• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:43
CEST 05:43
KST 12:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8298 users

[G] PvZ HerOic FFE - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 Next All
zeehar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)3804 Posts
November 23 2011 02:11 GMT
#61
On November 23 2011 08:41 Exoticidea wrote:
woahs


woes.
I AM THE UNIVERSAL CONSTANT
-YoricK-
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States477 Posts
November 23 2011 02:40 GMT
#62
I'm really loving this style of PvZ, thanks for this guide! I'm normally really lost in this matchup. Best part is you can hit before mutas come out, and tons of zergs are going heavy muta these days. It also really punishes players who go for a quick 3rd and drone hard while delaying their tech. Had a game where I was able to kill all 3 of the zergs hatches lol...+1 zealots just shred through lings, especially when they are hard to surround in the mineral patch. And while you are harassing one base you can just move your warp prism to the next one.
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
November 23 2011 03:53 GMT
#63
On November 23 2011 11:40 flipstorm wrote:
I'm really loving this style of PvZ, thanks for this guide! I'm normally really lost in this matchup. Best part is you can hit before mutas come out, and tons of zergs are going heavy muta these days. It also really punishes players who go for a quick 3rd and drone hard while delaying their tech. Had a game where I was able to kill all 3 of the zergs hatches lol...+1 zealots just shred through lings, especially when they are hard to surround in the mineral patch. And while you are harassing one base you can just move your warp prism to the next one.

Yep. This build allows for much more dynamic play in that respect, which is why I love it so much!
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
paddyz
Profile Joined May 2011
Ireland628 Posts
November 23 2011 04:32 GMT
#64
Thank you kind sir
LatsyrC
Profile Joined November 2011
Haiti76 Posts
November 23 2011 04:36 GMT
#65
isnt this the build that naniwa used in last MLG? 4gate +1 warp prism pressure into collosus 2base timming attack?
SyT3Kro
terranmoccasin
Profile Joined February 2011
United States74 Posts
November 23 2011 17:59 GMT
#66
The opener is similar... but this is more like outlining a new, harass-based PvZ style that can react to what army composition he defends with. That timing attack that Naniwa did is just one of many possible transitions.
skatbone
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1005 Posts
November 23 2011 21:42 GMT
#67
Thanks for this Alejandrisha. I've tried my own FFE into 4-gate pressure in lowly diamond-league but you have ironed out the timings in a manner that makes more sense that what I was doing. I like to play a harass based style and this sets me up for that. This build also allows to pressure heavily enough that mass mutas aren't a threat in the mid-game (if the game goes long, they might still make an appearance). The fast third allows me to play the game as I really want to play. So often, I get stuck on 2-base with an oversaturation problem.

Unfortunately, post-MLG, 4 out of every 5 zerg I play roach rush me off one hatch, or just after they drop their natural hatch. Like other tosses, if I scout it, I can usually defend it. But if I fail to scout it, I run into trouble.

I am wondering what the best followup is if the zerg has forced me to make 4+ cannons to defend their roaches. I've seen three followups from them: they are taking a 3rd while they roach harass, they just mass more roaches, or they tech switch and mass off of two base. The hardest for me to deal with is when they take the fast third. I suppose I should look to attack ASAP after I hold their rush. However, if they are smart, they get away with most of their roaches and it takes me a couple of minutes to field an army.
Mercurial#1193
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 22:23:08
November 23 2011 22:19 GMT
#68
I don't think your FFE builds are safe. 15 pools on standard maps get to your nat at 4:10 if they don't waste any time. Your nexus first build I can't remember exactly but the cannon gets finished at ~4:20. 6 lings in your base is a pretty big issue, and if it's later than that he could just target down the cannon.

This is causing me to always forge, pylon block nat, another pylon, cannon,gate if I go nexus first and always go pylon forge nexus pylon cannon gate if i forge first. The issue is this delays my warpgate by quite a bit. With 4 chrono's the earliest I get it is 8:00, where in your replay i think it was finishing at ~7:30

Any tips?
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
November 23 2011 22:29 GMT
#69
On November 24 2011 07:19 Complete wrote:
I don't think your FFE builds are safe. 15 pools on standard maps get to your nat at 4:10 if they don't waste any time. Your nexus first build I can't remember exactly but the cannon gets finished at ~4:20. 6 lings in your base is a pretty big issue, and if it's later than that he could just target down the cannon.

This is causing me to always forge, pylon block nat, another pylon, cannon,gate if I go nexus first and always go pylon forge nexus pylon cannon gate if i forge first. The issue is this delays my warpgate by quite a bit. With 4 chrono's the earliest I get it is 8:00, where in your replay i think it was finishing at ~7:30

Any tips?


Send a replay. His opening is standard, so there should be no problem. Sometimes you do have to pull probes to block or add a temporary 2nd gateway.
Moderator
Leafs
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada41 Posts
November 23 2011 23:05 GMT
#70
Do you think this style is too APM heavy for a middling platinum player like myself? Is there too much going on to be able to implement it well? Having trouble in PvZ, and willing to try anything new, really.
Zeppelin535
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada262 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 23:10:58
November 23 2011 23:07 GMT
#71
High-Master Protoss here... Been trying this style quite a bit lately. It really seems quite powerful. Personally I just stay on 2 base unless there is some reason for me to take a third. The skill ceiling is what I love most about this style. Mostly what I've been doing is sniping the third with those 8 zealots, then going for a 4 Sentry WP drop in the main while I poke the front with my Blink Stalker army. But watching replays I've realized I could even warp in a couple DTs and send them to the third while I'm doing all that.

This harass style off 2 base is very strong if you can out multitask your opponent. All the excess gas I find myself with in the early game due to making the 8 Zealots is also great, and makes throwing down that Dark Shrine quite easy, and the DTs become quite valuable as the game progresses. All the tech becomes even more valuable and makes this style very versatile. If they go mass roach, you can add Immortals from your Robo, if they go infestor+ling or muta+ling you can go Archons thanks to the DTs and you already have Blink for the Mutas.

Thank you OP for the guide.
Bones (P) | @BonesSC2 | twitch.tv/Bones535
awwnuts07
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States621 Posts
November 24 2011 02:42 GMT
#72
On November 24 2011 08:05 Leafs wrote:
Do you think this style is too APM heavy for a middling platinum player like myself? Is there too much going on to be able to implement it well? Having trouble in PvZ, and willing to try anything new, really.

It is. I know cuz i'm the same as you. However, you should just do the build. you wont get better unless you push yourself.
I'm a noob
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-24 03:36:15
November 24 2011 03:33 GMT
#73
On November 24 2011 08:05 Leafs wrote:
Do you think this style is too APM heavy for a middling platinum player like myself? Is there too much going on to be able to implement it well? Having trouble in PvZ, and willing to try anything new, really.


It's tough to make it work as well as it can, sure. But using this build will force you to multitask and that's they only way you will improve

My last guide was kinda of like that in the sense that the whole thing falls flat unless your mechanics are sound. I think that is the way we should be playing right now with the game in its infancy!

@Zeppelin535- I'm glad you appreciate the versatility of this build as much as I do! I agree that doing the harass in no way guarantees you a free third. I've had success with powering off of 2 bases for quite some time before taking a 3rd if I take one before the game is over. Against anything but 2/3 base roach and 2 base infestor, you can take a 3rd pretty safely if you do some damage and keep your macro up in the meantime, adding gates as you go.
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
Necrophantasia
Profile Joined May 2010
Japan299 Posts
November 24 2011 03:48 GMT
#74
Been trying so hard to use this style, but no one at my level even takes a third anymore. It's just 2 base into a bazillion roaches.

My 8 +1 zealots don't do anything and I just die to roach. What to do?
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
November 24 2011 03:54 GMT
#75
On November 24 2011 12:48 Necrophantasia wrote:
Been trying so hard to use this style, but no one at my level even takes a third anymore. It's just 2 base into a bazillion roaches.

My 8 +1 zealots don't do anything and I just die to roach. What to do?


This can be problematic. I've been trying to find sure-fire ways to scout whether or not a 3rd has been taken; getting 2 zealots out before WG can do the trick as long as they dont have a lot of speedlings out on the map at that time, which should clue you into some kind of 2 base shenanigans. Using the probes you hide on the map before lings are out can also be of use but it is tough to use that scout and still hide the fact you might have pylons some where. link a replay here if you'd like some additional help.
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
Xenorawks
Profile Joined October 2011
158 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-24 03:58:19
November 24 2011 03:56 GMT
#76
On November 24 2011 12:48 Necrophantasia wrote:
Been trying so hard to use this style, but no one at my level even takes a third anymore. It's just 2 base into a bazillion roaches.

My 8 +1 zealots don't do anything and I just die to roach. What to do?


Actually, the FFE into 4 gate rush does pretty well against roach all in. You are supposed to have like 2 sentries ready if you consistently build them out of your 1 gate, once you know it's a 2 base roach, you just have to add cannons, and holf off with forcefields until your warp gate tech is done. Your warp gate tech should be done only a little later than his roach attack so just warp in stalkers/sentries after that you'll be fine. Add a robo afterwards to get obs and immortal just in case he goes for burrow tech. A 2 base zerg army cannot fight a 2 base protoss army, no reason for you to die there. Just don't warp in zealots if he mass roach.

Maybe you have problem scouting the 2 base roach rush? It's actually the same for any FFE build, you have to scout with either 2-3 probes, or zealot/probe to be safe. Waiting for 2 zealots is a little late, but it'll do too.
Necrophantasia
Profile Joined May 2010
Japan299 Posts
November 24 2011 04:19 GMT
#77
Thank you for the advice. It seems like its more of a me not scouting right and being unprepared thing than a weakness of the build it seems.

I do have two sentries but the 4 forcefields I get doesn't seen to be enough on shattered temple, but it seems I need to work on scouting. I'll keep that in mind.
Turo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada333 Posts
November 24 2011 04:43 GMT
#78
Hey, I really love your guides, they help my play out so much! I have a problem though, with FFE in general. How do you stop the 6 pool? Even if i scout them 1st on a 4 player map, I just have no idea how to respond...

My probes either die defending my cannon, or can't stop the lings from killing my pylon! What do you do if you scout a 6-7 pool?

I know you briefly mention in the guide, but I was wondering if maybe you have a more in depth response?
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
November 24 2011 04:50 GMT
#79
On November 24 2011 13:43 Turo wrote:
Hey, I really love your guides, they help my play out so much! I have a problem though, with FFE in general. How do you stop the 6 pool? Even if i scout them 1st on a 4 player map, I just have no idea how to respond...

My probes either die defending my cannon, or can't stop the lings from killing my pylon! What do you do if you scout a 6-7 pool?

I know you briefly mention in the guide, but I was wondering if maybe you have a more in depth response?

i'll have a friend of mine 6pool me and i'll upload it in the near future
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
Xaeldaren
Profile Joined June 2010
Ireland588 Posts
November 24 2011 05:01 GMT
#80
This sounds so good! I'll be giving it a very thorough read when it isn't 5am in the morning. Thank you for this guide
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 252
NeuroSwarm 197
FoxeR 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3875
Leta 1976
Bale 52
Shine 26
Icarus 5
Other Games
summit1g8088
JimRising 568
WinterStarcraft468
ViBE151
Mew2King24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick670
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta22
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo791
Other Games
• Scarra1061
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 17m
Patches Events
11h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 17m
OSC
19h 17m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.