• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:59
CEST 16:59
KST 23:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9949 users

SC2 Strategy Recommended Threads: Read Second - Page 8

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 13 Next All
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
January 27 2012 17:18 GMT
#141
Thanks Nuclease <3

Hey Monk
Recently wrote a guide on an All-In build for ZvT. I know recommended threads are geared more towards macro/standard play, but the guide consists of a detailed look at an aggressive build that is very common in Korean top level ZvT, as well as step-by-step analysis for players who want to experiment with more aggressive styles.

The Roach/Ling/Baneling "Big Bust"
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306525
Guide to planning and executing a potent, all-in ZvT timing attack.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
starplayer35
Profile Joined January 2012
United States40 Posts
January 31 2012 00:11 GMT
#142
nice
ctypewriter
Profile Joined December 2011
63 Posts
January 31 2012 03:53 GMT
#143
Not sure if this is the right place to request, but I couldn't think of any other place.

Would it be possible if people could create more General guides to match ups? (responses to scouted information, army compositions, ratio of units, building placement, timing windows ect) I understand that this is quite a selfish request but after reading many of the guides I'm still confused about a lot of general things. (Yes I've thought about making a [H] thread but a guide sized post asking for help wasn't an appealing thought. The amount of replays I would have to post to show all my problems in every matchup would be rediculous as well)
SC2NeCro
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada507 Posts
January 31 2012 23:17 GMT
#144
Is there a definitive resource for the best and most up-to-date Terran strategies and build orders? The Liquipedia section itself states that it's outdated somewhat and to read at your own risk. I'd like to have access to all successful builds, whether it's macro or all-in etc.
Fav Terran: forGG, aLive, Jinro ||| Fav Zerg: Moon, TLO, DRG ||| Fav Protoss: Genius, Grubby, ToD
starfox0_0
Profile Joined November 2011
United States29 Posts
February 01 2012 01:45 GMT
#145
This is better than having to dig through old and closed threads for terms which honestly most of the time, is a waste of time.
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sctribune
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
February 01 2012 23:25 GMT
#146
On January 28 2012 02:18 TangSC wrote:
Thanks Nuclease <3

Hey Monk
Recently wrote a guide on an All-In build for ZvT. I know recommended threads are geared more towards macro/standard play, but the guide consists of a detailed look at an aggressive build that is very common in Korean top level ZvT, as well as step-by-step analysis for players who want to experiment with more aggressive styles.

The Roach/Ling/Baneling "Big Bust"
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306525
Guide to planning and executing a potent, all-in ZvT timing attack.

I'll add this next time I get a chance.

On January 31 2012 12:53 ctypewriter wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to request, but I couldn't think of any other place.

Would it be possible if people could create more General guides to match ups? (responses to scouted information, army compositions, ratio of units, building placement, timing windows ect) I understand that this is quite a selfish request but after reading many of the guides I'm still confused about a lot of general things. (Yes I've thought about making a [H] thread but a guide sized post asking for help wasn't an appealing thought. The amount of replays I would have to post to show all my problems in every matchup would be rediculous as well)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you're asking for a "How to Play Starcraft 2" guide. Don't know exactly what you're looking for.

On February 01 2012 08:17 SC2NeCro wrote:
Is there a definitive resource for the best and most up-to-date Terran strategies and build orders? The Liquipedia section itself states that it's outdated somewhat and to read at your own risk. I'd like to have access to all successful builds, whether it's macro or all-in etc.

Nope, not really. Terran is limited in its guides. =/
Moderator
ctypewriter
Profile Joined December 2011
63 Posts
February 02 2012 00:26 GMT
#147
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 12:53 ctypewriter wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to request, but I couldn't think of any other place.

Would it be possible if people could create more General guides to match ups? (responses to scouted information, army compositions, ratio of units, building placement, timing windows ect) I understand that this is quite a selfish request but after reading many of the guides I'm still confused about a lot of general things. (Yes I've thought about making a [H] thread but a guide sized post asking for help wasn't an appealing thought. The amount of replays I would have to post to show all my problems in every matchup would be rediculous as well)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you're asking for a "How to Play Starcraft 2" guide. Don't know exactly what you're looking for.


What I was requesting was guides such as "General ZvP" or "General TvP", but "How to Play Starcraft 2" would be pretty accurate.

Please note that I am not directing this obviously rediculous and selfish request to any single person, but the general population who has a strong understanding of mechanics (aka GM/Masters).

For the record, I am a low diamond player, and I feel like I am missing way too many points on each matchup. Examples of some would include ideal army compositions (Colossi vs Archons ect), making sim citys to your advantage (group up buildings vs making small chokes), as well as when and how to be agressive (walking into the map to worry the other player vs turtling + harass). There are also a few trillion other things but these are just some examples of information which would greatly help me as well as many other TLers.
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-04 15:39:14
February 03 2012 08:50 GMT
#148
Kcdc's latest guide, http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=308519, should be added i feel.

Even if the whole warp prism thing is really new and untested, it's still a pretty good 2base templar pvt build, so it complements the other two guides really well. Pretty cool how now there's guide on fast colossus, double forge and templar for pvt ^^


edit: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=308972 is also extremely good imo, specifies what to scout for, when and how to react to whatever zerg is doing, while giving a pretty solid build. Plus, terrans desperately need guides even if it's not standard marine/tank.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
February 07 2012 01:19 GMT
#149
Hey big props to OP for continually updating this ^^
Got a lot of builds from this thread
¯\_(シ)_/¯
LCD
Profile Joined January 2012
3 Posts
February 09 2012 19:27 GMT
#150
Wow, This is a great thread. So much information for anyone at any level. Thanks for maintaining this. I'll definitely put in some time and look through some of the important looking guides with detail.
Lobotomist
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1541 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 21:11:30
February 09 2012 21:02 GMT
#151
zvt: a roach opener consider adding this as well. High level guide by blade showing a roach opener against the ubiquitous reactor hellion opener, complete with repays from the Korean server

Edit: looks like its in there already, props on the speed op
Teching to hive too quickly isn't just a risk: it's an ultrarisk
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-11 10:04:46
February 11 2012 10:01 GMT
#152
Added the roach/baneling allin, mech TvZ, and the ZvT Roach opener.
Moved Geiko's 3 gate defense to outdated guides.
Kcdc's guide isn't proven enough imo for me to add it.

On February 02 2012 09:26 ctypewriter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 12:53 ctypewriter wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to request, but I couldn't think of any other place.

Would it be possible if people could create more General guides to match ups? (responses to scouted information, army compositions, ratio of units, building placement, timing windows ect) I understand that this is quite a selfish request but after reading many of the guides I'm still confused about a lot of general things. (Yes I've thought about making a [H] thread but a guide sized post asking for help wasn't an appealing thought. The amount of replays I would have to post to show all my problems in every matchup would be rediculous as well)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you're asking for a "How to Play Starcraft 2" guide. Don't know exactly what you're looking for.


What I was requesting was guides such as "General ZvP" or "General TvP", but "How to Play Starcraft 2" would be pretty accurate.

Please note that I am not directing this obviously rediculous and selfish request to any single person, but the general population who has a strong understanding of mechanics (aka GM/Masters).

For the record, I am a low diamond player, and I feel like I am missing way too many points on each matchup. Examples of some would include ideal army compositions (Colossi vs Archons ect), making sim citys to your advantage (group up buildings vs making small chokes), as well as when and how to be agressive (walking into the map to worry the other player vs turtling + harass). There are also a few trillion other things but these are just some examples of information which would greatly help me as well as many other TLers.

Imo there are plenty of guides on TL to answer most questions. Most matchups have at least one overview thread. There are resources like the simple questions thread, race specific help me threads, and H/Q threads you can make. If all of that isn't enough, get a coach.
Moderator
ODKStevez
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland1225 Posts
February 11 2012 11:38 GMT
#153
Really awesome to see this is being updated! ^_^
Luppa <3
Senjai
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada66 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 23:51:03
February 13 2012 23:50 GMT
#154
NrgMonk, you NEED to take a look at this series:


He has completed the series for protoss and zerg. He ONLY does safe openings for each race's 3 matchups. That is, he does the safe builds reccomended here. He starts a new character at bronze and does 4 videos to teach new players. This has surpassed EVERY guide I have ever read and got me to gold.

He gets to Gold rank 1 by the end of video 4 (4 hours of gameplay) He's a masters player on EU and professional coach.

Please add his protoss and zerg series. Watch those videos, you'll see yourself. He has a terran series coming soon.

He definitely deserves recognition. The linked video is part 4 he does a lot of explaining in part 1 for basics.

He's helped me so much i feel obligated to post here and strongly endorse his work.

He covers everything from hotkeys to the options menu.

Senjai
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
February 14 2012 00:19 GMT
#155
On February 14 2012 08:50 Senjai wrote:
NrgMonk, you NEED to take a look at this series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr8IujGKWvI&feature=plcp&context=C3eefdd2UDOEgsToPDskKBrQa7LjwgXlWJEAafYnh2

He has completed the series for protoss and zerg. He ONLY does safe openings for each race's 3 matchups. That is, he does the safe builds reccomended here. He starts a new character at bronze and does 4 videos to teach new players. This has surpassed EVERY guide I have ever read and got me to gold.

He gets to Gold rank 1 by the end of video 4 (4 hours of gameplay) He's a masters player on EU and professional coach.

Please add his protoss and zerg series. Watch those videos, you'll see yourself. He has a terran series coming soon.

He definitely deserves recognition. The linked video is part 4 he does a lot of explaining in part 1 for basics.

He's helped me so much i feel obligated to post here and strongly endorse his work.

He covers everything from hotkeys to the options menu.

Senjai

This thread is for recommended threads. What you posted isn't a thread.
Moderator
Senjai
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada66 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 00:32:37
February 14 2012 00:32 GMT
#156
No it isn't, but It is relevant.

You are correct, but I feel like this stuff should be located where players come to find guides and tutorials. This is such a location. My feelings aren't important, however it might be better suited to the wiki.

Alas if you are unable to put it in the topic can you point me to where it would be best placed?
EDIT: Did you take a look?
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
February 14 2012 00:44 GMT
#157
On February 14 2012 09:32 Senjai wrote:
No it isn't, but It is relevant.

You are correct, but I feel like this stuff should be located where players come to find guides and tutorials. This is such a location. My feelings aren't important, however it might be better suited to the wiki.

Alas if you are unable to put it in the topic can you point me to where it would be best placed?
EDIT: Did you take a look?

Just open up a strategy forum thread if you want to show people. I'm not sure if that would be considered advertising though, but probably not since it's just a youtube video. And yes, I checked out 10 seconds of it.
Moderator
Senjai
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada66 Posts
February 14 2012 00:52 GMT
#158
Well, it's not my video, so I have nothing to gain. Won't be considering advertising if I'm trying to help people :/ But you should look into more than 10 seconds, I know how awesome you are and all but, it's worth checking out, no matter the skill level. At least to reccomend to newbies like myself.

Thanks for your time anyways Monk.
RoboBob
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States798 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-15 19:55:58
February 15 2012 19:52 GMT
#159
On February 01 2012 08:17 SC2NeCro wrote:
Is there a definitive resource for the best and most up-to-date Terran strategies and build orders? The Liquipedia section itself states that it's outdated somewhat and to read at your own risk. I'd like to have access to all successful builds, whether it's macro or all-in etc.

There's plenty of good Terran guides in this forum. It's just that they are not listed in the OP.

Your best bet is to use advanced search, and search for "[G]" in the SC2 strategy forum. And then check out each Terran guide yourself.

Because this thread is rather poor for Terran strategy, I've been using this resource a lot: http://www.terransc.blogspot.com/ . I'm not really advertising it, it isn't my site, but maybe it fits what you are looking for. They list a ton of different builds but unfortunately they don't go too indepth.
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
February 15 2012 20:13 GMT
#160
On February 16 2012 04:52 RoboBob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2012 08:17 SC2NeCro wrote:
Is there a definitive resource for the best and most up-to-date Terran strategies and build orders? The Liquipedia section itself states that it's outdated somewhat and to read at your own risk. I'd like to have access to all successful builds, whether it's macro or all-in etc.

There's plenty of good Terran guides in this forum. It's just that they are not listed in the OP.

Your best bet is to use advanced search, and search for "[G]" in the SC2 strategy forum. And then check out each Terran guide yourself.

Because this thread is rather poor for Terran strategy, I've been using this resource a lot: http://www.terransc.blogspot.com/ . I'm not really advertising it, it isn't my site, but maybe it fits what you are looking for. They list a ton of different builds but unfortunately they don't go too indepth.

Blame terran players for not writing better/more guides. =P
Moderator
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 685
ComeBackTV 482
SteadfastSC357
Rex135
CosmosSc2 59
EnkiAlexander 42
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 357
ProTech139
Rex 135
CosmosSc2 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47426
Jaedong 1276
Hyuk 908
Soma 845
Mini 630
BeSt 571
Horang2 568
Soulkey 431
EffOrt 427
Larva 391
[ Show more ]
Stork 326
ZerO 325
Last 265
Snow 255
ggaemo 253
Rush 222
Killer 78
hero 76
Mind 62
Free 53
Shinee 38
sorry 35
Shine 30
Sharp 30
ToSsGirL 23
Bale 22
Terrorterran 22
Trap 17
yabsab 17
HiyA 15
Rock 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7996
qojqva1183
Dendi806
Counter-Strike
Fnx 694
x6flipin248
markeloff125
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2294
Khaldor1935
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2955
singsing2108
olofmeister1266
hiko925
B2W.Neo869
byalli402
Liquid`VortiX179
KnowMe117
Mew2King79
QueenE78
Trikslyr17
ZerO(Twitch)15
Railgan13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH303
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1970
League of Legends
• Nemesis1811
• Jankos1255
• TFBlade760
Other Games
• Shiphtur275
• WagamamaTV200
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
19h 2m
OSC
22h 2m
Stellar Fest
22h 2m
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 22h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.