• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:01
CEST 14:01
KST 21:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9039 users

SC2 Strategy Recommended Threads: Read Second - Page 6

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 13 Next All
FirstGear
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia185 Posts
November 24 2011 12:14 GMT
#101
There could just be a separate spoilered section for guides that aren't 'blue poster certified' or something like that. Basically guides that have been suggested but refused for various reasons, whether it is formatting, detail or general quality. A use these at your own peril section so to speak. Given that would be quite a bit more work.

I feel a bit sorry for you Monk. You're taking on/have done a lot of work which is very useful for the community, but the very nature of recommended threads is subjective. It means you'll inevitably get criticisms when you should be getting praise.
RamonMcGrady
Profile Joined July 2011
33 Posts
November 26 2011 09:40 GMT
#102
I feel you should consider adding a couple of things on the terran section, specially TvT.

Any noob who will come to this thread will assume going pure air is the way to go standard in the matchup, and it is not. I agree that iEchoic's is one of the most informative threads there are out there, very clean and so on, and I feel i'm not qualifyed enough to say "hey, put on THIS specific thread", but anyway, I hope you take notice on it, as newbie terrans will be a little bit lost upon reading your Terran section.

Thanks for the work, it's a very useful section when you are lost
Intricate1
Profile Joined May 2011
169 Posts
November 26 2011 23:17 GMT
#103
Warden's TvP 1:1:1 into "Terran Death Ball"

I Think it's worth noting the in-depth look at TvP early game scouting in this guide, even if your not going to use Warden's 1:1:1 build the thread is still worth checking out because of it, IMO
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
November 26 2011 23:27 GMT
#104
On November 24 2011 21:14 FirstGear wrote:
There could just be a separate spoilered section for guides that aren't 'blue poster certified' or something like that. Basically guides that have been suggested but refused for various reasons, whether it is formatting, detail or general quality. A use these at your own peril section so to speak. Given that would be quite a bit more work.

I feel a bit sorry for you Monk. You're taking on/have done a lot of work which is very useful for the community, but the very nature of recommended threads is subjective. It means you'll inevitably get criticisms when you should be getting praise.


Yea i might do this eventually


On November 26 2011 18:40 RamonMcGrady wrote:
I feel you should consider adding a couple of things on the terran section, specially TvT.

Any noob who will come to this thread will assume going pure air is the way to go standard in the matchup, and it is not. I agree that iEchoic's is one of the most informative threads there are out there, very clean and so on, and I feel i'm not qualifyed enough to say "hey, put on THIS specific thread", but anyway, I hope you take notice on it, as newbie terrans will be a little bit lost upon reading your Terran section.

Thanks for the work, it's a very useful section when you are lost

Nothing too good has come up tbh. Also, iEchoic's thread is marked "creative style"

On November 27 2011 08:17 Intricate1 wrote:
Warden's TvP 1:1:1 into "Terran Death Ball"

I Think it's worth noting the in-depth look at TvP early game scouting in this guide, even if your not going to use Warden's 1:1:1 build the thread is still worth checking out because of it, IMO

It's already there.
Moderator
kNightLite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States408 Posts
November 28 2011 19:10 GMT
#105
The Terran section is pathetic. It's pretty much identical to the list in the old thread.

There's no mech builds listed for TvZ. There's no bio builds listed for TvP. The only TvT build listed is so outdated it doesn't deserve to be there. If I were a newb Terran looking for help how to play each matchup, this thread would be exactly the wrong thing read. It shouldn't be that way.

There have been plenty of good new Terran threads, many of which have already been mentioned. Why aren't they listed in the main post? Because their formatting isn't pretty enough? Because they don't have a gazillion replays? It's better to have something than nothing.

Also, I'm not qualified to speak about other races, but I think it's ridiculous that there are no all-in builds listed for any race. Since when has Strategy Section become "macro builds only"? *every single pro* mixes all-ins into their play. 6 pool deserves a spot. 6 rax deserves a spot. 4 gate deserves a spot. I don't know much about PvP but I do know that if you PvP on Tal'Darim Altar you better know to how to 4 Gate. Too bad there isn't a guide on that.

I think the content in such an official thread should be decided on by the community instead of a single person. I don't mean any offense to you Monk, but I don't think its right for one person to judge what's a good guide for all three races. Especially when they're only low masters in one race. (not saying I'm any better)

Maybe if the mods would collectively select a representative for each race and give each of them edit rights to the thread? Or maybe open it up to all blue posters to edit? That way we wouldn't be relying upon one person to always keep it updated.
RamonMcGrady
Profile Joined July 2011
33 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-30 05:42:13
November 29 2011 06:38 GMT
#106
This could go to the TvZ section. Well presented, well explained and very helpful.

Hyper-Aggressive TvZ: Using the 1/1/1 to improve Mechanics and Win-Rate

Thanks!
torcu4us
Profile Joined November 2011
England3 Posts
November 29 2011 11:55 GMT
#107
--- Nuked ---
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
November 30 2011 10:25 GMT
#108
Would you say that my recent ZvP Midgame guide, http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=290135 , belongs in this thread?

Thanks for keeping this thread updated for the community monk
maxsilon
Profile Joined September 2011
Brazil3 Posts
December 05 2011 07:11 GMT
#109
wow man nice topic =D
DrZz
Profile Joined May 2011
Romania70 Posts
December 08 2011 10:06 GMT
#110
Thank you, i am a toss player and i think that this thread is a great "guide to the guides" for that.
I especially like the "standard" mark on the strategies.

Although i think that for the toss it's very good, i think that the Zerg guides are a little bit lacking and the Terran guides are severely lacking. My point is that maybe those sections can be updated so we'll have a "standard" mark for those races too.

Evolve, and let the chips fall where they may
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
December 08 2011 10:35 GMT
#111
On December 08 2011 19:06 razz wrote:
Thank you, i am a toss player and i think that this thread is a great "guide to the guides" for that.
I especially like the "standard" mark on the strategies.

Although i think that for the toss it's very good, i think that the Zerg guides are a little bit lacking and the Terran guides are severely lacking. My point is that maybe those sections can be updated so we'll have a "standard" mark for those races too.


It's kinda just a coincidence that 4 of the most prolific writers of guides are Protoss players. As I've said before, I want all guides in here to be of a very high standard and I'm not going to add guides just so all 3 races have the same number of guides. You should blame terran/zerg players for not writing enough high quality guides =P.

In a somewhat related matter, I've been a bit busy with other stuff to update this recently, but I'll get to it soon. I've had a few PMs and requests in this thread and I haven't forgotten about you all.
Moderator
Intricate1
Profile Joined May 2011
169 Posts
December 10 2011 01:12 GMT
#112
On November 27 2011 08:27 NrGmonk wrote:

Show nested quote +
On November 27 2011 08:17 Intricate1 wrote:
Warden's TvP 1:1:1 into "Terran Death Ball"

I Think it's worth noting the in-depth look at TvP early game scouting in this guide, even if your not going to use Warden's 1:1:1 build the thread is still worth checking out because of it, IMO

It's already there.



I realize the link is already posted for the 1:1:1 Deathball, what I meant was, its worth noting in the OP the scouting info within the guide. Even if your not going to use his 1:1:1 strategy, the thread is still worth reading just for the scouting breakdown.
FirstGear
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia185 Posts
December 10 2011 02:57 GMT
#113
I suggest this gets added:

Drewbie's TvX guide
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=293252
http://www.complexitygaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4456
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
December 10 2011 18:08 GMT
#114
Just did a huge update, pretty much adding all the suggestions so far. Added a historical section. Unfortunately, the terran section got even smaller, so I expect more QQ's incoming.
Moderator
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
December 11 2011 10:03 GMT
#115
On December 11 2011 03:08 NrGmonk wrote:
Just did a huge update, pretty much adding all the suggestions so far. Added a historical section. Unfortunately, the terran section got even smaller, so I expect more QQ's incoming.


Thanks for including my guide ^^.

Lol you should just put those terran guides hostage and slowly take them out one by one with each update until they start making more of them. Glad drewbies guide got included though, that was quite a feast to read.
listal
Profile Joined August 2003
United States228 Posts
December 14 2011 00:08 GMT
#116
shouldn't this thread be called "SC2 Strategy Recommended Guides"? right in the first line, it says that the OP of this thread contains only the highest quality guides. if it's not going to include quality discussion threads too, then it should just be "Guides".
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
December 14 2011 03:28 GMT
#117
On December 14 2011 09:08 listal wrote:
shouldn't this thread be called "SC2 Strategy Recommended Guides"? right in the first line, it says that the OP of this thread contains only the highest quality guides. if it's not going to include quality discussion threads too, then it should just be "Guides".

It includes threads and not guides as well. Word choice not so important here.
Moderator
kNightLite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States408 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-20 02:47:25
December 20 2011 02:42 GMT
#118
On December 08 2011 19:35 NrGmonk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 19:06 razz wrote:
Thank you, i am a toss player and i think that this thread is a great "guide to the guides" for that.
I especially like the "standard" mark on the strategies.

Although i think that for the toss it's very good, i think that the Zerg guides are a little bit lacking and the Terran guides are severely lacking. My point is that maybe those sections can be updated so we'll have a "standard" mark for those races too.


It's kinda just a coincidence that 4 of the most prolific writers of guides are Protoss players. As I've said before, I want all guides in here to be of a very high standard and I'm not going to add guides just so all 3 races have the same number of guides. You should blame terran/zerg players for not writing enough high quality guides =P.

In a somewhat related matter, I've been a bit busy with other stuff to update this recently, but I'll get to it soon. I've had a few PMs and requests in this thread and I haven't forgotten about you all.

Uh...yeahhhh. And I'm sure its a coincidence that the author of this thread plays Protoss at low masters, and includes several of his own guides. Of course that has nothing to do with the lack of T/Z guides.

Good grief.

User was temp banned for this post.
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
December 20 2011 03:53 GMT
#119
On December 20 2011 11:42 kNightLite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 19:35 NrGmonk wrote:
On December 08 2011 19:06 razz wrote:
Thank you, i am a toss player and i think that this thread is a great "guide to the guides" for that.
I especially like the "standard" mark on the strategies.

Although i think that for the toss it's very good, i think that the Zerg guides are a little bit lacking and the Terran guides are severely lacking. My point is that maybe those sections can be updated so we'll have a "standard" mark for those races too.


It's kinda just a coincidence that 4 of the most prolific writers of guides are Protoss players. As I've said before, I want all guides in here to be of a very high standard and I'm not going to add guides just so all 3 races have the same number of guides. You should blame terran/zerg players for not writing enough high quality guides =P.

In a somewhat related matter, I've been a bit busy with other stuff to update this recently, but I'll get to it soon. I've had a few PMs and requests in this thread and I haven't forgotten about you all.

Uh...yeahhhh. And I'm sure its a coincidence that the author of this thread plays Protoss at low masters, and includes several of his own guides. Of course that has nothing to do with the lack of T/Z guides.

Good grief.

Lol, first of all from my guides you can obviously tell I'm not low masters. 2nd of all you can't say I don't write the most detailed guides on this forum.
Moderator
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
December 20 2011 04:02 GMT
#120
On December 20 2011 11:42 kNightLite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 19:35 NrGmonk wrote:
On December 08 2011 19:06 razz wrote:
Thank you, i am a toss player and i think that this thread is a great "guide to the guides" for that.
I especially like the "standard" mark on the strategies.

Although i think that for the toss it's very good, i think that the Zerg guides are a little bit lacking and the Terran guides are severely lacking. My point is that maybe those sections can be updated so we'll have a "standard" mark for those races too.


It's kinda just a coincidence that 4 of the most prolific writers of guides are Protoss players. As I've said before, I want all guides in here to be of a very high standard and I'm not going to add guides just so all 3 races have the same number of guides. You should blame terran/zerg players for not writing enough high quality guides =P.

In a somewhat related matter, I've been a bit busy with other stuff to update this recently, but I'll get to it soon. I've had a few PMs and requests in this thread and I haven't forgotten about you all.

Uh...yeahhhh. And I'm sure its a coincidence that the author of this thread plays Protoss at low masters, and includes several of his own guides. Of course that has nothing to do with the lack of T/Z guides.

Good grief.

please forgive monk for contributing. it's a problem and he's doing his best to stop
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV397
Rex75
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko370
ProTech130
Rex 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32902
Hyuk 1200
Jaedong 928
actioN 572
Soma 466
Horang2 385
Soulkey 338
BeSt 320
Larva 296
Mini 268
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 259
Light 218
910 214
Stork 209
Last 176
Snow 144
Rush 138
ggaemo 103
Pusan 91
ZerO 73
Mind 49
Killer 41
Mong 38
Creator 35
Shinee 33
hero 29
Bale 27
Sharp 26
sorry 26
Free 25
yabsab 16
HiyA 12
Noble 12
Sacsri 9
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7900
Dendi436
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1551
markeloff106
kRYSTAL_54
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2808
Khaldor1009
Other Games
gofns32021
singsing1621
B2W.Neo319
XBOCT300
DeMusliM276
Pyrionflax263
byalli80
Mew2King66
ArmadaUGS43
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream169
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 99
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1409
Other Games
• WagamamaTV173
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
59m
The PondCast
21h 59m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.