• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:35
CEST 05:35
KST 12:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9729 users

[G] Grandmaster by 6pooling, how to - Page 30

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 49 Next All
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 09:36:08
November 23 2011 09:32 GMT
#581
just met Habit on ladder, and lost to a 4 worker harrass, really frustrating :<
terranmoccasin
Profile Joined February 2011
United States74 Posts
November 23 2011 16:22 GMT
#582
Zerg players should definitely blindly open fast fast pool in ZvP.

As a toss player I think this is always a great choice given 95% of current builds all open with FFE, and 6 pooling will put you on even grounds or sometimes you can win the game.
Bad_Habit
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany243 Posts
November 27 2011 00:35 GMT
#583
On November 23 2011 18:32 Laurens wrote:
just met Habit on ladder, and lost to a 4 worker harrass, really frustrating :<


thats what im working on right now! :O
I only gg vs protoss when I'm winning
ishyishy
Profile Joined February 2011
United States826 Posts
November 27 2011 04:28 GMT
#584
Zerg players should definitely blindly open fast fast pool in ZvP.

As a toss player I think this is always a great choice given 95% of current builds all open with FFE, and 6 pooling will put you on even grounds or sometimes you can win the game.


Fear not, it is happening. Hopefully someone out there will find a catch-all to preventing and beating zerg cheese. I get cheesed pretty much every time vs zerg. They are making the same mistake that I did, though. I 4 gated to masters, and now I cant beat anyone because they can beat it effortlessly. Poor me, but the people that only cheese will end up the same way.

I actually hope that blizzard gets so many complaints that they make a balance patch for the spawning pool or zerglings lol.
iMbanana
Profile Joined January 2011
Russian Federation2 Posts
November 27 2011 04:48 GMT
#585
wow
Acklay
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1 Post
November 27 2011 07:59 GMT
#586
Thanks for the suggestions! I've tried the Protoss and the Zerg versions in ladder and have been impressed with the results. I'm a high platinum 1v1 player. I wonder how long it'll be before I start playing against people who can counter this.
The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of one hour.
Shanyo
Profile Joined July 2011
Belgium70 Posts
November 27 2011 10:43 GMT
#587
I've been trying some of these strats, but I fail in executing them sometimes. I need more replays vs Protoss and Terran .
I'm all creeped out
HoMM
Profile Joined July 2010
Estonia636 Posts
November 27 2011 10:50 GMT
#588
On November 27 2011 09:35 Bad_Habit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2011 18:32 Laurens wrote:
just met Habit on ladder, and lost to a 4 worker harrass, really frustrating :<


thats what im working on right now! :O


How do you react if they a-move 5 of their workers onto you?
SC2 Masters Protoss - LoL Diamond adc/support www.twitter.com/hommlol www.youtube.com/homm87
JonB
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden325 Posts
November 27 2011 11:11 GMT
#589
cool stuff, might try this out on the ladder some time
hacker and programmer - the2me4u on skype
GGPope
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia367 Posts
November 27 2011 12:19 GMT
#590
Excellent thread, good read. I'm usually pretty immune to early pools as I like to get a fast 2nd depot to wall-in for scout denial/defense, so the more people do this the better my win-loss will look I guess.
chingchong99
Profile Joined November 2011
Nauru64 Posts
November 27 2011 12:28 GMT
#591
On November 19 2011 21:47 maggy0 wrote:
I love the ZvZ 7 pool, just owned some guy with it, that from the beginning was BM. (i glhf'ed he replied with "fuck you") Anyway i muted him right away, and after watching the replay I saw how he tried to BM afterwards ^^
I did some mistakes, but won anyway.

Here's the rep!

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=242174

Including insults such as "you will never win against me", "pls go play tetris noob" and "u suck" - while he saw himself losing.

EDIT: This was done in high masters by the way, so it is very possible to get to grandmaster by 6-7pooling, at least in ZvZ!


500p really isnt high masters...
~900 pts masters toss @ EU | Looking for a practice partner, pm me!
Psychobabas
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
2531 Posts
November 27 2011 12:32 GMT
#592
On November 27 2011 21:19 GGPope wrote:
Excellent thread, good read. I'm usually pretty immune to early pools as I like to get a fast 2nd depot to wall-in for scout denial/defense, so the more people do this the better my win-loss will look I guess.


Ditto

Zergs please do this more often!
SmokinBudder
Profile Joined November 2011
United States7 Posts
November 27 2011 12:45 GMT
#593
hehe

sc24ever
turnip
Profile Joined May 2010
United States193 Posts
November 27 2011 13:32 GMT
#594
Thanks for the micro tips the more regularly people can beat cheese, the faster the overall quality of ladder players will increase <3
Deleted User 61629
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
1664 Posts
November 27 2011 13:34 GMT
#595
--- Nuked ---
Bad_Habit
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany243 Posts
November 27 2011 15:44 GMT
#596
On November 27 2011 19:50 HoMM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2011 09:35 Bad_Habit wrote:
On November 23 2011 18:32 Laurens wrote:
just met Habit on ladder, and lost to a 4 worker harrass, really frustrating :<


thats what im working on right now! :O


How do you react if they a-move 5 of their workers onto you?


im smileing because i know he loses more miningtime and all his timings get lose and he will be in a unsure situation for him when im in a situation i have been in plenty of times before.
I only gg vs protoss when I'm winning
culottemaron
Profile Joined October 2011
France2 Posts
November 27 2011 16:31 GMT
#597
Hi, I just play for the second time against habbit on ladder and he rape me, I really analize the replay and try on my smurf and it's really hard to counter but difficult to execute, mastery habbit gg are really well build.

PS : sry i use google translate !
sCFade
Profile Joined September 2010
307 Posts
November 27 2011 18:58 GMT
#598
Are you the same Habit as from PM's Wc3 team?
Renfield
Profile Joined August 2011
United States62 Posts
November 27 2011 22:30 GMT
#599
As a protoss player I wanna thank the person who created this topic for getting me free wins half the time against Zerg lol. So many players 6 pool now its pretty much an auto win every time for me.
F-Decoy
Profile Joined June 2011
France245 Posts
November 27 2011 22:34 GMT
#600
Great thread Mister, putting the 6 pool to that level isn't nothing and unlike many people think, it's not easy to do it well. Great job, really; feeling Im gonna try a bit with a smurf one day.
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 49 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 227
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 529
NaDa 49
TT1 15
Leta 10
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm203
League of Legends
JimRising 676
Other Games
summit1g11143
WinterStarcraft415
Mew2King105
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1356
BasetradeTV288
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream143
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush825
• Lourlo768
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 25m
INu's Battles
8h 25m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 25m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 25m
Replay Cast
19h 25m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.