• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:26
CEST 13:26
KST 20:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8405 users

I'm at work ... - Page 11

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next All
Hairy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1169 Posts
July 18 2011 22:54 GMT
#201
On July 19 2011 07:31 ensign_lee wrote:
While I understand the rationale behind this (and other recent "do not do this" rules), are y'all not concerned that you're providing extreme disincentives to post *at all*?

It's not as though we're all forced to provide advice, or to post on teamliquid, or to visit teamliquid. And all these events are related. If I posted here at TL less, I would probably visit less, which I think would ultimately hurt the site with less traffic. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't TL want as much traffic here on the site as possible? That's how you earn revenue with ads, etc. right?

I mean, I'll obviously follow this rule, but admins / mods / owners - really *think* about the repercussions of your actions. Most forums would kill to have lots of chatter (posts, traffic), and you're actively discouraging it. Be careful.

The incentive to post, and the incentive to "jump through hoops" to reach the required standards, is through the appeal of being part of the best SC2 community there is.

After just a glance at the battlenet forums it's easy to see that the place is a cess pit, and it's a craphole simply because there are no requirements or restrictions to post. TL is the best BECAUSE it sets the minimum quality bar extremely high, not in spite of it.
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits
Pillage
Profile Joined July 2011
United States804 Posts
July 18 2011 23:05 GMT
#202
After just a glance at the battlenet forums it's easy to see that the place is a cess pit, and it's a craphole simply because there are no requirements or restrictions to post. TL is the best BECAUSE it sets the minimum quality bar extremely high, not in spite of it.


This.

The whole reason that I made my way over here from BNET forums was due to the fact that their are maybe a couple dozen people over there that know what they are talking about, and the rest are are just QQing crybabies that clog up the forum with useless complaining threads, or just stupid ideas that anyone with experience can see will fail miserably.
"Power has no limits." -Tiberius
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
July 18 2011 23:12 GMT
#203
One thing Zatic - Exception to [D] and responding with questions to [G] threads I would assume? Though at that point you should just omit im at work so I guess the logic stands to the bans/warnings.

Though I agree that posting in strat forums for [H] threads is useless when you cant post or view replays.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
July 19 2011 08:44 GMT
#204
On July 19 2011 07:31 ensign_lee wrote:
While I understand the rationale behind this (and other recent "do not do this" rules), are y'all not concerned that you're providing extreme disincentives to post *at all*?

It's not as though we're all forced to provide advice, or to post on teamliquid, or to visit teamliquid. And all these events are related. If I posted here at TL less, I would probably visit less, which I think would ultimately hurt the site with less traffic. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't TL want as much traffic here on the site as possible? That's how you earn revenue with ads, etc. right?

I mean, I'll obviously follow this rule, but admins / mods / owners - really *think* about the repercussions of your actions. Most forums would kill to have lots of chatter (posts, traffic), and you're actively discouraging it. Be careful.

I get what you are saying, but I don't think this is a problem at all. First of all I don't think there is going to be a problem with too few people posting for a long while. And I actually think the traffic argument goes the opposite way. Less bad posts means a better Strategy forum which is a resource people look for. If they (only) find it on TL that means more traffic for TL.

On July 19 2011 08:12 ZeromuS wrote:
One thing Zatic - Exception to [D] and responding with questions to [G] threads I would assume? Though at that point you should just omit im at work so I guess the logic stands to the bans/warnings.

Though I agree that posting in strat forums for [H] threads is useless when you cant post or view replays.

This was mostly concerning [H] thread yes, but is not limited to them. As others have pointed out it is just as bad when a high level player puts in the effort to create a guide and post several replays and some donkey comes into the thread and goes "Sounds nice but have you tried this against early marauders?". This is what I mean by being rude and disrespectful.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Daniel C
Profile Joined October 2010
Hong Kong1606 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-19 09:18:47
July 19 2011 09:18 GMT
#205
Zatic, sorry if this has been asked before, what about this (exaggerated) situation:


Person A: I got 6 pooled, watch my replay and help me.

Person B: I'm just in bronze league, but I watched your replay and I suggest that you relocate your nexus. Make a new base, you'll be ahead.

Person C: I'm top 10 GM and person B is wrong. Scout and wall off <--------------- did not watch replay.


Would there be exceptions for that or would C get banned?
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
July 19 2011 09:21 GMT
#206
We never execute rules just for rules sake. This is still a case by case basis, so I would have to look at the actual thread (and replay).
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
dowz
Profile Joined January 2011
20 Posts
July 20 2011 12:07 GMT
#207
I'm on my way home from work but i'd like to say that i agree that watching replays is important. In fact i like the general advice that zatic post earlier.

Wacky idea but maybe for every [H] thread the forum could auto post a whole bunch of generic advice like 'macro better' 'make SCVs non stop' 'don't get supply cap'. Might even stop those people who wanted to post general advice because whatever they want and have to say has been said already.
Flix
Profile Joined June 2011
Belgium114 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-20 12:41:22
July 20 2011 12:40 GMT
#208
On July 19 2011 07:54 Hairy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 07:31 ensign_lee wrote:
While I understand the rationale behind this (and other recent "do not do this" rules), are y'all not concerned that you're providing extreme disincentives to post *at all*?

It's not as though we're all forced to provide advice, or to post on teamliquid, or to visit teamliquid. And all these events are related. If I posted here at TL less, I would probably visit less, which I think would ultimately hurt the site with less traffic. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't TL want as much traffic here on the site as possible? That's how you earn revenue with ads, etc. right?

I mean, I'll obviously follow this rule, but admins / mods / owners - really *think* about the repercussions of your actions. Most forums would kill to have lots of chatter (posts, traffic), and you're actively discouraging it. Be careful.

The incentive to post, and the incentive to "jump through hoops" to reach the required standards, is through the appeal of being part of the best SC2 community there is.

After just a glance at the battlenet forums it's easy to see that the place is a cess pit, and it's a craphole simply because there are no requirements or restrictions to post. TL is the best BECAUSE it sets the minimum quality bar extremely high, not in spite of it.


I couldn't agree more. The incentive to get more readers and traffic by way of quality over quantity (hence the rules) will keep me coming to read more and at the same time will force me to really think about my posts before i post (something i'm working on) which in turn helps me become a better player by thinking more. Perhaps traffic and revevue will be temporarily greater if it allowed all sorts of garbage but then the quality would suffer. Not everyone builds a site like this only to make money, they actually want to contribute to creating a very solid Starcraft2 community. IMO TL is definitely helping out SC2 and E-Sports make their place by doing it this way.
The drone became an extractor !
Hatredeu
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom2 Posts
August 18 2011 19:51 GMT
#209
I have learnt NOT to post from work again early this morning, after starting a topic about my play. I should have gone deeper into the forums, and maybe read about more about rules etc. I have a lot of respect for TL, so I give me sincere apologies. Won't happen again!
Zerg player...
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
March 01 2012 16:23 GMT
#210
Looks like it's time to bump this.

This forum has gotten really bad again recently. Please everyone, let's put more effort into making this a place where more people actually receive help and less people spam threads full of largely useless posts.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
pure_protoss
Profile Joined April 2011
152 Posts
March 01 2012 16:32 GMT
#211
Isnt it illegal on this forum to simply bump your own post?
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
March 01 2012 16:36 GMT
#212
On March 02 2012 01:32 pure_protoss wrote:
Isnt it illegal on this forum to simply bump your own post?


Yeah I think Zatic is going to ban himself more than likely
Wat
The_Unseen
Profile Joined March 2011
France1923 Posts
March 01 2012 16:48 GMT
#213
On March 02 2012 01:32 pure_protoss wrote:
Isnt it illegal on this forum to simply bump your own post?


I'd guess it's possible to make exceptions if you actually own a brain
I got five reasons for you to shut up
grtgrt1
Profile Joined February 2011
76 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-01 17:02:26
March 01 2012 16:59 GMT
#214
Hey, I'm at work, but right now, I really think this thread serves no purpose whatsoever.

Note, to explain before I get cruelly dismantled: Firstly, I see noone that actually posts "the such" heeding it, and secondly all I see is a thread that doesn't belong in the strategy section in the strategy section. Being bumped, even, the spam.
Wortie
Profile Joined September 2011
Netherlands212 Posts
March 01 2012 17:15 GMT
#215
On March 02 2012 01:59 grtgrt1 wrote:
Hey, I'm at work, but right now, I really think this thread serves no purpose whatsoever.

Note, to explain before I get cruelly dismantled: Firstly, I see noone that actually posts "the such" heeding it, and secondly all I see is a thread that doesn't belong in the strategy section in the strategy section. Being bumped, even, the spam.



I think it does, every time I see those posts, I just want to link this thread to them. I'ts really annoying when people don't try to give proper advice.

In case of sarcasm: l2sarcsasm.
reneg
Profile Joined September 2010
United States859 Posts
March 01 2012 17:17 GMT
#216
On March 02 2012 01:59 grtgrt1 wrote:
Hey, I'm at work, but right now, I really think this thread serves no purpose whatsoever.

Note, to explain before I get cruelly dismantled: Firstly, I see noone that actually posts "the such" heeding it, and secondly all I see is a thread that doesn't belong in the strategy section in the strategy section. Being bumped, even, the spam.


Personally, I just view it as a banner across the top reminding everyone of the rules. And in each thread, you will see a decent amount of people who are just tossing out random advice without looking at the situation (Macro better, well, zealots are good against lings, make more roaches)

Without bothering to look at the context in the replay.

I feel like it's always good to have a refresher every now and then to remind everyone of the general rules of the forum, in order to keep it from spiraling down to a place no one wants to go to
moose...indian
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
March 01 2012 17:20 GMT
#217
On March 02 2012 02:17 reneg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2012 01:59 grtgrt1 wrote:
Hey, I'm at work, but right now, I really think this thread serves no purpose whatsoever.

Note, to explain before I get cruelly dismantled: Firstly, I see noone that actually posts "the such" heeding it, and secondly all I see is a thread that doesn't belong in the strategy section in the strategy section. Being bumped, even, the spam.


Personally, I just view it as a banner across the top reminding everyone of the rules. And in each thread, you will see a decent amount of people who are just tossing out random advice without looking at the situation (Macro better, well, zealots are good against lings, make more roaches)

Without bothering to look at the context in the replay.

I feel like it's always good to have a refresher every now and then to remind everyone of the general rules of the forum, in order to keep it from spiraling down to a place no one wants to go to


Agreed. I think its important to keep TL what it is.

Question for anyone who is newer to TL:

How do you know about TL? Why TL why not reddit/sc? Why not some other community forum? Why are you posting strat questions here?

And that will answer exactly why the rules at TL are so important. I came here to seek refuge from StarCraftArena (I wonder how many people remember that website?) and I have never looked back since, hell just look at my post count I basically live on TL.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Joedaddy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1948 Posts
March 01 2012 18:15 GMT
#218
While we are on the subject of how bad the strategy forum has been recently....

Is anyone else getting tired of seeing the "Help me get out of bronze" threads? This is one example. There have been several threads in the past addressing the "get out of bronze" question and subsequent threads seem redundant.

Also, going back to the strategy forum purge thread by Saracen:


If I watch your replay and there are obvious flaws (macro, micro, etc.) in your game that contribute to your loss, you will be BANNED (Hint: read the Analyzing Replays thread and the How to Improve thread). Why? Because if you care enough about your gameplay to clutter up the Strategy Forum with another [H] thread, then you care enough to spend time by yourself to actually improve.


That pretty much covers most of the Bronze/Silver/Gold "get out of bronze" style threads.

##votes to ban future "help me get out of bronze" threads.
I might be the minority on TL, but TL is the minority everywhere else.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-01 18:29:11
March 01 2012 18:28 GMT
#219
I'm glad this thread was bumped. Just in the past day two dudes came through and made [H] threads that had such egregious responses they really stood out to me. The offending replies were warned but it's just annoying when this happens.

One was an [H][L] thread about TvZ, in which the guy asked about fighting ling/bane/muta. He vaguely described getting "swarmed" and being unable to drop. The first response says he's on the phone and to use "bio tank" and "fight off creep". The secon response says "play somre more sc2"... It isn't until a few responses down that someone views the replay and realizes the guy is floating a thousand gas 10 minutes in and has 20 workers to zerg's 60. After a couple responses like this the OP was like "ok thanks for the help I will work on my worker macro" but imagine how badly he could have been misled by all these guys who didn't view the replay.

The other was a TvP [H] Thread about microing in the late game. The guy said he was ahead, up on macro, but lost a big fight. Viewing the replay, I realized it was because he overmade vikings, and he engaged in a choke against a gateway-colossus army. The first response: "on phone, can't watch replay... put ghosts in seperate control group"... and the second response was a link to a YouTube video and the advice to have 12 ghosts in the army, when the clear problem was like overproduction of vikings and bad choke engagement. There were no templars or archons.

The issue is that the advice people give when they don't watch the replay is so unimaginably bad it often would actually make the OP worse if he implemented, or if it is good advice, it's often completely irrelevant to the OP, and doesn't solve the underlying problems. When people make [H] Threads, posting a replay is required, so when you respond, you should view that replay. All this "not watching the replay" is the equivalent of like trying to help a guy with his hurdling form, but instead of watching him hurdle, you just sort of spew out some advice at him. ._.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
BinxyBrown
Profile Joined December 2010
United States230 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-01 18:59:04
March 01 2012 18:58 GMT
#220
Seriously guys it takes 2 minutes to watch a vid on x8 to get a general idea of what is wrong, hell even if you just notice his worker count at the 10 minute mark you can just tell them they are missing too many workers and to focus on that first and maybe give them a rough building count to support their income with the general mix they were already going for poorly.
Banelings are like Ice Climbers if they grab you... your dead.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 839
WardiTV286
OGKoka 72
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 11867
StarCastTV_EN327
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko332
OGKoka 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13981
Bisu 5158
FanTaSy 3897
Jaedong 1469
Shuttle 1068
BeSt 1016
actioN 702
EffOrt 597
Horang2 514
Larva 301
[ Show more ]
Leta 294
Zeus 240
Dewaltoss 121
Barracks 114
Mind 99
Sexy 86
JYJ 78
scan(afreeca) 73
Mong 72
sorry 67
ToSsGirL 57
Shinee 44
sSak 42
Killer 41
Aegong 30
Free 30
Bale 29
soO 24
HiyA 14
Sacsri 11
yabsab 8
Dota 2
XaKoH 353
Dendi283
Counter-Strike
x6flipin209
Other Games
singsing2246
olofmeister1315
B2W.Neo346
crisheroes303
Pyrionflax219
dupreeh124
Livibee112
KnowMe83
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick623
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1281
Other Games
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 35m
Replay Cast
11h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 35m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 35m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.