• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:13
CEST 04:13
KST 11:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9625 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 171

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 169 170 171 172 173 900 Next
Kambing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1176 Posts
May 29 2011 23:47 GMT
#3401
On May 30 2011 08:14 imnotkorean1 wrote:
How many scvs and mules should i have at each base? Should I save mules for high yield if i can?


Search the thread. The most recent post on the topic wrt scvs:

On May 29 2011 07:11 Dariusz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2011 04:11 Bertyo wrote:
How many probes do I want on minerals to be fully saturated? I've read a few different numbers and would like to know for sure.


2 per mineral patch is optimal, 3 is maximum.

1 probe on mineral patch 100% eficiency
2 probes ~200%
3 probes ~250-270% depends on how far the mineral patch is.

so you want 16 probes on minerals and 6 on gas in all bases first then you can get up to 24 probes on each mineral line (asuming there are 8 mineral patches). Ofc you can make more if you know you will expand and transfer them.


As a caveat, you want to usually aim for ~70 scvs as a hard cap. This is roughly 3 saturated bases; any more is overkill since you will be at the food cap at that point.

As far as mules goes, "it depends". Typically you want to use mules as soon as possible (modulo saving for scans) since any unused mule represents banked cash and banked cash is evil. However, if you know you are about to take a gold base soon, it can be wise to withhold mules to burn them at the gold.
Rosaria
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden23 Posts
May 30 2011 00:19 GMT
#3402
On May 30 2011 08:14 imnotkorean1 wrote:
How many scvs and mules should i have at each base? Should I save mules for high yield if i can?



Mules on high-yield is extremely efficent but as someone said before, use MULEs constantly until you can use them on gold.

MULEs on gold = extreme income but don't forget you'll be mined out quickly.
dynwar7
Profile Joined May 2011
1983 Posts
May 30 2011 01:15 GMT
#3403
Before I get killed, just asking, is it allowed to ask for replays here? Because The link I posted
before isnt working anymore...
Regarding the imbalance, hilarious to see Zergs defending themselves....
Kambing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1176 Posts
May 30 2011 01:28 GMT
#3404
On May 30 2011 10:15 DontLoseSightOfIt wrote:
Before I get killed, just asking, is it allowed to ask for replays here? Because The link I posted
before isnt working anymore...


If it is specific and thus simply answered, yes (e.g., replays of a specific series from a specific tournament). For more general inquiries consider a help post after reading the strategy forum guidelines.

Before all of this, make sure you do the leg work on your own by searching the forums and/or replay sites before you ask.
JoeyJungle
Profile Joined May 2011
1 Post
May 30 2011 01:38 GMT
#3405
Sorry if this has already been asked, but as a toss what should I keep in mind when playing PvZ?

That's by far my weakest matchup, probably because I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be doing. Should I force the Zerg to play reactionary? If I do, how do I keep from being stomped by their reactions? How do I make sure they don't get too many drones, or that they don't get way too many units, or stockpile enough min/gas to mass mutas? What's the best way to harass as toss?

Thanks so much, this is my first post on TL so I'm glad to pop my cherry after lurking for so long.
Kyuueseishu
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada15 Posts
May 30 2011 02:02 GMT
#3406
What are the two units Z need to use on T when there going mech (Thors Hellions,tanks) before you can tech to BLs?.
Decide if its impressive or not... after your dead!
Kambing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1176 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-30 03:09:12
May 30 2011 02:21 GMT
#3407
On May 30 2011 10:38 JoeyJungle wrote:
Sorry if this has already been asked, but as a toss what should I keep in mind when playing PvZ?

That's by far my weakest matchup, probably because I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be doing. Should I force the Zerg to play reactionary? If I do, how do I keep from being stomped by their reactions? How do I make sure they don't get too many drones, or that they don't get way too many units, or stockpile enough min/gas to mass mutas? What's the best way to harass as toss?

Thanks so much, this is my first post on TL so I'm glad to pop my cherry after lurking for so long.


Besides overt harassing with air play or DTs, the key is poking with your army without gifting it away (i.e., sharking). You can learn more about this in iamke's standard pvz guide:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=194376

On May 30 2011 11:02 Kyuueseishu wrote:
What are the two units Z need to use on T when there going mech (Thors Hellions,tanks) before you can tech to BLs?.


"It depends" on the mix of units in their mech composition. Your typical go-to response will involve pumping roaches supported by infestors since bfhs will roast lings.
badDogma
Profile Joined August 2010
United States106 Posts
May 30 2011 03:02 GMT
#3408
So I'm wrapping up a 10 day break from SC2. How much of a beatdown can I expect when I get back to playing? 20 game losing streak?

Any tips for getting back into the groove after a short break?
A genius cannot defeat someone who works hard. Someone who works hard cannot defeat someone who enjoys their work. -- Rain
Rasky
Profile Joined July 2010
United States406 Posts
May 30 2011 03:04 GMT
#3409
Protoss player here how do I blink all my stalkers if I have my entire army on one hotkey i.e zealots, collosus, sentry, stalkers? Thank you.
ntvarify
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States331 Posts
May 30 2011 03:07 GMT
#3410
On May 30 2011 12:04 Rasky wrote:
Protoss player here how do I blink all my stalkers if I have my entire army on one hotkey i.e zealots, collosus, sentry, stalkers? Thank you.

Well the easiest way would be to just put them on a second hotkey . . .
However if you want them on one you would have to use the tab key to cycle throughte the groups, then blink your stalkers.
svefnleysi
Profile Joined March 2011
Iceland623 Posts
May 30 2011 04:15 GMT
#3411
On May 30 2011 12:02 badDogma wrote:
So I'm wrapping up a 10 day break from SC2. How much of a beatdown can I expect when I get back to playing? 20 game losing streak?

Any tips for getting back into the groove after a short break?

Less posting questions no one can answer for you on forums and more playing.
Kamuy
Profile Joined November 2010
United States212 Posts
May 30 2011 04:34 GMT
#3412
Hey simple question here looking for a simple answer. Its not really in game related as much as battle.net. When season 1 ended I had taken a short break. Ive done some research and there were suppose to be rewards given out to top ladder finishers (I finished 2nd in division, Plat 1v1). Were there any portraits or Feats of Strength given to top ladder performers, and if so were they determined by league? (Meaning do only winners of plat or below, or top 10 diamond, top 25 masters etc receive rewards?)
HuK | MC | Naniwa | White-Ra | KiWiKaKi | I love protoss :D
jdc214
Profile Joined May 2010
United States122 Posts
May 30 2011 04:38 GMT
#3413
Does anyone have any simple or solid methods to help them determine whether or not an opponent is going for an all-in (playing as terran)? It seems hard to determine because, playing ladder, it could happen at any time, and it seems hard to figure out if they are going all-in or not without using every scan (armies are usually just outside their base to deny any scouting).
Steam: IceNine - Check out my twitch https://www.twitch.tv/iceninedota/
Kambing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1176 Posts
May 30 2011 04:52 GMT
#3414
On May 30 2011 13:34 Kamuy wrote:
Hey simple question here looking for a simple answer. Its not really in game related as much as battle.net. When season 1 ended I had taken a short break. Ive done some research and there were suppose to be rewards given out to top ladder finishers (I finished 2nd in division, Plat 1v1). Were there any portraits or Feats of Strength given to top ladder performers, and if so were they determined by league? (Meaning do only winners of plat or below, or top 10 diamond, top 25 masters etc receive rewards?)


No, there were no portraits or achievements given for league ranking at the end of the season. The reward you received was the special icon (e.g., the star'ed emblem you see for placing in the top 8 of your division) that you can view when you inspect someone's "last season" statistics.
reapsen
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany559 Posts
May 30 2011 05:19 GMT
#3415
As Zerg: When you want to do the over 200 Supply "trick", why do most people (including pro's) use spinecrawler(+cancel)? Wouldn't Evo Chambers be better, because cheaper and therefore less mineral loss?
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
May 30 2011 05:55 GMT
#3416
What is a good and relatively standard timing for putting down your Ghost Academy in TvP?

Also, is there a secret to fighting against Zealots with a standard Marauder-heavy Bio army?
Hello
dynwar7
Profile Joined May 2011
1983 Posts
May 30 2011 07:06 GMT
#3417
On May 30 2011 10:28 Kambing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2011 10:15 DontLoseSightOfIt wrote:
Before I get killed, just asking, is it allowed to ask for replays here? Because The link I posted
before isnt working anymore...


If it is specific and thus simply answered, yes (e.g., replays of a specific series from a specific tournament). For more general inquiries consider a help post after reading the strategy forum guidelines.

Before all of this, make sure you do the leg work on your own by searching the forums and/or replay sites before you ask.


Thank you Kambing

Well, yes I have searched a lot. I even found a topic that has a blog inside it, so happy I found it. But then....its the same. Like I said it was too old version tehrefore did not work

Or, it doesnt have to be avilos replay. Any decent ghost mech I am so happy with.
Regarding the imbalance, hilarious to see Zergs defending themselves....
closey
Profile Joined October 2010
Hong Kong272 Posts
May 30 2011 07:46 GMT
#3418
On May 30 2011 14:19 reapsen wrote:
As Zerg: When you want to do the over 200 Supply "trick", why do most people (including pro's) use spinecrawler(+cancel)? Wouldn't Evo Chambers be better, because cheaper and therefore less mineral loss?


The only time you want to do the over 200 supply trick is when you're flooding with money and can't use them up. And cancel only make you loose 30% so that's 30 minerals lost for spines instead of 23 minerals lost. That 7 mineral difference is really not important.

Now on the positive side...spinecrawlers are very small and you can just select a bunch of drones, WC, hold shift, and spam click to place those crawlers very small without thinking about placement(because you're canceling them)
Rock, Paper, Scissors
ScrubS
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands436 Posts
May 30 2011 09:46 GMT
#3419
I got a simple question, if you're ahead in TvZ econ wise, should you keep engaging the zerg or would it be better to macro a bit up and then move out while allowing the zerg to come back?
Dariusz
Profile Joined May 2011
Poland657 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-30 09:56:41
May 30 2011 09:55 GMT
#3420
On May 30 2011 18:46 ScrubS wrote:
I got a simple question, if you're ahead in TvZ econ wise, should you keep engaging the zerg or would it be better to macro a bit up and then move out while allowing the zerg to come back?


If you are ahead in economy, trading armies is better for you, and in addition you will keep zerg from drone pumping.
Prev 1 169 170 171 172 173 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings94
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 262
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10719
Dota 2
monkeys_forever959
NeuroSwarm170
febbydoto44
League of Legends
Doublelift6016
JimRising 669
Counter-Strike
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox855
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g8594
Maynarde218
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick392
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 200
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo286
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 47m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 47m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.