• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:23
CEST 22:23
KST 05:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9080 users

[G]TvZ Marine/Raven - Page 34

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 41 Next All
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
January 25 2011 18:13 GMT
#661
I am glad you are enjoying it
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
underdawg
Profile Joined January 2011
United States399 Posts
January 25 2011 20:15 GMT
#662
tried this for the first time last night. omg the BANELINGS!

i'm silver lol

btw is there any stuff on youtube or something highlighting this stuff? i'm n00b and would like some commentary as i watch the replays haha
Warcloud
Profile Joined May 2010
United States97 Posts
January 25 2011 23:16 GMT
#663
I still have yet to see proof of this working against a decent player.
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-25 23:19:55
January 25 2011 23:19 GMT
#664
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=182953
^-- LzGamer developed his own version and laddered with it recently.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Ironsights
Profile Joined January 2011
United States196 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-30 10:49:17
January 30 2011 10:39 GMT
#665
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/132380-1v1-terran-zerg-scrap-station

That replay is really long, so watch it at your own risk. I am posting it to say thank you to Antisocialmunky, whose thread (this one) got me started on the idea of mass ravens. I'm no where near good enough to have mastered this, but this time it worked out swell.

Brief game synopsis: Scrap Station 1-1-2 for fast banshees does ok but doesnt win it. Game goes back and forth until my wall gets broken. I save all production buildings and tower up at the island expo. Agressive use of ravens and vikings allow me to bleed the zerg dry of gas and thus win the game. Mass ravens make this possible.

tl;dr : Thanks for the great build idea, here is perhaps my favorite game using it thus far!

edited for spelling.
Pain, like any other emotion, can be turned off. // If there can be no victory, then I shall fight forever.
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-30 14:20:29
January 30 2011 13:04 GMT
#666
I just played a game today...never had so much fun and never felt so aggressive against Zerg....I don't even have 20 wins with Terran atm so I'm really really bad, but my opponent wasn't pro either...Anyway.. I still miss the 3rd base timing attack so in this game I denied his 4th and 5th constantly with mass raven and auto turrets...his mutas were no problem..with PDD and seeker missile they were toast.

Once he lost the air control..I just traded Marines to his Banelings while I denied his 4th and 5th...it felt sooo good...At a point I blew up like 20 mutas with a HSM to like 5% health.....once he lost his Muta force I kept denying him and then trading marines.....I had like 5 bases and 8k minerals 3k gas (because I'm bad still haha) but this was just FUN to play.

Edit: At a point I was 30 food behind, and then I blew up 50 food worth of Ling/muta/bling with two HSM. It was sooo fun.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
nalgene
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada2153 Posts
January 30 2011 13:26 GMT
#667
If possible, can you list the replays in the OP as "pre-master league patch" or "post-master league patch" ( would be kind of good... to some extent )
Year 2500 Greater Israel ( Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Gaza Strip, West Bank, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen )
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-30 20:05:34
January 30 2011 20:03 GMT
#668
When I have some time. I kinda want to re-vamp this and also get it in liquipedia.

I don't really have anything - post masters but the ratings are circa November 2011 so like 2K+ was really good and 1.5K+ was like decent.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
January 30 2011 20:26 GMT
#669
Antisocialmunky, I'm having a hard time punishing Zerg's third. Usually when I move out with a lot of rines and a raven, they have a ton of ling bling and my force dies without doing anything. It feels like the push is too early, I don't have any units, or my opponents are playing bad and making too many units. Should I delay the push? The game I played today I didn't really push until 3-4 ravens at least, and harrassed his 4th and 5th constnatly with mass raven, turrets and seeker missile. He had to stay on three base for whole game while I got my 4th and 5th secured with planetary fortresses and turrets. Is this the correct way, or am I doing something wrong with moving out to his third.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
January 30 2011 21:51 GMT
#670
On January 31 2011 05:26 Bleak wrote:
Antisocialmunky, I'm having a hard time punishing Zerg's third. Usually when I move out with a lot of rines and a raven, they have a ton of ling bling and my force dies without doing anything. It feels like the push is too early, I don't have any units, or my opponents are playing bad and making too many units. Should I delay the push? The game I played today I didn't really push until 3-4 ravens at least, and harrassed his 4th and 5th constnatly with mass raven, turrets and seeker missile. He had to stay on three base for whole game while I got my 4th and 5th secured with planetary fortresses and turrets. Is this the correct way, or am I doing something wrong with moving out to his third.


Do you have replays? It is hard to tell from limited information though it is my experience that lower level zergs do tend to make more units earlier rather than after they've secured an economic advantage later to crank units. I suppose if you can at some point get into a position where you can out expand zerg and deny their extra base, you're doing it right.

Like I said, it would be useful to have the replay to do more analysis. Also, you might want to check your macro out.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-30 22:23:04
January 30 2011 22:22 GMT
#671
On January 31 2011 06:51 Antisocialmunky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2011 05:26 Bleak wrote:
Antisocialmunky, I'm having a hard time punishing Zerg's third. Usually when I move out with a lot of rines and a raven, they have a ton of ling bling and my force dies without doing anything. It feels like the push is too early, I don't have any units, or my opponents are playing bad and making too many units. Should I delay the push? The game I played today I didn't really push until 3-4 ravens at least, and harrassed his 4th and 5th constnatly with mass raven, turrets and seeker missile. He had to stay on three base for whole game while I got my 4th and 5th secured with planetary fortresses and turrets. Is this the correct way, or am I doing something wrong with moving out to his third.


Do you have replays? It is hard to tell from limited information though it is my experience that lower level zergs do tend to make more units earlier rather than after they've secured an economic advantage later to crank units. I suppose if you can at some point get into a position where you can out expand zerg and deny their extra base, you're doing it right.

Like I said, it would be useful to have the replay to do more analysis. Also, you might want to check your macro out.


Here is the replay:

[url blocked]

Keep in mind that I'm a really really new Terran, I don't have 25wins yet and I lose a ton of games left and right, forget depots, macro slips so and so on, just warning you ^^

Thanks for help ^^
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
January 30 2011 22:27 GMT
#672
On January 31 2011 07:22 Bleak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2011 06:51 Antisocialmunky wrote:
On January 31 2011 05:26 Bleak wrote:
Antisocialmunky, I'm having a hard time punishing Zerg's third. Usually when I move out with a lot of rines and a raven, they have a ton of ling bling and my force dies without doing anything. It feels like the push is too early, I don't have any units, or my opponents are playing bad and making too many units. Should I delay the push? The game I played today I didn't really push until 3-4 ravens at least, and harrassed his 4th and 5th constnatly with mass raven, turrets and seeker missile. He had to stay on three base for whole game while I got my 4th and 5th secured with planetary fortresses and turrets. Is this the correct way, or am I doing something wrong with moving out to his third.


Do you have replays? It is hard to tell from limited information though it is my experience that lower level zergs do tend to make more units earlier rather than after they've secured an economic advantage later to crank units. I suppose if you can at some point get into a position where you can out expand zerg and deny their extra base, you're doing it right.

Like I said, it would be useful to have the replay to do more analysis. Also, you might want to check your macro out.


Here is the replay:

[url blocked]

Keep in mind that I'm a really really new Terran, I don't have 25wins yet and I lose a ton of games left and right, forget depots, macro slips so and so on, just warning you ^^

Thanks for help ^^


If that's your situation then that's probably the problem. You just need to work on your mechanics and focus on never letting your macro slip. You should focus on that first, otherwise your timings and unit counts will be really off for any strategy. You can look on Day[9]'s blip.tv archive for some tips such as:

[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
January 30 2011 22:35 GMT
#673
On January 31 2011 07:27 Antisocialmunky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2011 07:22 Bleak wrote:
On January 31 2011 06:51 Antisocialmunky wrote:
On January 31 2011 05:26 Bleak wrote:
Antisocialmunky, I'm having a hard time punishing Zerg's third. Usually when I move out with a lot of rines and a raven, they have a ton of ling bling and my force dies without doing anything. It feels like the push is too early, I don't have any units, or my opponents are playing bad and making too many units. Should I delay the push? The game I played today I didn't really push until 3-4 ravens at least, and harrassed his 4th and 5th constnatly with mass raven, turrets and seeker missile. He had to stay on three base for whole game while I got my 4th and 5th secured with planetary fortresses and turrets. Is this the correct way, or am I doing something wrong with moving out to his third.


Do you have replays? It is hard to tell from limited information though it is my experience that lower level zergs do tend to make more units earlier rather than after they've secured an economic advantage later to crank units. I suppose if you can at some point get into a position where you can out expand zerg and deny their extra base, you're doing it right.

Like I said, it would be useful to have the replay to do more analysis. Also, you might want to check your macro out.


Here is the replay:

[url blocked]

Keep in mind that I'm a really really new Terran, I don't have 25wins yet and I lose a ton of games left and right, forget depots, macro slips so and so on, just warning you ^^

Thanks for help ^^


If that's your situation then that's probably the problem. You just need to work on your mechanics and focus on never letting your macro slip. You should focus on that first, otherwise your timings and unit counts will be really off for any strategy. You can look on Day[9]'s blip.tv archive for some tips such as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epMo2fLDU1Q


Thanks for the tip. I've been following day9 the day before I got the game, I watched his daily on mental checklists. The biggest problem is I don't have enough practice with Terran yet. I'm getting better tho, with each game my mechanics get better. Although they still suck

So let me ask the question in a different way, when should my first 1 raven+30marine attack hit idealy, when it is perfectly executed with no supply blocks and with the best case scenario? Should I commit when I see a ton of units, or just expand, get upgrades and macro hard, while harrassing with raven.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
January 30 2011 22:36 GMT
#674
The worst part about this build is keeping the ravens alive. The idea is great, but if you don't win every battle, your raven ball will die because they are so damn slow. The timing is also very difficult to hit if the distance is huge. I used to use it quite often on LT, but this build does not work on the larger GSL maps.
im deaf
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
January 30 2011 22:40 GMT
#675
On January 31 2011 07:36 imBLIND wrote:
The worst part about this build is keeping the ravens alive. The idea is great, but if you don't win every battle, your raven ball will die because they are so damn slow. The timing is also very difficult to hit if the distance is huge. I used to use it quite often on LT, but this build does not work on the larger GSL maps.



We'll personally don;t have an issue with this. Drop some HSM and the enemy has to run, then you move toward the other direction their going.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
January 30 2011 22:45 GMT
#676
On January 31 2011 07:40 GinDo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2011 07:36 imBLIND wrote:
The worst part about this build is keeping the ravens alive. The idea is great, but if you don't win every battle, your raven ball will die because they are so damn slow. The timing is also very difficult to hit if the distance is huge. I used to use it quite often on LT, but this build does not work on the larger GSL maps.



We'll personally don;t have an issue with this. Drop some HSM and the enemy has to run, then you move toward the other direction their going.


Mutas actually are no problem. With enough ravens, PDDs defend you enough to get out. Hydras are slow, so you can probably run away with 1-2 PDDs aswell. The only problem would be corrupters, but they do nothing by themselves and marines should shred them. A lot of corrupters would mean less units on ground, which is awesome nevertheless for you.

Biggest issue to this build is actually infestors. Fungal Growth, and you cannot run out. If you have energy just seeker the hell out of it, at that replay above, I was down 30 Food and killed like 40-50 Food with 2 Seeker missiles. It was so damn fun.

This build is really fun to play, no matter how successful it can be.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Volcker
Profile Joined January 2011
France92 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-30 23:24:59
January 30 2011 23:24 GMT
#677
On January 30 2011 19:39 Ironsights wrote:
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/132380-1v1-terran-zerg-scrap-station

That replay is really long, so watch it at your own risk. I am posting it to say thank you to Antisocialmunky, whose thread (this one) got me started on the idea of mass ravens. I'm no where near good enough to have mastered this, but this time it worked out swell.

Brief game synopsis: Scrap Station 1-1-2 for fast banshees does ok but doesnt win it. Game goes back and forth until my wall gets broken. I save all production buildings and tower up at the island expo. Agressive use of ravens and vikings allow me to bleed the zerg dry of gas and thus win the game. Mass ravens make this possible.

tl;dr : Thanks for the great build idea, here is perhaps my favorite game using it thus far!

edited for spelling.

Great game : you won even though he often had 100 more food than you
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
January 30 2011 23:52 GMT
#678
On January 31 2011 07:35 Bleak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2011 07:27 Antisocialmunky wrote:
On January 31 2011 07:22 Bleak wrote:
On January 31 2011 06:51 Antisocialmunky wrote:
On January 31 2011 05:26 Bleak wrote:
Antisocialmunky, I'm having a hard time punishing Zerg's third. Usually when I move out with a lot of rines and a raven, they have a ton of ling bling and my force dies without doing anything. It feels like the push is too early, I don't have any units, or my opponents are playing bad and making too many units. Should I delay the push? The game I played today I didn't really push until 3-4 ravens at least, and harrassed his 4th and 5th constnatly with mass raven, turrets and seeker missile. He had to stay on three base for whole game while I got my 4th and 5th secured with planetary fortresses and turrets. Is this the correct way, or am I doing something wrong with moving out to his third.


Do you have replays? It is hard to tell from limited information though it is my experience that lower level zergs do tend to make more units earlier rather than after they've secured an economic advantage later to crank units. I suppose if you can at some point get into a position where you can out expand zerg and deny their extra base, you're doing it right.

Like I said, it would be useful to have the replay to do more analysis. Also, you might want to check your macro out.


Here is the replay:

[url blocked]

Keep in mind that I'm a really really new Terran, I don't have 25wins yet and I lose a ton of games left and right, forget depots, macro slips so and so on, just warning you ^^

Thanks for help ^^


If that's your situation then that's probably the problem. You just need to work on your mechanics and focus on never letting your macro slip. You should focus on that first, otherwise your timings and unit counts will be really off for any strategy. You can look on Day[9]'s blip.tv archive for some tips such as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epMo2fLDU1Q


Thanks for the tip. I've been following day9 the day before I got the game, I watched his daily on mental checklists. The biggest problem is I don't have enough practice with Terran yet. I'm getting better tho, with each game my mechanics get better. Although they still suck

So let me ask the question in a different way, when should my first 1 raven+30marine attack hit idealy, when it is perfectly executed with no supply blocks and with the best case scenario? Should I commit when I see a ton of units, or just expand, get upgrades and macro hard, while harrassing with raven.


Around the 12 minutes I think. It varies with how much stuff you're building, how fast you are teching, whether or not you are popping tanks out, and if you build both SPs at the same time. So somewhere between 11-13 or condition wise, about when the drones transfer to the third or the third base pops for a greedy zerg.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
friendo
Profile Joined December 2010
46 Posts
January 31 2011 16:37 GMT
#679
I have to say thank you for this thread. It taught me not only how to mass ravens, but how to really know a build order. Before this thread I used BOs like a cookbook recipe. Now I'm thinking about them as a series of strategic goals, and preparation for denying your opponent his goals.
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 00:23:28
February 01 2011 00:10 GMT
#680
On January 31 2011 08:52 Antisocialmunky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2011 07:35 Bleak wrote:
On January 31 2011 07:27 Antisocialmunky wrote:
On January 31 2011 07:22 Bleak wrote:
On January 31 2011 06:51 Antisocialmunky wrote:
On January 31 2011 05:26 Bleak wrote:
Antisocialmunky, I'm having a hard time punishing Zerg's third. Usually when I move out with a lot of rines and a raven, they have a ton of ling bling and my force dies without doing anything. It feels like the push is too early, I don't have any units, or my opponents are playing bad and making too many units. Should I delay the push? The game I played today I didn't really push until 3-4 ravens at least, and harrassed his 4th and 5th constnatly with mass raven, turrets and seeker missile. He had to stay on three base for whole game while I got my 4th and 5th secured with planetary fortresses and turrets. Is this the correct way, or am I doing something wrong with moving out to his third.


Do you have replays? It is hard to tell from limited information though it is my experience that lower level zergs do tend to make more units earlier rather than after they've secured an economic advantage later to crank units. I suppose if you can at some point get into a position where you can out expand zerg and deny their extra base, you're doing it right.

Like I said, it would be useful to have the replay to do more analysis. Also, you might want to check your macro out.


Here is the replay:

[url blocked]

Keep in mind that I'm a really really new Terran, I don't have 25wins yet and I lose a ton of games left and right, forget depots, macro slips so and so on, just warning you ^^

Thanks for help ^^


If that's your situation then that's probably the problem. You just need to work on your mechanics and focus on never letting your macro slip. You should focus on that first, otherwise your timings and unit counts will be really off for any strategy. You can look on Day[9]'s blip.tv archive for some tips such as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epMo2fLDU1Q


Thanks for the tip. I've been following day9 the day before I got the game, I watched his daily on mental checklists. The biggest problem is I don't have enough practice with Terran yet. I'm getting better tho, with each game my mechanics get better. Although they still suck

So let me ask the question in a different way, when should my first 1 raven+30marine attack hit idealy, when it is perfectly executed with no supply blocks and with the best case scenario? Should I commit when I see a ton of units, or just expand, get upgrades and macro hard, while harrassing with raven.


Around the 12 minutes I think. It varies with how much stuff you're building, how fast you are teching, whether or not you are popping tanks out, and if you build both SPs at the same time. So somewhere between 11-13 or condition wise, about when the drones transfer to the third or the third base pops for a greedy zerg.


Thanks for answering.

One great thing with this build is how you are Muta-proofed. With PDD, you lol at Mutas. If hes bad enough to stack them, say goodbye to them with Seeker Missiles. If he comes to harrass, your armor and range upgraded turrets create enough time for you take your mass marine waves out of your raxes to hold it off while you try to seeker missile them (not to kill always but he has to run away, isn't that what you want against Mutas?)

And against bad players, Seeker Missile works wonders. You can seeker missile a bunch of baneling clump, even taking lings together. Infestors are a problem, yes, if you get fungalled and about to lose them, just try to do most damage with seeker missiles if you have the energy and option.

But I'm really confused. So I get my little force ready to march. I scan his front, see a ton of ling/bling, should I go suicide the marines (just because I'm trading gas for minerals), or wait for big stuff like Seeker Missile and more upgrades, go for a third, turtle up (maybe with 1-2 tanks and bunkers?), and try to deny his other expansions with a raven cloud and turrets? Or just try to go and keep pressure on matter what? I feel so fragile with that little force to go and take out a third base. Now, I'm a really new Terran player yes and probably I first need to work on my fundamentals for the Terran, but still the force itself seems little. I'm not saying this as a noob Terran, I'm talking as a Zerg, I've played Zerg for around 350 games in 1v1, and I know I can just take out the marines easily with a good ling/bling force. I just don't see how that force can take out my Hatch from the Zerg player's point of view. It seems pointless to me to march all the way across the map to kill the third when I can see you with creep . 12-13 Minutes sounds good, but Zerg should still have a sufficient baneling/ling force to deal with that. Yes, you're trading gas for minerals, but can you take out the third no matter what?

How should I approach taking out the third? I just love this build so much and want this to be my main strat in the matchup as a new Terran player.


"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 41 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 877
SteadfastSC560
EnkiAlexander 62
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 593
ZombieGrub160
JuggernautJason78
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23121
Soulkey 272
Mini 173
White-Ra 139
Trap 24
ToSsGirL 24
Shine 16
League of Legends
Doublelift1552
Counter-Strike
fl0m1411
shoxiejesuss595
C9.Mang0159
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King89
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2691
Khaldor2400
Liquid`Hasu1902
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1899
B2W.Neo580
shahzam406
Pyrionflax206
summit1g141
UpATreeSC68
Trikslyr58
Dewaltoss50
Railgan22
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 7
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV388
League of Legends
• TFBlade1027
• Noizen187
Other Games
• Scarra1496
• imaqtpie1127
• Shiphtur292
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 37m
OSC
16h 37m
Stellar Fest
16h 37m
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.