• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:16
CEST 20:16
KST 03:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9639 users

MotM ProAm: Selected Maps - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
July 18 2012 13:06 GMT
#21
On July 18 2012 21:57 Aunvilgod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2012 21:53 Ragoo wrote:
On July 18 2012 21:47 Aunvilgod wrote:
Ragoo, iGrok and Namrufus are lazy bastards. :D


Well, it was a hard decision. I had some maps on my list that I could really improve (like TehTemplar maps for example) but then nobody chose Orbitus Brutus and I think it's such a good map and he's such a talented mapmaker that it would be kinda unfair if he couldn't participate.


Will you give him 80% of your money then? haha

No, really, I wrote about this time and time again, the format of this competition is really extremely unlucky.


He can have all the money tbh since it really will be his work 95%+ It's not about the money tho...

Your map was also on my list but I think I would only have changed a bit aesthetics or so... nothing major.
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
July 18 2012 13:23 GMT
#22
On July 18 2012 20:46 ihasaKAROT wrote:
Gz to everyone! Guess I'll never make top5 ever

approximately this T_T
Why no Templar maps?
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
SeinGalton
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
South Africa387 Posts
July 18 2012 13:23 GMT
#23
Aw, did not get picked. No matter, a lot of great maps in there and I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Good luck to all!
They're coming to get you, Barbara.
OxyGenesis
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom281 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-18 13:28:06
July 18 2012 13:26 GMT
#24
On July 18 2012 22:23 SeinGalton wrote:
Aw, did not get picked. No matter, a lot of great maps in there and I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Good luck to all!


I'm very surprised yours wasn't picked, I thought it was great!
Maker of Maps inc. Vector, Uncanny Valley and Fissure | Co-Founder of SC2Melee.net
ScorpSCII
Profile Joined April 2012
Denmark499 Posts
July 18 2012 13:40 GMT
#25
On July 18 2012 22:23 SeinGalton wrote:
Aw, did not get picked. No matter, a lot of great maps in there and I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Good luck to all!


Not getting picked technically means that none of the pros see any flaws.
Mapmaker | Author of Atlas, Rao Mesa & Paralda
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-18 13:49:05
July 18 2012 13:46 GMT
#26
On July 18 2012 22:26 OxyGenesis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2012 22:23 SeinGalton wrote:
Aw, did not get picked. No matter, a lot of great maps in there and I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Good luck to all!


I'm very surprised yours wasn't picked, I thought it was great!


The tournament was pretty stacked. Most of the Pros wanted to do a lot of stuff themselves. Only the 3 Pros I just mentioned really picked some of the highest caliber maps. And judging from the overview of NewSunshines map he even didn´t put too much time into the map.


On July 18 2012 22:06 Ragoo wrote:
Your map was also on my list but I think I would only have changed a bit aesthetics or so... nothing major.


My aesthetics are sacred to me. They are the most fun part of the mapmaking. I don´t think I would have survived someone changing them. That is exactly the reason I didn´t want to participate anymore.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
ArcticRaven
Profile Joined August 2011
France1406 Posts
July 18 2012 13:55 GMT
#27
On July 18 2012 22:46 Aunvilgod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2012 22:06 Ragoo wrote:
Your map was also on my list but I think I would only have changed a bit aesthetics or so... nothing major.


My aesthetics are sacred to me. They are the most fun part of the mapmaking. I don´t think I would have survived someone changing them. That is exactly the reason I didn´t want to participate anymore.


I know what you mean TT. Don't touch mah baby !
[Govie] Wierd shit, on a 6 game AP winning streak with KOTL in the trench. I searched gandalf quotes and spammed them all game long, trenchwarfare247, whateva it takes!
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
July 18 2012 14:19 GMT
#28
Yes, aesthetics are definitely sacred to me also! I know where you are coming from!!
Retired Mapmaker™
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
July 18 2012 14:46 GMT
#29
There are a lot maps that I wanted to pick (erebus and brutus come to mind), but ultimately when i saw cerberus there were a few key changes i wanted to make on a very solid map already. So for me personally, it was that with cerberus plateau, something reached out and grabbed mr immediately where the other maps didnt
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-18 14:58:31
July 18 2012 14:57 GMT
#30
On July 18 2012 20:40 Plexa wrote:
Johanaz - Back to Back - chuky



starleague forever
Sea_Food
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Finland1612 Posts
July 18 2012 15:02 GMT
#31
Back to Back made it???

Lool.


I tought it was impossible, as the map already failed in like, what, 5 previous MotMs?
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
July 18 2012 15:07 GMT
#32
On July 19 2012 00:02 Sea_Food wrote:
Back to Back made it???

Lool.


I tought it was impossible, as the map already failed in like, what, 5 previous MotMs?


Failed? I thought it won an award for whackyness once. Or am I confusing something?
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
ScorpSCII
Profile Joined April 2012
Denmark499 Posts
July 18 2012 15:09 GMT
#33
On July 19 2012 00:02 Sea_Food wrote:
Back to Back made it???

Lool.


I tought it was impossible, as the map already failed in like, what, 5 previous MotMs?


It's about time it gets a makeover then
Mapmaker | Author of Atlas, Rao Mesa & Paralda
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
July 18 2012 15:22 GMT
#34
Hm, darn, I didn't get picked either. D: Maps just too good or maps just too bad?
Twitter: @iamcaustic
SeinGalton
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
South Africa387 Posts
July 18 2012 15:23 GMT
#35
On July 18 2012 22:40 ScorpSCII wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2012 22:23 SeinGalton wrote:
Aw, did not get picked. No matter, a lot of great maps in there and I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Good luck to all!


Not getting picked technically means that none of the pros see any flaws.


Either that or it's unimprovably stupid . I don't think it's that pros don't see flaws, I think it's probably a little unoriginal and bland in its layout. The maps that were picked all look very interesting and/or different from standard fare, which is why I'm excited to see what comes out of this.
They're coming to get you, Barbara.
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-18 15:26:21
July 18 2012 15:25 GMT
#36
Ragoo already spent his $50. He's using dollar bills to wipe his ass because he's so confident he's got it in the bag. :D

In a serious note, it should be very interesting to see some of these before and after shots of these maps. Back to Back need to win it all! Looking at the main ProAm Post the finalized version has to be submitted by july 31st. 2 weeks, go team!
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
OxyGenesis
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom281 Posts
July 18 2012 15:27 GMT
#37
On July 19 2012 00:25 SidianTheBard wrote:
Ragoo already spent his $50. He's using dollar bills to wipe his ass because he's so confident he's got it in the bag. :D

In a serious note, it should be very interesting to see some of these before and after shots of these maps. Back to Back need to win it all! Looking at the main ProAm Post the finalized version has to be submitted by july 31st. 2 weeks, go team!


I think there is a weeks extension as the picks were late.
Maker of Maps inc. Vector, Uncanny Valley and Fissure | Co-Founder of SC2Melee.net
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
July 18 2012 15:28 GMT
#38
On July 19 2012 00:27 OxyGenesis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2012 00:25 SidianTheBard wrote:
Ragoo already spent his $50. He's using dollar bills to wipe his ass because he's so confident he's got it in the bag. :D

In a serious note, it should be very interesting to see some of these before and after shots of these maps. Back to Back need to win it all! Looking at the main ProAm Post the finalized version has to be submitted by july 31st. 2 weeks, go team!


I think there is a weeks extension as the picks were late.


Good idea. If it would be until the 31st I knew some people who better be out of work. Because they just got a new job.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
July 18 2012 15:47 GMT
#39
On July 19 2012 00:27 OxyGenesis wrote:

I think there is a weeks extension as the picks were late.


Quoting the main post.


Being an online community, ProAm tournaments are not exactly straight forward. So how is it all going to work?

Amateur map makers will produce and submit up to three maps by the 13th of July
Invited professional map makers will look over all the submissions and choose a map that they like by the 16th of July. People who are not selected will be informed at this time. Relevant contact information will be exchanged by MotM.
The pros will then work with the amateurs, in pairs, to refine the map and bring it up to tournament standard
The finalised map will be submitted by the 31st of July and judging will take place over the following week
The winning team will receive $50 each, and the runners up will receive $25 each via paypal


Guess they were a day or 2 late, I'd still assume the finalised map would be the 31st, maybe the 1st or 2nd.
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
OxyGenesis
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom281 Posts
July 18 2012 15:55 GMT
#40
On July 19 2012 00:47 SidianTheBard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2012 00:27 OxyGenesis wrote:

I think there is a weeks extension as the picks were late.


Quoting the main post.

Show nested quote +

Being an online community, ProAm tournaments are not exactly straight forward. So how is it all going to work?

Amateur map makers will produce and submit up to three maps by the 13th of July
Invited professional map makers will look over all the submissions and choose a map that they like by the 16th of July. People who are not selected will be informed at this time. Relevant contact information will be exchanged by MotM.
The pros will then work with the amateurs, in pairs, to refine the map and bring it up to tournament standard
The finalised map will be submitted by the 31st of July and judging will take place over the following week
The winning team will receive $50 each, and the runners up will receive $25 each via paypal


Guess they were a day or 2 late, I'd still assume the finalised map would be the 31st, maybe the 1st or 2nd.


Monitor said there would be a weeks extension on skype. That's all I'm going off.
Maker of Maps inc. Vector, Uncanny Valley and Fissure | Co-Founder of SC2Melee.net
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 648
IntoTheiNu 499
SteadfastSC478
Rex80
EnkiAlexander 55
CosmosSc2 54
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 478
UpATreeSC 154
Rex 80
BRAT_OK 58
CosmosSc2 54
PtitDrogo 42
JuggernautJason33
MindelVK 17
Codebar 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35718
Soulkey 296
BeSt 235
Dewaltoss 122
Liquid`Ret 65
Mind 47
Trap 29
Killer 29
ToSsGirL 22
Shine 15
Dota 2
Dendi1059
qojqva847
Counter-Strike
fl0m1120
Fnx 747
shoxiejesuss240
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King94
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2601
Khaldor2021
Liquid`Hasu619
Other Games
Grubby3605
ArmadaUGS1558
ceh9573
B2W.Neo513
byalli464
KnowMe140
C9.Mang0127
QueenE92
Chillindude50
Trikslyr45
Railgan23
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• Adnapsc2 8
• Reevou 4
• intothetv
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• FirePhoenix15
• blackmanpl 10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3371
League of Legends
• TFBlade1150
Other Games
• imaqtpie1002
• Scarra358
• Shiphtur307
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 44m
OSC
18h 44m
Stellar Fest
18h 44m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.