• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:56
CEST 06:56
KST 13:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8209 users

MotM ProAm: Selected Maps - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
SigmaFiE
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States333 Posts
July 18 2012 16:01 GMT
#41
On July 19 2012 00:02 Sea_Food wrote:
Back to Back made it???

Lool.


I tought it was impossible, as the map already failed in like, what, 5 previous MotMs?


In the words of the greatest Bro there ever was and/or will be. Challenge Accepted!

Well, guess this means I don't have to wait to get my computer fixed completely or to start edits. Good stuff. Excited to see the results here. Rooting for NewSunshine and Rkynick!
https://johnemerson.artstation.com/
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
July 18 2012 16:07 GMT
#42
On July 18 2012 22:46 Aunvilgod wrote:
The tournament was pretty stacked. Most of the Pros wanted to do a lot of stuff themselves. Only the 3 Pros I just mentioned really picked some of the highest caliber maps. And judging from the overview of NewSunshines map he even didn´t put too much time into the map.

I don't know where you get this from, but whatever.

Anyway, I'm excited that my entry was chosen! Mr. Grok and I have already started working on some changes, it's looking good so far.

As for those who didn't get picked, don't jump to conclusions. Any of the maps submitted would have been fair game for the pros, really, but being picked or not doesn't mean the map was too good or too bad. I gather it was a tough decision for each of them, so maybe we'll have more events like this in the future.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
U_G_L_Y
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States516 Posts
July 18 2012 17:54 GMT
#43
I like mech because I cannot have more than 150 APM on my best days... More than 50% of these maps are an auto loss because there is no way to secure a third base before 15 minutes TvZ. But since about 50% of my ladder matches are vs , I guess I can't reasonably expect less than 50% of cartographers to be Zerg.

You are all just BEGGING me to veto these maps if they ever make it to ladder or just straight up cheese. ) How is THAT for an "interesting and dynamic map," huh?
ArcticRaven
Profile Joined August 2011
France1406 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-18 17:57:55
July 18 2012 17:56 GMT
#44
On July 19 2012 01:01 SigmaFiE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2012 00:02 Sea_Food wrote:
Back to Back made it???

Lool.


I tought it was impossible, as the map already failed in like, what, 5 previous MotMs?


In the words of the greatest Bro there ever was and/or will be. Challenge Accepted!

Well, guess this means I don't have to wait to get my computer fixed completely or to start edits. Good stuff. Excited to see the results here. Rooting for NewSunshine and Rkynick!


Don't forget Scorp

You are all just BEGGING me to veto these maps if they ever make it to ladder or just straight up cheese. ) How is THAT for an "interesting and dynamic map," huh?


That kinda is the point. The competition is supposed to make them better.
[Govie] Wierd shit, on a 6 game AP winning streak with KOTL in the trench. I searched gandalf quotes and spammed them all game long, trenchwarfare247, whateva it takes!
Syphon8
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada298 Posts
July 18 2012 18:28 GMT
#45
On July 19 2012 02:54 U_G_L_Y wrote:
I like mech because I cannot have more than 150 APM on my best days... More than 50% of these maps are an auto loss because there is no way to secure a third base before 15 minutes TvZ. But since about 50% of my ladder matches are vs , I guess I can't reasonably expect less than 50% of cartographers to be Zerg.

You are all just BEGGING me to veto these maps if they ever make it to ladder or just straight up cheese. ) How is THAT for an "interesting and dynamic map," huh?


Mech is more APM intensive than bio. :/

On top of everything you need to do in Bio, you need depots almost twice as often, more production, and have to constantly siege/unsiege.
',:/
U_G_L_Y
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States516 Posts
July 18 2012 18:35 GMT
#46
Well then, to the authors and to those assisting with improvement, if you want your map to be successful, answer the following:

Can a third base be taken safely with tanks or sentries by 12 minutes against builds that are not all in?
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
July 18 2012 18:38 GMT
#47
Sometimes, mappers want to force certain styles. They can intentionally design a map that is better for Bio than mech.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
July 18 2012 18:42 GMT
#48
I'm sad that I didn't make it. Oh well, at least now I can work on my maps again. Still, it would have been nice to be able to get more noticed. That said, the maps that were chosen are great and I wish good luck to the participants!
ArcticRaven
Profile Joined August 2011
France1406 Posts
July 18 2012 18:56 GMT
#49
Get Aurora Frost picked !
[Govie] Wierd shit, on a 6 game AP winning streak with KOTL in the trench. I searched gandalf quotes and spammed them all game long, trenchwarfare247, whateva it takes!
Sea_Food
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Finland1612 Posts
July 18 2012 19:14 GMT
#50
On July 19 2012 02:54 U_G_L_Y wrote:
I like mech because I cannot have more than 150 APM on my best days... More than 50% of these maps are an auto loss because there is no way to secure a third base before 15 minutes TvZ. But since about 50% of my ladder matches are vs , I guess I can't reasonably expect less than 50% of cartographers to be Zerg.

You are all just BEGGING me to veto these maps if they ever make it to ladder or just straight up cheese. ) How is THAT for an "interesting and dynamic map," huh?


TL mapping community loves them hard thirds.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
July 18 2012 19:18 GMT
#51
On July 19 2012 04:14 Sea_Food wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2012 02:54 U_G_L_Y wrote:
I like mech because I cannot have more than 150 APM on my best days... More than 50% of these maps are an auto loss because there is no way to secure a third base before 15 minutes TvZ. But since about 50% of my ladder matches are vs , I guess I can't reasonably expect less than 50% of cartographers to be Zerg.

You are all just BEGGING me to veto these maps if they ever make it to ladder or just straight up cheese. ) How is THAT for an "interesting and dynamic map," huh?


TL mapping community loves them hard thirds.

Quick, call in the expert!

Use the FlashFTW-signal!
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
July 18 2012 19:26 GMT
#52
On July 19 2012 04:14 Sea_Food wrote:
TL mapping community loves them hard thirds.

I hardly think so.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
July 18 2012 19:38 GMT
#53
On July 19 2012 04:26 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2012 04:14 Sea_Food wrote:
TL mapping community loves them hard thirds.

I hardly think so.


There aren't many options for making easy thirds without going outside the box ^^. And going outside the box means most people don't want to play the map! Its a catch 22.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
TibblesEvilCat
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom766 Posts
July 18 2012 20:09 GMT
#54
i personally found too easily gotten 3rd = zerg boomed to easily xD, gota force em to make units to defend somemoar then just to defend.
Live Fast Die Young :D
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
July 18 2012 20:21 GMT
#55
Generally, I'd say Zerg's difficulty to take a third is more about distance, as in how long it takes to get creep connected. For Protoss, it's more about choke points and ease of force fields, for Terran more about wall offs and tank positions.

Because of this variance, you can adjust the ease of taking a third base for different races and unit compositions and matchups, so there's a lot a mapper can do to fine tune the balance.
all's fair in love and melodies
Timmay
Profile Joined April 2005
United States112 Posts
July 18 2012 20:49 GMT
#56
On July 18 2012 21:23 Plexa wrote:
@kim;we had a 3p and 4p map chosen, and 8 2p maps, its just that 2p maps are significantly easier to create and do interesting things with. Whereas 4p maps have a number of difficulties which restrict innovation.

I don't see any three player map listed in the OP.
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
July 18 2012 21:08 GMT
#57
It's possible the 3p map was chosen by someone and then another map by the same mapper was chosen by someone higher up on the list.
all's fair in love and melodies
RFDaemoniac
Profile Joined September 2011
United States544 Posts
July 18 2012 21:15 GMT
#58
GL everybody

If anyone wants to collaborate on a map I'd be down. I'm yearning for good critical conversation about maps I can edit.
TibblesEvilCat
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom766 Posts
July 18 2012 22:32 GMT
#59
lol im like painful to watch apprentley, clicking everything etc lolz, hows everyone else getting on? i got del all the doodad's :D
Live Fast Die Young :D
U_G_L_Y
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States516 Posts
July 18 2012 22:47 GMT
#60
On July 19 2012 03:28 Syphon8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2012 02:54 U_G_L_Y wrote:
I like mech because I cannot have more than 150 APM on my best days... More than 50% of these maps are an auto loss because there is no way to secure a third base before 15 minutes TvZ. But since about 50% of my ladder matches are vs , I guess I can't reasonably expect less than 50% of cartographers to be Zerg.

You are all just BEGGING me to veto these maps if they ever make it to ladder or just straight up cheese. ) How is THAT for an "interesting and dynamic map," huh?


Mech is more APM intensive than bio. :/

On top of everything you need to do in Bio, you need depots almost twice as often, more production, and have to constantly siege/unsiege.

LOL
*Producing 10 marines vs 1 Thor for 500 resources
*Splitting those marines vs spreading your vikings a little
*Goody vs MMA
*Oh noes! I hafta make 3 supply depots instead of 2!!!!

On July 19 2012 03:38 iGrok wrote:
Sometimes, mappers want to force certain styles. They can intentionally design a map that is better for Bio than mech.


Who would do that besides a Zerg-biased mapper? It hurts Protoss a ton as well. You can play bio on a mech map but not the other way around. If the map forces certain builds, then it is a shitty map and has no business being in competitive play.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2121
Snow 120
Bale 28
Noble 14
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm193
Counter-Strike
taco 427
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1458
Mew2King8
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1304
WinterStarcraft616
Other Games
summit1g7966
JimRising 649
PiGStarcraft319
C9.Mang0167
ArmadaUGS156
Maynarde133
Sick111
RuFF_SC2108
ViBE76
Livibee51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick643
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki138
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2106
League of Legends
• Lourlo1391
• Rush1098
• Stunt313
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 4m
OSC
8h 4m
Stellar Fest
8h 4m
OSC
19h 4m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.