• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:39
CEST 16:39
KST 23:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8881 users

MotM ProAm: Selected Maps - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Sea_Food
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Finland1612 Posts
July 29 2012 12:09 GMT
#141
On July 29 2012 21:04 NullCurrent wrote:
Sadly it seems like I won't be participating as I have been unable to contact Broodie about working on his map. I guess it would be possible to get it done in time if we start now, but it seems unlikely that we would have the time to reach a satisfactory result.

And before someone asks, I am not willing to work on a map by myself as that would not help Broodie in any way, which the purpose of the ProAm is; helping other mapmakers. If I would continue Broodie's work on this map it would also be unfair to both Broodie and the other participants as I can adjust the map as I see fit myself, and not having to compromise with the original mapmaker. If I have to work on a map myself, then I can just as well help any TPW member or make a new map myself.


WILL SOMEONE THINK ABOUT THE MONEYS?
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
July 29 2012 13:08 GMT
#142
map makers aren't in it for the money - obviously - cuz there aren't any
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
Callynn
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands917 Posts
July 29 2012 13:28 GMT
#143
If only these maps represented the ladder pool

Good luck to everyone.
Comparing BW with SCII is like comparing a beautiful three-master sailing ship with a modern battlecruiser. Both are beautiful in their own way, both perform the same task, but they are worlds apart in how they are built and how they are steered.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
July 29 2012 13:34 GMT
#144
On July 29 2012 21:04 NullCurrent wrote:
Sadly it seems like I won't be participating as I have been unable to contact Broodie about working on his map. I guess it would be possible to get it done in time if we start now, but it seems unlikely that we would have the time to reach a satisfactory result.

And before someone asks, I am not willing to work on a map by myself as that would not help Broodie in any way, which the purpose of the ProAm is; helping other mapmakers. If I would continue Broodie's work on this map it would also be unfair to both Broodie and the other participants as I can adjust the map as I see fit myself, and not having to compromise with the original mapmaker. If I have to work on a map myself, then I can just as well help any TPW member or make a new map myself.

=[ disappointing to hear.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Yonnua
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2331 Posts
July 29 2012 13:58 GMT
#145
On July 29 2012 21:04 NullCurrent wrote:
Sadly it seems like I won't be participating as I have been unable to contact Broodie about working on his map. I guess it would be possible to get it done in time if we start now, but it seems unlikely that we would have the time to reach a satisfactory result.

And before someone asks, I am not willing to work on a map by myself as that would not help Broodie in any way, which the purpose of the ProAm is; helping other mapmakers. If I would continue Broodie's work on this map it would also be unfair to both Broodie and the other participants as I can adjust the map as I see fit myself, and not having to compromise with the original mapmaker. If I have to work on a map myself, then I can just as well help any TPW member or make a new map myself.


Why not pick another amateur? Sure you'd both start with a substantial time disadvantage, but you could at least help somebody in some way.
LRSL 2014 Finalist! PartinG | Mvp | Bomber | Creator | NaNiwa | herO
NullCurrent
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden245 Posts
July 29 2012 14:12 GMT
#146
On July 29 2012 22:58 Yonnua wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2012 21:04 NullCurrent wrote:
Sadly it seems like I won't be participating as I have been unable to contact Broodie about working on his map. I guess it would be possible to get it done in time if we start now, but it seems unlikely that we would have the time to reach a satisfactory result.

And before someone asks, I am not willing to work on a map by myself as that would not help Broodie in any way, which the purpose of the ProAm is; helping other mapmakers. If I would continue Broodie's work on this map it would also be unfair to both Broodie and the other participants as I can adjust the map as I see fit myself, and not having to compromise with the original mapmaker. If I have to work on a map myself, then I can just as well help any TPW member or make a new map myself.


Why not pick another amateur? Sure you'd both start with a substantial time disadvantage, but you could at least help somebody in some way.


Is any amateur here willing to make an attempt?
The Planetary Workshop - TPW - Mapmaking Team
Yonnua
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2331 Posts
July 29 2012 15:01 GMT
#147
On July 29 2012 23:12 NullCurrent wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2012 22:58 Yonnua wrote:
On July 29 2012 21:04 NullCurrent wrote:
Sadly it seems like I won't be participating as I have been unable to contact Broodie about working on his map. I guess it would be possible to get it done in time if we start now, but it seems unlikely that we would have the time to reach a satisfactory result.

And before someone asks, I am not willing to work on a map by myself as that would not help Broodie in any way, which the purpose of the ProAm is; helping other mapmakers. If I would continue Broodie's work on this map it would also be unfair to both Broodie and the other participants as I can adjust the map as I see fit myself, and not having to compromise with the original mapmaker. If I have to work on a map myself, then I can just as well help any TPW member or make a new map myself.


Why not pick another amateur? Sure you'd both start with a substantial time disadvantage, but you could at least help somebody in some way.


Is any amateur here willing to make an attempt?


I would but I feel that there are better and more deserving maps and map makers.
LRSL 2014 Finalist! PartinG | Mvp | Bomber | Creator | NaNiwa | herO
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-29 20:30:52
July 29 2012 20:30 GMT
#148
On July 29 2012 23:12 NullCurrent wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2012 22:58 Yonnua wrote:
On July 29 2012 21:04 NullCurrent wrote:
Sadly it seems like I won't be participating as I have been unable to contact Broodie about working on his map. I guess it would be possible to get it done in time if we start now, but it seems unlikely that we would have the time to reach a satisfactory result.

And before someone asks, I am not willing to work on a map by myself as that would not help Broodie in any way, which the purpose of the ProAm is; helping other mapmakers. If I would continue Broodie's work on this map it would also be unfair to both Broodie and the other participants as I can adjust the map as I see fit myself, and not having to compromise with the original mapmaker. If I have to work on a map myself, then I can just as well help any TPW member or make a new map myself.


Why not pick another amateur? Sure you'd both start with a substantial time disadvantage, but you could at least help somebody in some way.


Is any amateur here willing to make an attempt?

I certainly wouldn't mind either. I have a couple maps in the works that could potentially be used (on top of the 2 I originally submitted for the contest). Just shoot a PM my way if you're interested, NullCurrent.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
July 30 2012 02:33 GMT
#149
On July 29 2012 23:12 NullCurrent wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2012 22:58 Yonnua wrote:
On July 29 2012 21:04 NullCurrent wrote:
Sadly it seems like I won't be participating as I have been unable to contact Broodie about working on his map. I guess it would be possible to get it done in time if we start now, but it seems unlikely that we would have the time to reach a satisfactory result.

And before someone asks, I am not willing to work on a map by myself as that would not help Broodie in any way, which the purpose of the ProAm is; helping other mapmakers. If I would continue Broodie's work on this map it would also be unfair to both Broodie and the other participants as I can adjust the map as I see fit myself, and not having to compromise with the original mapmaker. If I have to work on a map myself, then I can just as well help any TPW member or make a new map myself.


Why not pick another amateur? Sure you'd both start with a substantial time disadvantage, but you could at least help somebody in some way.


Is any amateur here willing to make an attempt?

I would but I might not have time T_T
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
RFDaemoniac
Profile Joined September 2011
United States544 Posts
July 30 2012 06:02 GMT
#150
I'd be happy to attempt it as well
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
July 30 2012 07:39 GMT
#151
Why no one make night winter maps? Every winter map is a daytime
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
July 30 2012 14:19 GMT
#152
On July 30 2012 16:39 Existor wrote:
Why no one make night winter maps? Every winter map is a daytime

I'm waiting for HotS before I make winter maps.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
July 30 2012 14:22 GMT
#153
On July 30 2012 16:39 Existor wrote:
Why no one make night winter maps? Every winter map is a daytime


Just wait for HotS, they have at least 2 winter tilesets, one normal and one city, which looked sick in the trailer
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
July 30 2012 14:23 GMT
#154
On July 30 2012 23:22 Ragoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 16:39 Existor wrote:
Why no one make night winter maps? Every winter map is a daytime


Just wait for HotS, they have at least 2 winter tilesets, one normal and one city, which looked sick in the trailer

What winter city? I don't remember that.
all's fair in love and melodies
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
July 30 2012 15:15 GMT
#155
On July 30 2012 23:22 Ragoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 16:39 Existor wrote:
Why no one make night winter maps? Every winter map is a daytime


Just wait for HotS, they have at least 2 winter tilesets, one normal and one city, which looked sick in the trailer

That didn't look like a winter one, iirc. It looks like Korhal, only higher up in the sky, and with cleaner, better textures and doodads. It does look very good, but if it's going to be a winter city we could just mix it up ourselves
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
July 31 2012 01:06 GMT
#156
The deadline is coming up... what should we do to submit the updated version of our map?
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
HypertonicHydroponic
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
437 Posts
August 02 2012 15:39 GMT
#157
Sooooo...... is anything happening with this? I'm still curious about the results. Is there another thread where the revised maps are being posted?
[P] The Watery Archives -- http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=279070
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
August 02 2012 15:53 GMT
#158
On July 31 2012 00:15 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 23:22 Ragoo wrote:
On July 30 2012 16:39 Existor wrote:
Why no one make night winter maps? Every winter map is a daytime


Just wait for HotS, they have at least 2 winter tilesets, one normal and one city, which looked sick in the trailer

That didn't look like a winter one, iirc. It looks like Korhal, only higher up in the sky, and with cleaner, better textures and doodads. It does look very good, but if it's going to be a winter city we could just mix it up ourselves


[image loading] looks like winter to me hm...
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
August 02 2012 15:55 GMT
#159
On August 03 2012 00:39 HypertonicHydroponic wrote:
Sooooo...... is anything happening with this? I'm still curious about the results. Is there another thread where the revised maps are being posted?

They gave us a few extra days before we have to turn them in.
all's fair in love and melodies
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
August 02 2012 16:48 GMT
#160
On August 03 2012 00:53 Ragoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2012 00:15 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 30 2012 23:22 Ragoo wrote:
On July 30 2012 16:39 Existor wrote:
Why no one make night winter maps? Every winter map is a daytime


Just wait for HotS, they have at least 2 winter tilesets, one normal and one city, which looked sick in the trailer

That didn't look like a winter one, iirc. It looks like Korhal, only higher up in the sky, and with cleaner, better textures and doodads. It does look very good, but if it's going to be a winter city we could just mix it up ourselves


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
looks like winter to me hm...

Looks like fog to me. Doesn't matter either way, it's not like we're tethered to 1 tileset or anything.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1329
ComeBackTV 486
SteadfastSC462
TaKeTV 388
LamboSC2290
IndyStarCraft 131
Rex130
EnkiAlexander 49
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 462
LamboSC2 290
ProTech141
IndyStarCraft 131
Rex 130
BRAT_OK 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37747
Shuttle 2531
Horang2 913
EffOrt 888
Light 840
Mini 785
Soma 395
BeSt 330
Stork 320
firebathero 304
[ Show more ]
Rush 266
Hyuk 257
Snow 217
ZerO 213
ggaemo 155
Leta 100
Pusan 85
hero 77
Killer 70
Sea.KH 59
Sharp 51
sorry 40
Mind 34
Shinee 34
Shine 30
Bale 29
ToSsGirL 29
Mong 26
Aegong 24
Trap 23
soO 23
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 20
Free 16
NotJumperer 13
Sacsri 11
JulyZerg 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 7
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8785
Dendi949
qojqva805
Fuzer 167
420jenkins138
Counter-Strike
markeloff655
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1967
crisheroes1241
XaKoH 169
Other Games
singsing1984
B2W.Neo1033
Hui .194
Liquid`VortiX177
ArmadaUGS136
QueenE107
Mew2King106
Railgan18
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream99
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Gemini_19 12
• mYiSmile19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• HerbMon 2
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2021
League of Legends
• Nemesis2793
• Jankos2358
• TFBlade946
Other Games
• WagamamaTV193
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 22m
Stellar Fest
22h 22m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.