• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:17
CEST 05:17
KST 12:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8641 users

[M] (2) ESV Ohana LE - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Koagel
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria167 Posts
February 21 2012 00:52 GMT
#81
On February 21 2012 09:33 Wroshe wrote:
Personally I don't give a rat's ass about aesthetics; as long as the map plays out good. Seems though that my opinion is one in the very small minority though.


Haha, looks like I found my counterpart.
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
February 21 2012 05:50 GMT
#82
Can't wait to play this one on ladder I'm glad blizzard is finally getting maps from the community. Seems like a positive direction to me. I also miss the water, but i guess function over form.
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
February 21 2012 06:37 GMT
#83
On February 21 2012 14:50 TheFish7 wrote:
Can't wait to play this one on ladder I'm glad blizzard is finally getting maps from the community. Seems like a positive direction to me. I also miss the water, but i guess function over form.


It makes perfect sense that ladder maps should be more on the plain side if they are to work for the tens or hundreds of thousands of computers to handle it daily. Tournament maps are much more decorative. I actually asked if I could implement rivers back in the tournament map version and they said no and that a map that's in ladder and a tournament need to be the same. That was their requirement I tried.
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
Kanil
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1713 Posts
February 21 2012 06:46 GMT
#84
On February 21 2012 08:46 Barrin wrote:
I don't mean to bash on the map or anything, IronMan knows I like this map... This is more a general thing.

But it really says something about the general perceived importance (or more specifically, potential room and need of innovation) of mapmaking when an aesthetic is like the "heart" of a map in people's eyes. Same deal with mr shark.


It's always going to be a lot easier to look at a map and tell if you think it's pretty or not, than it is to look at a map and tell if it's good or not.

The former can be done by anyone in a single glance. For the majority of us, the latter only comes from playing on it or watching games played on it.
I used to have an Oz icon over here ---->
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
February 21 2012 07:15 GMT
#85
On February 21 2012 08:46 Barrin wrote:
I don't mean to bash on the map or anything, IronMan knows I like this map... This is more a general thing.

But it really says something about the general perceived importance (or more specifically, potential room and need of innovation) of mapmaking when an aesthetic is like the "heart" of a map in people's eyes. Same deal with mr shark.


People want their Bel'Shir Beach back. Summer needs to come quicker.
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
Andreas
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Norway214 Posts
February 21 2012 12:02 GMT
#86
On February 21 2012 15:37 IronManSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2012 14:50 TheFish7 wrote:
Can't wait to play this one on ladder I'm glad blizzard is finally getting maps from the community. Seems like a positive direction to me. I also miss the water, but i guess function over form.


It makes perfect sense that ladder maps should be more on the plain side if they are to work for the tens or hundreds of thousands of computers to handle it daily. Tournament maps are much more decorative. I actually asked if I could implement rivers back in the tournament map version and they said no and that a map that's in ladder and a tournament need to be the same. That was their requirement I tried.

That's too bad... I guess there will simply be a split between maps aiming for ladder exposure and maps aiming for tournament exposure.

Personally, I'm just looking forward to playing a desert-tiled map that's not Desert Oasis or Blistering Sands!
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
February 21 2012 17:10 GMT
#87
On February 21 2012 21:02 Andreas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2012 15:37 IronManSC wrote:
On February 21 2012 14:50 TheFish7 wrote:
Can't wait to play this one on ladder I'm glad blizzard is finally getting maps from the community. Seems like a positive direction to me. I also miss the water, but i guess function over form.


It makes perfect sense that ladder maps should be more on the plain side if they are to work for the tens or hundreds of thousands of computers to handle it daily. Tournament maps are much more decorative. I actually asked if I could implement rivers back in the tournament map version and they said no and that a map that's in ladder and a tournament need to be the same. That was their requirement I tried.

That's too bad... I guess there will simply be a split between maps aiming for ladder exposure and maps aiming for tournament exposure.

Personally, I'm just looking forward to playing a desert-tiled map that's not Desert Oasis or Blistering Sands!


I'm sure blizzard uses the "submit non-personal system information" thing when you first install to determine sort of the mean and median performance of starcraft 2 player's computers. I guess they decided that most people would have low frame rates if water was involved in a 200/200 battle. The good news is probably that once HOTS comes out, the average user will have a better performing computer (since computers double in speed every 6 months) And hopefully we'll be in for some more "pretty" battles. so the morale of the story is, keep working on those aesthetics!
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
February 21 2012 18:01 GMT
#88
--- Nuked ---
DeltruS
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2214 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-24 02:10:04
February 24 2012 02:01 GMT
#89
Hey IronmanSC. I don't think the sandy environment looks good without the water in the middle. If there is a source of water, and no sources of corrosion, the area should look much greener.

I have a great suggestion, however! The Sholazar Basin area of WoW has a magnificent "tileset" that would work for this map.
Here are some pictures:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Key elements:
  • Glowing blue, green, red, and yellow crystals.
  • A few hot water gysers.
  • Titan (or maybe Xel'naga) architecture.
  • Mango trees!
  • In the last picture, in the top left, brown earth co-exists with sand, water and grass. The grass tendrils out from the main group and the brown earth lies between the grass where animals (or zerglings!) have worn it down.


Overall, my point is that currently the map looks too much like a desert to have grass. It looks eerie and unnatural. A jungle theme with power crystals, and a bit of brown earth would fit MUCH better.

On another note, perhaps the WoW world designers could quickly make this tileset up, since they were the ones who made it in the first place. If not, it is still Blizzard material we are working off of, which should be a plus.
http://grooveshark.com/#/deltrus/music
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
February 24 2012 19:14 GMT
#90
I appreciate your ideas DeltruS and may consider it for future maps, but if I change it now, it will force Ohana to go into a whole new round of testing (according to Blizzard). I've already made probably 5-6 updates on this one for season 7, and another change will only lessen the chance of it getting into ladder s7 map pool. I want to hold off, since I personally think it's fine and I've got no real complaints yet on the scenery other than "I miss the water." (check it out in-game if you haven't yet).
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
DeltruS
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2214 Posts
February 24 2012 21:56 GMT
#91
No problem. It is sure to be an amazing map anyways. The next season's map pool is sooo nice :D.
http://grooveshark.com/#/deltrus/music
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
February 25 2012 05:36 GMT
#92
Lol, I love this map. I just had a grudge 1 v 1 match and totally owned a dude on here. Haha. Thanks for creating the map. Who in TvT one bases till 25 Min and then long distance mines to their natural?

haha

- WPWP Fitz
Master Chief
skatbone
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1005 Posts
February 25 2012 17:13 GMT
#93
It's great to see your detailed history of this map. I appreciate your willingness to take criticism and work with both technical and aesthetic aspects to ensure a better map. I do miss the water as well, but if it makes the map more playable, then so be it.
Mercurial#1193
H0RNET
Profile Joined March 2011
Thailand138 Posts
February 25 2012 17:18 GMT
#94
why u remove water?
http://hearthstone.in.th
Comadevil
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany214 Posts
February 26 2012 17:32 GMT
#95
On February 26 2012 02:18 H0RNET wrote:
why u remove water?

Read the thread man before u ask questions. ur question was answered already
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
March 14 2012 06:49 GMT
#96
Ohana confirmed for season 7 ladder.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=320498
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
March 14 2012 06:52 GMT
#97
Congratulations Bud, it's well deserved!
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
iSneak
Profile Joined February 2012
Israel8 Posts
March 15 2012 11:07 GMT
#98
Dear IronManSC, is there any chance you'll upload ESV Ohana to EU servers?

Thanks in advance!
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
March 15 2012 23:00 GMT
#99
On March 15 2012 20:07 iSneak wrote:
Dear IronManSC, is there any chance you'll upload ESV Ohana to EU servers?

Thanks in advance!


Should be up on EU now!
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
iSneak
Profile Joined February 2012
Israel8 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-16 01:36:39
March 16 2012 01:36 GMT
#100
On March 16 2012 08:00 IronManSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 20:07 iSneak wrote:
Dear IronManSC, is there any chance you'll upload ESV Ohana to EU servers?

Thanks in advance!


Should be up on EU now!


Thank you! Gonna be used in a tournament I cast next week!

Keep up the good work!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 218
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 701
NaDa 49
Icarus 6
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 683
Other Games
summit1g10442
WinterStarcraft375
Mew2King97
ViBE92
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1358
BasetradeTV302
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 79
• davetesta44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush898
• Lourlo617
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 43m
INu's Battles
8h 43m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 43m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 43m
Replay Cast
19h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.