• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:49
CEST 06:49
KST 13:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7612 users

[M] (2) ESV Ohana LE - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
March 16 2012 20:13 GMT
#101
On March 16 2012 10:36 iSneak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2012 08:00 IronManSC wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:07 iSneak wrote:
Dear IronManSC, is there any chance you'll upload ESV Ohana to EU servers?

Thanks in advance!


Should be up on EU now!


Thank you! Gonna be used in a tournament I cast next week!

Keep up the good work!


Thanks ^^ Which tournament may I ask?
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
CaptainCrush
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States785 Posts
March 16 2012 20:15 GMT
#102
I actually challenged a troll who beat me with some BS yesterday thinking he would just block me. To my surprise, he said "make a game", so I did, with this map. It played out better than what I was expecting, I like the map actually, I won as I was taking a third so I didnt get the full macro effect but it its still pretty nice. Looking forward to it next season!
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
March 17 2012 07:02 GMT
#103
On March 17 2012 05:15 CaptainCrush wrote:
I actually challenged a troll who beat me with some BS yesterday thinking he would just block me. To my surprise, he said "make a game", so I did, with this map. It played out better than what I was expecting, I like the map actually, I won as I was taking a third so I didnt get the full macro effect but it its still pretty nice. Looking forward to it next season!


I appreciate comments like this. People often look at the map and say things like

"3rd is too open"

"There are only 5 bases, not enough"

"It's too open. Zerg OP on this map"


but when you actually play it, it's usually better and more dynamic than what you thought. I wish people weren't so quick to judge simply because it's a new map. Thanks for the comment though, and glad you liked it better than what you were expecting!
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
March 19 2012 11:05 GMT
#104
[image loading]

Holy Crap! GSL Season 2! Congratz ESV & Ironman
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
March 19 2012 11:08 GMT
#105
On March 19 2012 20:05 Johanaz wrote:
[image loading]

Holy Crap! GSL Season 2! Congratz ESV & Ironman


No congratz to TPW?
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
Superouman
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
France2195 Posts
March 19 2012 11:34 GMT
#106
Welcome to the club ironman :D
Search "[SO]" on B.net to find all my maps ||| Cloud Kingdom / Turbo Cruise '84 / Bone Temple / Eternal Empire / Zen / Purity and Industry / Golden Wall / Fortitude / Beckett Industries / Waterfall
Pocky52
Profile Joined November 2011
United States463 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 13:41:22
March 19 2012 13:38 GMT
#107
Congrats on GSL, you'll need to update your OP for the tournaments it's been used in! Keep making dem maps, you're obviously not doing too shabby ^^

Edit:
On March 19 2012 20:08 Ragoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 20:05 Johanaz wrote:
[image loading]

Holy Crap! GSL Season 2! Congratz ESV & Ironman


No congratz to TPW?

If you are referring to Atlantis Spaceship, that's actually from LSPrime of Team Crux, though congrats to them as well ^^
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
March 19 2012 13:53 GMT
#108
On March 19 2012 22:38 Pocky52 wrote:
Congrats on GSL, you'll need to update your OP for the tournaments it's been used in! Keep making dem maps, you're obviously not doing too shabby ^^

Edit:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 20:08 Ragoo wrote:
On March 19 2012 20:05 Johanaz wrote:
[image loading]

Holy Crap! GSL Season 2! Congratz ESV & Ironman


No congratz to TPW?

If you are referring to Atlantis Spaceship, that's actually from LSPrime of Team Crux, though congrats to them as well ^^


I'm referring to the fact that the original Ohana was made while Ironman was still in TPW and he got help by TPW and got motivated to keep working on the map and submit it to TLMC
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
wrl
Profile Joined April 2011
United States209 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 23:25:22
March 19 2012 15:09 GMT
#109
Monitor suggested I edit my post...

I believe Ohana will make a positive addition to the GSL map pool. People respond positively to the idea of a beach map, but Bel'Shir beach failed to produce the quality of games that GSL had hoped for. In addition, with it being a ladder map players and spectators alike will be familiar with its gameplay, making it less likely to be disregarded.

Now to go on a tangent (Sorry Ironman!)

Atlantis Spaceship in its current state is a bad choice for GSL for one relatively minor reason; that being that the aesthetics are purely for looks and actually interfer for many players and spectators alike. While I do not doubt the quality of games that the map produces, my issue stems from the following features:

a. The main bases have no distinct visual cues, nor do any of the other bases.
b. The map is fairly complex, but high ground/lowground/ramps have no consistant visual cues to distinguish themselves from other parts of the map.
c. The map is fairly dark with a generous use of red lighting, a color which is often very distracting for the eye when there is a lot of action (red is the color the eye is most naturally attracted to).
d. The entire map is made out of high-contrast hard-edged textures, this is very jarring and often causes the eye to become distracted.

To contrast, take a look at The Grid. http://i.imgur.com/fcDZr.jpg

The Grid (in my opinion) is the pinnacle of functional aesthetics (especially man-made aesthetics). There is a clear distinction between all 3 levels. Ramps are clearly distinguishable. The textures on each level are smooth and complimentary. The use of lit pathways is done in a way that it doesn't actually distract from the action. There is a minimalist use of doodads so that its very easy to discern what parts of the map are playable and which are not. And to top it all off the final product is stunning.

Spaceship was clearly designed aesthetically to look like, well, a spaceship. It was unfortunately not designed to look like a good melee map (no matter how great the layout may be).
It's funny; I dream a lot, but I'm not a very good sleeper.
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
March 19 2012 16:41 GMT
#110
I see some nasty TvZ bunkerrushes incoming, when Blizzard removes the neutral depot on ladder. The ramp is shaped to provide good space behind the bunker
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 17:19:09
March 19 2012 16:57 GMT
#111
Woot! This woke me up better than coffee ^_^
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 19:19:35
March 19 2012 17:22 GMT
#112
On March 19 2012 22:53 Ragoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 22:38 Pocky52 wrote:
Congrats on GSL, you'll need to update your OP for the tournaments it's been used in! Keep making dem maps, you're obviously not doing too shabby ^^

Edit:
On March 19 2012 20:08 Ragoo wrote:
On March 19 2012 20:05 Johanaz wrote:
[image loading]

Holy Crap! GSL Season 2! Congratz ESV & Ironman


No congratz to TPW?

If you are referring to Atlantis Spaceship, that's actually from LSPrime of Team Crux, though congrats to them as well ^^


I'm referring to the fact that the original Ohana was made while Ironman was still in TPW and he got help by TPW and got motivated to keep working on the map and submit it to TLMC


For one, you weren't in TPW at the time they supported me with the map, so I believe it's wrong for you to consider yourself part of the process (seeing as you mention 'TPW' as a whole). Secondly, I not only thanked TPW in the OP for production help (which should be enough), but I don't see how or why we should run to Chae and tell him to recognize TPW for a map he (or they) chose. Just let it be buddy... Ohana is not a TPW map anymore. I don't know why you guys still care.
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
gnomeinbrain
Profile Joined October 2011
United States12 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 19:00:13
March 19 2012 18:53 GMT
#113
On February 14 2012 05:28 IronManSC wrote:
LE version of Ohana is now published on NA only as ohanaLEtest 0.2

Changes:

1) Opened up the air space gap between the main and natural (near the minerals) to allow for proper overlord placement scouting. Previously, the gap was too small and no air units could survive while remaining stationary. This is now fixed.

2) Texture touch-ups

3) Fixed water and tree glitches, as well as added in a few more doodads

I could not find this on NA. Is it called something different now? Is it ESV Ohana?
If it ain't broken, don't break it.
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
March 19 2012 19:13 GMT
#114
On March 20 2012 03:53 gnomeinbrain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 05:28 IronManSC wrote:
LE version of Ohana is now published on NA only as ohanaLEtest 0.2

Changes:

1) Opened up the air space gap between the main and natural (near the minerals) to allow for proper overlord placement scouting. Previously, the gap was too small and no air units could survive while remaining stationary. This is now fixed.

2) Texture touch-ups

3) Fixed water and tree glitches, as well as added in a few more doodads

I could not find this on NA. Is it called something different now? Is it ESV Ohana?


Yes, search 'Ohana' and it should be ESV Ohana.
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
March 19 2012 19:43 GMT
#115
Congratz Travis, i hope it does well. Looking forward to see players like MMA playing on it.
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
Cosmos
Profile Joined March 2010
Belgium1077 Posts
March 19 2012 21:59 GMT
#116
Never played on this map but I love it allready, I like brightness on maps, which is so rare. I hate the maps like entombed valley and so many more which are just dark and hurt my eyes.
http://www.twitch.tv/becosmos
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 23:34:59
March 19 2012 23:34 GMT
#117
On March 20 2012 06:59 Cosmos wrote:
Never played on this map but I love it allready, I like brightness on maps, which is so rare. I hate the maps like entombed valley and so many more which are just dark and hurt my eyes.


I enjoy making maps that express the beauty of nature. Creating beaches, deserts, and the like are my cup of tea. I don't prefer dark maps that make it look like you're in a cave. Every map I create you can expect it to look like noon time in the middle of summer
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
wrl
Profile Joined April 2011
United States209 Posts
March 19 2012 23:47 GMT
#118
On March 20 2012 08:34 IronManSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2012 06:59 Cosmos wrote:
Never played on this map but I love it allready, I like brightness on maps, which is so rare. I hate the maps like entombed valley and so many more which are just dark and hurt my eyes.


I enjoy making maps that express the beauty of nature. Creating beaches, deserts, and the like are my cup of tea. I don't prefer dark maps that make it look like you're in a cave. Every map I create you can expect it to look like noon time in the middle of summer


God, thats the opposite of me. I am so uncomfortable making natural locales. All of my textures have to have a calculable method of painting. I bet there could probably be something said about left-brained vs right-brained people people in that regard. :-P
It's funny; I dream a lot, but I'm not a very good sleeper.
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
March 19 2012 23:56 GMT
#119
On March 20 2012 08:47 wrl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2012 08:34 IronManSC wrote:
On March 20 2012 06:59 Cosmos wrote:
Never played on this map but I love it allready, I like brightness on maps, which is so rare. I hate the maps like entombed valley and so many more which are just dark and hurt my eyes.


I enjoy making maps that express the beauty of nature. Creating beaches, deserts, and the like are my cup of tea. I don't prefer dark maps that make it look like you're in a cave. Every map I create you can expect it to look like noon time in the middle of summer


God, thats the opposite of me. I am so uncomfortable making natural locales. All of my textures have to have a calculable method of painting. I bet there could probably be something said about left-brained vs right-brained people people in that regard. :-P


Well i'm left handed, so i'm using the opposite of my brain lol
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
darkrage14
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada173 Posts
March 23 2012 01:19 GMT
#120
Is it just me, but whenever I look at the bottom spawn for Ohana my game drops to 45 fps. I'm positive it has something to do with the map since this doesn't happen to me with the top spawn location and this happens to me even if I look at the bottom spawn through fog of war (ie, sending OL scout in zvz)

i ALWAYS have 60 on extreme everything, only exception being 200/200 with mothership and vortex fights.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 232
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 510
Hyuk 460
Leta 75
NaDa 43
TT1 20
Icarus 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm255
League of Legends
JimRising 748
Other Games
summit1g9968
WinterStarcraft461
Mew2King98
ViBE76
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1058
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2174
League of Legends
• Rush1254
• Lourlo1094
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 11m
INu's Battles
7h 11m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 11m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 11m
Replay Cast
18h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.