• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:17
CEST 05:17
KST 12:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8632 users

[M] (2) ESV Ohana LE - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
February 10 2012 14:25 GMT
#41
--- Nuked ---
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
February 10 2012 15:50 GMT
#42
On February 10 2012 23:25 Barrin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2011 16:50 IronManSC wrote:
On December 20 2011 16:48 Diamond wrote:
Just want to say this may be the most well done map out there from an aesthetics standpoint, really well done IronMan !


Thanks ^^ What can I say, I love nature! Which goes to explain why I will never make city maps

Agreed, I'm not ready to pick a #1, but this map is easily tied for maps I would consider as #1.

I also feel te same way about city maps lol. I'll probably make one eventually, but I just love nature.


Looks like Ohana will hit the ladder in season 7! Congratz! I agree about those aesthetics
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
February 10 2012 22:55 GMT
#43
On February 11 2012 00:50 Johanaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 23:25 Barrin wrote:
On December 20 2011 16:50 IronManSC wrote:
On December 20 2011 16:48 Diamond wrote:
Just want to say this may be the most well done map out there from an aesthetics standpoint, really well done IronMan !


Thanks ^^ What can I say, I love nature! Which goes to explain why I will never make city maps

Agreed, I'm not ready to pick a #1, but this map is easily tied for maps I would consider as #1.

I also feel te same way about city maps lol. I'll probably make one eventually, but I just love nature.


Looks like Ohana will hit the ladder in season 7! Congratz! I agree about those aesthetics


The aesthetics are definitely a bit improved
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-11 19:11:20
February 11 2012 19:10 GMT
#44
I've been working a great deal on Ohana for the past couple days. There have been a couple changes that Blizzard has requested from me, such as:

• Not using the height tool on an extreme level. In this case, I had to virtually remove the canyons in the water since it caused a lot of performance and graphical issues.

• That I remove the pathable/landable/buildable water that flowed through the center. Granted, the map feels more open and a little more plain, but it's what they want and that's something I'm going to honor. Removing the water demanded me to re-work the aesthetics quite a bit.

So far, this is the rough draft of the future Ohana. This is what you're likely to expect to see in ladder soon:

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
http://i.imgur.com/UAmuL.jpg
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
HKSpartan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States18 Posts
February 11 2012 19:27 GMT
#45
So basically they want you to remove the soul of the map. The textures and doodads are still extremely well done, but the beach feeling is more subdued.

I don't understand why Blizzard feels like they need to change every map. If it works in tournaments already, why do they need to change it?
Apoo
Profile Joined January 2011
413 Posts
February 11 2012 19:31 GMT
#46
It still looks great. And i think too many aesthetics in non-highlighted spots bring more neagtive aspects than positive. It will be super awesome to play it on Ladder. :D
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
February 11 2012 19:37 GMT
#47
On February 12 2012 04:27 HKSpartan wrote:
So basically they want you to remove the soul of the map. The textures and doodads are still extremely well done, but the beach feeling is more subdued.

I don't understand why Blizzard feels like they need to change every map. If it works in tournaments already, why do they need to change it?


I loved the water flowing through the center of the map, and I'm sure everybody else did too. I think we are just used to it too much. But, for this map to work on ladder it has to be smooth from level to level.

SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
Qegixar
Profile Joined May 2011
United States46 Posts
February 12 2012 01:01 GMT
#48
The water removal was much needed. I know a lot of people liked it, and in an overview, it looked quite nice, but playing on a map with water like that is rough. For one, I don't have the best computer, and even on low settings it can be difficult for my computer to handle. Secondly, the warping effects and graphical glitches that came with placing buildings in or near the water turn a pretty map into a an unsightly one.

Sorry you had to take the water out, but I have to admit I would have been upset if Blizzard had put it into the ladder pool without making the change.
Koagel
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria167 Posts
February 12 2012 01:38 GMT
#49
I don't like the stone texture you used at the cliffs. Doesn't fit the color scheme. I don't think you should use the sand dunes texture in the water. Looks nonsensical. I'd rather use a darker normal sand texture to simulate wet sand. Green grass looks stupid on sand. The Tarsonis grass I don't mind that much, but I'm not sure yet. Maybe try to always use the Tarsonis grass on sand, and just add highlights in the Tarsonis grass with the green grass texture.
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-12 07:00:34
February 12 2012 07:00 GMT
#50
On February 12 2012 10:38 Koagel wrote:
I don't like the stone texture you used at the cliffs. Doesn't fit the color scheme. I don't think you should use the sand dunes texture in the water. Looks nonsensical. I'd rather use a darker normal sand texture to simulate wet sand. Green grass looks stupid on sand. The Tarsonis grass I don't mind that much, but I'm not sure yet. Maybe try to always use the Tarsonis grass on sand, and just add highlights in the Tarsonis grass with the green grass texture.


You realize the ohana image in the OP is being re-done right?

This is what I have so far:

http://i.imgur.com/k1DNo.jpg
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
Koagel
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria167 Posts
February 12 2012 09:56 GMT
#51
On February 12 2012 16:00 IronManSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2012 10:38 Koagel wrote:
I don't like the stone texture you used at the cliffs. Doesn't fit the color scheme. I don't think you should use the sand dunes texture in the water. Looks nonsensical. I'd rather use a darker normal sand texture to simulate wet sand. Green grass looks stupid on sand. The Tarsonis grass I don't mind that much, but I'm not sure yet. Maybe try to always use the Tarsonis grass on sand, and just add highlights in the Tarsonis grass with the green grass texture.


You realize the ohana image in the OP is being re-done right?

This is what I have so far:

http://i.imgur.com/k1DNo.jpg


Well, barring the water stuff, my post should still be valid.
w00kies
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany25 Posts
February 12 2012 10:44 GMT
#52
Is it possible to lower the edges of the Base above the main a bit to have a little bit of water flowing in there?
Like in the first version of Ohana?
Then you would have at least a little bit of water.
Sorry for bad English
Mario1209
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1077 Posts
February 12 2012 12:19 GMT
#53
can we have a random flying shark through the middle of the map? since they removed the one on cloud kingdom T_T
Co-Manager of Soviet Gaming * http://twitter.com/#!/sGMarioo * http://www.facebook.com/SovietGamingfanpage * https://twitter.com/#!/SovietGaming
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
February 12 2012 13:17 GMT
#54
Tassadar vs Hack, the game played on this map. How the heck does a Terran stop void ray all ins on this map? Hack went for what seems like the perfect opening vs proxy voids, expo then loads of barracks instead of a fast factory, but because the voids can charge on the rocks, he still got owned. Is it just me, or are early voids a bit too powerful on this map?
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-12 15:59:07
February 12 2012 15:56 GMT
#55
The team has been gracious and helping me quite a bit with some aesthetics

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
http://i.imgur.com/moSwm.jpg
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
February 12 2012 19:37 GMT
#56
The random piece of highground outside the bottom 4th looks very awkward. :p
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
Gl!tch
Profile Joined December 2010
United States573 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-12 21:03:56
February 12 2012 21:02 GMT
#57
I realy liked the water in the center, but if it gets the map on ladder in season 7 then it will be well worth it. Congratz on that btw :D

Oh wait, just saw the one the team helped you with, I like this new "desolate island" look just as much as the lush island one before. I feel a light fog? Just suggestion :D

edit: yeah looking at the whole map image not sure if i like the top right aesthetic bit.
“I mean, they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.” ― Banksy
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
February 12 2012 21:48 GMT
#58
Here is a top down view for better observation:

[image loading]
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
RaiKageRyu
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada4773 Posts
February 12 2012 22:47 GMT
#59
lol, looks like with each version the water just dries up more and more.

Someone call down the Thunder?
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
February 12 2012 22:59 GMT
#60
On February 13 2012 07:47 RaiKageRyu wrote:
lol, looks like with each version the water just dries up more and more.



Haha, that's true. I think this version makes the most sense aesthetically though.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 218
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 670
NaDa 47
Icarus 5
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 722
Other Games
summit1g10442
WinterStarcraft375
Mew2King97
ViBE84
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1358
BasetradeTV302
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 79
• davetesta44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush857
• Lourlo617
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 44m
INu's Battles
8h 44m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 44m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 44m
Replay Cast
19h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.