• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:06
CEST 22:06
KST 05:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8676 users

[2]Pawn by monitor - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Samro225am
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany982 Posts
December 26 2010 19:50 GMT
#21
very, very nice map. i totally like the layout of the possible expansions.
on the visual side I love the way you created something individual with simple cliff-"brushwork".

some spots look too tight though - I cannot play the map, i try to understand it just from looking - nat to third is quite a long and narrow choke. also the central highground could be more open with only one tower. also i am unsure about the gold being so difficult to hold once you do not have complete control over centre. it looks like only one player can have it actually, but I guess you guys tested the map well and it works
2-_-n
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden24 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-26 22:29:29
December 26 2010 19:52 GMT
#22
Sure!

I don't see why not, since I'm quite sure more than me would want to get their hands on this one!

I'll pm you my email.
ruskig on bnet
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
December 26 2010 21:20 GMT
#23
On December 27 2010 04:50 Samro225am wrote:
very, very nice map. i totally like the layout of the possible expansions.
on the visual side I love the way you created something individual with simple cliff-"brushwork".

some spots look too tight though - I cannot play the map, i try to understand it just from looking - nat to third is quite a long and narrow choke. also the central highground could be more open with only one tower. also i am unsure about the gold being so difficult to hold once you do not have complete control over centre. it looks like only one player can have it actually, but I guess you guys tested the map well and it works


Yeah, it works just the way it is supposed to. In-game, the choke to the third is not very long. It has not proved to be a problem (even in a 200/200 battle), more of a strategic area.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
baskerville
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
541 Posts
December 26 2010 22:16 GMT
#24
no angled pictures...?
http://www.teamliquid.net/mirror/smilies/random-big.gif
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
December 26 2010 22:39 GMT
#25
On December 27 2010 07:16 baskerville wrote:
no angled pictures...?


Good point, I'll stick in an angled overview.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
MavercK
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2181 Posts
December 26 2010 22:42 GMT
#26
i really like it.
really really like it.

great work
Brood War Remake - SC2BW - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=145316
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
December 26 2010 22:45 GMT
#27
On December 27 2010 07:42 MavercK wrote:
i really like it.
really really like it.

great work


Hey thanks!

I added a Low Quality overview (sorry, hard to get a high quality) to the thread.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
BoomStevo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States332 Posts
December 26 2010 22:56 GMT
#28
I don't quite understand the 1-gas expansion. I think the 1-gas expo is somewhat equivalent to a mineral-only expo in BW, but a mineral-only expo usually represented a low-risk, low-reward base. With that said, the placement of your 1-gas expo doesn't feel low-risk to me. It is close to the center, near the main attack path, and spotted by a watchtower. I feel as if the corner base would be taken as a third and for a fourth I would most likely take the gold expansion outside of my third. The gold represents nearly the same risks but gives a higher reward while protecting the entrance to my third.

The center is tight. I'm glad you removed the extraneous LOS blockers.

Aesthetically, I think it could use some work. From the top-down view my biggest concern is the sameness of each space. The same textures are used throughout which makes it difficult to distinguish the different spaces. Upon closer inspection I think you could tighten up the 'jigsaw' effect of the textures better by making them line up more naturally. And while I'm nitpicking, you have asteroids placed around the edges which are high up. With air units in these areas they can fly through or below the asteroids.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=158246 - My Maps
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
December 26 2010 23:09 GMT
#29
On December 27 2010 07:56 BoomStevo wrote:
I don't quite understand the 1-gas expansion. I think the 1-gas expo is somewhat equivalent to a mineral-only expo in BW, but a mineral-only expo usually represented a low-risk, low-reward base. With that said, the placement of your 1-gas expo doesn't feel low-risk to me. It is close to the center, near the main attack path, and spotted by a watchtower. I feel as if the corner base would be taken as a third and for a fourth I would most likely take the gold expansion outside of my third. The gold represents nearly the same risks but gives a higher reward while protecting the entrance to my third.

The center is tight. I'm glad you removed the extraneous LOS blockers.

Aesthetically, I think it could use some work. From the top-down view my biggest concern is the sameness of each space. The same textures are used throughout which makes it difficult to distinguish the different spaces. Upon closer inspection I think you could tighten up the 'jigsaw' effect of the textures better by making them line up more naturally. And while I'm nitpicking, you have asteroids placed around the edges which are high up. With air units in these areas they can fly through or below the asteroids.


The 1gas expo is there for a specific reason. When containing, which is pretty easy, if it had 2gas, it'd be too powerful. I needed to keep contains balanced.

I've heard positive and negatives about the aesthetics. Somewhat I agree that from the overview it is hard to distinguish areas, but in-game its really not.

The high up asteroids are outside of the map bounds last I checked, but I can check again.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 26 2010 23:25 GMT
#30
As far as the textures go, they could be really improved by simply tightening them up. Particularly the small "grid" texture, making its bounds on the edges of the squares themselves would make them nicer. But to be honest that texture doesn't quite fit anyways.

I do like that you used the avernus plates texture well. its a hard one to do so.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
December 27 2010 01:29 GMT
#31
the design looks really good monitor. i think the texturing needs more contrast to make the map really shine though. too much of the same imo.
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
December 27 2010 01:56 GMT
#32
On December 27 2010 10:29 WniO wrote:
the design looks really good monitor. i think the texturing needs more contrast to make the map really shine though. too much of the same imo.


Okay, thanks!

I'll take a look at the aesthetics more, hopefully clean them up. In-game, they're looking fine, have you seen them? Let me know.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-29 17:40:25
December 29 2010 17:30 GMT
#33
OP updated with a new image. Seen here:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


iCCup Pawn 2.0 Changes:
-HY 1x ramp replaced with low ground path
-textures sharpened, exaggerated
-center high ground removed
-3rds moved closer to center
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
2-_-n
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden24 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-29 21:42:56
December 29 2010 21:42 GMT
#34
The updated version is now up on eu.
ruskig on bnet
MadZ
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark111 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-29 22:44:42
December 29 2010 22:26 GMT
#35
the map looks really fucking amazing im gonna play on right now.. if only blizzard would try using theese maps..


i cant find this on eu ?
SpoR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1542 Posts
December 29 2010 22:47 GMT
#36
very nice, If i had to make one change it would be to spread the bases a little more out. If you look at the pathing lines, you can see there are too many bases on it, or just off the beaten path. Giving zerg really only 1 safe place for a third base.
I'd at the least move the 13k bases North and South respectively, into that open space behind them.
A man is what he thinks about all day long.
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
December 29 2010 22:52 GMT
#37
On December 30 2010 07:47 SpoR wrote:
very nice, If i had to make one change it would be to spread the bases a little more out. If you look at the pathing lines, you can see there are too many bases on it, or just off the beaten path. Giving zerg really only 1 safe place for a third base.
I'd at the least move the 13k bases North and South respectively, into that open space behind them.


I think the bases are fine from testing.

I've made a couple revisions to 2.0, and the HY is pushed into the center more. I've also opened up numerous chokes (not naturals), and cleaned textures a bit more. Seen here:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
December 29 2010 22:57 GMT
#38
On December 30 2010 07:26 MadZ wrote:
the map looks really fucking amazing im gonna play on right now.. if only blizzard would try using theese maps..


i cant find this on eu ?


Should be up, 2-_-n published it as far as I know.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 29 2010 23:03 GMT
#39
that choke into the HY looks better open.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
December 29 2010 23:14 GMT
#40
On December 30 2010 08:03 iGrok wrote:
that choke into the HY looks better open.


The problem in testing was the choked up areas of the map. There were too many chokes, so I had to open it up. By doing this, it also made the center smaller, promoting the side expansion game play that it was originally meant to have. The HY is also harder to defend now, because its closer to the rush path to your enemy. It'll be scouted more often and harassed earlier. The openness also makes it harder to hold without the small choke point.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O126
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 681
JuggernautJason89
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 654
Shuttle 521
ZZZero.O 126
Zeus 69
Hyun 42
soO 37
Dota 2
qojqva2394
canceldota50
League of Legends
Doublelift1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5414
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4044
Liquid`Hasu718
Other Games
summit1g4672
FrodaN1084
KnowMe333
420jenkins257
ToD204
Pyrionflax198
Livibee171
QueenE61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick661
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 89
• Hupsaiya 47
• Adnapsc2 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 38
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1829
Other Games
• imaqtpie971
• Shiphtur606
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 55m
Patches Events
18h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 55m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.