• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:50
CEST 02:50
KST 09:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9002 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 182 Next
DeadlyNightShade
Profile Joined November 2008
Chile43 Posts
November 17 2010 21:14 GMT
#241
On November 16 2010 05:12 Pineapple wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2010 13:46 Sinani201 wrote:
On November 15 2010 10:27 Pineapple wrote:
Just wondering how to edit SC2 maps? I opened the map editor and can't find the map files.


File>Open. You can browse maps from the game and edit blizzard maps from the campaign, challenges, and standard multiplayer maps.


Hmm... Strange, doesn't seem to happen for me... It just comes up with blank and when I go into the SC2 folders I can't find any map files... I'll have to give it another shot when I get home tonight. Thanks anyway.


You have to log in
Pineapple
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
New Zealand126 Posts
November 17 2010 21:39 GMT
#242
On November 18 2010 06:14 DrStein wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2010 05:12 Pineapple wrote:
On November 15 2010 13:46 Sinani201 wrote:
On November 15 2010 10:27 Pineapple wrote:
Just wondering how to edit SC2 maps? I opened the map editor and can't find the map files.


File>Open. You can browse maps from the game and edit blizzard maps from the campaign, challenges, and standard multiplayer maps.


Hmm... Strange, doesn't seem to happen for me... It just comes up with blank and when I go into the SC2 folders I can't find any map files... I'll have to give it another shot when I get home tonight. Thanks anyway.


You have to log in


Cheers, you're right, now I can do it. Sorry for the noob question!
DeadlyNightShade
Profile Joined November 2008
Chile43 Posts
November 18 2010 03:48 GMT
#243
On November 18 2010 06:12 DrStein wrote:
1.- Can i publish my map in my region only ?

2.- I can't find an action that "kills all the units for player/region/etc.. "


3.- Also, What are cameras for?
forelmashi
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
421 Posts
November 19 2010 18:07 GMT
#244
hi guys quick question for experienced mappers. is there simple way to increase the game speed beyond faster? if not is it possible to do this artificially/manually by changing all the cooldowns etc?
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 18:13:20
November 19 2010 18:12 GMT
#245
I suppose you could manually change all cooldowns, reasearch/build times, unit/weapon speeds, heal/recharge/repair rates

Also, yes you can only publish in your region, and cameras are for cinematics for custom games
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
jcroisdale
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1543 Posts
November 21 2010 00:43 GMT
#246
I had an idea for map and was wondering if there were similar maps or if anyone be interested in making it.

Basic idea is you would very equal or identical armies and and basically have to use this army to fight another person by betting them with micro. it could be for 8 people and you go between each opponent for.a certain amount of rounds and whoever wins the most,wins the game. You could compare it to impossible scenarios but vs humans
"I think bringing a toddler to a movie theater is a terrible idea. They are too young to understand what is happening it would be like giving your toddler acid. Bad idea." - Sinensis
Munk-E
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States672 Posts
November 21 2010 01:32 GMT
#247
Ugh, I know I am a TOTAL noob for asking this, but here goes. O.K. I just made my first map, just a simple melee map. I spent 2 hours on it, and am quite proud of it. SO anyway, when I tried to open up SC2 and play it, I hosted a game and there was only room for me in the lobby! I put 2 spawn points, but when i try "test map" there are no players in the game. What am I doing wrong?
You recognise me because of my signature!
Munk-E
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States672 Posts
November 21 2010 01:33 GMT
#248
On November 21 2010 09:43 jcroisdale wrote:
I had an idea for map and was wondering if there were similar maps or if anyone be interested in making it.

Basic idea is you would very equal or identical armies and and basically have to use this army to fight another person by betting them with micro. it could be for 8 people and you go between each opponent for.a certain amount of rounds and whoever wins the most,wins the game. You could compare it to impossible scenarios but vs humans


look up "micro tournament" it's almost identical to what you are describing, but no one plays it.
You recognise me because of my signature!
jcroisdale
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1543 Posts
November 21 2010 01:36 GMT
#249
On November 21 2010 10:33 Munk-E wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2010 09:43 jcroisdale wrote:
I had an idea for map and was wondering if there were similar maps or if anyone be interested in making it.

Basic idea is you would very equal or identical armies and and basically have to use this army to fight another person by betting them with micro. it could be for 8 people and you go between each opponent for.a certain amount of rounds and whoever wins the most,wins the game. You could compare it to impossible scenarios but vs humans


look up "micro tournament" it's almost identical to what you are describing, but no one plays it.


Thank you, i'll try it out and see how it is.
"I think bringing a toddler to a movie theater is a terrible idea. They are too young to understand what is happening it would be like giving your toddler acid. Bad idea." - Sinensis
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
November 21 2010 03:13 GMT
#250
In the editor, go to Map -> Player Properties. I'll bet you a shiny nickel that player 2's control is set to "None".

Setting it to Human should fix the issue.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
November 22 2010 18:57 GMT
#251
How do you set a map to have a high quality preview image?
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
TM-Magic
Profile Joined February 2009
United States61 Posts
November 23 2010 03:21 GMT
#252
Where can I get higher end players to review some melee maps I created so I can balance them further.
LIVE CASTING - http://www.twitch.tv/sc2magic ................ VODS - http://www.youtube.com/sc2magic .................. Helping YOU become a better gamer - THREAD - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=279985
HeroHenry
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1723 Posts
November 24 2010 19:07 GMT
#253
How do i delete custom games that I downloaded?
forelmashi
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
421 Posts
November 25 2010 02:27 GMT
#254
hi, I saved my work in different files.. but eventually I will want to publish under one name.. and it's not letting me because I've already published under that name.

anyone have this problem?
Xeroni
Profile Joined August 2010
United States36 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-29 04:04:36
November 29 2010 04:03 GMT
#255
I've been trying to solve this for a WHILE, but no cigar.

How do I place all doodads on the lowest cliff level (height = 0)? The one where no units can walk. I want this for the eye candy, since all the other 3 cliff levels are used up by my map, and bellow the lowest one that is used (height = 8) is water.

More specifically, I want to place some 'Shakuras Temple Wall' doodads onto the lowest cliff level on my Shakuras styled map How can this be done? Don't tell me it's impossible, since Shakuras Plateau has it
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
November 29 2010 04:24 GMT
#256
On November 29 2010 13:03 Xeroni wrote:
I've been trying to solve this for a WHILE, but no cigar.

How do I place all doodads on the lowest cliff level (height = 0)? The one where no units can walk. I want this for the eye candy, since all the other 3 cliff levels are used up by my map, and bellow the lowest one that is used (height = 8) is water.

More specifically, I want to place some 'Shakuras Temple Wall' doodads onto the lowest cliff level on my Shakuras styled map How can this be done? Don't tell me it's impossible, since Shakuras Plateau has it


Hold "Shift".
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Rizell
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden237 Posts
November 29 2010 18:33 GMT
#257
Does anybody know how you can get the average APM? I want to make a macro trainer map, where i get some warning when i go below a certain APM treshold.
So poor, cant' even pay attention.
Munk-E
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States672 Posts
November 29 2010 19:36 GMT
#258
ANOTHER TOTAL NOOB QUESTION INCOMING!

ok... so now i have both players set to user, i have the start points and the map type is melee, but when i tried starting the game, there was nothing... no CCs, hatcherys or nexi. how do i fix this?
You recognise me because of my signature!
Ryps
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Romania2740 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-30 18:07:33
November 30 2010 17:37 GMT
#259
nvm found it
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 07:08:16
December 02 2010 07:05 GMT
#260
On November 25 2010 11:27 forelmashi wrote:
hi, I saved my work in different files.. but eventually I will want to publish under one name.. and it's not letting me because I've already published under that name.

anyone have this problem?

Under the Upload Manager, remove the current version. Might work

On November 30 2010 04:36 Munk-E wrote:
ANOTHER TOTAL NOOB QUESTION INCOMING!

ok... so now i have both players set to user, i have the start points and the map type is melee, but when i tried starting the game, there was nothing... no CCs, hatcherys or nexi. how do i fix this?


Did you open it from the editor? Still should have 1 CC though... Make sure there are no player-controlled units on the map. If that still doesn't work, pm me.

MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14717
Hyuk 52
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm210
League of Legends
Doublelift4306
Other Games
summit1g9295
FrodaN2702
JimRising 640
PiGStarcraft474
KnowMe182
ViBE130
ArmadaUGS105
Mew2King68
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1320
BasetradeTV169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• davetesta16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 10m
INu's Battles
11h 10m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 10m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 10m
Replay Cast
22h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.