• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:08
CEST 05:08
KST 12:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8761 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 15

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 182 Next
rads
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia38 Posts
December 13 2010 17:30 GMT
#281
yo yo

I've been working on this map over the last week or so, and I think I've made some pretty nice progress. However, I've hit a wall when it comes to blocking pathing- inparticularly, using no fly zones to restrict the movement of banshees, medivacs etc. Here's an overview of my map in it's current state:

[image loading]

Let me draw your attention to this area (same applies for both sides of the map):

[image loading]

As you can see, there's heaps of space that air units could sit in after harrassing. I've circled the area I want to prevent air unit pathing. I've tried spamming No Fly Zones (which just makes the units bump invisible barriers a bit but still lets them fly around. I've tried the path painting tool, but it doesn't work for air units, I guess. Google yields nothing for me, and I'm at a loss here.

So, tldr; Is there a trick to using no fly zones? Should I bother using them at all in this map?

Also, feel free to comment on the design of my map. I've only really messed around in the editor a bit, and this is the first map I've wanted to finish so any feedback would be cool.

Thanks!
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
December 13 2010 18:18 GMT
#282
--- Nuked ---
funcmode
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia720 Posts
December 13 2010 18:42 GMT
#283
You can edit the no fly zones (select and hit enter or double click) to change the radius of them. However, they're still always circular, so even when they're bigger units path around them a bit unnaturally. Regardless, it looks better to have say 3-4 large no fly zones as opposed to 20 small ones.

Personally, I don't think it's an issue. A lot of the ladder maps have large areas only air units can access, but rarely is it ever actually exploited. The no fly zones only really exist to stop units clipping through tall doodads. If it's such a big problem and the no fly zones aren't enough, the only suggestion I can make is to alter the maps layout.
@funcmode - TPW Mapmaking Team - theplanetaryworkshop.com
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 13 2010 19:34 GMT
#284
@Rads. Combine what Funcmode said with no-fly zone lines that overlap with the map boundries. overlap your zones as well.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
stanik
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada213 Posts
December 13 2010 20:29 GMT
#285
Can someone explain to me the steps necessary to change a map to a top down view instead of the default angled view.
BuuGhost
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands340 Posts
December 13 2010 20:59 GMT
#286
On December 13 2010 19:40 baskerville wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 13:23 BuuGhost wrote:
I might be completely off or retarded but isn't this called Altered Melee?


Thanks, could you reference from where you got that?
I'm obviously looking for a specific name. Not to be blunt, but "altered" has a bad "press/ambiance" ring to it... but I'm still interested in where you got that "altered melee" from (w3?).

Just to be clear: the melee option in sc sets a number of specific game options...
mod is a generic name, basically means you're changing stats (for instance: lowering destructible rocks hp is an interesting borderline example: the gameplay remains unaltered but is expanded to new potential heights.. so it is changed, just not in the same way as a ums trigger rigged map would change the gameplay).
mod is like map or file or other... by the way I'm aware that they are a bunch of those "melee mod" out there, but in my view they're not identified in "layman's term' form"...


In europe there are alot of Melee Maps or somting like The Phantom Series that use Altered Melee as name or tag, I tought this could be where you're looking for but wasn't sure. So i added that i might be off bigtime. ^^.
"Kinda like this thing but there’s something you should know, I just came to say hello."
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
December 13 2010 21:07 GMT
#287
On December 14 2010 05:29 stanik wrote:
Can someone explain to me the steps necessary to change a map to a top down view instead of the default angled view.

View > View Entire Map
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
stanik
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada213 Posts
December 13 2010 21:16 GMT
#288
On December 14 2010 06:07 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2010 05:29 stanik wrote:
Can someone explain to me the steps necessary to change a map to a top down view instead of the default angled view.

View > View Entire Map


Thank you.
I mean in the actual game, I should have been more clear.

I found View > Camera > Camera Editor and setting the angle to 90 degrees but that seems to only affect the editor settings. On the bottom there are two buttons that have their text cut off and appear to say 'Set Game Camera' but i have tried both but to no avail.

To make it clear I am looking to set the ingame camera angle to Top Down.
stanik
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada213 Posts
December 13 2010 21:53 GMT
#289
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 14 2010 06:16 stanik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2010 06:07 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
On December 14 2010 05:29 stanik wrote:
Can someone explain to me the steps necessary to change a map to a top down view instead of the default angled view.

View > View Entire Map


Thank you.
I mean in the actual game, I should have been more clear.

I found View > Camera > Camera Editor and setting the angle to 90 degrees but that seems to only affect the editor settings. On the bottom there are two buttons that have their text cut off and appear to say 'Set Game Camera' but i have tried both but to no avail.

To make it clear I am looking to set the ingame camera angle to Top Down.



I found out how.

Modules > Data > Camera Tab

Edit: Zoom Table Property
baskerville
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
541 Posts
December 13 2010 22:04 GMT
#290
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 14 2010 05:59 BuuGhost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2010 19:40 baskerville wrote:
On December 12 2010 13:23 BuuGhost wrote:
I might be completely off or retarded but isn't this called Altered Melee?


Thanks, could you reference from where you got that?
I'm obviously looking for a specific name. Not to be blunt, but "altered" has a bad "press/ambiance" ring to it... but I'm still interested in where you got that "altered melee" from (w3?).

Just to be clear: the melee option in sc sets a number of specific game options...
mod is a generic name, basically means you're changing stats (for instance: lowering destructible rocks hp is an interesting borderline example: the gameplay remains unaltered but is expanded to new potential heights.. so it is changed, just not in the same way as a ums trigger rigged map would change the gameplay).
mod is like map or file or other... by the way I'm aware that they are a bunch of those "melee mod" out there, but in my view they're not identified in "layman's term' form"...


In europe there are alot of Melee Maps or somting like The Phantom Series that use Altered Melee as name or tag, I tought this could be where you're looking for but wasn't sure. So i added that i might be off bigtime. ^^.

Dank u, I'm looking for a cool name and all the names in general... every help counts...hope you guys didn't get too much snow!!
http://www.teamliquid.net/mirror/smilies/random-big.gif
FieldArmada
Profile Joined November 2010
18 Posts
December 15 2010 15:49 GMT
#291
How do you add the fog effects around the borders that many custom maps have? I can't find it anywhere in the editor...

Thanks in advance.
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
December 15 2010 16:15 GMT
#292
Data (F7) > Terrain Texture Sets >

Select used Texture Set

Go to the Fog options and play around with it.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
OMGLoki
Profile Joined August 2010
14 Posts
December 16 2010 14:12 GMT
#293
Where can I get the Christmas Map Pack ?
Oliwoli
Profile Joined November 2008
United Kingdom69 Posts
December 16 2010 14:36 GMT
#294
I'm working on a map where units spend a lot of time in the empty "space" terrain of the space platform tilesets. For some reason the vision radius of flying units is a few tiles below the actual unit model, even with their height set to 0. Is there any way to move the vision radius?

I've also tried setting unit heights to negative numbers, which works to correct the problem, but also leaves units travelling to slightly below to point you tell them to go to, a fix to either problem would be fantastic.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
December 17 2010 06:10 GMT
#295
I searched this but couldn't find an answer...


I remember back in Beta, in order for you to be able to host a game and open to public, it had to be unlocked. However this meant that people could also download your map and edit it and/or reupload it as their own, or edit it without permission, or etc.

Did they ever fix this?
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Knee
Profile Joined July 2010
73 Posts
December 17 2010 06:16 GMT
#296
Is blizzard ever planning on releasing new maps? I don't really like the current map pool.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
December 17 2010 06:39 GMT
#297
Same here.

However once chat channels come out it should be much easier to play on fan-made melee maps (many of which own Blizzard maps), especially if you don't have many active friends or friends that want to play on them xD

I haven't seen any news of new maps though. I'm hoping that, however, once the balance patch comes in (and the full 1.2 patch comes out) they will have new maps with the start of the official GSL season. But I doubt it =/

Although I'm sure they know they have to make new (and better) maps sometime, but it probably won't be soon.
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
December 17 2010 16:54 GMT
#298
On December 17 2010 15:16 Knee wrote:
Is blizzard ever planning on releasing new maps? I don't really like the current map pool.

They have been and will continue to do so.
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
December 17 2010 16:56 GMT
#299
Is there a way to change the radius of the xel naga watchtowers? i want it to be a little smaller.
And is it possible to change the hp of destructable debri?
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 17 2010 17:03 GMT
#300
No and yes, respectively. Although, every time i've changed the hp its gone to custom settings, it is possible to do so in melee mode (I'm just not sure how - data editor isn't my greatest strength ^^)
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 194
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 566
NaDa 47
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 669
Other Games
summit1g10181
WinterStarcraft367
Mew2King98
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1325
BasetradeTV326
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• davetesta45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush756
• Lourlo521
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 52m
INu's Battles
8h 52m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 52m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 52m
Replay Cast
19h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.