• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:48
CEST 05:48
KST 12:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9490 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 182 Next
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-18 06:45:14
December 17 2010 20:21 GMT
#301
edit: found it
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
December 19 2010 02:15 GMT
#302
On December 17 2010 15:10 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
I searched this but couldn't find an answer...


I remember back in Beta, in order for you to be able to host a game and open to public, it had to be unlocked. However this meant that people could also download your map and edit it and/or reupload it as their own, or edit it without permission, or etc.

Did they ever fix this?

Yes


On December 18 2010 01:56 WniO wrote:
Is there a way to change the radius of the xel naga watchtowers? i want it to be a little smaller.
And is it possible to change the hp of destructable debri?

Everything's possible with the data editor >.>

Changing the radius is not a problem, the thing I needed a long time to figure out is how to change it and keep the XNT model. Not that hard though if you know how to. If you need any further help with that just tell me.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
kenxftw
Profile Joined December 2010
10 Posts
December 19 2010 04:05 GMT
#303
I've got a few simple questions:

1. How do I make a unit unclickable?
2. How do I make the camera turn black?
3. How do I limit where players can move there camera? Is there any way to make the minimap locked to the same spot, like they can't see the whole map, but just the spot that was limited?

Thanks, hopefully I explaiend it well enough :D
BuuGhost
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands340 Posts
December 19 2010 22:53 GMT
#304
On December 19 2010 13:05 kenxftw wrote:
I've got a few simple questions:

1. How do I make a unit unclickable?
2. How do I make the camera turn black?
3. How do I limit where players can move there camera? Is there any way to make the minimap locked to the same spot, like they can't see the whole map, but just the spot that was limited?

Thanks, hopefully I explaiend it well enough :D


1. I can't describe it perfectly, But in the data editor, look up the unit and find it's Flags and deselect clickable,
2. I'm not sure what you mean by this.
3. I am not exactly sure about this as in if you want to make minigames with alot of maps and one vote will win and then you go into one small screen, But i can answer that if you go to Map Settings > Map Borders you can adjust the maximum player visibility.

But as i said, If your making a multi map minigame thing, I can't help you there.
"Kinda like this thing but there’s something you should know, I just came to say hello."
s_86
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States191 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-05 03:29:45
December 19 2010 23:02 GMT
#305
TheMunkey
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada470 Posts
December 20 2010 19:02 GMT
#306
On December 20 2010 08:02 s_86 wrote:
Sorry this isn't a 'custom map' question, but I didn't want to start a new thread.
What are these icons? I got this pic off of Huk's stream, but I see it on the GSL stream too. Is this on all Korean SC2 clients?
[image loading]


Those icons are warnings about drugs, mature rating and other stuff required by korean law.
Never give up
Enyalus
Profile Joined September 2010
United States135 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-21 06:17:40
December 21 2010 06:07 GMT
#307
Does anyone know how to make a map 'Custom' type (as in the category) as opposed to 'Melee' type?

When I go to Map > Map Loading Screen, and set it from Melee to Custom, it tells me it's now a custom map. But when I publish it to play, it's still Melee, Co-Op vs AI. So the editor lied to me.

Sorry if this has been asked. I scanned the first six pages...
baskerville
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
541 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-27 12:53:17
December 21 2010 09:55 GMT
#308
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 21 2010 15:07 Enyalus wrote:
Does anyone know how to make a map 'Custom' type (as in the category) as opposed to 'Melee' type?

When I go to Map > Map Loading Screen, and set it from Melee to Custom, it tells me it's now a custom map. But when I publish it to play, it's still Melee, Co-Op vs AI. So the editor lied to me.

Sorry if this has been asked. I scanned the first six pages...


@Enyalus:
I've tried tinkering and I suppose game variants is where it's at:
(don't mind the blur, you'll find it)
[image loading]

then define your custom variant by untoggling the "use default"

[image loading]
[image loading]
add anew one
[image loading]

I'm still stuck on how many possible default data you have to contend with to make it work perfectly tho... the teams are in map/player team blabla, but it keeps bugging in the lobby, oh well ...
glhf
http://www.teamliquid.net/mirror/smilies/random-big.gif
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
December 21 2010 10:32 GMT
#309
--- Nuked ---
baskerville
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
541 Posts
December 21 2010 12:58 GMT
#310
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 21 2010 19:32 Barrin wrote:
Those images are very blurry and they hurt my eyes Just lettin' ya know :O


tlbot: "pictures are too big"
Barrin: 'pictures are too smal"

the "where is game variant" point gets across fine thank you
http://www.teamliquid.net/mirror/smilies/random-big.gif
(Spiff)
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada82 Posts
December 22 2010 05:55 GMT
#311
Ive been lurking around TL for quite some time now but finally decided to make an account a while ago.

I have been working on a 1v1 melee map for quite some time now and i would like some feedback on what people think of it, but i dont know where i would post such a thing or would i have to start a thread? if so, how do i make a thread? ty for any help :D
Now, everyone in my house watches GSL. GO eSports :D
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 22 2010 07:07 GMT
#312
On December 22 2010 14:55 (Spiff) wrote:
Ive been lurking around TL for quite some time now but finally decided to make an account a while ago.

I have been working on a 1v1 melee map for quite some time now and i would like some feedback on what people think of it, but i dont know where i would post such a thing or would i have to start a thread? if so, how do i make a thread? ty for any help :D

I suggest reading the map forum guidelines
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
December 22 2010 16:31 GMT
#313
how do you find people available and willing to play on these maps. wouldnt it make sense to have a thread à la practice partner thread, listing all people interested in playing on decent maps?
baskerville
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
541 Posts
December 22 2010 16:58 GMT
#314
Barrin 's thread has the floor right now, or you can create a specific "test this map with me" thread (you'll help everyone concerned with said particular map).
http://www.teamliquid.net/mirror/smilies/random-big.gif
(Spiff)
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada82 Posts
December 23 2010 04:13 GMT
#315
So i went and did everything. but in my topic "preview" page, when i go to look at the map images, they are cut off at about half for some reason.
[image loading]
Any help to fix this? Or will it just fix itself when i post?
Now, everyone in my house watches GSL. GO eSports :D
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
December 23 2010 04:33 GMT
#316
Profile --> Edit Profile --> Resize large images that distort the layout: --> Tick
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
December 23 2010 08:00 GMT
#317
I made my first map last few days (will make a topic as soon as I can make a banner). When I testrun it vs a computer, everything is fine. Yesterday I tried running it with a friend because you know, computer opponents arent the best mapcritiques.

However when I started the game, as soon as the game loaded either me or my opponent got insta dropped.

What would be able to cause that problem? I mean its a good map for easy wins now, but I want to play it for real

Tnx in advance
KCCO!
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 23 2010 08:10 GMT
#318
Hmm... check the player's settings. Make sure two are set to Human.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Shankapotamus
Profile Joined May 2010
United States428 Posts
December 23 2010 10:25 GMT
#319
what angle do i make the rally points for my scouting worker so that when it turns, it doesnt get hit by the enemy worker following it?
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 23 2010 12:45 GMT
#320
On December 23 2010 19:25 Shankapotamus wrote:
what angle do i make the rally points for my scouting worker so that when it turns, it doesnt get hit by the enemy worker following it?

This doesn't belong under mapping at all. Think about your posts.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 197
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 568
NaDa 58
Leta 29
Larva 27
TT1 15
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm201
League of Legends
JimRising 703
Other Games
summit1g10182
WinterStarcraft409
Mew2King112
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1390
BasetradeTV266
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream142
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1050
• Lourlo768
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 12m
INu's Battles
8h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 12m
Replay Cast
19h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.