• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:48
CEST 05:48
KST 12:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9470 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 182 Next
kenxftw
Profile Joined December 2010
10 Posts
December 24 2010 23:44 GMT
#321
I can change the model of my Command Center using the Data Editor. However, when melee units attack my super large command center, it has to walk in the very center of it to attack. How do I make it so that units attack my super large command center normally
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 24 2010 23:49 GMT
#322
change the actor radius - should help
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
December 25 2010 00:00 GMT
#323
On December 25 2010 08:49 iGrok wrote:
change the actor radius - should help

You'll need to change the unit's footprint as well I think o_o
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 25 2010 00:02 GMT
#324
On December 25 2010 09:00 prodiG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2010 08:49 iGrok wrote:
change the actor radius - should help

You'll need to change the unit's footprint as well I think o_o

You are correct. So much for answering from memory
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
baskerville
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
541 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-26 12:50:10
December 26 2010 12:49 GMT
#325
Has anyone produced "black fog" maps?
How come this lost feature is not argued over...?
+ Show Spoiler +
I send a mod a pm about it before posting a thread, and got ignored... I must be thick cause I can't find the "mass" amount of threads he was referring to when he closed the last thread about it: map revealed vs black fog thread...

I hate to get my threads closed almost as much as getting banned, so... I'll blabber about it here:

I think blizz got rid of this because of marketing to new players...
I think old players have not stressed enough the fact that it ruins some issues ingame...
For one, I loved being able to watch replays with that function, so nice and clear to get what happened in the early game... it's "technically" superior and graphically more involving for players and viewers alike!

Finally I must admit, since the "grayed out tainted discovered map does simplify the game... I DON T LIKE BEING UNDERESTIMATED by blizz+ Show Spoiler +
or anyone for that matter.


So...how about it guys?
+ Show Spoiler +
0h and it'd be my pleasure to read previous threads, if I could locate them... all I could find were fog of war issues (which are nice but off topic)
http://www.teamliquid.net/mirror/smilies/random-big.gif
baskerville
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
541 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-28 06:06:00
December 27 2010 11:47 GMT
#326
Well then, ..what's the expiration date on a post in this thread?
http://www.teamliquid.net/mirror/smilies/random-big.gif
Pogo54321
Profile Joined December 2010
France10 Posts
December 28 2010 15:47 GMT
#327
Any Terran micro training map around ?
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 28 2010 15:55 GMT
#328
The search box says... actually why don't you search 'micro' and look at the first few that pop up. One of them is bound to be it.

(i'll give you a hint - qxc made some good ones for terran ^^)
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Reptilia
Profile Joined June 2010
Chile913 Posts
December 28 2010 18:49 GMT
#329
[image loading]
How do you make that graphics on the ramp and the white border of the "road"
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
December 28 2010 19:02 GMT
#330
Tehy're called decals. Put one down, right click it and go through from 1 to 40 or whatever.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
slith
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany165 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-28 19:33:50
December 28 2010 19:30 GMT
#331
How to add GT AI (or any other AI) scripts to a custom made map? I tried doing it like this, but it does not seem to work. Even when extracting the AI files out of maps where it works, as I suspected old versions. (used "Lost Temple GT AI 1.6.x" that shows up in create game search).

Game does start, but with vanilla Blizzard AI. Used Single Player and Multiplayer create game and tried out every game mode option.
When in doubt, empty your magazine.
Doz
Profile Joined July 2010
United States145 Posts
December 28 2010 22:52 GMT
#332
I have an issue with a current map I'm working on. It's intended to be a simple melee map, 4 starting locations, no triggers or arbitrary units floating around, and under the map->map status menu it is described as being a melee map, yet when I upload it and try to use it through the game it is being listed as custom. Can't add other players or computers or anything. I did use command centers in order to properly place minerals/vespene, but those have all been deleted. The player properties are all set to default. I do have some no-pathing spots laid down but I've used those in other maps as well. Every single setting is laid out exactly as I have used with numerous other maps, but this one just won't upload properly.

Am I missing something else?
Check out my map thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=192306
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
December 29 2010 00:32 GMT
#333
Kinda hard to analyze without really seeing it. If I got it right you already uploaded other melee maps sucessfully and everything worked there. If that's the case I can't really help without seeing the file.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
funcmode
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia720 Posts
December 29 2010 01:16 GMT
#334
On December 29 2010 07:52 Doz wrote:
I have an issue with a current map I'm working on. It's intended to be a simple melee map, 4 starting locations, no triggers or arbitrary units floating around, and under the map->map status menu it is described as being a melee map, yet when I upload it and try to use it through the game it is being listed as custom. Can't add other players or computers or anything. I did use command centers in order to properly place minerals/vespene, but those have all been deleted. The player properties are all set to default. I do have some no-pathing spots laid down but I've used those in other maps as well. Every single setting is laid out exactly as I have used with numerous other maps, but this one just won't upload properly.

Am I missing something else?

Try going to map > game variants > tick use default variants.

You may want to go through practically all of the things under "map" - lots of key settings in there like player properties (removing hostile control) and team placement, etc.
@funcmode - TPW Mapmaking Team - theplanetaryworkshop.com
baskerville
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
541 Posts
December 29 2010 12:14 GMT
#335
On December 29 2010 07:52 Doz wrote:
I have an issue with a current map I'm working on. It's intended to be a simple melee map, 4 starting locations, no triggers or arbitrary units floating around, and under the map->map status menu it is described as being a melee map, yet when I upload it and try to use it through the game it is being listed as custom. Can't add other players or computers or anything. I did use command centers in order to properly place minerals/vespene, but those have all been deleted. The player properties are all set to default. I do have some no-pathing spots laid down but I've used those in other maps as well. Every single setting is laid out exactly as I have used with numerous other maps, but this one just won't upload properly.

Am I missing something else?


There is a dialog box that will appear whenever you are making a status change to your map.
Somewhere in it's history, it says exactly why your map was labeled as custom...

Have you tried playing it as custom in the lobby?

Many things might be the cause of this: any variation will in fact do this.. custom does not hinder the melee mode... for instance variations on the hp or size of destructible rocks will make your map a custom map... and it will still retain its melee mode abilities.

Have you set the players as USER(s) in player properties? That would seem to be the problem if you can't add other players or an ai.
http://www.teamliquid.net/mirror/smilies/random-big.gif
baskerville
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
541 Posts
December 29 2010 12:15 GMT
#336
On December 29 2010 04:02 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Tehy're called decals. Put one down, right click it and go through from 1 to 40 or whatever.


+ Show Spoiler +
oh, so you also get bored and sort of feel like being helpfull sometimes?
http://www.teamliquid.net/mirror/smilies/random-big.gif
Kazam
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia21 Posts
December 29 2010 12:49 GMT
#337
how do you raise the supple cap above 200?
it is called Starc Raft Tew, not StarCraft 2...
baskerville
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
541 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-30 03:04:16
December 29 2010 14:15 GMT
#338
Why does tl not have a RANDOM profile setting?
+ Show Spoiler +
who should I ask?


@Kazam: I'm not sure yet but I doubt battlenet will accept any publishing of a map using it...!?
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 29 2010 21:49 Kazam wrote:
how do you raise the supple cap above 200?



@GenesiS: yes, if you have access to a map you can change all building build cost time, I came across an "allow cheat for player" for a general approach, but if your looking for a quick fix you've got the wrong galaxy in mind... good luck, pm me more specific stuff if you're really into it.... when I come across again I'll pm you
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 30 2010 08:42 SEA_GenesiS wrote:
Is it possible for someone to create a custom map with the SC2 cheat function in singleplayer? EG fast build?
http://www.teamliquid.net/mirror/smilies/random-big.gif
Doz
Profile Joined July 2010
United States145 Posts
December 29 2010 18:35 GMT
#339
On December 29 2010 21:14 baskerville wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2010 07:52 Doz wrote:
I have an issue with a current map I'm working on. It's intended to be a simple melee map, 4 starting locations, no triggers or arbitrary units floating around, and under the map->map status menu it is described as being a melee map, yet when I upload it and try to use it through the game it is being listed as custom. Can't add other players or computers or anything. I did use command centers in order to properly place minerals/vespene, but those have all been deleted. The player properties are all set to default. I do have some no-pathing spots laid down but I've used those in other maps as well. Every single setting is laid out exactly as I have used with numerous other maps, but this one just won't upload properly.

Am I missing something else?




Have you set the players as USER(s) in player properties? That would seem to be the problem if you can't add other players or an ai.


This

It's something I overlooked but was able to correct. <3 TL forum goers! Thanks a lot! I'll be posting the map with pics/descriptions later this evening.
Check out my map thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=192306
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-29 20:01:28
December 29 2010 19:50 GMT
#340
Im getting a very weird thing in my mapeditor now:

[image loading]

To the left how it used to be. Nice clean everything, raised areas are just normally raised and go down 90degree angle.
To the right how i see it now in my editor (since 2 days). There seems to be some sort of antialiassing there now. Its like the editor put some more stuff there to 'soften' it up.

However since im trying to texture it all, its not helping Does anyone know where this is comming from and how to fix it?

Tnx in advance


edit: ingame it looks how it should, seems to just be the editor...
KCCO!
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 197
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 568
NaDa 58
Leta 29
Larva 27
TT1 15
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm201
League of Legends
JimRising 703
Other Games
summit1g10182
WinterStarcraft409
Mew2King112
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1390
BasetradeTV266
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream142
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1050
• Lourlo768
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 12m
INu's Battles
8h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 12m
Replay Cast
19h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.