• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:21
CEST 15:21
KST 22:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9373 users

[Map] (4) Valhalla by prodiG

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Normal
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-29 05:39:56
July 27 2010 00:53 GMT
#1
[image loading]

I've lost count how many maps I've made or contributed towards. I think this is #7 or #8 At any rate, check out the rest of my projects here: [GE]prodiG's map thread!

I've decided to start naming all of my maps after awesome metal songs. This map is named Valhalla after "Valhalla Awaits Me" by Amon Amarth. The emblem in the center is Odin's Triple Horns.

\m/
Version 1.1
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [Additional Images] +

Version 1.0
CLICK FOR HIGH RESOLUTION PHOTO
[image loading]
High Resolution Angle
[image loading]

Texturing (mostly) complete
[image loading]

Beta version for testing purposes
[image loading]

Openness according to Map analyzer - this is the only image that cooperated :/
[image loading]

Original map sketch
[image loading]



Features
-Close natural expansion
-Mineral only 3rd
-Close 3rd expansion
-LOS blockers on one side of the 3rd expansion
-4th expansion also close by
-Plays like an aggressive macro map
-Odin's triple horns in the middle

+ Show Spoiler [Known issues and bugs] +

Trees around naturals may be a problem.


+ Show Spoiler [Changelog] +

Version 1.1
Fixed the 4th expansions so they can no longer siege into the natural.
Aesthetic changes



Check out my other maps!
Ground Xero

Impervious - Featured in Micro Macro 2

Fighting Spirit - Featured in a lot of tournaments

Neo Tornado - Featured in Micro Macro 2

Neo Metalopolis

Redemption

Match Point

View all of my projects here!


Post feedback! Will be published tomorrow!

Stay tuned for a big announcement later tonight
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3693 Posts
July 27 2010 01:29 GMT
#2
Really reminds me of Azalea, but the LoS blockers before your nat are really interesting, they add a nice bit of tension. Are you sure you don't want to have the 4th extended so that it can cliff the nat, or have it go high-low-high ground so that you can get reapers and colosi but not tanks or marauders.
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
WolleKK
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany12 Posts
July 27 2010 02:56 GMT
#3
Hey there,

this map really looks great!
But I think the second expansion (the mineral only) should a) be much better defendable or b) gold minerals. So you have a tough decision where to expand. Take the "normal" way or the power minerals/the easy to defend way.
dimfish
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States663 Posts
July 27 2010 03:00 GMT
#4
I like this map--its clean and a really great balance between big spaces and small ones. This is just the kind of map we need early in the game's to get a feel for strategies that don't necessarily work on Lost Temple. Great!
SC2Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2814 Posts
July 27 2010 03:22 GMT
#5
Ahhh was hoping for the old BW valhalla but nice map anyway. I dont see any issues with this Great work!
Who the fuck has a family of fucking trees? This song is so god damn stupid. Fuck you song, fuck you and your stupid trees. -itmeJP
R4ptur3d
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada206 Posts
July 27 2010 03:37 GMT
#6
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
July 27 2010 03:38 GMT
#7
On July 27 2010 11:56 WolleKK wrote:
Hey there,

this map really looks great!
But I think the second expansion (the mineral only) should a) be much better defendable or b) gold minerals. So you have a tough decision where to expand. Take the "normal" way or the power minerals/the easy to defend way.


I felt like gold minerals made this map simply too easy, and 4 gold bases on a single map is kindo f a lot.
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
WolleKK
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany12 Posts
July 27 2010 10:35 GMT
#8
On July 27 2010 12:38 prodiG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2010 11:56 WolleKK wrote:
Hey there,

this map really looks great!
But I think the second expansion (the mineral only) should a) be much better defendable or b) gold minerals. So you have a tough decision where to expand. Take the "normal" way or the power minerals/the easy to defend way.


I felt like gold minerals made this map simply too easy, and 4 gold bases on a single map is kindo f a lot.

That was my concern too
Maybe the concept isn't the very best, but in SC2 Blizzard always wants to make the player decisions. At this point of time your only decision is "do I get this expansion without the so needed gas or not?"
But hey, I never played a SC2 map with a mineral only, maybe it is a lot of fun Can't judge it
its.willo
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia14 Posts
July 27 2010 12:04 GMT
#9
Few notes. As a protoss player, I dislike the map, specifically against zerg as they can:
a) double expo
b) zerling runbys to prevent expo

the colossus could be used at the ledges, but the ledges aren't wide enough (hard to tell from the images) for the colossus to sit properly.

Good for TvZ in the respect that reaper harass is good. They can use the bunker and that can lock down two expos. Alternatively, the terran player could throw down a planetary fortress at the mineral only expo and just about prevent any runbys.

In general, it's good for zerg as the expansions are soo tightly packed, it'll be a nightmare for other races to just keep up. Perhaps some towers on the ledges and wider ledges could make the map more balanced.

All in all, it's a very well thought out map. Quite a lot of bases, which may influence the style of games played on this map, but it's an interesting design and looks like fun to play on. Congrats.
nothing ventured, nothing gained.
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
July 27 2010 14:38 GMT
#10
On July 27 2010 21:04 its.willo wrote:
Few notes. As a protoss player, I dislike the map, specifically against zerg as they can:
a) double expo
b) zerling runbys to prevent expo

the colossus could be used at the ledges, but the ledges aren't wide enough (hard to tell from the images) for the colossus to sit properly.

Good for TvZ in the respect that reaper harass is good. They can use the bunker and that can lock down two expos. Alternatively, the terran player could throw down a planetary fortress at the mineral only expo and just about prevent any runbys.

In general, it's good for zerg as the expansions are soo tightly packed, it'll be a nightmare for other races to just keep up. Perhaps some towers on the ledges and wider ledges could make the map more balanced.

All in all, it's a very well thought out map. Quite a lot of bases, which may influence the style of games played on this map, but it's an interesting design and looks like fun to play on. Congrats.

The ledges are wide enough. And if you're worried about zergling runbys, why don't you make a pylon simcity? That sort of this is blocked fairly easily.

As for towers, there aren't any positions on the map where the towers would influence gameplay in a way that would keep it interesting. It'd only be essentially a crutch for bad scouting rather than a key point that a player wants to control throughout the game.

The rush distance on this map is fairly small for a 4 player map. If you see a zerg double expanding, you shouldn't let him simply get away with it.
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Reptilia
Profile Joined June 2010
Chile913 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-27 21:18:18
July 27 2010 21:16 GMT
#11
it is really an amazing map.
i hope you can NOT shoot with tanks to the minerals from 4th expo to natural
oh and maybe an addition of 1 xel'naga in the center would be a good idea

oh and according to the youtube video its valhall not valhalla (it says he was wrong in the title)

but anyways, its a really good map
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
alphafuzard
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1610 Posts
July 27 2010 21:40 GMT
#12
cool map but i thought it would be a port of hall of valhalla
more weight
indczn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States18 Posts
July 27 2010 22:05 GMT
#13
On July 28 2010 06:40 alphafuzard wrote:
cool map but i thought it would be a port of hall of valhalla


Same here. Liked that map even though it probably wasn't the most balanced thing.
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
July 27 2010 22:29 GMT
#14
On July 28 2010 06:16 spawned99 wrote:
it is really an amazing map.
i hope you can NOT shoot with tanks to the minerals from 4th expo to natural
oh and maybe an addition of 1 xel'naga in the center would be a good idea

oh and according to the youtube video its valhall not valhalla (it says he was wrong in the title)

but anyways, its a really good map

in ancient norse crazy language it's called valhall which means halls of the gods or something like that i don't remember exactly, you can google all about it

You shouldn't be able to tank naturals from the 4th, and if you can then I'll be fixing it.

This is something I'll be testing ASAP
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
July 28 2010 02:17 GMT
#15
Bump: map is published under "iCCup Valhalla" on US.
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
SubtleArt
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
2710 Posts
July 28 2010 03:06 GMT
#16
Why do almost all maps have an obnoxious cliff over the natural?
Morrow on ZvP: "I'm not very confident in general vs Protoss because of the imbalance (Yes its imbalanced, get over it)."
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
July 28 2010 03:51 GMT
#17
On July 28 2010 12:06 SubtleArt wrote:
Why do almost all maps have an obnoxious cliff over the natural?

it's just a space filler, you can't do anything there.

[image loading]
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
its.willo
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia14 Posts
July 28 2010 11:20 GMT
#18
On July 27 2010 23:38 prodiG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2010 21:04 its.willo wrote:
Few notes. As a protoss player, I dislike the map, specifically against zerg as they can:
a) double expo
b) zerling runbys to prevent expo

the colossus could be used at the ledges, but the ledges aren't wide enough (hard to tell from the images) for the colossus to sit properly.

Good for TvZ in the respect that reaper harass is good. They can use the bunker and that can lock down two expos. Alternatively, the terran player could throw down a planetary fortress at the mineral only expo and just about prevent any runbys.

In general, it's good for zerg as the expansions are soo tightly packed, it'll be a nightmare for other races to just keep up. Perhaps some towers on the ledges and wider ledges could make the map more balanced.

All in all, it's a very well thought out map. Quite a lot of bases, which may influence the style of games played on this map, but it's an interesting design and looks like fun to play on. Congrats.

The ledges are wide enough. And if you're worried about zergling runbys, why don't you make a pylon simcity? That sort of this is blocked fairly easily.

As for towers, there aren't any positions on the map where the towers would influence gameplay in a way that would keep it interesting. It'd only be essentially a crutch for bad scouting rather than a key point that a player wants to control throughout the game.

The rush distance on this map is fairly small for a 4 player map. If you see a zerg double expanding, you shouldn't let him simply get away with it.


I can see where you're coming from. I'd like to try this out in a real game I look forward to playing on it.
nothing ventured, nothing gained.
SubtleArt
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
2710 Posts
July 28 2010 12:48 GMT
#19
On July 28 2010 12:51 prodiG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2010 12:06 SubtleArt wrote:
Why do almost all maps have an obnoxious cliff over the natural?

it's just a space filler, you can't do anything there.

[image loading]


You can make it a cliff or something. Cliffs like that just scream "drop something here and be a faggot"
Morrow on ZvP: "I'm not very confident in general vs Protoss because of the imbalance (Yes its imbalanced, get over it)."
gerundium
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands786 Posts
July 28 2010 13:40 GMT
#20
Just a question, have you published your maps on EU as well? Your maps look awesome but i have not seen them on the EU server.
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
July 28 2010 14:05 GMT
#21
On July 28 2010 22:40 gerundium wrote:
Just a question, have you published your maps on EU as well? Your maps look awesome but i have not seen them on the EU server.

I will be looking into getting them on EU once theyve been thoroughly tested.

On July 28 2010 21:48 SubtleArt wrote:

You can make it a cliff or something. Cliffs like that just scream "drop something here and be a faggot"

Its covered in trees to make it blatantly obvious that there's no room for gimmicks like that.
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Win.win
Profile Joined March 2010
United States230 Posts
July 28 2010 14:32 GMT
#22
was expecting to see the bw map hall of valhalla. map looks pretty good. not sure how the mineral 3rd would play out
SC2 Team Inflow: http://inflowgaming.net/
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
July 28 2010 17:06 GMT
#23
In version 1.0 Terrans could seige about 15% of the natural from the 4th expansion. This has been fixed in version 1.1, the 4th expansions are now slightly smaller. Also in 1.1 is some more doodads and texture work. 1.1 be up tonight once I've finished the changes I started this morning.
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
R4ptur3d
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada206 Posts
July 28 2010 19:38 GMT
#24
Considering I'm getting Prodig extra SC2 accounts so he can facking publish his stuff, He will probably register an account Under EU and maybe even Asia if he wants to be a baller.
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
July 28 2010 20:05 GMT
#25
On July 29 2010 04:38 R4ptur3d wrote:
Considering I'm getting Prodig extra SC2 accounts so he can facking publish his stuff, He will probably register an account Under EU and maybe even Asia if he wants to be a baller.

I don't know if US keys work on EU or Asia. Can anyone confirm? :>
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
R4ptur3d
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada206 Posts
July 28 2010 20:37 GMT
#26
On July 29 2010 05:05 prodiG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2010 04:38 R4ptur3d wrote:
Considering I'm getting Prodig extra SC2 accounts so he can facking publish his stuff, He will probably register an account Under EU and maybe even Asia if he wants to be a baller.

I don't know if US keys work on EU or Asia. Can anyone confirm? :>



Im pretty sure you can choose the region you want on the account.
Valhalla44
Profile Joined May 2010
Bosnia-Herzegovina983 Posts
July 28 2010 20:53 GMT
#27
anyways gj on the map.
I like the map construction and not by its name ^^ :=)
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-28 22:56:06
July 28 2010 22:55 GMT
#28
Hardcore macro map, I like it.
I'd detail it more though. (the middle thing is hard to see as well)
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
July 31 2010 00:59 GMT
#29
On July 29 2010 07:55 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Hardcore macro map, I like it.
I'd detail it more though. (the middle thing is hard to see as well)

It's been touched up a little in the latest version. I didn't want it to stand out too much, I wanted it to look relatively natural.

The majority of the details that I can do with this map are trees and various foliage touches, which you can only get a good look at in-game.
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
July 31 2010 14:44 GMT
#30
So how exactly does one download this map, and plays custom games on it? I read about how you should download it, publish it with map editor, and then find it in your recent published games in game, but the problem is if I do that, it will show me as a creator of the map, and not prodiG, and I really don't want that.

Map looks sweet, would like to play it, but I'm hoping there's a better way of getting new custom maps and playing with my friends on them?
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
July 31 2010 20:56 GMT
#31
On July 31 2010 23:44 Odoakar wrote:
So how exactly does one download this map, and plays custom games on it? I read about how you should download it, publish it with map editor, and then find it in your recent published games in game, but the problem is if I do that, it will show me as a creator of the map, and not prodiG, and I really don't want that.

Map looks sweet, would like to play it, but I'm hoping there's a better way of getting new custom maps and playing with my friends on them?

Only the map creator ever publishes the map, you can't download this one. All you have to do is go in-game, create custom game, in popular search "iCCup"
You'll find it there.
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-01 17:45:55
August 01 2010 15:44 GMT
#32
Hmmm, I tried that but it showed just one map, and it's not Valhalla. Forgot the name of the map I played, it's a bit similar to this one, but not that good.

Oh and I'm on EU servers if that holds any significance.
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-01 16:00:45
August 01 2010 16:00 GMT
#33
Hmmm, I tried that but it showed just one map, and it's not Valhalla. Forgot the name of the map I played, it's a bit similar to this one, but not that good.

Oh and I'm on EU servers if that holds and significance.


I believe Valhalla is only published on the US servers right now because that's where prodiG is.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
August 02 2010 19:15 GMT
#34
Yeah, that makes sense. Well, hopefully it will come to EU servers eventually.

prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
August 02 2010 19:26 GMT
#35
On August 03 2010 04:15 Odoakar wrote:
Yeah, that makes sense. Well, hopefully it will come to EU servers eventually.


I will look into having it on EU after the iCCup map series so I can fix any bugs. I do not want to have to fix a bug later on, and then deal with updating the loadscreen and organizing to have it published on all of the servers. It's much simpler to have it all done with in one fell swoop.
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
kickinhead
Profile Joined December 2008
Switzerland2069 Posts
September 03 2010 10:01 GMT
#36
mhmm... I really don't think we need another Map with a wide-open Natural.... :S

I also think Non-Gas-Expansions won't really be used at all in SC2 in most of the MU's - maybe put at least one Geysir at those Expansions that currently have none?

But besides those two aspects, it's a pretty balanced Map I think. The Natural isn't too far away from the Main, so Zerg doesn't have problems connecting the bases, which is a good thing and is neglected by some Mapmakers a bit in those new Maps.

I also like the fact that the Map allows flanking or attacking the Natural from different angles.
https://soundcloud.com/thesamplethief
Niji87
Profile Joined September 2008
United States112 Posts
September 03 2010 10:46 GMT
#37
I absolutely love this map, along with Devotion. Don't add in a tower or any gold minerals. I love it just how it is. The fix to prevent gimmicky siege play on naturals is definitely nice, especially since a Siege/PF combo at the mineral only would be so powerful as it stands already.

Keep the good stuff rolling prodiG.

=3
I am not very good at playing StarCraft.
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
September 03 2010 12:07 GMT
#38
After some playing, I find that this map is too crowded in expansions. Because tanks have such long range, once you have your natural defended, it takes around 2 more tanks leapfrogged just a tad further and your mineral only is completely defended as well. It really is a bit too close. Additionally, your third gas is not much further away either. If you can defend those four positions, which is quite simple, then it becomes hard for your opponent to break through.
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
September 03 2010 12:36 GMT
#39
ahhhhh I was expecting a remake of Hall of Valhalla

Still a cool looking map.Probably good for 1v1 but I don't want to 2v2 on it
n_n
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
October 07 2010 06:14 GMT
#40
CONGRATS PRODIG!!!

Vahalla deserves that award. It's been the most consistent map in the iCCup map pool by far.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
October 07 2010 06:32 GMT
#41
On October 07 2010 15:14 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
CONGRATS PRODIG!!!

Vahalla deserves that award. It's been the most consistent map in the iCCup map pool by far.

Thanks Diamond! I'm really happy about it ^_^
excellent bump!
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
dimfish
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States663 Posts
October 07 2010 06:35 GMT
#42
Wow, congratulations prodiG! Ha, you should've bumped! At least throw a little "medal" on the OP or something.
baskerville
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
541 Posts
November 10 2010 11:16 GMT
#43
realy possibly my favorite
for what thats worth
just think you should free up with the textures, they work as a scrambling effect on the player
for instance, you should not make all pathways so easily scannable for the player
it adds to the drama
http://www.teamliquid.net/mirror/smilies/random-big.gif
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
November 10 2010 19:37 GMT
#44
On November 10 2010 20:16 baskerville wrote:
realy possibly my favorite
for what thats worth
just think you should free up with the textures, they work as a scrambling effect on the player
for instance, you should not make all pathways so easily scannable for the player
it adds to the drama

The pathways are easily scannable because I wanted the map to be easy to understand. I created this map when custom maps were accepted by the community even less than they are now so that aspect was crucial in its design.
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
March 21 2011 12:53 GMT
#45
I never really liked this map that much (boring Jungle textures and the old mineral only I didn't like). But since Saturday's Justin.tv Invitational I think otherwise. Maybe that has to do with Socke picking that map vs Brat_Ok, Cloud and some other terran and winning at it ^^

Anyway, first of all the version on EU is outdated and still has mineral only without the gas.
And then I saw two concerning things when watching replays yesterday:

+ Show Spoiler [Bunker at natural] +

First thing is the Bunker position for Bunker pressure in TvZ on Zerg's natural, especially if Terran spawns clockwise from Zerg. I think then the Bunker behind the minerals is just too good. Rush distance are not very long and you can easily reinforce the Bunker when spawning clockwise from Zerg as I said.
Also the possible Bunker positions differ quite a lot depending on the spawning position. I know that this might be a problem with mineral patches being 2x1 sized, but considering that 2 rax Bunker pressure is the most important TvZ opening you should try to fix this.

Pictures:
+ Show Spoiler [Pictures] +


5o'clock - no space for Bunker behind mineral line
[image loading]
2o'clock - space for a Marine/SCV behind Bunker
[image loading]
7o'clock - space for a Marine/SCV behind Bunker
[image loading]
11o'clock - no space for Marine/SCV behind Bunker
[image loading]



+ Show Spoiler [Natural wall-off] +

Second thing is the wall-off of the path to the natural with the LOS blockers.
At the 5o'clock position I could wall off with 2 ebays+a depot but at every other position I had to use 3 ebays.
+ Show Spoiler [Pictures] +

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]



Thx for reading
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
March 25 2011 14:51 GMT
#46
Thanks for messaging me about these issues, I'll look into them this weekend. It's been awhile since I've given this map any love ;D
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 278
ComeBackTV 146
SteadfastSC127
Rex110
CosmosSc2 36
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
SteadfastSC 127
Rex 110
CosmosSc2 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52195
Hyuk 1559
firebathero 1129
Jaedong 987
Soma 467
Horang2 405
Soulkey 393
EffOrt 388
BeSt 388
Mini 363
[ Show more ]
Stork 339
actioN 316
Last 307
Light 281
Zeus 252
ggaemo 252
Larva 222
910 157
Rush 147
Snow 136
ZerO 114
Killer 79
Mind 72
Pusan 69
Shine 53
Creator 48
hero 41
Free 37
Sharp 37
Shinee 34
Yoon 33
Bale 26
JYJ 25
ToSsGirL 23
sorry 19
Terrorterran 15
Noble 14
yabsab 13
HiyA 13
Sacsri 8
Icarus 7
Rock 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10324
Dendi781
Counter-Strike
markeloff128
edward21
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1712
crisheroes1534
Other Games
gofns43352
singsing2085
olofmeister1347
B2W.Neo767
hiko448
byalli328
XBOCT292
Pyrionflax259
DeMusliM220
Liquid`VortiX84
ArmadaUGS66
Mew2King64
QueenE37
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1727
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream123
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH360
• StrangeGG 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1535
• Nemesis646
Other Games
• WagamamaTV187
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
20h 40m
OSC
23h 40m
Stellar Fest
23h 40m
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 23h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.