• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:31
CEST 04:31
KST 11:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7121 users

Liquibition #29 - Delayed!

Forum Index > News
394 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 18 19 20 Next All

Liquibition #29 - Delayed!

Text byPlexa
March 21st, 2009 09:33 GMT
[image loading]

Update: 24/03/09
A 30 minute lag test was played yesterday and there were no complaints from either side. Series will go on as planned.
Yauyuan uploaded replay of game 2 here


There are times when things just never go the way they do no matter how hard you try to ensure things go smoothly. Indeed, this week was one of those times. After last episode's lag issues between Strelok and F91, we took every precaution possible between F91 and Nony to ensure that there would be no lag. The two tested their connections with each other earlier on in the week and there was no lag, thus everyone thought things would run smoothly today.

Well, it turns out that even with testing Chinese Internet can't be consistently good. Nony and F91 tried to play out the series but it was aborted prematurely due to lag issues. Here is what Nony had to say about the series
Liquid`NonY wrote:
lag is too bad. he nearly dropped in first game with high latency. 2nd game i move shuttle before scourge hits, no response in time. i cast storm on mutas, no storm before death. i tell shuttle to pick up reaver, too late. all his moves are just send units in to attack and hope i dont respond fast enough. i cant stand being fast enough and having it not pay off, so reschedule.

Here is what F91's manager, Ash, had to say;
On March 21 2009 20:03 Ash wrote:
I can see a lot of people flaming me for what I'm gonna say given the amount of nony fans there are in TL.net but I'm still going to write my point of view of this whole event. Please read carefully what I'm going to say instead of flaming me blindly

So this is what happened:

Over the past few days, I've been asking nony to do lag test with f91 just to ensure things go fine but everytime I msg him in MSN when he is available(available mode in msn) I get 0 responses but I still see him posting in TL.net at that particular time. The message usually goes like this " Hello nony! please let me know when you're back and tell me if you will be available to try out the connection with f91" Fine, I didn't mind about it because I was confident with the connection of china and USA due to the amount of games the fnatic players have played against americans in the past so I knew any problems can be easily solved (IF there is any).

After a few days of requesting, I finally get a reply from Nony on wednesday to try it out. Both of them tried it once in iCCup and nony said speed was fine then left the server. As soon as I see that I told plexa about the good condition and setup a date for nony to play against f91 which is Friday 20CET.

On Friday, Nony showed up and went ahead to play against F91 (there wasn't any tl admins around so we had to deal things ourselves) After the first game , F91 was up 1-0 and then nony complained in channel that there was lag in F91 . I was kinda surprised when I saw it since they didn't have any problems 2 days ago so I asked F91 to reconnect. Five minutes later, the series continued with me joining as an obs. Surprisingly it was fine in iCCup low latency. A few minutes later, spikes happened every once in 2-3 minutes which I ended up leaving the game. Not long after, Nony came out from the game saying something like " fuck it i shouldn't have agreed to play chinese players in the first place. reschedule if you want" and left immediately which obviously showed that he has lost the second game as well. Dude this guy did not even bother to switch the latency to high/extra high and complained about lag? Whats more ridiculous is he told me that he is a professional player and he expects the games to be played in LAN speed. Everyone who plays iCCup regularly would know that lan high latency is definitely playable even for high level games. How many koreans in iCCup have you seen leaving your game because they cant play in low latency???

Hence, I'd like you guys to reconsider if you still think nony has the real sportmanship. I had a lot of respect for nony before this when he went to korea , heck I would even consider myself as a nony fan but sadly now after what has happened i think he's not as mannered as most people would consider him to be afterall. Draco vs Nony TSL 1 year ago anyone??

seriously how can you actually expect a LAN speed game connecting from America to China? You should've been more than happy provided that you're able to play in high latency game in iccup without lag. I can't imagine how he'd talk if he had to play f91 in a situation like how strelok played f91. (Chinese can barely have a perfect connection with Ukr unless they were to play in battle net speed) which is why the respect I have for strelok now is even more. This is what nony has expected and he said he'd refuse to play in any other possible environment because he is a professional player and he plays only in "professional" speed. uh wtf? Give f91 a flight ticket so they could play in an internet cafe maybe?

1. Nony wants low latency speed in iCCup with 0 lag 0 spike 0 latency.
2. Nony refuses to play on high latency in iCCup even if there is no lag because he thinks as a professional player, the difference of response time like 0.005 sec?is unplayable.
3. Nony refuses to play in such situation unless the TL admins force him to do so.
4. Nony refused to tolerate.

There may be some who lagged with the chinese or some who don't. In this case, Nony had the opportunity to play in a lag free game if he was kind enough to do a f10 o n h o but he refused to do so. I'm sure most of you may automatically assume nony being a victim for this lag but honestly chinese connections aren't as stable as most of the connections you guys tend to have so you cant expect them to provide you a completely iCCup LL lag free game everytime you play.

In most of the cases, China - USA,Canada,Spain + some of the countries usually work FINE unless they have a bad day.

Sportsmanship? Think twice!


Given the laggy conditions, TeamLiquid thought that it would be best if the series was played with minimal lag to ensure the highest quality of games possible. Thus, we have decided to delay the series a week to give the players plenty of opportunities to play and hopefully on one of those days there will be no lag. In the mean time we will bring you some interviews with the players and staff analysis of the series.

The series will air at 2pm EST on Sunday next week. TeamLiquid apologizes for the delay, and hopes that we haven't caused significant trouble for anyone.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
TryThis
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada1522 Posts
March 21 2009 09:42 GMT
#2
awww i was looking forward too this.
i guess one more week isnt too bad to wait
Dwell
Elementy
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States183 Posts
March 21 2009 09:49 GMT
#3
Glad Nony is a good sport about it.. i can imagine how frustrated he is.. Good luck Go Nony~
Deleted User 39582
Profile Joined August 2008
317 Posts
March 21 2009 09:54 GMT
#4
well thats a shame
i hope there are no problems next week
[image loading]
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
March 21 2009 10:07 GMT
#5
that's too bad! but i hope it will be resolved :o
medic27
Profile Joined January 2009
United States135 Posts
March 21 2009 10:10 GMT
#6
so... how exactly is waiting 1 week going to change the lag in china?
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
March 21 2009 10:13 GMT
#7
My understanding of the situation is that the lag problems vary from day to day, hour to hour, for some really weird reason. We've also got R1CH on the case, so we're doing everything in our power to solve the lag problem.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
March 21 2009 10:28 GMT
#8
but if they mannage to play it tomorrow or the day after ti you still gona dealy it a week?
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
March 21 2009 10:29 GMT
#9
Lol Idra would have whined about lag even if it wouldn't have lagged. <3 Nony.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
March 21 2009 10:31 GMT
#10
On March 21 2009 19:28 Geo.Rion wrote:
but if they mannage to play it tomorrow or the day after ti you still gona dealy it a week?
I would rather set a definite time/date than spring it on everyone once its played. I want everyone who is able to watch watching.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
ZhenMiChan
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Netherlands1181 Posts
March 21 2009 10:35 GMT
#11
cool np, thanks for saying it now and not 5 minutes before the cast ^_^
Studying Chinese~
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
March 21 2009 10:41 GMT
#12
On March 21 2009 19:29 Boundz(DarKo) wrote:
Lol Idra would have whined about lag even if it wouldn't have lagged. <3 Nony.


um. have you considered that since the OP mentioned sick lag due to Chinese internet that maybe IdrA lagged against F91
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
Oystein
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Norway1602 Posts
March 21 2009 10:53 GMT
#13
I had the misfortune of playing F91 in a gosucup, and if its anything remotely like how that was I can feel Nony`s pain... However those same games also amazed me. Watching F91 have perfect micro in almost a second delay was one of the sickest things I have ever seen.
God Hates a Coward
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
March 21 2009 10:53 GMT
#14
On March 21 2009 19:41 H wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2009 19:29 Boundz(DarKo) wrote:
Lol Idra would have whined about lag even if it wouldn't have lagged. <3 Nony.


um. have you considered that since the OP mentioned sick lag due to Chinese internet that maybe IdrA lagged against F91


IdrA mentioned that it wasn't the completely lag-free environment he's accustomed to in Korean practice houses, but there wasn't any sort of significant lag. Definitely not the unplayable situation Nony alludes to.

Korean fiberoptic infrastructure is far beyond that of America.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
lxginverse
Profile Joined May 2008
Monaco1506 Posts
March 21 2009 11:01 GMT
#15
its better late than never

hoping that it wouldnt lag next week....
fromis_9 enjoyer
Sadistx
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Zimbabwe5568 Posts
March 21 2009 11:03 GMT
#16
If you're connecting from US to China, won't the minimum ping be like 200 ? Seems like it would hurt micro a lot.
Ash
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Malaysia1978 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-21 11:37:32
March 21 2009 11:03 GMT
#17
I can see a lot of people flaming me for what I'm gonna say given the amount of nony fans there are in TL.net but I'm still going to write my point of view of this whole event. Please read carefully what I'm going to say instead of flaming me blindly

So this is what happened:

Over the past few days, I've been asking nony to do lag test with f91 just to ensure things go fine but everytime I msg him in MSN when he is available(available mode in msn) I get 0 responses but I still see him posting in TL.net at that particular time. The message usually goes like this " Hello nony! please let me know when you're back and tell me if you will be available to try out the connection with f91" Fine, I didn't mind about it because I was confident with the connection of china and USA due to the amount of games the fnatic players have played against americans in the past so I knew any problems can be easily solved (IF there is any).

After a few days of requesting, I finally get a reply from Nony on wednesday to try it out. Both of them tried it once in iCCup and nony said speed was fine then left the server. As soon as I see that I told plexa about the good condition and setup a date for nony to play against f91 which is Friday 20CET.

On Friday, Nony showed up and went ahead to play against F91 (there wasn't any tl admins around so we had to deal things ourselves) After the first game , F91 was up 1-0 and then nony complained in channel that there was lag in F91 . I was kinda surprised when I saw it since they didn't have any problems 2 days ago so I asked F91 to reconnect. Five minutes later, the series continued with me joining as an obs. Surprisingly it was fine in iCCup low latency. A few minutes later, spikes happened every once in 2-3 minutes which I ended up leaving the game. Not long after, Nony came out from the game saying something like " fuck it i shouldn't have agreed to play chinese players in the first place. reschedule if you want" and left immediately which obviously showed that he has lost the second game as well. Dude this guy did not even bother to switch the latency to high/extra high and complained about lag? Whats more ridiculous is he told me that he is a professional player and he expects the games to be played in LAN speed. Everyone who plays iCCup regularly would know that lan high latency is definitely playable even for high level games. How many koreans in iCCup have you seen leaving your game because they cant play in low latency???

Hence, I'd like you guys to reconsider if you still think nony has the real sportmanship. I had a lot of respect for nony before this when he went to korea , heck I would even consider myself as a nony fan but sadly now after what has happened i think he's not as mannered as most people would consider him to be afterall. Draco vs Nony TSL 1 year ago anyone??

seriously how can you actually expect a LAN speed game connecting from America to China? You should've been more than happy provided that you're able to play in high latency game in iccup without lag. I can't imagine how he'd talk if he had to play f91 in a situation like how strelok played f91. (Chinese can barely have a perfect connection with Ukr unless they were to play in battle net speed) which is why the respect I have for strelok now is even more. This is what nony has expected and he said he'd refuse to play in any other possible environment because he is a professional player and he plays only in "professional" speed. uh wtf? Give f91 a flight ticket so they could play in an internet cafe maybe?

1. Nony wants low latency speed in iCCup with 0 lag 0 spike 0 latency.
2. Nony refuses to play on high latency in iCCup even if there is no lag because he thinks as a professional player, the difference of response time like 0.005 sec?is unplayable.
3. Nony refuses to play in such situation unless the TL admins force him to do so.
4. Nony refused to tolerate.

There may be some who lagged with the chinese or some who don't. In this case, Nony had the opportunity to play in a lag free game if he was kind enough to do a f10 o n h o but he refused to do so. I'm sure most of you may automatically assume nony being a victim for this lag but honestly chinese connections aren't as stable as most of the connections you guys tend to have so you cant expect them to provide you a completely iCCup LL lag free game everytime you play.

In most of the cases, China - USA,Canada,Spain + some of the countries usually work FINE unless they have a bad day.

Sportsmanship? Think twice!



H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-21 11:09:07
March 21 2009 11:06 GMT
#18
so basically because Nony doesn't want to play in a less than ideal environment he's a bad sport? that's terrible reasoning. he's not from China, he doesn't have to put up with laggy shit if he doesn't want to bother. :|

On March 21 2009 19:53 Last Romantic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2009 19:41 H wrote:
On March 21 2009 19:29 Boundz(DarKo) wrote:
Lol Idra would have whined about lag even if it wouldn't have lagged. <3 Nony.


um. have you considered that since the OP mentioned sick lag due to Chinese internet that maybe IdrA lagged against F91


IdrA mentioned that it wasn't the completely lag-free environment he's accustomed to in Korean practice houses, but there wasn't any sort of significant lag. Definitely not the unplayable situation Nony alludes to.


this has been brought up before by people other than you, and IdrA disagreed with their analysis of the lag. if the progamer who's been living in Korea for what, more than 6 months, playing in a completely lag-free environment every day, has trouble playing against a Chinese player because of lag, then it looks like you're contradicting yourself. I'd say that is significant lag.
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
404.Delirium
Profile Joined May 2008
United States1190 Posts
March 21 2009 11:07 GMT
#19
On March 21 2009 19:53 Oystein wrote:
I had the misfortune of playing F91 in a gosucup, and if its anything remotely like how that was I can feel Nony`s pain... However those same games also amazed me. Watching F91 have perfect micro in almost a second delay was one of the sickest things I have ever seen.


Hahah, for a while I was super in to the bounds and learned to time my clicks with the lat. I found that once I got that down it was easier than learning to click right after the explosion. Earlier today I played an icc game (both had AH, but no LL in game D=) and I found that I micro'd muta's really well in the lat. Props to bounding.


Unfortunate delay, I was really looking forward to this

I'm curious to see how it can be solved.
seriously next disrespectful comment in this blog is ip ban. Be happy or get the hell out. // SC2 is like playing with neutral-colored Play-Doh while BW is like colorful Legos.
whatusername
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada1181 Posts
March 21 2009 11:08 GMT
#20
i don't really know you ash, in fact i don't know anything about you but from what i've seen you seem like a nice guy so i'll go with your word
im gay
1 2 3 4 5 18 19 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2521
NotJumperer 9
Dota 2
monkeys_forever804
NeuroSwarm190
Other Games
summit1g5615
Coldzera 785
Day[9].tv731
JimRising 626
C9.Mang0353
PiGStarcraft232
ArmadaUGS33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick830
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream376
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 125
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv731
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
7h 29m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
21h 29m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.