• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:16
CEST 16:16
KST 23:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9369 users

IPL Team Arena Challenge 2: New Ground - Page 5

Forum Index > News
209 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 Next All
Chunhyang
Profile Joined December 2011
Bangladesh1389 Posts
January 24 2012 01:04 GMT
#81
You don't bet against DongRaeGu in a teamleague. You just don't.
If you could reason with haters, there would be no haters. YGTMYFT
kofman
Profile Joined August 2011
Andorra698 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-24 01:09:41
January 24 2012 01:06 GMT
#82
These predictions are just terrible... EG beating oGs? very small chance. Liquid beating MvP? Absolutely puny chance. Reign beating TSL? I will give you 100$ if this happens, even more if it is 5-2 or more. Empire beating Prime? .0000001 % chance.

I know this is a foreign website and all... but can we at least keep the predictions reasonable? I would actually be very surprised is any of the foreign teams beat any of the korean teams. Especially Reign beating TSL. Polt could probably all-kill Reign easily, although they will probably save him for more worthy teams. Step it up writing staff.
Chunhyang
Profile Joined December 2011
Bangladesh1389 Posts
January 24 2012 01:11 GMT
#83
about the Bad Predictions

If he's wrong, people will write it off as just predicting.
If even one of them is right though, he ends up looking like a goddamn genius.
If you could reason with haters, there would be no haters. YGTMYFT
The Final Boss
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1839 Posts
January 24 2012 01:17 GMT
#84
My predictions if anybody cares:

+ Show Spoiler +
Mouz 5-2 QxG
+ Show Spoiler +
It will probably less close if NaNiwa doesn't play, I'm not sure if he didn't play in NASTL because of scheduling conflicts or because he's NaNi and chooses not to; let's hope for ThorZaIN vs NaNiwa rematch ^^


HoSeo 5-1 Dignitas
+ Show Spoiler +
The only person on Dignitas who possibly stands a fighting chance against Jjakji is SeleCT, but even then his chance is pretty slim. I think as soon as HoSeo sends out Jjakji it will be over, but I think that they'll probably send out other players first (Sculp, Sage, Seal, Shuttle, etc.). Even without Jjakji I just don't think that even the best Dignitas line-up stands much of a chance against HoSeo. I think that the actual score will come down a lot to who gets sent out first and at what time HoSeo starts putting their big guns out. Regardless, HoSeo 5-1 just because they're a more solid team than Dignitas.


EG 3-5 oGs
+ Show Spoiler +
fOrGG might not have been quite what he was originally hyped up to be, but he's still really fricking good. Plus you've got SuperNoVa, NaDa, TheStC and TOP? And out of all of those Terrans, TOP is the weakest, which is saying something because he was a GSL finalist not too long ago and his finals against Mvp could have easily ended in a different fashion were he to have made just a few different decisions.
But anyways, JYP's PvT is pretty awful the last I saw of it, and HuK's isn't nearly as good as the OP is hyping it up to be. EG is going to need IdrA and PuMa to come in clutch, but I can't imagine that they'll do what EG really needs out of them.


coL.MvP 5-2 Liquid
+ Show Spoiler +
The actual score of this is going to come down to whether coL actually plays anybody. Once Genius goes out, Liquid will probably have to play Zenio as he's the only player capable of stopping Genius. Then, if Zenio loses, then MvP could probably field either sC, KeeN or Noblesse and really abuse Zenio's weak vT. Once Zenio's out I don't think that Liquid stands much of a chance against DRG, and MvP will win. Regardless, I think that Genius/DRG will be too much for Liquid, but if CatZ or qxc go out, Liquid should be able to beat them. 5-0/5-1 if only MvP plays, but assuming that a few coL players go out, 5-2 seems the safe bet.


TSL 5-4 ReIGN
+ Show Spoiler +
TSL has a deeper line-up than ReIGN. Inori and Artist are both really skilled (especially Artist's TvZ, holy shit), but the rest of ReIGN isn't at the level that TSL is putting up. With aLive I don't think this would be nearly as close, but ReIGN is still going to have to go through Polt, HyuN, Symbol, RevivaL, and Cyrano. I haven't seen Cyrano at all, but those other four players all are really skilled. I think the key will be for Polt or Cyrano to beat Artist, because I'm not sure if any of the TSL Zergs (or any Zergs for that matter other than the elite three NesTea, DRG, or Leenock) really can feel comfortable against a player of Artist's caliber. If they can get rid of Artist and get Polt matched up against Inori, I think that TSL has a great chance of winning this, but regardless it will be a close match that I really look forward to! ^^


FXO 5-0 Vile
+ Show Spoiler +
First all-kill of the tournament. Vile's good, but against Leenock, Lucky, asd, GuMiho, and Oz they don't stand much of a chance. FXO has the capability to field five players who would be the "fifth man" on any non-Korean team in this tournament. If they actually field those five players, I'm not sure that anybody has the ability to stop them.


StarTale 5-2 ZeNEX
+ Show Spoiler +
ZeNEX may be Korean, but their line-up isn't at the same caliber as any of the other Korean teams. StarTale, on the other hand, has a good shot at taking the whole tournament. Bomber, PartinG, RainBOw, AcE, and Curious have the potential to absolutely destroy a team like ZeNEX. As a big RainBOw fan I hope that he gets played a lot this tournament as he's a skilled player to watch who does really interesting builds. As for ZeNEX, Life definitely has the potential to take some games off really good players. But beyond Life and Line, I'm not sure that ZeNEX will win games. If StarTale starts out with PartinG, Bomber, or Curious we could see an all-kill, but I doubt it.

On a kind of unrelated note, can you just imagine how gosu of a team ZeNEX would be if they hadn't lost all their best players? CoCa, Taeja, Byun, Genius, and Puzzle. That could easily be a tournament winning team, with half those players in Code S (I'm counting CoCa as .5 because he would be in Code S if he hadn't screwed up big time).


Prime 4-5 Team Empire
+ Show Spoiler +
After EG vs oGs, this is the match-up I am most excited for. Empire is the only foreign team with a really solid Terran line-up, and as a Terran player that makes me love to watch them. Plus, since they just got viOLet, their team just became even stronger. Beastyqt, Happy, and Aristeo all could win a game, but I doubt that they'll factor too much into the actual outcome. At the end of the day, it's going to be Kas and viOLet fighting the GSTL semi-finalist team; Kas needs to take out MarineKing before MKP gets a shot at viOLet, but viOLet should be able to deal with Prime's number one team league player, Creator. viOLet's ZvP is remarkable, and I definitely think that his ZvP combined with Kas will help Team Empire barely squeeze out a win. Regardless, this is going to be a great match.


phanto
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden708 Posts
January 24 2012 01:17 GMT
#85
not a huge fan of the very slim text box. it's annoying to jump lines so often.
some sick games though looking forward to it.
TheTurk
Profile Joined January 2011
United States732 Posts
January 24 2012 01:20 GMT
#86
Liquid hwaiting!
^_^
Starcraft is a lifestyle.
The Final Boss
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1839 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-24 01:38:11
January 24 2012 01:27 GMT
#87
On January 24 2012 10:06 kofman wrote:
These predictions are just terrible... EG beating oGs? very small chance. Liquid beating MvP? Absolutely puny chance. Reign beating TSL? I will give you 100$ if this happens, even more if it is 5-2 or more. Empire beating Prime? .0000001 % chance.

I know this is a foreign website and all... but can we at least keep the predictions reasonable? I would actually be very surprised is any of the foreign teams beat any of the korean teams. Especially Reign beating TSL. Polt could probably all-kill Reign easily, although they will probably save him for more worthy teams. Step it up writing staff.

The Liquid one certainly is absurd unless coL.MvP forgets that they're really just MvP and play CatZ instead of DRG.

The EG one isn't completely unheard of, but Deezl has the wrong idea of who's going to have to pull through for them. PuMa is the key player in that match; his vT is ridiculously good, and he definitely stands a chance. I'm just not sure.that any of these guys stand a chance against SuperNoVa, NaDa, or fOrGG. Those three may actually be too good for EG.

ReIGN beating TSL would be the least surprising of those predictions. TSL's line-up is 3 Zergs out of five players, and it just so happens that Artist has some of the best TvZ in the world. Not outside of Korea, that's including Korea. Artist may not be as good as MMA, SuperNoVa, or Mvp, but he's still an unstoppable force if his opponent is Zerg. Artist has a 76.19% win rate in the match-up with over 60 games played. Even though I really like TSL, dealing with Artist is going to be a huge problem. I have no idea how good Cyrano is, so it looks like beating Artist is going to be up to Polt. Artist actually is capable of beating RevivaL, Symbol, and HyuN, and while I hate to say it, the French Canadians always have a chance at taking a game or two off the Koreans. KiWi's crazy builds may actually allow him to beat one of those Zergs or take out Cyrano. I still think that TSL will win, but with Inori and Artist, a ReIGN victory is far from unthinkable.

Empire has one of the best foreigner line-ups if not the best. Plus, with viOLet filling a much needed non-Terran role, they could beat Prime. They just need to get viOLet matched up against Creator and Kas against MKP and they certainly stand a chance. MKP's role is going to be to take out viOLet, as his TvT is not that good and I think Happy or Kas definitely can beat him (especially in a Bo1 setting).
Serpest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States603 Posts
January 24 2012 01:30 GMT
#88
On January 24 2012 10:17 The Final Boss wrote:
My predictions if anybody cares:

+ Show Spoiler +
Mouz 5-2 QxG
+ Show Spoiler +
It will probably less close if NaNiwa doesn't play, I'm not sure if he didn't play in NASTL because of scheduling conflicts or because he's NaNi and chooses not to; let's hope for ThorZaIN vs NaNiwa rematch ^^


HoSeo 5-1 Dignitas
+ Show Spoiler +
The only person on Dignitas who possibly stands a fighting chance against Jjakji is SeleCT, but even then his chance is pretty slim. I think as soon as HoSeo sends out Jjakji it will be over, but I think that they'll probably send out other players first (Sculp, Sage, Seal, Shuttle, etc.). Even without Jjakji I just don't think that even the best Dignitas line-up stands much of a chance against HoSeo. I think that the actual score will come down a lot to who gets sent out first and at what time HoSeo starts putting their big guns out. Regardless, HoSeo 5-1 just because they're a more solid team than Dignitas.


EG 3-5 oGs
+ Show Spoiler +
fOrGG might not have been quite what he was originally hyped up to be, but he's still really fricking good. Plus you've got SuperNoVa, NaDa, TheStC and TOP? And out of all of those Terrans, TOP is the weakest, which is saying something because he was a GSL finalist not too long ago and his finals against Mvp could have easily ended in a different fashion were he to have made just a few different decisions.
But anyways, JYP's PvT is pretty awful the last I saw of it, and HuK's isn't nearly as good as the OP is hyping it up to be. EG is going to need IdrA and PuMa to come in clutch, but I can't imagine that they'll do what EG really needs out of them.


coL.MvP 5-2 Liquid
+ Show Spoiler +
The actual score of this is going to come down to whether coL actually plays anybody. Once Genius goes out, Liquid will probably have to play Zenio as he's the only player capable of stopping Genius. Then, if Zenio loses, then MvP could probably field either sC, KeeN or Noblesse and really abuse Zenio's weak vT. Once Zenio's out I don't think that Liquid stands much of a chance against DRG, and MvP will win. Regardless, I think that Genius/DRG will be too much for Liquid, but if CatZ or qxc go out, Liquid should be able to beat them. 5-0/5-1 if only MvP plays, but assuming that a few coL players go out, 5-2 seems the safe bet.


TSL 5-4 ReIGN
+ Show Spoiler +
TSL has a deeper line-up than ReIGN. Inori and Artist are both really skilled (especially Artist's TvZ, holy shit), but the rest of ReIGN isn't at the level that TSL is putting up. With aLive I don't think this would be nearly as close, but ReIGN is still going to have to go through Polt, HyuN, Symbol, RevivaL, and Cyrano. I haven't seen Cyrano at all, but those other four players all are really skilled. I think the key will be for Polt or Cyrano to beat Artist, because I'm not sure if any of the TSL Zergs (or any Zergs for that matter other than the elite three NesTea, DRG, or Leenock) really can feel comfortable against a player of Artist's caliber. If they can get rid of Artist and get Polt matched up against Inori, I think that TSL has a great chance of winning this, but regardless it will be a close match that I really look forward to! ^^


FXO 5-0 Vile
+ Show Spoiler +
First all-kill of the tournament. Vile's good, but against Leenock, Lucky, asd, GuMiho, and Oz they don't stand much of a chance. FXO has the capability to field five players who would be the "fifth man" on any non-Korean team in this tournament. If they actually field those five players, I'm not sure that anybody has the ability to stop them.


StarTale 5-2 ZeNEX
+ Show Spoiler +
ZeNEX may be Korean, but their line-up isn't at the same caliber as any of the other Korean teams. StarTale, on the other hand, has a good shot at taking the whole tournament. Bomber, PartinG, RainBOw, AcE, and Curious have the potential to absolutely destroy a team like ZeNEX. As a big RainBOw fan I hope that he gets played a lot this tournament as he's a skilled player to watch who does really interesting builds. As for ZeNEX, Life definitely has the potential to take some games off really good players. But beyond Life and Line, I'm not sure that ZeNEX will win games. If StarTale starts out with PartinG, Bomber, or Curious we could see an all-kill, but I doubt it.

On a kind of unrelated note, can you just imagine how gosu of a team ZeNEX would be if they hadn't lost all their best players? CoCa, Taeja, Byun, Genius, and Puzzle. That could easily be a tournament winning team, with half those players in Code S (I'm counting CoCa as .5 because he would be in Code S if he hadn't screwed up big time).


Prime 4-5 Team Empire
+ Show Spoiler +
After EG vs oGs, this is the match-up I am most excited for. Empire is the only foreign team with a really solid Terran line-up, and as a Terran player that makes me love to watch them. Plus, since they just got viOLet, their team just became even stronger. Beastyqt, Happy, and Aristeo all could win a game, but I doubt that they'll factor too much into the actual outcome. At the end of the day, it's going to be Kas and viOLet fighting the GSTL semi-finalist team; Kas needs to take out MarineKing before MKP gets a shot at viOLet, but viOLet should be able to deal with Prime's number one team league player, Creator. viOLet's ZvP is remarkable, and I definitely think that his ZvP combined with Kas will help Team Empire barely squeeze out a win. Regardless, this is going to be a great match.




Just wanted to let you know that Prime were last GSTL's runner-ups, not semi-finalists; and I don't think Kas stands as much of a chance against MKP as you give him + Show Spoiler +
considering how MKP just demolished his Code S ro32 group 4-0
A person that attempts to diagnose themselves has a fool for a doctor and a bigger fool for a patient.
Suitup
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany53 Posts
January 24 2012 01:33 GMT
#89
is there no slayers or IM?
New is always better!
The Final Boss
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1839 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-24 01:51:36
January 24 2012 01:40 GMT
#90
On January 24 2012 10:30 Serpest wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2012 10:17 The Final Boss wrote:
My predictions if anybody cares:

+ Show Spoiler +
Mouz 5-2 QxG
+ Show Spoiler +
It will probably less close if NaNiwa doesn't play, I'm not sure if he didn't play in NASTL because of scheduling conflicts or because he's NaNi and chooses not to; let's hope for ThorZaIN vs NaNiwa rematch ^^


HoSeo 5-1 Dignitas
+ Show Spoiler +
The only person on Dignitas who possibly stands a fighting chance against Jjakji is SeleCT, but even then his chance is pretty slim. I think as soon as HoSeo sends out Jjakji it will be over, but I think that they'll probably send out other players first (Sculp, Sage, Seal, Shuttle, etc.). Even without Jjakji I just don't think that even the best Dignitas line-up stands much of a chance against HoSeo. I think that the actual score will come down a lot to who gets sent out first and at what time HoSeo starts putting their big guns out. Regardless, HoSeo 5-1 just because they're a more solid team than Dignitas.


EG 3-5 oGs
+ Show Spoiler +
fOrGG might not have been quite what he was originally hyped up to be, but he's still really fricking good. Plus you've got SuperNoVa, NaDa, TheStC and TOP? And out of all of those Terrans, TOP is the weakest, which is saying something because he was a GSL finalist not too long ago and his finals against Mvp could have easily ended in a different fashion were he to have made just a few different decisions.
But anyways, JYP's PvT is pretty awful the last I saw of it, and HuK's isn't nearly as good as the OP is hyping it up to be. EG is going to need IdrA and PuMa to come in clutch, but I can't imagine that they'll do what EG really needs out of them.


coL.MvP 5-2 Liquid
+ Show Spoiler +
The actual score of this is going to come down to whether coL actually plays anybody. Once Genius goes out, Liquid will probably have to play Zenio as he's the only player capable of stopping Genius. Then, if Zenio loses, then MvP could probably field either sC, KeeN or Noblesse and really abuse Zenio's weak vT. Once Zenio's out I don't think that Liquid stands much of a chance against DRG, and MvP will win. Regardless, I think that Genius/DRG will be too much for Liquid, but if CatZ or qxc go out, Liquid should be able to beat them. 5-0/5-1 if only MvP plays, but assuming that a few coL players go out, 5-2 seems the safe bet.


TSL 5-4 ReIGN
+ Show Spoiler +
TSL has a deeper line-up than ReIGN. Inori and Artist are both really skilled (especially Artist's TvZ, holy shit), but the rest of ReIGN isn't at the level that TSL is putting up. With aLive I don't think this would be nearly as close, but ReIGN is still going to have to go through Polt, HyuN, Symbol, RevivaL, and Cyrano. I haven't seen Cyrano at all, but those other four players all are really skilled. I think the key will be for Polt or Cyrano to beat Artist, because I'm not sure if any of the TSL Zergs (or any Zergs for that matter other than the elite three NesTea, DRG, or Leenock) really can feel comfortable against a player of Artist's caliber. If they can get rid of Artist and get Polt matched up against Inori, I think that TSL has a great chance of winning this, but regardless it will be a close match that I really look forward to! ^^


FXO 5-0 Vile
+ Show Spoiler +
First all-kill of the tournament. Vile's good, but against Leenock, Lucky, asd, GuMiho, and Oz they don't stand much of a chance. FXO has the capability to field five players who would be the "fifth man" on any non-Korean team in this tournament. If they actually field those five players, I'm not sure that anybody has the ability to stop them.


StarTale 5-2 ZeNEX
+ Show Spoiler +
ZeNEX may be Korean, but their line-up isn't at the same caliber as any of the other Korean teams. StarTale, on the other hand, has a good shot at taking the whole tournament. Bomber, PartinG, RainBOw, AcE, and Curious have the potential to absolutely destroy a team like ZeNEX. As a big RainBOw fan I hope that he gets played a lot this tournament as he's a skilled player to watch who does really interesting builds. As for ZeNEX, Life definitely has the potential to take some games off really good players. But beyond Life and Line, I'm not sure that ZeNEX will win games. If StarTale starts out with PartinG, Bomber, or Curious we could see an all-kill, but I doubt it.

On a kind of unrelated note, can you just imagine how gosu of a team ZeNEX would be if they hadn't lost all their best players? CoCa, Taeja, Byun, Genius, and Puzzle. That could easily be a tournament winning team, with half those players in Code S (I'm counting CoCa as .5 because he would be in Code S if he hadn't screwed up big time).


Prime 4-5 Team Empire
+ Show Spoiler +
After EG vs oGs, this is the match-up I am most excited for. Empire is the only foreign team with a really solid Terran line-up, and as a Terran player that makes me love to watch them. Plus, since they just got viOLet, their team just became even stronger. Beastyqt, Happy, and Aristeo all could win a game, but I doubt that they'll factor too much into the actual outcome. At the end of the day, it's going to be Kas and viOLet fighting the GSTL semi-finalist team; Kas needs to take out MarineKing before MKP gets a shot at viOLet, but viOLet should be able to deal with Prime's number one team league player, Creator. viOLet's ZvP is remarkable, and I definitely think that his ZvP combined with Kas will help Team Empire barely squeeze out a win. Regardless, this is going to be a great match.




Just wanted to let you know that Prime were last GSTL's runner-ups, not semi-finalists; and I don't think Kas stands as much of a chance against MKP as you give him + Show Spoiler +
considering how MKP just demolished his Code S ro32 group 4-0

For whatever reason I meant finalist but typed the wrong thing ^^; so stoopid....

And Kas beat MarineKing at WCG. He definitely stands a chance especially since MarineKing is the most inconsistent player. Ever. One day he'll demolish the best Koreans and then the next he'll be losing to foreigners. Especially when we're talking about a Bo1 in what I think is his worst match-up, there is a definite chance that Kas could beat him.

EDIT: also Kas is better against the style of TvT that MarineKing plays. I'd say that with Korean Terrans, there are two ends of the TvT spectrum: you have Mvp, who plays more mech oriented, high macro style, and then you have Polt's super aggressive bio. While Kas lost to Mvp 0-2 at WCG, check out his statistics against the Polt: + Show Spoiler +
http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/details.php?section=sc2-international&type=players&id=1693&part=games&league=standard&vs=T#tblt-5416-1-default-0-polt
. MKP generally plays a style a lot more like Polt's, so while I would pick Happy or SuperNoVa over Kas any day, I think that MKP's aggro style won't cut it against Kas (at least not in a reliable manner).
Angelbelow
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3728 Posts
January 24 2012 02:07 GMT
#91
Cool preview, thanks for the read.
You may delay, but time will not. Current Music obsession: Opeth
eme
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland105 Posts
January 24 2012 02:08 GMT
#92
I love team leagues. Always been a huge fan of them, I still remember the wait for the next WC3l match all those years ago! I'd also like a similiar format, a league and then offline finals. Hope that atleast the latter will happen, if not this season then atleast the next.
Stancel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore15360 Posts
January 24 2012 02:09 GMT
#93
Really nice, I didn't watch the first IPL Team Arena at all, but I'll definitely watch this one after reading this preview.
ffxiv enjoyer
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
January 24 2012 02:18 GMT
#94
Nice post, much love to Frank ♥
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
January 24 2012 02:22 GMT
#95
On January 24 2012 10:33 Suitup wrote:
is there no slayers or IM?


Unfortunately no. What's crazy is the fact that this lineup is still so stacked despite the fact that the two top teams in the world are absent.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-24 02:35:47
January 24 2012 02:29 GMT
#96
Edit: Rather than reading the following you might as well read Final Boss' predictions above. They're well worded and make sense... Though I stand by the following predictions:

Mousesports 5-2 Quantic
New Star HoSeo 5-2 Dignitas
EG 5-4 oGs
coL.MvP 5-2 Liquid
TSL 2-5 ReIGN
FXO 5-1 Vile
Startale 5-2 ZeNex
Prime 5-4 Empire

The reasons for these for the most part are below:

On January 24 2012 07:51 RoyGBiv_13 wrote:
Some of the worst predictions I have seen from a writer in a while

Show nested quote +
Mousesports 5-3 Quantic
New Star HoSeo 5-3 Dignitas
EG 5-4 oGs
coL.MvP 4-5 Liquid`
TSL 2-5 ReIGN
FXO 5-2 Vile
Startale 5-2 ZeNex
Prime 3-5 Empire


My predictions
+ Show Spoiler +

Mousesports 3-5 Quantic
New Star HoSeo 5-1 Dignitas
EG 1-5 oGs
coL.MvP 5-2 Liquid`
TSL 5-1 ReIGN
FXO 5-2 Vile
Startale 5-2 ZeNex
Prime 5-2 Empire


I agree with you on some parts but you are DEAD WRONG on a few of them. Most notably TSL vs ReIGN.

Strait up, ReIGN is going to MOP THE FLOOR with TSL. Well.. ok maybe not "Mop the floor" ReIGN will win pretty damn convincingly. There are two reasons for this:

1. TSL is in complete turmoil. Their coach seems more keen on griefmongering than coaching, and there's no way he can know the strengths and weaknesses of his perpetually shifting roster.

2. ReIGN is really REALLY good. Their whole team is kind of based completely around THIS team league. This is THE event that they focus on and they take it very seriously. They live in a pretty strict team house, and have a complete understanding of their strengths and weaknesses. If you want me to name specifics, no protoss on TSL will even come close to beating Inori. That dude is a PvP machine, that's what he was heralded as and he's proven it beating oGsMC and HuK (I think? Might've been Hero) at IPL3 as well as numerous PvP victories last season. So they can beat P, and Artist can easily beat any Zerg, that just leaves Polt. Polt might take a game or two off of ReIGN, but I don't think he can all kill them which is what he'll need to do.

The closest this match will be is 5-3 ReIGN.

Can't disagree with you on Col.MVP vs Liquid... Never bet against a team that includes DRG in a teamleague match.

Mouz losing to quantic? I find your abundance of faith in Naniwa disturbing... Sase too I guess, but Mana can certainly beat Sase... In fact, I really don't see where your prediction here comes from, please explain because I just strait up don't understand it. I think you just might not know anything about Mouz... the Silver Medalists from last season.

I agree that Prime will beat Empire but having watched with great anticipation all of MKPs matches, and agreeing that his TvT is not as bad as some people claim, I'm pretty certain Kas will beat him, the dude's a great player and a TvT monster. And then they've got violet... This one will be AT LEAST 5-3 Prime.


Lol and your most ridiculous opinion of all is this:
EG 1-5 oGs.

I mean COME ON! God I want to flame you so bad right now but instead I'll just tell you why you're wrong:

HuK
JYP
Puma

all three have proven themselves BIG TIME. HuK is, the second most consistent protoss in the world. He's been in the GSL for OVER A YEAR. No other protoss can say the same, even MC dropped out briefly (though he's still the most consistent protoss). But guess what? MC ISN'T HERE!

JYP is no slouch either man, and Puma has beaten plenty of top players before, Korean and foreigner alike. One of the best things is that if HuK can be said to have a weak matchup it's still PvP. So lets say a toss takes him out? Puma will DESTROY him.

On a tier just below those three is IdrA. You can bet he is PRACTICING hard now to stay in Code A at the very least. He can pull out wins, but EG can't rely on him.

So that's four pretty top notch players. If you're going to WIN a Bo5 Teamleague match, that's how many you need, sure a fifth would be nice, but four of this caliber can easily go the distance.

I'll let the results speak for themselves but I can't BELIEVE you think 1-5 oGs. It's going to be 5-4 I'm pretty sure, one way or the other.

I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Noktix
Profile Joined May 2011
United States492 Posts
January 24 2012 02:31 GMT
#97
Foreigner team bias is strong in these predictions...
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-24 02:37:26
January 24 2012 02:35 GMT
#98
On January 24 2012 11:29 TheDougler wrote:

Strait up, ReIGN is going to MOP THE FLOOR with TSL. There are two reasons for this:

1. TSL is in complete turmoil. Their coach seems more keen on griefmongering than coaching, and there's no way he can know the strengths and weaknesses of his perpetually shifting roster.

2. ReIGN is really REALLY good. Their whole team is kind of based completely around THIS team league. This is THE event that they focus on and they take it very seriously. They live in a pretty strict team house, and have a complete understanding of their strengths and weaknesses. If you want me to name specifics, no protoss on TSL will even come close to beating Inori. That dude is a PvP machine, that's what he was heralded as and he's proven it beating oGsMC and HuK (I think? Might've been Hero) at IPL3 as well as numerous PvP victories last season.

The closest this match will be is 5-3 ReIGN.


Luckily (or unluckily) for TSL they only have one protoss, and Cyrano will probably not be played near the end of the series. Symbol, Polt, and Revival are more than good enough to take out Inori. Reign will need to rely on Artist as their anchor.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Olinimm
Profile Joined November 2011
1471 Posts
January 24 2012 02:38 GMT
#99
On January 24 2012 11:29 TheDougler wrote:
Edit: Rather than reading the following you might as well read Final Boss' predictions above. They're well worded and make sense... Though I stand by the following predictions:

Mousesports 5-2 Quantic
New Star HoSeo 5-2 Dignitas
EG 5-4 oGs
coL.MvP 5-2 Liquid
TSL 2-5 ReIGN
FXO 5-1 Vile
Startale 5-2 ZeNex
Prime 5-4 Empire

The reasons for these for the most part are below:

Show nested quote +
On January 24 2012 07:51 RoyGBiv_13 wrote:
Some of the worst predictions I have seen from a writer in a while

Mousesports 5-3 Quantic
New Star HoSeo 5-3 Dignitas
EG 5-4 oGs
coL.MvP 4-5 Liquid`
TSL 2-5 ReIGN
FXO 5-2 Vile
Startale 5-2 ZeNex
Prime 3-5 Empire


My predictions
+ Show Spoiler +

Mousesports 3-5 Quantic
New Star HoSeo 5-1 Dignitas
EG 1-5 oGs
coL.MvP 5-2 Liquid`
TSL 5-1 ReIGN
FXO 5-2 Vile
Startale 5-2 ZeNex
Prime 5-2 Empire


I agree with you on some parts but you are DEAD WRONG on a few of them. Most notably TSL vs ReIGN.

Strait up, ReIGN is going to MOP THE FLOOR with TSL. Well.. ok maybe not "Mop the floor" ReIGN will win pretty damn convincingly. There are two reasons for this:

1. TSL is in complete turmoil. Their coach seems more keen on griefmongering than coaching, and there's no way he can know the strengths and weaknesses of his perpetually shifting roster.

2. ReIGN is really REALLY good. Their whole team is kind of based completely around THIS team league. This is THE event that they focus on and they take it very seriously. They live in a pretty strict team house, and have a complete understanding of their strengths and weaknesses. If you want me to name specifics, no protoss on TSL will even come close to beating Inori. That dude is a PvP machine, that's what he was heralded as and he's proven it beating oGsMC and HuK (I think? Might've been Hero) at IPL3 as well as numerous PvP victories last season. So they can beat P, and Artist can easily beat any Zerg, that just leaves Polt. Polt might take a game or two off of ReIGN, but I don't think he can all kill them which is what he'll need to do.

The closest this match will be is 5-3 ReIGN.

Can't disagree with you on Col.MVP vs Liquid... Never bet against a team that includes DRG in a teamleague match.

Mouz losing to quantic? I find your abundance of faith in Naniwa disturbing... Sase too I guess, but Mana can certainly beat Sase... In fact, I really don't see where your prediction here comes from, please explain because I just strait up don't understand it. I think you just might not know anything about Mouz... the Silver Medalists from last season.

I agree that Prime will beat Empire but having watched with great anticipation all of MKPs matches, and agreeing that his TvT is not as bad as some people claim, I'm pretty certain Kas will beat him, the dude's a great player and a TvT monster. And then they've got violet... This one will be AT LEAST 5-3 Prime.


Lol and your most ridiculous opinion of all is this:
EG 1-5 oGs.

I mean COME ON! God I want to flame you so bad right now but instead I'll just tell you why you're wrong:

HuK
JYP
Puma

all three have proven themselves BIG TIME. HuK is, the second most consistent protoss in the world. He's been in the GSL for OVER A YEAR. No other protoss can say the same, even MC dropped out briefly (though he's still the most consistent protoss). But guess what? MC ISN'T HERE!

JYP is no slouch either man, and Puma has beaten plenty of top players before, Korean and foreigner alike. One of the best things is that if HuK can be said to have a weak matchup it's still PvP. So lets say a toss takes him out? Puma will DESTROY him.

On a tier just below those three is IdrA. You can bet he is PRACTICING hard now to stay in Code A at the very least. He can pull out wins, but EG can't rely on him.

So that's four pretty top notch players. If you're going to WIN a Bo5 Teamleague match, that's how many you need, sure a fifth would be nice, but four of this caliber can easily go the distance.

I'll let the results speak for themselves but I can't BELIEVE you think 1-5 oGs. It's going to be 5-4 I'm pretty sure, one way or the other.


Who cares if Inori is good against Protoss? TSL only has 1 toss so it doesn't matter. No one on reign is good enough to beat polt or revival.
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
January 24 2012 02:46 GMT
#100
Liquid, I love you guys...
But DRG!!!!!
/swoons
my heart's already decided.
moo...for DRG
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 356
ProTech134
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36855
Bisu 3079
Hyuk 1610
Shuttle 1369
Mini 731
EffOrt 683
Larva 427
Soma 354
ZerO 253
firebathero 238
[ Show more ]
hero 119
Last 101
Zeus 71
Sexy 59
Hyun 49
Pusan 45
Killer 44
Mong 39
Bale 38
Trap 36
ToSsGirL 28
sorry 28
Hm[arnc] 27
PianO 27
Aegong 24
zelot 18
Rock 14
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 9
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7132
qojqva1518
Dendi972
Counter-Strike
fl0m1803
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1241
crisheroes949
Liquid`Hasu475
Lowko417
Other Games
gofns45404
singsing2666
B2W.Neo1490
DeMusliM271
Livibee213
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX132
Beastyqt129
ArmadaUGS91
Mew2King81
KnowMe52
elazer44
CosmosSc2 22
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7806
League of Legends
• Jankos1981
Other Games
• WagamamaTV198
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 44m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 44m
INu's Battles
21h 44m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.