• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:31
CEST 09:31
KST 16:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7594 users

Farewell, Liquid`HuK - Page 141

Forum Index > News
3336 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 167 Next
Stuv
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Netherlands942 Posts
August 16 2011 21:51 GMT
#2801
Well he is out of my heart, thats for sure.
I cant deny that.
ThatGuyDoMo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia516 Posts
August 16 2011 21:51 GMT
#2802
gl HuK

Omg this is so sad...feel so sorry for Liquid :S

But HuK, wish you luck in EG and do you best!
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
August 16 2011 21:52 GMT
#2803
On August 17 2011 06:37 felizuno wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 06:29 grobo wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:19 felizuno wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:12 grobo wrote:
On August 17 2011 05:59 felizuno wrote:
People are seriously treating this like Huk quit SC2, as if EG recruited him to play Dota

Same player, same skills, different letters in front of his name. More money in Huk's pocket too. What is the bad part?

Sorry all the EG anti-fans, it seems Huk didn't really take you into consideration when choosing what to do with HIS life... the tragedy, the horror! Better go cry some more, maybe that plus a million whiny posts will make him change his mind?

Edit: I love Liquid' but I love them for more than just having Huk on their team, in fact I am more excited about Sheth/Hero/Ret than I ever was about Huk


Dear, new guy.

Did it ever occur to you that some people might have been fans of Liquid as a whole team? and not just the player HuK? For the people that have been on Liquid and followed them for years, this is a pretty big deal.


dear,,,,,, guy who doesn't read,

what does the edit say (that you quoted which means it was there when you read the first line and hit reply)


I know what it said, if you love Liquid so much you would know that HuK was a huge part of Liquids success and it's a huge loss to have him switch team. I still love every single Liquid player but don't deny the fact that HuK was a huge part of their success.


I think Liquid was a huge part of Huk's success, not the other way around. And while it was nice to have the dream team for a week with Sheth/Ret/Hero/Huk I think Liquid will be just fine without him. It seems to be you that isn't a fan of the whole team, in contradiction to your original post. You seem to be saying "Liquid's future is bleak without Huk" which I refuse to agree with, I think Liquid will continue to build on their past successes.

The only thing that got harder is now they have to play against Huk lol


Stop putting words in my mouth, i'll leave it at that.
We make signature, then defense it.
felizuno
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States164 Posts
August 16 2011 21:53 GMT
#2804
On August 17 2011 06:41 tripper688 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 06:37 felizuno wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:29 grobo wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:19 felizuno wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:12 grobo wrote:
On August 17 2011 05:59 felizuno wrote:
People are seriously treating this like Huk quit SC2, as if EG recruited him to play Dota

Same player, same skills, different letters in front of his name. More money in Huk's pocket too. What is the bad part?

Sorry all the EG anti-fans, it seems Huk didn't really take you into consideration when choosing what to do with HIS life... the tragedy, the horror! Better go cry some more, maybe that plus a million whiny posts will make him change his mind?

Edit: I love Liquid' but I love them for more than just having Huk on their team, in fact I am more excited about Sheth/Hero/Ret than I ever was about Huk


Dear, new guy.

Did it ever occur to you that some people might have been fans of Liquid as a whole team? and not just the player HuK? For the people that have been on Liquid and followed them for years, this is a pretty big deal.


dear,,,,,, guy who doesn't read,

what does the edit say (that you quoted which means it was there when you read the first line and hit reply)


I know what it said, if you love Liquid so much you would know that HuK was a huge part of Liquids success and it's a huge loss to have him switch team. I still love every single Liquid player but don't deny the fact that HuK was a huge part of their success.


I think Liquid was a huge part of Huk's success, not the other way around. And while it was nice to have the dream team for a week with Sheth/Ret/Hero/Huk I think Liquid will be just fine without him. It seems to be you that isn't a fan of the whole team, in contradiction to your original post. You seem to be saying "Liquid's future is bleak without Huk" which I refuse to agree with, I think Liquid will continue to build on their past successes.

The only thing that got harder is now they have to play against Huk lol


I agree that HuK benefited from Liquid more than the other way around but I don't think you can find fault with saying that HuK leaving is a big hit to the team...Results-wise he was one of their top 3 players atm, and currently, their only Code S player (here's to hoping that HerO steps it up). While Liquid's future is not bleak without HuK, it is a big hit to the strength of their team.


THAT I agree with, the other guy was making a different point. I agree that Huk was the top performer on Liquid in terms of #1 finishes and he was more consistent than their other top players. I just didn't agree with the guy saying that Liquid as a team is diminished, or that Huk was the only player on the team that was going to win anything. It is really a silly argument, he is just some moron on a power trip because he joined TL before me, which means he is infinitely right and I will never love TL with all my heart like he does. It only took him two posts to contradict himself and I called him out for it, if he had made the point YOU made I would have just agreed.
Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
Grimsong
Profile Joined August 2010
United States252 Posts
August 16 2011 21:54 GMT
#2805
On August 17 2011 06:51 x6Paramore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 03:16 Talco wrote:
On August 17 2011 00:59 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:

The last few weeks were the negotiation period of Huk's contract. We had known since a few months ago that it would be a difficult period. Coming off winning championships at Dreamhack and HSC, and with a legion of fans supporting him, it was obvious that there would be a lot of interest in acquiring HuK. For us, this meant making him an offer that we felt would rival any other offer that we thought could be made. To the furthest extent our finances would allow, we tried to keep HuK with the team. HuK, too, wanted to stay very much. He loved being a part of Liquid, and was willing to stay with us for significantly less than other teams. However, the offer that he received from EG wasn't just significant, it was potentially life-changing.

EG fully recognized HuK's value as a player, and were absolutely single-minded in making sure they received his signature. Huk was placed at a crossroads that could influence the rest of his life and made the choice that he thought was best for him. I understand EG's reasoning in going after NA's best player and biggest superstar, and HuK's decision for joining them.




I want to know how much his salary is!! It must be massive



This is definitely around 150,000USD or more. This means that HuK will be able to buy a car, put a down payment on a house and have enough money to live extremely comfortable.

The only problem is, if this contract over a period of at least 3 years, its not that great. If EG suddenly disappeared next year (not saying it will), he'd be out of a 6 figure salary to support his lifestyle.

Anything less than 100,000, I would consider not life that changing since you could probably just get a paper pushing job somewhere for close to that much with room for advancement.

HuK is at the peak of the professionals within his region/country (US/Canada/South-America) and anything less than 150-200k would be a huge disappointment since most top tier professionals in a respectable paper pushing company make around 750-1000k / year. That is TOP professional (as in top 1%) which HuK is at in his career.

Best of luck Chris.



You're wrong. You are not having a basic paper pushing job for "somewhere close" to $100,000 a year. 30-50k? Maybe. 50k is on the VERY high end of that.
Arterial
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1039 Posts
August 16 2011 21:54 GMT
#2806
so sad =[

it really does feel like losing a family member.
savior & jaedong
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
August 16 2011 21:55 GMT
#2807
On August 17 2011 06:53 felizuno wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 06:41 tripper688 wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:37 felizuno wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:29 grobo wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:19 felizuno wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:12 grobo wrote:
On August 17 2011 05:59 felizuno wrote:
People are seriously treating this like Huk quit SC2, as if EG recruited him to play Dota

Same player, same skills, different letters in front of his name. More money in Huk's pocket too. What is the bad part?

Sorry all the EG anti-fans, it seems Huk didn't really take you into consideration when choosing what to do with HIS life... the tragedy, the horror! Better go cry some more, maybe that plus a million whiny posts will make him change his mind?

Edit: I love Liquid' but I love them for more than just having Huk on their team, in fact I am more excited about Sheth/Hero/Ret than I ever was about Huk


Dear, new guy.

Did it ever occur to you that some people might have been fans of Liquid as a whole team? and not just the player HuK? For the people that have been on Liquid and followed them for years, this is a pretty big deal.


dear,,,,,, guy who doesn't read,

what does the edit say (that you quoted which means it was there when you read the first line and hit reply)


I know what it said, if you love Liquid so much you would know that HuK was a huge part of Liquids success and it's a huge loss to have him switch team. I still love every single Liquid player but don't deny the fact that HuK was a huge part of their success.


I think Liquid was a huge part of Huk's success, not the other way around. And while it was nice to have the dream team for a week with Sheth/Ret/Hero/Huk I think Liquid will be just fine without him. It seems to be you that isn't a fan of the whole team, in contradiction to your original post. You seem to be saying "Liquid's future is bleak without Huk" which I refuse to agree with, I think Liquid will continue to build on their past successes.

The only thing that got harder is now they have to play against Huk lol


I agree that HuK benefited from Liquid more than the other way around but I don't think you can find fault with saying that HuK leaving is a big hit to the team...Results-wise he was one of their top 3 players atm, and currently, their only Code S player (here's to hoping that HerO steps it up). While Liquid's future is not bleak without HuK, it is a big hit to the strength of their team.


THAT I agree with, the other guy was making a different point.


MY point was clear, you chose to interpret it as if i was not a fan of liquid and saying that their furutre was bleak. Not ONCE did i say anything remotely similar to that and you know it.
We make signature, then defense it.
creamer
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada128 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 21:55:55
August 16 2011 21:55 GMT
#2808
I used to really not have any respect for HuK because of his manner in interviews etc. But over the past 6 months I've developed not only respect but I have become his fan. I really like to see him do well and he is able to consistently put up results despite my initial doubts. I on the other hand still have a hatred for EG and I find it pathetic that EG has posted on their site that they treated this transaction professionally. Even if they did, it is extremely unprofessional to discuss how professional you are and why you will not apologize.

Unless I'm extremely mistaken, most of the community hates EG and prefers Liquid. I will support any Liquid player over any EG player any day of the year and will continue to do so. I respect HuK's decision because he was clearly offered and exceptional contract which was impossible to turn down because if it were possible, he would've.

This rant may have not made much grammatical sense because my mind is full of thoughts, but the bottom line is, I still wish success for HuK wherever he goes,but I do not respect Evil Geniuses as an organization or as a team.
MKP - Best player of all time
x6Paramore
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada130 Posts
August 16 2011 21:57 GMT
#2809
On August 17 2011 06:54 Grimsong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 06:51 x6Paramore wrote:
On August 17 2011 03:16 Talco wrote:
On August 17 2011 00:59 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:

The last few weeks were the negotiation period of Huk's contract. We had known since a few months ago that it would be a difficult period. Coming off winning championships at Dreamhack and HSC, and with a legion of fans supporting him, it was obvious that there would be a lot of interest in acquiring HuK. For us, this meant making him an offer that we felt would rival any other offer that we thought could be made. To the furthest extent our finances would allow, we tried to keep HuK with the team. HuK, too, wanted to stay very much. He loved being a part of Liquid, and was willing to stay with us for significantly less than other teams. However, the offer that he received from EG wasn't just significant, it was potentially life-changing.

EG fully recognized HuK's value as a player, and were absolutely single-minded in making sure they received his signature. Huk was placed at a crossroads that could influence the rest of his life and made the choice that he thought was best for him. I understand EG's reasoning in going after NA's best player and biggest superstar, and HuK's decision for joining them.




I want to know how much his salary is!! It must be massive



This is definitely around 150,000USD or more. This means that HuK will be able to buy a car, put a down payment on a house and have enough money to live extremely comfortable.

The only problem is, if this contract over a period of at least 3 years, its not that great. If EG suddenly disappeared next year (not saying it will), he'd be out of a 6 figure salary to support his lifestyle.

Anything less than 100,000, I would consider not life that changing since you could probably just get a paper pushing job somewhere for close to that much with room for advancement.

HuK is at the peak of the professionals within his region/country (US/Canada/South-America) and anything less than 150-200k would be a huge disappointment since most top tier professionals in a respectable paper pushing company make around 750-1000k / year. That is TOP professional (as in top 1%) which HuK is at in his career.

Best of luck Chris.



You're wrong. You are not having a basic paper pushing job for "somewhere close" to $100,000 a year. 30-50k? Maybe. 50k is on the VERY high end of that.


After a achieving a professional designation, your average salary for a Chartered Accountant is just under 6 figures. I should know since I am in the industry.
badcnr
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada116 Posts
August 16 2011 21:57 GMT
#2810
On August 17 2011 06:51 x6Paramore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 03:16 Talco wrote:
On August 17 2011 00:59 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:

The last few weeks were the negotiation period of Huk's contract. We had known since a few months ago that it would be a difficult period. Coming off winning championships at Dreamhack and HSC, and with a legion of fans supporting him, it was obvious that there would be a lot of interest in acquiring HuK. For us, this meant making him an offer that we felt would rival any other offer that we thought could be made. To the furthest extent our finances would allow, we tried to keep HuK with the team. HuK, too, wanted to stay very much. He loved being a part of Liquid, and was willing to stay with us for significantly less than other teams. However, the offer that he received from EG wasn't just significant, it was potentially life-changing.

EG fully recognized HuK's value as a player, and were absolutely single-minded in making sure they received his signature. Huk was placed at a crossroads that could influence the rest of his life and made the choice that he thought was best for him. I understand EG's reasoning in going after NA's best player and biggest superstar, and HuK's decision for joining them.




I want to know how much his salary is!! It must be massive



This is definitely around 150,000USD or more. This means that HuK will be able to buy a car, put a down payment on a house and have enough money to live extremely comfortable.

The only problem is, if this contract over a period of at least 3 years, its not that great. If EG suddenly disappeared next year (not saying it will), he'd be out of a 6 figure salary to support his lifestyle.

Anything less than 100,000, I would consider not life that changing since you could probably just get a paper pushing job somewhere for close to that much with room for advancement.

HuK is at the peak of the professionals within his region/country (US/Canada/South-America) and anything less than 150-200k would be a huge disappointment since most top tier professionals in a respectable paper pushing company make around 750-1000k / year. That is TOP professional (as in top 1%) which HuK is at in his career.

Best of luck Chris.


well also depends on what else EG pays for. IF your paying for the house and all travel arrangements and what else they cover easily 60-100k would be a significant amount.
AgentV
Profile Joined November 2010
United States159 Posts
August 16 2011 21:58 GMT
#2811
lol everything is so fucking dramatic in esport these days.
Don Rag U
twoliter
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5 Posts
August 16 2011 21:58 GMT
#2812
glhf HuK

I'm kind of interested how this is going to go now that HuK and idra are on the same team.
"There's nothing cooler then being passionate about the things you love" -Day[9]
Grimsong
Profile Joined August 2010
United States252 Posts
August 16 2011 21:58 GMT
#2813
On August 17 2011 06:57 x6Paramore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 06:54 Grimsong wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:51 x6Paramore wrote:
On August 17 2011 03:16 Talco wrote:
On August 17 2011 00:59 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:

The last few weeks were the negotiation period of Huk's contract. We had known since a few months ago that it would be a difficult period. Coming off winning championships at Dreamhack and HSC, and with a legion of fans supporting him, it was obvious that there would be a lot of interest in acquiring HuK. For us, this meant making him an offer that we felt would rival any other offer that we thought could be made. To the furthest extent our finances would allow, we tried to keep HuK with the team. HuK, too, wanted to stay very much. He loved being a part of Liquid, and was willing to stay with us for significantly less than other teams. However, the offer that he received from EG wasn't just significant, it was potentially life-changing.

EG fully recognized HuK's value as a player, and were absolutely single-minded in making sure they received his signature. Huk was placed at a crossroads that could influence the rest of his life and made the choice that he thought was best for him. I understand EG's reasoning in going after NA's best player and biggest superstar, and HuK's decision for joining them.




I want to know how much his salary is!! It must be massive



This is definitely around 150,000USD or more. This means that HuK will be able to buy a car, put a down payment on a house and have enough money to live extremely comfortable.

The only problem is, if this contract over a period of at least 3 years, its not that great. If EG suddenly disappeared next year (not saying it will), he'd be out of a 6 figure salary to support his lifestyle.

Anything less than 100,000, I would consider not life that changing since you could probably just get a paper pushing job somewhere for close to that much with room for advancement.

HuK is at the peak of the professionals within his region/country (US/Canada/South-America) and anything less than 150-200k would be a huge disappointment since most top tier professionals in a respectable paper pushing company make around 750-1000k / year. That is TOP professional (as in top 1%) which HuK is at in his career.

Best of luck Chris.



You're wrong. You are not having a basic paper pushing job for "somewhere close" to $100,000 a year. 30-50k? Maybe. 50k is on the VERY high end of that.


After a achieving a professional designation, your average salary for a Chartered Accountant is just under 6 figures. I should know since I am in the industry.


Professional Chartered Accountant = Just getting a regular old paper pushing job for 100k? Think your wording was misleading.
tripper688
Profile Joined January 2011
United States569 Posts
August 16 2011 22:00 GMT
#2814
On August 17 2011 06:53 felizuno wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 06:41 tripper688 wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:37 felizuno wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:29 grobo wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:19 felizuno wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:12 grobo wrote:
On August 17 2011 05:59 felizuno wrote:
People are seriously treating this like Huk quit SC2, as if EG recruited him to play Dota

Same player, same skills, different letters in front of his name. More money in Huk's pocket too. What is the bad part?

Sorry all the EG anti-fans, it seems Huk didn't really take you into consideration when choosing what to do with HIS life... the tragedy, the horror! Better go cry some more, maybe that plus a million whiny posts will make him change his mind?

Edit: I love Liquid' but I love them for more than just having Huk on their team, in fact I am more excited about Sheth/Hero/Ret than I ever was about Huk


Dear, new guy.

Did it ever occur to you that some people might have been fans of Liquid as a whole team? and not just the player HuK? For the people that have been on Liquid and followed them for years, this is a pretty big deal.


dear,,,,,, guy who doesn't read,

what does the edit say (that you quoted which means it was there when you read the first line and hit reply)


I know what it said, if you love Liquid so much you would know that HuK was a huge part of Liquids success and it's a huge loss to have him switch team. I still love every single Liquid player but don't deny the fact that HuK was a huge part of their success.


I think Liquid was a huge part of Huk's success, not the other way around. And while it was nice to have the dream team for a week with Sheth/Ret/Hero/Huk I think Liquid will be just fine without him. It seems to be you that isn't a fan of the whole team, in contradiction to your original post. You seem to be saying "Liquid's future is bleak without Huk" which I refuse to agree with, I think Liquid will continue to build on their past successes.

The only thing that got harder is now they have to play against Huk lol


I agree that HuK benefited from Liquid more than the other way around but I don't think you can find fault with saying that HuK leaving is a big hit to the team...Results-wise he was one of their top 3 players atm, and currently, their only Code S player (here's to hoping that HerO steps it up). While Liquid's future is not bleak without HuK, it is a big hit to the strength of their team.


THAT I agree with, the other guy was making a different point. I agree that Huk was the top performer on Liquid in terms of #1 finishes and he was more consistent than their other top players. I just didn't agree with the guy saying that Liquid as a team is diminished, or that Huk was the only player on the team that was going to win anything. It is really a silly argument, he is just some moron on a power trip because he joined TL before me, which means he is infinitely right and I will never love TL with all my heart like he does. It only took him two posts to contradict himself and I called him out for it, if he had made the point YOU made I would have just agreed.


Dude...if you really think that is the case, I think you should re-read his post because I think you misinterpreted what he said by quite a bit. My post was actually in defense of his.
"Excuse me I gotta do some vacuuming really fast *vrrrrrrmmmmmmmmm*" Day[9]
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
August 16 2011 22:00 GMT
#2815
On August 17 2011 06:53 felizuno wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 06:41 tripper688 wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:37 felizuno wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:29 grobo wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:19 felizuno wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:12 grobo wrote:
On August 17 2011 05:59 felizuno wrote:
People are seriously treating this like Huk quit SC2, as if EG recruited him to play Dota

Same player, same skills, different letters in front of his name. More money in Huk's pocket too. What is the bad part?

Sorry all the EG anti-fans, it seems Huk didn't really take you into consideration when choosing what to do with HIS life... the tragedy, the horror! Better go cry some more, maybe that plus a million whiny posts will make him change his mind?

Edit: I love Liquid' but I love them for more than just having Huk on their team, in fact I am more excited about Sheth/Hero/Ret than I ever was about Huk


Dear, new guy.

Did it ever occur to you that some people might have been fans of Liquid as a whole team? and not just the player HuK? For the people that have been on Liquid and followed them for years, this is a pretty big deal.


dear,,,,,, guy who doesn't read,

what does the edit say (that you quoted which means it was there when you read the first line and hit reply)


I know what it said, if you love Liquid so much you would know that HuK was a huge part of Liquids success and it's a huge loss to have him switch team. I still love every single Liquid player but don't deny the fact that HuK was a huge part of their success.


I think Liquid was a huge part of Huk's success, not the other way around. And while it was nice to have the dream team for a week with Sheth/Ret/Hero/Huk I think Liquid will be just fine without him. It seems to be you that isn't a fan of the whole team, in contradiction to your original post. You seem to be saying "Liquid's future is bleak without Huk" which I refuse to agree with, I think Liquid will continue to build on their past successes.

The only thing that got harder is now they have to play against Huk lol


I agree that HuK benefited from Liquid more than the other way around but I don't think you can find fault with saying that HuK leaving is a big hit to the team...Results-wise he was one of their top 3 players atm, and currently, their only Code S player (here's to hoping that HerO steps it up). While Liquid's future is not bleak without HuK, it is a big hit to the strength of their team.


THAT I agree with, the other guy was making a different point. I agree that Huk was the top performer on Liquid in terms of #1 finishes and he was more consistent than their other top players. I just didn't agree with the guy saying that Liquid as a team is diminished, or that Huk was the only player on the team that was going to win anything. It is really a silly argument, he is just some moron on a power trip because he joined TL before me, which means he is infinitely right and I will never love TL with all my heart like he does. It only took him two posts to contradict himself and I called him out for it, if he had made the point YOU made I would have just agreed.



"I know what it said, if you love Liquid so much you would know that HuK was a huge part of Liquids success and it's a huge loss to have him switch team. I still love every single Liquid player but don't deny the fact that HuK was a huge part of their success."

This is what i wrote, please point out to me from that quote where i said that HuK is the only player that is going to win anything. I'm waiting
We make signature, then defense it.
x6Paramore
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada130 Posts
August 16 2011 22:01 GMT
#2816
On August 17 2011 06:58 Grimsong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 06:57 x6Paramore wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:54 Grimsong wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:51 x6Paramore wrote:
On August 17 2011 03:16 Talco wrote:
On August 17 2011 00:59 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:

The last few weeks were the negotiation period of Huk's contract. We had known since a few months ago that it would be a difficult period. Coming off winning championships at Dreamhack and HSC, and with a legion of fans supporting him, it was obvious that there would be a lot of interest in acquiring HuK. For us, this meant making him an offer that we felt would rival any other offer that we thought could be made. To the furthest extent our finances would allow, we tried to keep HuK with the team. HuK, too, wanted to stay very much. He loved being a part of Liquid, and was willing to stay with us for significantly less than other teams. However, the offer that he received from EG wasn't just significant, it was potentially life-changing.

EG fully recognized HuK's value as a player, and were absolutely single-minded in making sure they received his signature. Huk was placed at a crossroads that could influence the rest of his life and made the choice that he thought was best for him. I understand EG's reasoning in going after NA's best player and biggest superstar, and HuK's decision for joining them.





I want to know how much his salary is!! It must be massive



This is definitely around 150,000USD or more. This means that HuK will be able to buy a car, put a down payment on a house and have enough money to live extremely comfortable.

The only problem is, if this contract over a period of at least 3 years, its not that great. If EG suddenly disappeared next year (not saying it will), he'd be out of a 6 figure salary to support his lifestyle.

Anything less than 100,000, I would consider not life that changing since you could probably just get a paper pushing job somewhere for close to that much with room for advancement.

HuK is at the peak of the professionals within his region/country (US/Canada/South-America) and anything less than 150-200k would be a huge disappointment since most top tier professionals in a respectable paper pushing company make around 750-1000k / year. That is TOP professional (as in top 1%) which HuK is at in his career.

Best of luck Chris.



You're wrong. You are not having a basic paper pushing job for "somewhere close" to $100,000 a year. 30-50k? Maybe. 50k is on the VERY high end of that.


After a achieving a professional designation, your average salary for a Chartered Accountant is just under 6 figures. I should know since I am in the industry.


Professional Chartered Accountant = Just getting a regular old paper pushing job for 100k? Think your wording was misleading.


HuK spent 1 year perfecting his game. Professional Chartered Accounting designation takes like 2 years. Lets put the rest of HuK's "Other" gaming experience and clump it down to 1 year of experience... Therefore, if he worked just as hard at becoming a paper pusher, he'd make 100k right now wouldn't he?

Not only that, he's #1 right now as opposed to a paper pushing job where he'd make 100k at the middle of his tier.

So lets say he tried really hard and did really good.. 150K - 200k is what he should expect if hes one of the brightest paper pushers that exist.
sharktopus.
Profile Joined April 2011
United States456 Posts
August 16 2011 22:01 GMT
#2817
On August 17 2011 06:58 twoliter wrote:
glhf HuK

I'm kind of interested how this is going to go now that HuK and idra are on the same team.


I certainly don't see his play improving. If you look at the practice partners he left for the three match-ups and compare them to who he'll be practicing with now, it's fairly obvious that the level of play is significantly lower, at least in my opinion.

If Idra is his practice partner for PvZ, I foresee him losing a lot of PvZ match-ups in the future.
wobbly
Profile Joined January 2011
Denmark4 Posts
August 16 2011 22:01 GMT
#2818
you know HuK ( im not going to write liquid or EG because you dont deserve that) the only reason that i what sc2 still is that i had a man that was true...true too himself his fans and his team.

I am not here to flame you, but i am here to tell you that i am not going to be your fan anymore, i dont know if that is important to you, but let me tell you what it is...I am not going to wake up early to watch your stream, i am not going to watch MLG, i am not going to support SC2 anymore, since you and liquid was the only reason i am still here.

you leaving Liquid, a team that took you in while you still though that mothership builds was good and cute, and then leave them when you are the best player and get good results. This is in my eyes a betrayal in a degreed like few. EG is a fine team, but the value that liquid require is so high and that is the reason why people still watch them, even thou they still need to prove themself as the best team.

your the E-sport Puma, the basketball Le Bron James, the soccer Sol campel and so on...

I hope in my heart that you cant stay at oGs/liquid house in Korea, since you have no reason to stay there, you are no longer apart of the team and I hope you will regret this move and never come back.

I am so made and sad about this news, if you guys had posted this I would had payed some of the pay for HuK and so would EVERYONE here, because we are a family and we want to stay together ...but you dont want to and that is a shame.

this is my first post and most likely the only post that I ever write at liquid. That is how I feel. I am made and sad and I dont know how to tell how I feel...I dont want you back, since you dont fit in. I am full of shame because I been a fan since beta and watching you and felt like you were a good and loyal guy.

I cant believe you take money over personally. That is bad personality. Think about how the team feel about loosing the ace player, damn, I was rooting for you to get at Blizzcon so I would had had another reason to watch on the stream.

Last, I am so disappointed that I as a fan after a year get four lines
"A HUGE thanks to my fans, I give so much to try to do as much as I can for you guys and you guys return that 10x every time... I dont think there are any more die-hard fans then HuK fans, when i look at your art, blogs, pics, tweets, gifts, candy, etc. EVERYTHING, it makes me so happy to know that people are there to help me along the way and really do appreciate me as a player."

you have Nazgul and Team EG to write a long and "its okay" letter...damn I am a shame that I ever watch you.

Once apon a time your fan David from Denmark
x6Paramore
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada130 Posts
August 16 2011 22:02 GMT
#2819
On August 17 2011 06:58 twoliter wrote:
glhf HuK

I'm kind of interested how this is going to go now that HuK and idra are on the same team.


Chris: Hey Grack, wanna practice? I have important tournament coming up
Grack: fuck off
Chris: holy shit bro, they were only illusions, you didn't have to gg so fast...
tripper688
Profile Joined January 2011
United States569 Posts
August 16 2011 22:02 GMT
#2820
On August 17 2011 07:01 x6Paramore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 06:58 Grimsong wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:57 x6Paramore wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:54 Grimsong wrote:
On August 17 2011 06:51 x6Paramore wrote:
On August 17 2011 03:16 Talco wrote:
On August 17 2011 00:59 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:

The last few weeks were the negotiation period of Huk's contract. We had known since a few months ago that it would be a difficult period. Coming off winning championships at Dreamhack and HSC, and with a legion of fans supporting him, it was obvious that there would be a lot of interest in acquiring HuK. For us, this meant making him an offer that we felt would rival any other offer that we thought could be made. To the furthest extent our finances would allow, we tried to keep HuK with the team. HuK, too, wanted to stay very much. He loved being a part of Liquid, and was willing to stay with us for significantly less than other teams. However, the offer that he received from EG wasn't just significant, it was potentially life-changing.

EG fully recognized HuK's value as a player, and were absolutely single-minded in making sure they received his signature. Huk was placed at a crossroads that could influence the rest of his life and made the choice that he thought was best for him. I understand EG's reasoning in going after NA's best player and biggest superstar, and HuK's decision for joining them.





I want to know how much his salary is!! It must be massive



This is definitely around 150,000USD or more. This means that HuK will be able to buy a car, put a down payment on a house and have enough money to live extremely comfortable.

The only problem is, if this contract over a period of at least 3 years, its not that great. If EG suddenly disappeared next year (not saying it will), he'd be out of a 6 figure salary to support his lifestyle.

Anything less than 100,000, I would consider not life that changing since you could probably just get a paper pushing job somewhere for close to that much with room for advancement.

HuK is at the peak of the professionals within his region/country (US/Canada/South-America) and anything less than 150-200k would be a huge disappointment since most top tier professionals in a respectable paper pushing company make around 750-1000k / year. That is TOP professional (as in top 1%) which HuK is at in his career.

Best of luck Chris.



You're wrong. You are not having a basic paper pushing job for "somewhere close" to $100,000 a year. 30-50k? Maybe. 50k is on the VERY high end of that.


After a achieving a professional designation, your average salary for a Chartered Accountant is just under 6 figures. I should know since I am in the industry.


Professional Chartered Accountant = Just getting a regular old paper pushing job for 100k? Think your wording was misleading.


HuK spent 1 year perfecting his game. Professional Chartered Accounting designation takes like 2 years. Lets put the rest of HuK's "Other" gaming experience and clump it down to 1 year of experience... Therefore, if he worked just as hard at becoming a paper pusher, he'd make 100k right now wouldn't he?

Not only that, he's #1 right now as opposed to a paper pushing job where he'd make 100k at the middle of his tier.

So lets say he tried really hard and did really good.. 150K - 200k is what he should expect if hes one of the brightest paper pushers that exist.


Except we're not looking at paper pushers, we're talking about SC2 progamers in NA. As one of the top NA players, he should be making money at the top NA level. Whether or not it's in the 150k-200k range has nothing to do with how much he would make as a paper pusher.
"Excuse me I gotta do some vacuuming really fast *vrrrrrrmmmmmmmmm*" Day[9]
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 167 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech167
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 376
Leta 208
Dewaltoss 109
sSak 51
ZergMaN 33
Bale 33
NotJumperer 33
Aegong 31
Noble 13
yabsab 11
League of Legends
JimRising 558
Reynor37
Other Games
summit1g10989
olofmeister394
Sick220
Nina71
Happy32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick776
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1124
• Jankos500
• Stunt466
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 29m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 29m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 29m
Replay Cast
15h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.