• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:30
CEST 16:30
KST 23:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9454 users

Fantasy GSTL Season One - Page 22

Forum Index > News
575 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 29 Next All
Please don't copy/paste your team in this thread -- it turns into a spam fest really fast.

Use the Fantasy GSTL Discussion Thread to discuss your team.

Thanks!
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 07:32:30
June 22 2011 07:18 GMT
#421
On June 22 2011 15:46 DoomsVille wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2011 15:44 Koshi wrote:
On June 22 2011 03:41 figq wrote:
On June 22 2011 02:47 Koshi wrote:
I wonder how much the points change during the season? If a 1 point player goes for a all kill. How much points will he gain? Same question for a player with 4 points?
Also, is it possible that players change value when they don't play?
Yeah, hope someone clarifies the trading value calculation / or at least the likelihood and margin for change in value. Otherwise we can't assess properly the risks and costs for trading-based builds.

Admins? Can you and your unending wisdom please shed some light on this matter?

I really need to know this to make my last decisions. I have this very, very neat strategy that will make me n°1 if x and y play as good as they are. But I need to know how fast, how likely the points will change during the season.

It will also help greatly in picking my Team.

EDIT: removing player names

I saw the names! lol

So your strategy basically revolves around buying low, hoping a few players bump their value up and then trading them off? Good idea in theory but I don't think you're going to get the clarification you need to make it viable. Good luck.

Oh damn .
Well, it is a part of my strategy to get me to the top. Even if those 2 players don't perform at all, which I find unlikely, then my other players/team will give me enough points to end somewhere in the upper middle.
I had a good night of sleep.
RaizeL
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada5 Posts
June 22 2011 07:54 GMT
#422
Cheese :D

Main Team
5 (Z)July
3 (T)Keen (captain)
3 (Z)Kyrix
4 (P)NaNiwa
2 (T)Qxc
6 (T)Ryung
3 (Z)Sheth
2 (T)Taeja
8 Incredible Miracle

Anti Team
5 (P)San
2 (T)TheBest
6 (P)Trickster

Most players I picked are likely to be used in every four man rotation, either as an opening player, or as the one next to the ace. QXC and Sheth I just want to cheer for, plus they are cheap pointwise. No illusions of victory here though.

IM should be a good team...Nestea, Losira, MVP, and someone else? Yes!

Anti team...San seems to be slumping, and for five points, it should work. Trickster isn't worth six points in my opinion, and TheBest...read my team name. :D
Cheese :D
alda
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
France68 Posts
June 22 2011 09:02 GMT
#423
No really, would it be possible to have the formula which calculates trade costs ? I just prefer to play a game knowing all the rules exactly rather than having to guess.
aka FallinSky
thethingexe
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia28 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 09:39:39
June 22 2011 09:26 GMT
#424
Where is JYP from TSL?

EDIT: Nvm, It's TSL.Smart, should have used TLPD first.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 22 2011 09:29 GMT
#425
On June 22 2011 15:44 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2011 03:41 figq wrote:
On June 22 2011 02:47 Koshi wrote:
I wonder how much the points change during the season? If a 1 point player goes for a all kill. How much points will he gain? Same question for a player with 4 points?
Also, is it possible that players change value when they don't play?
Yeah, hope someone clarifies the trading value calculation / or at least the likelihood and margin for change in value. Otherwise we can't assess properly the risks and costs for trading-based builds.

Admins? Can you and your unending wisdom please shed some light on this matter?

I really need to know this to make my last decisions. I have this very, very neat strategy that will make me n°1 if x and y play as good as they are. But I need to know how fast, how likely the points will change during the season.

It will also help greatly in picking my Team.

Okéee, another question on top of the ones above. If you buy a player for 5 points and during the season he becomes a 8 point player. When you want to sell him, will he be worth 5 or 8 points?

I had a good night of sleep.
pretensile
Profile Joined August 2010
135 Posts
June 22 2011 09:40 GMT
#426
Is this for the regular season only, or does it include the playoffs as well?
Jobtha
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia6 Posts
June 22 2011 11:32 GMT
#427
On June 22 2011 18:29 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2011 15:44 Koshi wrote:
On June 22 2011 03:41 figq wrote:
On June 22 2011 02:47 Koshi wrote:
I wonder how much the points change during the season? If a 1 point player goes for a all kill. How much points will he gain? Same question for a player with 4 points?
Also, is it possible that players change value when they don't play?
Yeah, hope someone clarifies the trading value calculation / or at least the likelihood and margin for change in value. Otherwise we can't assess properly the risks and costs for trading-based builds.

Admins? Can you and your unending wisdom please shed some light on this matter?

I really need to know this to make my last decisions. I have this very, very neat strategy that will make me n°1 if x and y play as good as they are. But I need to know how fast, how likely the points will change during the season.

It will also help greatly in picking my Team.

Okéee, another question on top of the ones above. If you buy a player for 5 points and during the season he becomes a 8 point player. When you want to sell him, will he be worth 5 or 8 points?



Fairly sure he would be worth 8 points, it's the same with every fantasy sport I've played. I'm also interested in the above questions

and it says in the first post:
The trade price formula takes into account number of matches remaining -- so players with more matches remaining will have higher prices

At week 5, when Naniwa (4) has played 0 games, what kind of price would he rise to?
asperger
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden1310 Posts
June 22 2011 12:19 GMT
#428
I really think we should get points when our anti-team loses, right now it's more beneficial to choose players you don't think will get played over players you actually think are bad.
Nestea | Puzzle | DongRaeGu | YongHwa
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 22 2011 12:42 GMT
#429
On June 22 2011 20:32 Jobtha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2011 18:29 Koshi wrote:
On June 22 2011 15:44 Koshi wrote:
On June 22 2011 03:41 figq wrote:
On June 22 2011 02:47 Koshi wrote:
I wonder how much the points change during the season? If a 1 point player goes for a all kill. How much points will he gain? Same question for a player with 4 points?
Also, is it possible that players change value when they don't play?
Yeah, hope someone clarifies the trading value calculation / or at least the likelihood and margin for change in value. Otherwise we can't assess properly the risks and costs for trading-based builds.

Admins? Can you and your unending wisdom please shed some light on this matter?

I really need to know this to make my last decisions. I have this very, very neat strategy that will make me n°1 if x and y play as good as they are. But I need to know how fast, how likely the points will change during the season.

It will also help greatly in picking my Team.

Okéee, another question on top of the ones above. If you buy a player for 5 points and during the season he becomes a 8 point player. When you want to sell him, will he be worth 5 or 8 points?



Fairly sure he would be worth 8 points, it's the same with every fantasy sport I've played. I'm also interested in the above questions

and it says in the first post:
Show nested quote +
The trade price formula takes into account number of matches remaining -- so players with more matches remaining will have higher prices

At week 5, when Naniwa (4) has played 0 games, what kind of price would he rise to?


Yeah, will players that don't play gain points? That was one of my initial questions. Because it is also VERY important when picking your anti team.

But I got a pretty decent team going on right now. I am still doubting a bit over players that wont play in the first week, if it is worth it to swap them with players that play in the first week and then trade them between week 1 and 2.
I had a good night of sleep.
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
June 22 2011 15:27 GMT
#430
I think I've made the perfect team. Next time you will see my name is with a giant trophy beside it.
I'm a little nervous about picking STAugust though..
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
naux
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada738 Posts
June 22 2011 16:47 GMT
#431
"You pick 3 players that you think are bad. They will lose you points when they win."
should it be they will win you points when they lose?
Copenap
Profile Joined October 2010
723 Posts
June 22 2011 17:17 GMT
#432
omg I can't believe it starts tommorow, so looking forward to this. It makes the already exciting GSTL even more exciting.

My Team is gonna own you guys fo' realz.
Copenap
Profile Joined October 2010
723 Posts
June 22 2011 17:21 GMT
#433
On June 22 2011 21:42 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2011 20:32 Jobtha wrote:
On June 22 2011 18:29 Koshi wrote:
On June 22 2011 15:44 Koshi wrote:
On June 22 2011 03:41 figq wrote:
On June 22 2011 02:47 Koshi wrote:
I wonder how much the points change during the season? If a 1 point player goes for a all kill. How much points will he gain? Same question for a player with 4 points?
Also, is it possible that players change value when they don't play?
Yeah, hope someone clarifies the trading value calculation / or at least the likelihood and margin for change in value. Otherwise we can't assess properly the risks and costs for trading-based builds.

Admins? Can you and your unending wisdom please shed some light on this matter?

I really need to know this to make my last decisions. I have this very, very neat strategy that will make me n°1 if x and y play as good as they are. But I need to know how fast, how likely the points will change during the season.

It will also help greatly in picking my Team.

Okéee, another question on top of the ones above. If you buy a player for 5 points and during the season he becomes a 8 point player. When you want to sell him, will he be worth 5 or 8 points?



Fairly sure he would be worth 8 points, it's the same with every fantasy sport I've played. I'm also interested in the above questions

and it says in the first post:
The trade price formula takes into account number of matches remaining -- so players with more matches remaining will have higher prices

At week 5, when Naniwa (4) has played 0 games, what kind of price would he rise to?


Yeah, will players that don't play gain points? That was one of my initial questions. Because it is also VERY important when picking your anti team.

But I got a pretty decent team going on right now. I am still doubting a bit over players that wont play in the first week, if it is worth it to swap them with players that play in the first week and then trade them between week 1 and 2.


The amount of games left for a player will be considered when calculating the players skill points, how much of an influence it will have I can't tell you though. I really wouldn't focus too much on trading, since it will always cost you 1 point and at least 1 skill-point, since you have to trade for a player of lesser value (or higher for anti).
Archvil3
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark989 Posts
June 22 2011 19:17 GMT
#434
Can you trade a player worth 1 point or are you stuck with it ?
Let thy speech be better than silence, or be silent.
SlimeBagly
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
356 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 19:32:16
June 22 2011 19:31 GMT
#435
So, you get a point if your anti-player loses?
mutalisks are awesome!
Winterfrozz
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden357 Posts
June 22 2011 19:36 GMT
#436
Bah, I choosed boxer and now I realise he won't play.. T_T can't change now right?
Jazzi!
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 19:44:39
June 22 2011 19:41 GMT
#437
On June 23 2011 04:31 SlimeBagly wrote:
So, you get a point if your anti-player loses?
You get all the usual points, but with minus sign. At worst, a main teamer gets you 0pts. At best, an anti-teamer gets you 0pts.
On June 23 2011 04:36 Bobobberat wrote:
Bah, I choosed boxer and now I realise he won't play.. T_T can't change now right?
You can edit/view your team, just go to the same page for team submission as before.
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
SlimeBagly
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
356 Posts
June 22 2011 19:45 GMT
#438
On June 23 2011 04:41 figq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 04:31 SlimeBagly wrote:
So, you get a point if your anti-player loses?
You get all the usual points, but with minus sign. At worst, a main teamer gets you 0pts. At best, an anti-teamer gets you 0pts.
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 04:36 Bobobberat wrote:
Bah, I choosed boxer and now I realise he won't play.. T_T can't change now right?
You can edit/view your team, just go to the same page for team submission as before.


but you lose a point if your player wins, so wouldn't you get a point if your anti-player loses?

You certainly ought to, or else you'd just pick randos that will never actually get play time
mutalisks are awesome!
SlimeBagly
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
356 Posts
June 22 2011 19:47 GMT
#439
ah, but you get an antipoint for him getting play time... that seems like a silly system. I think you should be rewarded for picking players who will lose, not for picking players who will never play.
mutalisks are awesome!
Ghoststrikes
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1356 Posts
June 22 2011 20:03 GMT
#440
"Players and teams can be traded between weeks for those valued less than them."

So basically, having anyone of oGs this week is a waste of points if I can switch for them starting next week, right?
Never say die
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 940
ComeBackTV 606
SteadfastSC508
TaKeTV 361
IndyStarCraft 126
Rex102
EnkiAlexander 55
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 508
ProTech135
IndyStarCraft 126
Rex 102
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50043
Bisu 2025
Horang2 1304
EffOrt 1182
Soma 695
Mini 596
Hyuk 582
BeSt 501
Light 459
Larva 415
[ Show more ]
Rush 271
ZerO 220
910 86
Mong 86
Leta 82
Snow 57
firebathero 56
Pusan 49
ToSsGirL 45
Mind 37
Sexy 34
JYJ 31
Aegong 30
Terrorterran 22
Bale 21
Trap 15
Sacsri 15
Rock 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Noble 11
Shine 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6792
qojqva843
Counter-Strike
Fnx 751
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1501
Khaldor1142
Lowko478
Other Games
singsing2056
olofmeister1643
hiko1284
Beastyqt597
B2W.Neo429
Livibee195
Hui .186
Liquid`VortiX151
XaKoH 135
ArmadaUGS115
KnowMe82
djWHEAT80
Mew2King79
QueenE54
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream94
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2966
Other Games
• Shiphtur90
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 30m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 30m
Online Event
20h 30m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.