• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:56
CEST 00:56
KST 07:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10531 users

[GSL] Liquid`Jinro Ro4 Foreigner Special - Page 6

Forum Index > News
176 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
tapk69
Profile Joined January 2011
Portugal264 Posts
January 24 2011 18:03 GMT
#101
iPood , right now , in this moment , only mkp is probably better .. mvp style of tvt is different than mkp , and if jinro could beat MC he could beat mvp too even if its TvT , because Jinro TvT fits well against MVP i think. Don´t count Jinro out , because one thing we can all agree , he pretty much prepares for his opponent like no one , and hard work always gets people far . Hes not the best foreigner terran man , he´s the best foreigner . Thats it , every foreigner that comes to Korea now will have a though time to reach code S , making 2 final fours is almost impossible for foreigners that arrive now.
ja foste
ubersoph
Profile Joined October 2010
United States56 Posts
January 24 2011 18:18 GMT
#102
Jinro - I never post in these direct threads, but I just wanted to say thank you for the awesome games. I'm a Zerg main, but watching this past set has me considering Terran again.

Keep your head up and feel better soon!
"Never give up, trust your instincts!"
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
January 24 2011 18:20 GMT
#103
I was a little bummed out that Jinro lost to marineking but as mentioned, Marineking plays a certain of style unique to him. I'm happy for jinro to make it to the semis twice, very good results imo Well done jinro!
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
GreenTea1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States31 Posts
January 24 2011 18:22 GMT
#104
On January 24 2011 21:26 tapk69 wrote:
Jinro you are a great player , no doubt .. But if you really want to be like MVP or MKP on the ladder you should work hard on micro and tactics.. i like harrassing , but you do banshee and helion every single game .. i dont like that style , winning because a flying dark templar killed 15 scvs, that takes the beauty of the game for the spectator.. at least for me , i like to see mkp or mvp atacks , they almost never harrass , they just go there and destroy everything.. that is beautifull , its what MC does , hits that time and boom...

Good luck with the cold , the trainings and the next GSL that comes very fast..


i forgot to quote the other guy who replied to this, but he did mention that terran is a harassing race... if you think about it, the banshee, the hellion (with or without infernal preignitor), and the reaper are the best worker killing units in the game. even marine drops make mineral lines evaporate so quickly. i mean, compare that to other early game options of harass by the other races. a dt rush? colossus drop? a baneling drop, maybe.

i feel like combined with bunkers being salvageable and auto-repair being available kinda spells out that that's how the terran race currently is supposed to be played...it's always been a very defensive race, with harassment opportunities. (even in sc1, with the vulture and wraith)

but to be fair a kind of 'non harass and just kill him' playing style may be what entices you as a viewer. yes MVP or MKP might not harass and still roll over their opponents, but that doesn't mean that harassment doesn't have a place in sc2, either.
"Sometimes i think that the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
January 24 2011 18:25 GMT
#105
You're a beast man. I'm really impressed with both your results and the increase in your skill as of late - it's very noticeable.
Moderator
EdSlyB
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Portugal1621 Posts
January 24 2011 18:29 GMT
#106
Gogo Jinro!!

I hope to see you in the GSL 5 finals against IdrA
aka Wardo
D_K_night
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada615 Posts
January 24 2011 18:35 GMT
#107
Thanks Jinro, I'm a fan and I didn't realize that you were sick as well, during the matches against MarineKingPrime. I am also wondering, do you have any insights on the final match of tank/marine vs MMM?
Canada
MadSoju
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada19 Posts
January 24 2011 18:46 GMT
#108
Both Jinro and MKP played well, I thought, and IMO the matches were all pretty close. I'm a big Jinro fan and it's sad to see him lose, but it was interesting to watch how MKP managed to win the matches just by maneuvering his army extremely effectively, like in the matches on Jungle Basin and Xelnaga. And, in fact, in the first match on Scrap he almost came back from sure defeat again with maneuvers - a last ditch medivac drop. He managed to consistently attack in weak spots.

Funny enough, a Day[9] daily a few days ago mentioned how siege tanks could be problematic on Xelnaga for this very reason - ie more maneuverable armies can abuse the map, which is exactly what MKP did in that match. I don't think he even directly engaged Jinro's army until the very very end.

Very nice play from both though, and I feel like either could have taken it. Good luck next GSL Jinro!!
IronWolf
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
South Africa315 Posts
January 24 2011 18:57 GMT
#109
Well played Jinro..you did us proud again. Your play is going from strength to strength. You will win GSL!!
IronWolf
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
South Africa315 Posts
January 24 2011 19:01 GMT
#110
On January 25 2011 00:03 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2011 22:20 aebriol wrote:
On January 24 2011 21:59 Euronyme wrote:
On January 24 2011 21:26 tapk69 wrote:
Jinro you are a great player , no doubt .. But if you really want to be like MVP or MKP on the ladder you should work hard on micro and tactics.. i like harrassing , but you do banshee and helion every single game .. i dont like that style , winning because a flying dark templar killed 15 scvs, that takes the beauty of the game for the spectator.. at least for me , i like to see mkp or mvp atacks , they almost never harrass , they just go there and destroy everything.. that is beautifull , its what MC does , hits that time and boom...

Good luck with the cold , the trainings and the next GSL that comes very fast..


What?
It's basically how the game is meant to be played. That's TvT. MC doesn't harass because as much because... he's protoss. Same goes for Zergs. Terran is a harassing race.

Either way I hope Jinro gets better soon, so that he can play without sneezing and win the GSL 5

Jinro is a far better player than me, so I am sure he is aware of this, but the only real weakness in his style I've seen, is that his macro slips while he harass. His harass on the other hand, is extremely good, possibly the best I've seen in the GSL. But the micro does mean he slips on building up econ and units while doing it.

Anyway, that was critical, of one of the best players in the world, so probably wasn't worth saying Good luck, I am sure that you will do well in the next seasons too.

Its true, and part of why I want to focus on mechanics practice - Id like to be a bit faster.


This is why you will win. Knowing your strengths is easy, its knowing your weaknesses that makes you great!

O...and scout more
theherder2
Profile Joined September 2010
United States538 Posts
January 24 2011 19:09 GMT
#111
On January 24 2011 18:35 DND_Enkil wrote:
Show nested quote +
Both MarineKing and MVP are extremely active ladder players, and I think their ability to just beat opponents with standard, strong play saves them a lot of mental strength in the earlier rounds of GSLs, whereas I usually spend a lot of time and effort preparing new things from the first round to the last, energy that could be better saved for the later rounds I think.


I found this really interesting, knowing that the two best (arguably but up there somewhere at least) terrans spends most of thier practice time laddering. I also read from Jinros post that he mostly play practice games against teammates?

I might be wrong here, but i do think that is a very BW style of practising? Pherhaps since SC2 is still new just laddering away like crazy is a better option at this stage, at least until you get your standard play up to the same level as MVP and MKP.


I feel like with the new GSL format, practicing on the Ladder is definitely the way to go if you want to make it into the Ro8. Because you are only playing 1 game per opponent (for the most part) it doesn't promote playing the player rather than preparing for everything possible, ie Ladder practice.

When it gets back to Bo5+, then singular practice with house/teammates is better but in the early rounds Laddering should help more especially if you are high on ladder and will hit guys like MVP or MC a lot, imho.
Tatsuyasama
Profile Joined January 2011
Japan50 Posts
January 24 2011 19:10 GMT
#112
jinro have u ever consider too play only bio and air against mkp? i mean u saw the matches aginst nada and how he lost to drops(basetrades). its really hard to catch up with imobile units, when your productionfacilities gets destroyed by drops :/
its was smart to protect your main with torrets but unfortunately u cant sit back and macro until u feel like to attack. would be better if you play offensive against bio and hope he will drop and get owned by torrets.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-24 19:16:07
January 24 2011 19:10 GMT
#113
On January 25 2011 03:35 D_K_night wrote:
Thanks Jinro, I'm a fan and I didn't realize that you were sick as well, during the matches against MarineKingPrime. I am also wondering, do you have any insights on the final match of tank/marine vs MMM?

Nono, I was feeling 100% healthy right up until the games ended, it was SOOOO strange that I decided it could not possibly happen this quickly and I attributed it entirely to not sleeping well (thinking about the game etc, Im sure most people who play big tournaments dont sleep too well before big games), and went to the gym when I came home anyway.

Not a good idea, as it turns out. Apparently it IS possible to go from feeling perfectly fine to having a fever, headache, throatache etc in the space of a couple of hours. Good to know.

On January 25 2011 04:10 Tatsuyasama wrote:
jinro have u ever consider too play only bio and air against mkp? i mean u saw the matches aginst nada and how he lost to drops(basetrades). its really hard to catch up with imobile units, when your productionfacilities gets destroyed by drops :/
its was smart to protect your main with torrets but unfortunately u cant sit back and macro until u feel like to attack. would be better if you play offensive against bio and hope he will drop and get owned by torrets.

I have, and I will work on it - however I do think there is more room for improving my tank usage. In game 4, at several times I feel I could have done better with better decision making - for instance, I think you need to commit very clearly to base trading or going for a longer game, not be wishy washy and go out then go back to defend, because thats when you really get punished by the immobility.

Also, you cant overdo your defenses - in the fight at my watch tower, I was trying to join my 2 armies and thereby trap his 2nd army, but I believe I had either too much of my army in the defensive location, or was simply too slow to do this (or a combination of both) and he engaged before/simultaneously. I think this was a mistake by me, at least partly.

I think that tank/marine vs bio only in a base race is reasonably even, its just that he has been in this situation a lot more than me and is therefore better at it than me. A lot of the things I had decided before the game that I wanted to do, I did not actually do because its hard to implement everything in a high stress situation without being extremely comfortable with the situation - which as I said, I think MKP is.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
MadSoju
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada19 Posts
January 24 2011 19:37 GMT
#114
Sorry to double post, but I just read Jinro's reply about either defending and playing macro with harass, or full on basetrading in the MKP style game. Interesting comments. I saw on one of the GOMTV threads someone called MKP "basetradeking", which sums up what Jinro is saying about MKP being experienced in this kind of play.

Jinro, though he had the gold your banshee harass was devastating. Do you feel if you'd defended and kept up the harass, while slowly expanding in true macro-style you could have won it, even though he had the gold? Do you think Day[9]'s comment that seige tanks can be problematic on Xelnaga is valid, or do you think they can generally work with the correct strategy?

Awesome games, man. Jinro fighting!
Tatsuyasama
Profile Joined January 2011
Japan50 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-24 19:44:35
January 24 2011 19:41 GMT
#115
hmm i was watching matches against nada und yours.however the basetrade was allways in mkp favour bc he was allways able to snipe cc and was able to secure his own cc. i played in the last few days many matchup like that on kr server. i was focusing on making 2 viking groups (with 2 senser tower each direction) and denied any drop. i had good succes with it, and molsty forced him to a confrontation.

nonetheless im proud u got that far, and hope u will take it next time.
Epsilon8
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada173 Posts
January 24 2011 19:42 GMT
#116
On January 25 2011 02:53 iPood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2011 02:50 Epsilon8 wrote:
On January 25 2011 02:13 iPood wrote:
As long as MVP, MKP, Nestea, and MC participate, Jinro will never win GSL. But I really am a fan of Jinro now. I think he's the best foreigner terran.


Can you really call out someones skill level and potential like that? Can you see the future? Are you all knowing? If Jinro has the dedication and passion, which I'm pretty sure he does, he can attain the highest skill level.

it's possible. Anything's possible. It's just not probable.


Your level of arrogance disturbs me.
If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears.
Dankbeer
Profile Joined November 2010
United States61 Posts
January 24 2011 19:56 GMT
#117
Thanks for all the work put into the foreigner special! Looking forward to next season. Best of luck to Jinro.
Tomorrow comes today.
jaydee81
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany119 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-24 19:58:29
January 24 2011 19:57 GMT
#118
On January 25 2011 02:50 Epsilon8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2011 02:13 iPood wrote:
As long as MVP, MKP, Nestea, and MC participate, Jinro will never win GSL. But I really am a fan of Jinro now. I think he's the best foreigner terran.


Can you really call out someones skill level and potential like that? Can you see the future? Are you all knowing? If Jinro has the dedication and passion, which I'm pretty sure he does, he can attain the highest skill level.


I ranted about this on r/sc2 a while back, but it obviously won't go away.
I am a bit of the older generation (I am 29) and have loads of competative gaming history, all the way back to QW, so 15y+... it seems to be a trend only the last few years and especially with SC2 that random trolls seem to think they have an absolutely accurate estimate of somebodys skill and who will, without any doubt, beat that person.
This troll is even worst as he seems to think to have the knowledge that x1, x2, x3 and x4 will all beat y not only now, but at any given point in time.
If this has been the case in BW as well, most or some may not get my point, as they have gotten used to it - but this is not how I grew up in the competative gaming scene and more importantly, it is absolutely not true.
Just looking at the win percentages that any of the top players have on ladder, should tell any reasonable human being that there is nobody who wins even close to 100% of his matches, let alone against somebody who is very close to his skill level.
Cheers,
JD
pokemeanddie
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada37 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-24 20:06:19
January 24 2011 20:03 GMT
#119
MKP used a much heavier marauder composition in the last game, perhaps mixing a few viking + banshee into the main tank/marine army will allow Jinro more control over the map, especially on a map like xel'naga. If MKP tries to move his MMM army around the middle cavern or around the secret back doors the vikings will have free shots on the medivacs, also it will give Jinro a better grasp of the movement of MKP's army without having to use too many scans as well as spotting for the tanks allowing them to have an extra shot out before the stimmed marauder charges into them. Also with banshee poking at the marauders will force MKP to produce more marines which will melt to tanks much easier than marauders.

Looking forward to next season, Jinro fighting!
AWakefield
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada420 Posts
January 24 2011 20:13 GMT
#120
I'll always root for you Jinro. You're the best. Good luck in the next GSL. I'll be supporting you.

I was really hoping you'd pull through against MarineKing, but they were entertaining games that kept me at the edge of my seat. I really enjoyed them even if the outcome was not what I wanted.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 125
Vindicta 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11446
Artosis 561
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift3954
JimRising 581
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox712
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4687
Khaldor1107
Other Games
summit1g8368
shahzam631
FrodaN141
Mew2King95
ArmadaUGS93
NeuroSwarm77
ViBE59
JuggernautJason41
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 38
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie676
• Scarra455
• Shiphtur202
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 4m
Stellar Fest
14h 4m
OSC
23h 4m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 11h
Online Event
1d 12h
FEL
1d 17h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.