• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:50
CEST 01:50
KST 08:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9081 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 14 2020 02:11 GMT
#7
/in
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 00:58 GMT
#112
STAY TUNED FOR A GRACKARONI ANNOUNCEMENT
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 01:42 GMT
#118
GRACKARONI FOR MAYOR

[image loading]


The Liquidian People are tired of the CROOKED "politicians" who make lots of "promises" and don't follow through. Behind closed doors they laugh at hardworking Liquidian citizens like FECALFAEST and ALAKASLAM.. The Ruling classes of Liquidia (Raging Rayn and Shady 'Hapa' Hauli) have dominated Liquidian politics for TOO LONG.

It is time for honest middle class Liquidians to FIGHT. As your Mayor I pledge to CRUSH the "opposition". The night after my election I will consolidate power by executing my opponents. We will appropriate resources and distribute the spoils to all hardworking citizens (campaign supporters).

It is time we have a politician who stands up for working class Liquidians. We are not going to let the Liquidian political elites win again. This is a movement. People are standing up across Liquidia and saying, "I'm going to vote for Grackaroni and this is not an advertisement. Can I have my 50 bucks now?"

And I agree with those people. Together we are united. Together we have the power. Together we will vote Grack.

##Vote Grackaroni
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 02:10 GMT
#120
On November 24 2020 06:16 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 06:10 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 24 2020 05:55 Alakaslam wrote:
On November 24 2020 05:45 Hapahauli wrote:
Are you sadistic enough to involve yourself in politics? Will you announce your candidacy?

I will.

I think I’m pliable enough to listen to the town and not hijack the lynch with massive 460 mm japanese cannons (lookin’ at you, Yamato) and lynch who we agree upon. I’m open to suggestions and I’m town, I promise!

That being said, I fully intend to add my own opinion and put it out for review.

##Vote: Alakaslam

FF read the day post sir


Is your platform effectively that you will vote for whom the town desires (i.e. who the town "votes for" to be mafia)?


Yes

BUT THAT’s NOT ALL! I will also promise to be productive beyond the mayoral role. I just don’t want someone so good at the game that they get arrogant and do their own will getting elected instead to be honest.

What more could a mayor honestly promise though? To use the bodyguard? Like -_-

But let me read mayoral details again, maybe I am missing something.

I hear you and I share your concerns.

I recall another time when a past Liquidian mayor, let's call them HolyPear for purposes of anonymity, lynched the runner up for the office, PALMAR, against the wishes of his own constituents.

I beseeched him: "DON'T KILL PALMAR, HolyPear!!!!!" I said. But it was too late. HolyPear sliced through Palmar like a soft fruit. The crowd turned on Mayor Pear. "I"ll have your STEM for this!!!" they shouted. I tried to calm the crowd. He's not mafia; he's just a scrub!" But the crowd pushed for vengeance. By the next day his green juices were spilled on the floor of the town hall.

And so ends the tale of HolyPear. A cautionary tale, but one with an important lesson. Grackaroni was right. We would do well to listen and trust in Grackaroni, who is best known for his even-headed judge of character, or else we may be forever doomed to repeat the mistakes of HolyPear.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 02:37 GMT
#121
On November 24 2020 06:47 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 06:35 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 24 2020 06:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Okay does his non-answer mean anything to you then?


His non-answer is a small fact that may fit into the larger "puzzle" of his filter and play later on.

It does not mean anything to me without additional context.

Is there any reason that you are "boldly" reading TT as town early on? I kinda get that his game "contrasts" from the last one in that he is early/active/loosely-posting, but that's a pretty small sample size to be making any strong reads.

Okay, we'll see about that later on then. Then i am also not gonna post the follow up i was going to yet.

Yes that's the reason i am reading him town so far. The read is as strong as any half-an-hour-to-the-game-read can be. So yeah, not strong but the strongest i have so far.

Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 06:30 Alakaslam wrote:
I was hoping you would shit on my campaign or vote for me

Looks like hapa was right though, you’re here to question him.

You are right i am. Because honestly i want either him or me to be the mayor. I dont really care which one in case he is town. Because of two things i think that; One, the mayor has a bodyguard. In case hapa is town and mayor he becomes even "more very very valuable" asset to the town as it will take at least two night for mafia to get rid of him. I obviously also think i am better than anyone else (or at least on par) so the same goes for me. Two, you have a tendency to "drop out" at times and/or forget/fail to send in actions/properly read the game, and therefore i can name other people too that would in my opinion be more valuable as mayor in case they are town. I also dont like you take on the pardoner, but i dont think that means anything towards your alignment. Pardoner should pretty much never use the power. Period.

Right on cue the crooked political elites (Raging Rayn) is trying to keep power away from the working Slams.

The Liquidian people are tried of the same old political elites killing off hard working/hard to read Liquidians. They're killing off our Grackaronis; they're killing off our ShoCkeyys; they're killing off our Trfels; they're killing off our Ticktocks. The Liquidian people are dying at the hands of crooked elites. It is time to FIGHT.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 03:10 GMT
#122
On November 24 2020 09:15 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 09:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 24 2020 09:12 Alakaslam wrote:
Why is hapa NOT campaigning then?

Now this is actually a townie question i have been waiting anyone to ask.

Well

Yeah which is why you wanting it to be you or him was sus as hell but then Trfel came and put his pants on his head and shat on the carpet so I was too busy going “wtf” at that.

Plus the occam’s razor hamblin’s razor whichever one.

Occam's razor is that the simplest solution is often the right one.
Hanlon's razor is to not attribute things to malice which could be attributed to ignorance.

I don't think that would apply in a mafia game though.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 03:24 GMT
#127
I'm a bit surprised you're going for mayor. (I'll have to break character for a second) If you're just looking to kill whoever Rayn/Hapa says wouldn't it make sense to give the bodyguard to one of them.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 03:51 GMT
#128
On November 24 2020 09:57 Hapahauli wrote:
Regardless if you take offense or not, that was uncalled for on my part. I do feel as if the "theme" of our last few games played is that you attribute certain qualities to my very early-game town plan, I do not meet those "expectations", and I get called mafia for a longer period of time than I would prefer.

It is a bit of a self-meta thing, but I tend to dislike making any sort of concrete reads in the early game unless I am very confident in the read. Once I articulate a read, I find it very mentally difficult to go back and re-evaluate it seriously. Hence, I keep my reads "notepad", but I do avoid posting every little one in thread, lest I inadvertently commit myself to a town read for bad reasons.

Regarding Mayor... I kinda don't want to run? It's a lot of responsibility, and I tend to enjoy games more where I am not forced to take a leadership role. If it becomes apparent that there is no good choice for mayor, I will likely campaign for myself. But I'd like to avoid that if possible.

I almost never make early reads unless I get the sense that I'm on track to be lynched if I don't start taking stances.

I just don't tend to get strong feeling from the first few things people post unless something strikes me as exceptionally out of character or inconsistent.

Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 04:56 GMT
#129
On November 24 2020 12:14 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 11:10 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 06:16 Alakaslam wrote:
On November 24 2020 06:10 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 24 2020 05:55 Alakaslam wrote:
On November 24 2020 05:45 Hapahauli wrote:
Are you sadistic enough to involve yourself in politics? Will you announce your candidacy?

I will.

I think I’m pliable enough to listen to the town and not hijack the lynch with massive 460 mm japanese cannons (lookin’ at you, Yamato) and lynch who we agree upon. I’m open to suggestions and I’m town, I promise!

That being said, I fully intend to add my own opinion and put it out for review.

##Vote: Alakaslam

FF read the day post sir


Is your platform effectively that you will vote for whom the town desires (i.e. who the town "votes for" to be mafia)?


Yes

BUT THAT’s NOT ALL! I will also promise to be productive beyond the mayoral role. I just don’t want someone so good at the game that they get arrogant and do their own will getting elected instead to be honest.

What more could a mayor honestly promise though? To use the bodyguard? Like -_-

But let me read mayoral details again, maybe I am missing something.

I hear you and I share your concerns.

I recall another time when a past Liquidian mayor, let's call them HolyPear for purposes of anonymity, lynched the runner up for the office, PALMAR, against the wishes of his own constituents.

I beseeched him: "DON'T KILL PALMAR, HolyPear!!!!!" I said. But it was too late. HolyPear sliced through Palmar like a soft fruit. The crowd turned on Mayor Pear. "I"ll have your STEM for this!!!" they shouted. I tried to calm the crowd. He's not mafia; he's just a scrub!" But the crowd pushed for vengeance. By the next day his green juices were spilled on the floor of the town hall.

And so ends the tale of HolyPear. A cautionary tale, but one with an important lesson. Grackaroni was right. We would do well to listen and trust in Grackaroni, who is best known for his even-headed judge of character, or else we may be forever doomed to repeat the mistakes of HolyPear.

But I saw Will too!

He is headstrong. UK lawyers be like dat

I don't think he's a lawyer. Or at least the last time I called him a lawyer he denied being one.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 04:59 GMT
#131
On November 24 2020 13:57 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 12:51 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 09:57 Hapahauli wrote:
Regardless if you take offense or not, that was uncalled for on my part. I do feel as if the "theme" of our last few games played is that you attribute certain qualities to my very early-game town plan, I do not meet those "expectations", and I get called mafia for a longer period of time than I would prefer.

It is a bit of a self-meta thing, but I tend to dislike making any sort of concrete reads in the early game unless I am very confident in the read. Once I articulate a read, I find it very mentally difficult to go back and re-evaluate it seriously. Hence, I keep my reads "notepad", but I do avoid posting every little one in thread, lest I inadvertently commit myself to a town read for bad reasons.

Regarding Mayor... I kinda don't want to run? It's a lot of responsibility, and I tend to enjoy games more where I am not forced to take a leadership role. If it becomes apparent that there is no good choice for mayor, I will likely campaign for myself. But I'd like to avoid that if possible.

I almost never make early reads unless I get the sense that I'm on track to be lynched if I don't start taking stances.

I just don't tend to get strong feeling from the first few things people post unless something strikes me as exceptionally out of character or inconsistent.

Grackaroni, can I ask what the purpose of this post was?

Commiseration
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 05:11 GMT
#134
On November 24 2020 14:06 Trfel wrote:
Hm.

Because to me, it seems very out of place. No one asked you for any reads or what you thought about early game reads. It doesn't read like you're defending Hapahauli or his statement, the only relation is that Hapahauli's post is quoted. And to top it off, you threw in a wishy-washy backsies clause at the end.

And while me and my microscopic vocabulary had to look up the definition of commiseration, I don't really see how it fits that either, or why that would even be needed here.

One point I could forgive, but all together it seems like quite a strange post to me.

Hapa's statement is fine with me. I understand not being a player who jumps the gun with early conclusions.

I'm not sure what you're on about with your backsies clause I was just relating my own experience lol. To be honest I think you're trying to dig yourself out of a hole from how you were percieved earlier.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 05:30 GMT
#136
On November 24 2020 14:23 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 14:11 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:06 Trfel wrote:
Hm.

Because to me, it seems very out of place. No one asked you for any reads or what you thought about early game reads. It doesn't read like you're defending Hapahauli or his statement, the only relation is that Hapahauli's post is quoted. And to top it off, you threw in a wishy-washy backsies clause at the end.

And while me and my microscopic vocabulary had to look up the definition of commiseration, I don't really see how it fits that either, or why that would even be needed here.

One point I could forgive, but all together it seems like quite a strange post to me.

Hapa's statement is fine with me. I understand not being a player who jumps the gun with early conclusions.

I'm not sure what you're on about with your backsies clause I was just relating my own experience lol. To be honest I think you're trying to dig yourself out of a hole from how you were percieved earlier.
What hole? (rhetorical) And sure, I get that you're fine with Hapahauli's statement, but it doesn't really warrant defending, and even if it did that would be a really weird way of doing it. Thus, your post was quite pointless.

A pointless post doesn't guarantee someone to be mafia, but I'm happy to jump on it for now. I don't think I need anything else from you at the moment, I'll see how you play and continue to evaluate.

Rayn called out one of your posts and Slam says you shat on the carpet and all of a sudden you're yelling about my backsies and acting tough.

I don't really care about Hapa's post one way or another. If he had said that pre-game I would have responded the same.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 05:43 GMT
#138
On November 24 2020 14:33 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 14:30 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:23 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:11 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:06 Trfel wrote:
Hm.

Because to me, it seems very out of place. No one asked you for any reads or what you thought about early game reads. It doesn't read like you're defending Hapahauli or his statement, the only relation is that Hapahauli's post is quoted. And to top it off, you threw in a wishy-washy backsies clause at the end.

And while me and my microscopic vocabulary had to look up the definition of commiseration, I don't really see how it fits that either, or why that would even be needed here.

One point I could forgive, but all together it seems like quite a strange post to me.

Hapa's statement is fine with me. I understand not being a player who jumps the gun with early conclusions.

I'm not sure what you're on about with your backsies clause I was just relating my own experience lol. To be honest I think you're trying to dig yourself out of a hole from how you were percieved earlier.
What hole? (rhetorical) And sure, I get that you're fine with Hapahauli's statement, but it doesn't really warrant defending, and even if it did that would be a really weird way of doing it. Thus, your post was quite pointless.

A pointless post doesn't guarantee someone to be mafia, but I'm happy to jump on it for now. I don't think I need anything else from you at the moment, I'll see how you play and continue to evaluate.

Rayn called out one of your posts and Slam says you shat on the carpet and all of a sudden you're yelling about my backsies and acting tough.

I don't really care about Hapa's post one way or another. If he had said that pre-game I would have responded the same.
At this point I'm almost more confused by your reaction than the initial post itself?

I'm not yelling and I'm not acting tough, I'm not even being tough? I'm deeply confused here. Though if I did something to upset you, I truly am sorry, that was not my intention at all.

Meh that's fine.

I don't understand part of your accusation but I think perhaps I misread the end of your post as a bit of showmanship like you're overly playing to an audience.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 06:06 GMT
#141
On November 24 2020 14:52 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 14:43 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:33 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:30 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:23 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:11 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:06 Trfel wrote:
Hm.

Because to me, it seems very out of place. No one asked you for any reads or what you thought about early game reads. It doesn't read like you're defending Hapahauli or his statement, the only relation is that Hapahauli's post is quoted. And to top it off, you threw in a wishy-washy backsies clause at the end.

And while me and my microscopic vocabulary had to look up the definition of commiseration, I don't really see how it fits that either, or why that would even be needed here.

One point I could forgive, but all together it seems like quite a strange post to me.

Hapa's statement is fine with me. I understand not being a player who jumps the gun with early conclusions.

I'm not sure what you're on about with your backsies clause I was just relating my own experience lol. To be honest I think you're trying to dig yourself out of a hole from how you were percieved earlier.
What hole? (rhetorical) And sure, I get that you're fine with Hapahauli's statement, but it doesn't really warrant defending, and even if it did that would be a really weird way of doing it. Thus, your post was quite pointless.

A pointless post doesn't guarantee someone to be mafia, but I'm happy to jump on it for now. I don't think I need anything else from you at the moment, I'll see how you play and continue to evaluate.

Rayn called out one of your posts and Slam says you shat on the carpet and all of a sudden you're yelling about my backsies and acting tough.

I don't really care about Hapa's post one way or another. If he had said that pre-game I would have responded the same.
At this point I'm almost more confused by your reaction than the initial post itself?

I'm not yelling and I'm not acting tough, I'm not even being tough? I'm deeply confused here. Though if I did something to upset you, I truly am sorry, that was not my intention at all.

Meh that's fine.

I don't understand part of your accusation but I think perhaps I misread the end of your post as a bit of showmanship like you're overly playing to an audience.
If I can help you understand something please let me know and I'll happily try; I guess at this point I was more curious to see what you do from here, I'm not sure if continuing to discuss these points with you at this time will bear much more fruit.

Do you have any thoughts on Alakaslam and/or why I have a town lean on him?

I don't understand what you mean when you say I threw a wishy-washy backsy-clause in my post, though I don't think you understand the intention of my post to begin with. I wasn't weighing in either way on Hapa's alignment. I was just sharing my own feeling about being expected to make early game reads.

For your Slam read I don't agree. It seems like Slam is earnestly trying to become mayor but it seems a bit out of character to me. He pretty frequently tries to lynch himself to avoid being in LYLO as town so I don't know why town Slam would want to place extra responsibility on himself to decide the lynch all by himself.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 14:11 GMT
#163
On November 24 2020 21:51 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 15:06 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:52 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:43 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:33 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:30 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:23 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:11 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:06 Trfel wrote:
Hm.

Because to me, it seems very out of place. No one asked you for any reads or what you thought about early game reads. It doesn't read like you're defending Hapahauli or his statement, the only relation is that Hapahauli's post is quoted. And to top it off, you threw in a wishy-washy backsies clause at the end.

And while me and my microscopic vocabulary had to look up the definition of commiseration, I don't really see how it fits that either, or why that would even be needed here.

One point I could forgive, but all together it seems like quite a strange post to me.

Hapa's statement is fine with me. I understand not being a player who jumps the gun with early conclusions.

I'm not sure what you're on about with your backsies clause I was just relating my own experience lol. To be honest I think you're trying to dig yourself out of a hole from how you were percieved earlier.
What hole? (rhetorical) And sure, I get that you're fine with Hapahauli's statement, but it doesn't really warrant defending, and even if it did that would be a really weird way of doing it. Thus, your post was quite pointless.

A pointless post doesn't guarantee someone to be mafia, but I'm happy to jump on it for now. I don't think I need anything else from you at the moment, I'll see how you play and continue to evaluate.

Rayn called out one of your posts and Slam says you shat on the carpet and all of a sudden you're yelling about my backsies and acting tough.

I don't really care about Hapa's post one way or another. If he had said that pre-game I would have responded the same.
At this point I'm almost more confused by your reaction than the initial post itself?

I'm not yelling and I'm not acting tough, I'm not even being tough? I'm deeply confused here. Though if I did something to upset you, I truly am sorry, that was not my intention at all.

Meh that's fine.

I don't understand part of your accusation but I think perhaps I misread the end of your post as a bit of showmanship like you're overly playing to an audience.
If I can help you understand something please let me know and I'll happily try; I guess at this point I was more curious to see what you do from here, I'm not sure if continuing to discuss these points with you at this time will bear much more fruit.

Do you have any thoughts on Alakaslam and/or why I have a town lean on him?

I don't understand what you mean when you say I threw a wishy-washy backsy-clause in my post, though I don't think you understand the intention of my post to begin with. I wasn't weighing in either way on Hapa's alignment. I was just sharing my own feeling about being expected to make early game reads.

For your Slam read I don't agree. It seems like Slam is earnestly trying to become mayor but it seems a bit out of character to me. He pretty frequently tries to lynch himself to avoid being in LYLO as town so I don't know why town Slam would want to place extra responsibility on himself to decide the lynch all by himself.


Somehow I missed this post when i first read through the thread.
You get +town points and a vote from me.
grack for mayor!
Drain the swamp!

A 2nd vote.

I think this may be my most successful Mayoral campaign yet.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 15:35 GMT
#176
On November 25 2020 00:28 Tictock wrote:
Going to get some sleep finnaly.

This is the post that makes me want to lynch FF
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 17:28 Fecalfeast wrote:
i forgot sorry hi what's up


He had made several posts before this, so why is he making apologies and excuses. His next post even suggests he remembered he was running for mayor.

lol have you been playing WoW since the start of the game?
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 15:47 GMT
#182
On November 25 2020 00:42 Hapahauli wrote:
@ Jock

I have noticed that you have been critical of Slam's "joke" candidacy.

Why then are you voting for Grack's campaign?

[image loading]
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 15:56 GMT
#183
Is Rayn also not planning to run for Mayor?
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 16:33 GMT
#192
On November 25 2020 00:34 Hapahauli wrote:
Trfel and Slam strike me as very town on a second readthrough.

Slam is noticeably posting "lighter" and "happier". I wasn't really convinced with the read, but having looked through some previous scumgames of his this morning, my confidence interval is pretty high on his alignment.

Trfel's posting is also dead-on with his previous town games. His entrance shows he is reading the thread. He also has this "peculiar" way of making his reads as town, which I will elaborate on if I feel he is in danger of getting lynched. I think he has also appropriately pinged Grack's posts, as well as Rayn's relative passivity, which shows a degree of careful reading in the early game

Grack's entrance to the game is a lot of bravado and not a lot of substance. The mayoral "campaign" can be interpreted as anything. His interaction with Trfel strikes me as scummy, because he spends time implying that Trfel is mafia without actually concretely saying anything.

Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 14:11 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:06 Trfel wrote:
Hm.

Because to me, it seems very out of place. No one asked you for any reads or what you thought about early game reads. It doesn't read like you're defending Hapahauli or his statement, the only relation is that Hapahauli's post is quoted. And to top it off, you threw in a wishy-washy backsies clause at the end.

And while me and my microscopic vocabulary had to look up the definition of commiseration, I don't really see how it fits that either, or why that would even be needed here.

One point I could forgive, but all together it seems like quite a strange post to me.

Hapa's statement is fine with me. I understand not being a player who jumps the gun with early conclusions.

I'm not sure what you're on about with your backsies clause I was just relating my own experience lol. To be honest I think you're trying to dig yourself out of a hole from how you were percieved earlier.


Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 14:30 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:23 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:11 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:06 Trfel wrote:
Hm.

Because to me, it seems very out of place. No one asked you for any reads or what you thought about early game reads. It doesn't read like you're defending Hapahauli or his statement, the only relation is that Hapahauli's post is quoted. And to top it off, you threw in a wishy-washy backsies clause at the end.

And while me and my microscopic vocabulary had to look up the definition of commiseration, I don't really see how it fits that either, or why that would even be needed here.

One point I could forgive, but all together it seems like quite a strange post to me.

Hapa's statement is fine with me. I understand not being a player who jumps the gun with early conclusions.

I'm not sure what you're on about with your backsies clause I was just relating my own experience lol. To be honest I think you're trying to dig yourself out of a hole from how you were percieved earlier.
What hole? (rhetorical) And sure, I get that you're fine with Hapahauli's statement, but it doesn't really warrant defending, and even if it did that would be a really weird way of doing it. Thus, your post was quite pointless.

A pointless post doesn't guarantee someone to be mafia, but I'm happy to jump on it for now. I don't think I need anything else from you at the moment, I'll see how you play and continue to evaluate.

Rayn called out one of your posts and Slam says you shat on the carpet and all of a sudden you're yelling about my backsies and acting tough.

I don't really care about Hapa's post one way or another. If he had said that pre-game I would have responded the same.


Vivax's entrance is uninspiring and scummy, since he makes 6 pointless posts about reads that he's not read enough of the thread to be confident on.

The reason is that I didn't like the way he was construing/attacking my post. To me it seemed like he just decided he needed someone to attack at that moment and that I'd make a good target.

I guess I view the game differently since I make lots of posts without any bearing to reads on the game or posts that are outright shitposts.

I'd be curious in what you mean by him appropriately pinging my post though. You feel that what I said had no relation to what you said and think I was being too wishy-washy by not saying that I'd never post a read early on?
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 17:46 GMT
#208
On November 25 2020 01:37 Vivax wrote:
Grack have you arrived to anything conclusion-wise in regards to Trfel?

Or any other player for that matter. Feels like now you're just sitting back waiting to see what gets thrown at you.

I really just don't get quick reads the way other people tend to do. I actually spend a lot of time reading too funnily enough.

You're right that Trfel seems pretty comfortable when talking about me/Rayn but I do think his opening post was an uncomfortable one.

I expected to be scum reading Jock going into a filter dive but I came out thinking his point on Trfel is actually a good one. Trfel seemed like he really wanted to push out his read that Slam was approaching his mayor run in a townie way, but then at the end he's waffling because Slam is being persistent?

The only thing I'd feel pretty strongly so far is that Hapa is town.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12497
Rain 654
Artosis 619
White-Ra 204
ToSsGirL 40
Dota 2
monkeys_forever515
NeuroSwarm152
League of Legends
Doublelift4398
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1347
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1832
Other Games
summit1g7872
Grubby2367
ArmadaUGS718
shahzam599
JimRising 488
Day[9].tv458
C9.Mang0299
ViBE151
Maynarde103
Trikslyr55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick726
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• davetesta34
• musti20045 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1307
• Day9tv458
• Shiphtur284
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 10m
OSC
13h 10m
Stellar Fest
13h 10m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.