• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:44
CEST 11:44
KST 18:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7484 users

[M][N] Medic Mafia - Page 22

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 All
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 14 2018 21:08 GMT
#2265
On March 15 2018 06:05 n00bKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2018 05:57 Holyflare wrote:
I haven't always been this way, phone posting and work made me lazy and I spew whatever is on my mind. If it's wrong or "pushing mafia agenda" it's simply because I had 30 seconds at work to post something that I thought was correct but turns out wasn't.

If you were to say things like "what about this idea? Would that be good for us or no?" and it's a scum-favored plan, that wouldn't be so bad. But that's not what you did. It was "let's do this" and it's a scum-favored plan. No town player should ever be guilty of that. When you catch a player doing that, they should be scumread for it.

And if you're in a spot where you don't have time to see if something you're saying is correct or not...maybe WAIT? Until you can actually look and see if what you're saying is FALSE, before you post it. At very least, if you don't have time to fact-check yourself, you can say so. Mention that you're posting without checking, and say that someone else should double-check for you, because you might be wrong. You did none of that. You just presented things as fact that were not. That's what scum does, when they hope no one will read back and catch them.

I have an MRI and will the rest of the phase. So if you have any further response, you'll have to wait for mine til post-game. Bye


Tbf...what you said wasn't always factually correct either. Since we're being critical right now.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 14 2018 21:21 GMT
#2270
Oh I can't even decide, lol >< who the other healed player should be. It doesn't matter if nk has left though, so \o/

If Viva is scum he bussed moosy n2 cuz reasons? Which would frankly be the center of attention and nothing else if the shot had gone through on me, which is the only result he could have reasonably expected. Sure, you could argue it gets him townread and he can then carry the game, but idk why bother. Moosy could have conceivably survived another lynch/night probably without Viva ushering things along.

I think I'd buy df going for the mad playz over that if he thought I'd help nk lynch hf. Moosy not getting shot was not something mafia could really control. I'm not sure how much of a difference two vs one town kill made in that scenario. So that's possible, actually. His day 3 play even supports it.

FF...other than the tonal thing about his play right after flip, I have no reason to read him as anything.

Lol >< blah. Yeah all of this is wifomy nonsense for the most part. Tonally I don't particularly care for Vivax this night phase, but I don't think that outweighs my reasons for his being town.

I'd say, gun to my head, if you lynch Viva last we probably win. Probably. And who knows if I'd change that opinion by actually reading the thread tomorrow if I'm still around to do so, heh.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 14 2018 21:29 GMT
#2276
I'm a dork. I mean, don't lynch viva lol.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 14 2018 22:02 GMT
#2283
On March 15 2018 06:56 darthfoley wrote:
yall are really tripping if you think I have a chance to be mafia here

-shrugs-
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 14 2018 22:32 GMT
#2289
-bounces- not long now
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 14 2018 23:05 GMT
#2296
yay!

i actually called the scum team early for once! thanks df <3
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 15 2018 00:04 GMT
#2315
On March 15 2018 08:55 AMG wrote:
Good game overall.

I never really got HF as mafia at all this game or understood anyone that was pushing it. Nor did i see df as anything but town. or rsoultin. Lots of townies making themselves really townie made things easier, not many places to hide.

And yes, Ive been floating around this site since 2013 or so. I play rarely. I will say that my drive to play disappeared right around the time marv did also.


-pokes- Hope I didn't offend you! My main reason for finding your kill weird was that you seemed pretty lost after the prp kill, which was inevitable enough that I didn't think that would be enough to get a player shot. It wasn't because you were a bad kill.

I can be a baddy early game, especially when I'm having trouble finding mafia in general lol >< (And late game. And mid game.)

Also, I echo the props to moosy/nk. It's tough to stay that involved in a game like this. You guys definitely had a chance, probably more of a chance than it felt like you had. D3 really seemed like it could go about anywhere until the very end or so.

"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 15 2018 00:10 GMT
#2318
On March 15 2018 09:05 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2018 08:52 Mocsta wrote:
On March 15 2018 08:39 darthfoley wrote:
On March 15 2018 08:28 Mocsta wrote:
On March 15 2018 08:16 darthfoley wrote:
Like I have an 11 page filter and plenty of content inside it. I'm really not sure what your criticism is supposed to mean.

And yea, game was way too setup dependent. But i'm always down to try new things and I appreciate Calix for hosting it well
Why assume a comment about being "independent" is a criticism?

All it means is that your actions are difficult to predict - and is a fact, rather a flaw or criticism.

For players whom tone read (or as I prefer, rely on the nuance of prediction); this can prove to be a very difficult challenge to overcome.



Because you said you mostly agreed with n00bking who wrote an essay about extraneous factors that all ended up sounding like whining.

Like yea, afk people playing mafia suck balls. Idk why prplhz even signs up for games tbh. But he does, so you have to accept that if you're going to play on TL Mafia.
Of course I agree with much of it, given, there are similarities to why I said I would stop playing as well.

You can choose to think it is whining, or not valid; however, the dwindling population on TLMafia is more complicated than people got older and stopped playing SC2.

Personally, I think TLMafia tends towards an abusive/bullying culture.
Some people are OK with this; some do not yet realise it is abuse; and the majority pack up and leave.



Regardless of that, I agree with you that with 115 odd pages; there was enough content between all remaining parties to figure this game out.


I guess that's your opinion. Games get heated and people get mad but from what I remember, old games with people like robotik (??) and people like that flamed much more hardcore. I only started playing TL mafia in 2015 even though I had been on the site since 2011. I enjoy the challenge of games and feel like the players that do play are generally decently high level. I've always been good at compartmentalizing things (e.g. insults in game, etc.) and not take them personally; I realize other people struggle with it.

But that's not what n00bking's rant was about. He basically wrote an essay whining that we didn't lynch HF because his reasons were so carefully and perfectly crafted, and that there were AFK people. He never mentioned anything about cyber bullying and the stuff you mentioned. News flash: people here have played with HF for literally 3-6 years. Meta matters.

As HF said, part of mafia is being able to sell your case, regardless of alignment. NK tried hard enough but ultimately wasn't convincing enough. Idk why that needs a rant


Yeah, I have to agree that the atmosphere on TL in terms of bullying and being nasty seems to have improved. It certainly seemed worse when I was playing here regularly a few years ago.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 15 2018 00:51 GMT
#2323
On March 15 2018 09:16 AMG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2018 09:04 rsoultin wrote:
On March 15 2018 08:55 AMG wrote:
Good game overall.

I never really got HF as mafia at all this game or understood anyone that was pushing it. Nor did i see df as anything but town. or rsoultin. Lots of townies making themselves really townie made things easier, not many places to hide.

And yes, Ive been floating around this site since 2013 or so. I play rarely. I will say that my drive to play disappeared right around the time marv did also.


-pokes- Hope I didn't offend you! My main reason for finding your kill weird was that you seemed pretty lost after the prp kill, which was inevitable enough that I didn't think that would be enough to get a player shot. It wasn't because you were a bad kill.

I can be a baddy early game, especially when I'm having trouble finding mafia in general lol >< (And late game. And mid game.)

Also, I echo the props to moosy/nk. It's tough to stay that involved in a game like this. You guys definitely had a chance, probably more of a chance than it felt like you had. D3 really seemed like it could go about anywhere until the very end or so.




Oh not at all, I think i mentioned in obs that we were ALL struggling to find mafia early game and it was really starting to show. Everyone was standing around saying BUT WHOS MAFIA to each other and the response was a shrug. That really is a credit to moosey and noobkings early play to stay off nearly every bodies radar, they did quite well in that regard and I think town did equally well to not go feral on itself when there were no obvious options to go for.

I can say though that my day 1 reads are probably about 50%, but by the end of 2nd or 3rd cycle i'm usually well and truly onto scum, as unpopular as my reads may be at the time. If i'm flying with thread sentiment, you can assume i'm either being lazy af or i'm scum.


Fair enough. I too would be happy to play with you again My biggest issue with you in-game was based on a misunderstanding anyway lol
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 15 2018 08:04 GMT
#2338
You were an amazingly easy townread this game slam <3

I'm not sure that I agree about sign-ups? I think some of it had to do with the setup, which tbf seemed imbalanced. I think a normal would have gotten more interest. It was a nice idea but yeah...pretty tough for scum.

I wouldn't have signed up except I wanted to help get the game going. The idea of rolling scum this game was daunting @.@
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Prev 1 20 21 22 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 55
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 9880
Rain 3333
BeSt 384
soO 379
Soulkey 358
Soma 342
Stork 341
Rush 239
firebathero 191
Barracks 151
[ Show more ]
Sexy 72
Shinee 39
Killer 37
Shine 25
HiyA 21
Sharp 19
Sacsri 17
Hm[arnc] 16
sorry 16
yabsab 15
Terrorterran 13
hero 11
Noble 6
zelot 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5159
League of Legends
JimRising 460
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King136
Other Games
gofns32550
singsing971
Pyrionflax195
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV187
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 3
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 49
• Sammyuel 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV129
League of Legends
• Jankos2646
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16m
Patches Events
5h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 16m
OSC
13h 16m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.