• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:59
CEST 19:59
KST 02:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8544 users

[M][N] Medic Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 17 2018 14:31 GMT
#10
/in
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 18 2018 07:49 GMT
#17
On February 18 2018 11:05 Holyflare wrote:
Idk it looks extremely town favoured to me unless the mafia medic works differently.

This.

Maybe it would be less town-favored if it were an even/odds thing? For example:

Odds (1 or 3 medics) target is saved,
Evens (2 or 4 medics) target dies.

That should be less easy for town to break I think.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 18 2018 16:43 GMT
#19
On February 18 2018 23:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am not sure how you break this game but if you can, i'd like to hear how?


Vig shot instead of medic saves. I.e. medics would never target townreads -shrugs- I mean, yeah, if townies look the scummiest that can still be bad for town but...
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 19 2018 05:34 GMT
#32
Well, you know, it's kinda objectively town-favored if both sides play intelligently, to my thinking.

As long as you have at least two town medics you can effectively have a night lynch with nothing mafia can do about it unless they succesfully blue hunt and rb.

If people don't play intelligently yes it's swingy. And of course mafia can still win by looking townier than a lot of town players.

I just feel like the baseline is in town's favor. Thus the odds and evens suggestion that I feel would be harder for town medics to play around. But I'm still fine with trying it out as is
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 19 2018 05:34 GMT
#33
A second rb probably is not a good idea.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 19 2018 10:27 GMT
#37
On February 19 2018 18:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2018 14:34 rsoultin wrote:
A second rb probably is not a good idea.

Idk why? You'd still have to guess 2 blues and hit with both rbs to prevent the vigi shot.

I think the odd - even suggestion you made makes the game random fest.

I suppose it prevents claiming to some extent to have two roleblockers, but that is really the extent of its usefulness imo.

And yes, my suggestion randomizes it. You're correct. But it also means one thing that you're missing: the vig shot can't be coordinated in thread.

If multiple medics = death you can openly coordinate in thread and expect the town medics to use their 'saves' as a lynch.

If odd medics = save, then three medics on one person is not a vig shot, and mafia can decide whether or not to make it one. This is similar with two medics on one person...mafia can choose to save or kill an openly coordinated medic target.

My suggestion is meant to prevent town from organizing night lynches, or at least make it harder. No more, no less.

Otherwise medics can vig whoever they want without claiming.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 19 2018 14:12 GMT
#40
On February 19 2018 21:53 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2018 19:27 rsoultin wrote:
I suppose it prevents claiming to some extent to have two roleblockers, but that is really the extent of its usefulness imo.

And yes, my suggestion randomizes it. You're correct. But it also means one thing that you're missing: the vig shot can't be coordinated in thread.

If multiple medics = death you can openly coordinate in thread and expect the town medics to use their 'saves' as a lynch.

If odd medics = save, then three medics on one person is not a vig shot, and mafia can decide whether or not to make it one. This is similar with two medics on one person...mafia can choose to save or kill an openly coordinated medic target.

The problem with the odd-even suggestion imo is that the best play is to just not use medics at all (since youre more likely to get fucked by mafia medic in case you try to coordinate something -- or town medic(s) if you don't coordinate) until mafia medic is dead, and imo it kinda defeats the idea of the game.

I don't really understand how having a (coordinated) "unlimited shot vigi" is imba, because it really isn't. It is just a night lynch which you can decide to use or not to use. If you lynch mafia people you win, if not, you lose, just like in normal lynches. Like if you have a vigilante in the game does it make the vigi role imba that townies can say who they want the vigilante to kill? It doesn't.


-shrugs- I doubt we'll agree, Joni.

I've lost interest in this argument entirely, sorry. We'll just have to see how it goes.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 19 2018 15:18 GMT
#47
I see no issue with a 1-shot strongman. Two roleblockers seems like overkill to me, personally, given that should be mafia's strongest role in this setup.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 19 2018 15:49 GMT
#49
On February 20 2018 00:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
wait so
instead of potentially reducing town KP you want to give every faction much KP.
well whatever. :D


Wait, I got a strongman confused with a soup kill. Disregard that.

A one-shot soup kill would be good to counter claims.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-19 18:42:19
February 19 2018 18:40 GMT
#54
On February 20 2018 01:30 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2018 00:49 rsoultin wrote:
On February 20 2018 00:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
wait so
instead of potentially reducing town KP you want to give every faction much KP.
well whatever. :D


Wait, I got a strongman confused with a soup kill. Disregard that.

A one-shot soup kill would be good to counter claims.


You can't just make up roles.


Lol, why not? Besides, soup kills aren't new

Really, though, it's fine if we just try it as is. I may be overthinking it anyway
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-05 09:38:39
March 05 2018 09:37 GMT
#94
/confirm

Edit: though with Lex working nights I probably won't wait for my role pm before going to bed lol >< he's my morning alarm
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 06 2018 06:47 GMT
#160
On March 06 2018 15:24 AMG wrote:
Being prickly is scummy. You have to accept that people are going to ping you in this game. A prickly reaction usually comes from someone trying to hide something and reacting poorly.

I don't have an opinion for or against people discussing strategy or mass claiming. I'll be spending my calories focusing on the psychology of players as opposed to trying to game mechanics.

I don't find noobking scummy at all, I'm actually pretty certain he's town


You get a cookie.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 06 2018 06:57 GMT
#164
On March 06 2018 15:47 MoosyDoosy wrote:
OMG ITS RSOULTIN HI

Hi moosy!

Kinda bored with the setup talk.

Ian (Damdred) is giving me scum vibes. Anyone you want to talk about?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 06 2018 06:58 GMT
#165
On March 06 2018 15:56 AMG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 15:47 rsoultin wrote:
On March 06 2018 15:24 AMG wrote:
Being prickly is scummy. You have to accept that people are going to ping you in this game. A prickly reaction usually comes from someone trying to hide something and reacting poorly.

I don't have an opinion for or against people discussing strategy or mass claiming. I'll be spending my calories focusing on the psychology of players as opposed to trying to game mechanics.

I don't find noobking scummy at all, I'm actually pretty certain he's town


You get a cookie.


I'm diabetic, are you trying to kill me!!

!

-takes back the cookie-
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 06 2018 07:04 GMT
#172
On March 06 2018 16:00 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I thought Damdred was pretty town so far what makes you think he's scum?

My impression of his game so far can be boiled down to two sentences:

Hey guys how should we play the setup that doesn't matter for another 48 hours!

Hey guys do you have any thoughts?

The first is fine if he were trying to get reads, but given the lack of reads he apparently got from it hes coming across to me as existing rather than solving.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 06 2018 07:09 GMT
#176
On March 06 2018 16:04 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 15:57 rsoultin wrote:
On March 06 2018 15:47 MoosyDoosy wrote:
OMG ITS RSOULTIN HI

Hi moosy!

Kinda bored with the setup talk.

Ian (Damdred) is giving me scum vibes. Anyone you want to talk about?


What don't you like? I like the idea of having a second medic vote, so that's the singular reason I gave him town points.

I'm terrible at reading tone, lol so am I right in saying you have a tone read on him?

Less tone and more not contributing anything.

And no I don't count suggesting the optimal strategy both hf and I pointed out pre-game as a contribution. <- Also thought someone else made that anyway but yeah. It doesn't substantially change my read. Hf and I were going to push that strat anyway so weaksauce.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 06 2018 07:11 GMT
#178
On March 06 2018 16:05 n00bKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 14:45 Tubesock wrote:
Do you think he's right? Should we not talk about mass claiming D2? Is there a difference of talking about mass claiming and the timing of it? Does anyone actually think the medics shouldn't EVER mass claim? So, obviously if you are going to discuss strategy you will be talking about the timing. I didn't like him saying "talking about D2 claim is a distraction" and then he goes back to talking about mass claiming. It's scummy to try to shut down discussion especially when nothing else is going on.

Talking about D2 mass claim is a distraction, when we're not in D2. Again, we'll have more information on whether a D2 mass claim would be beneficial once we're actually IN D2. If we tried to make a decision about it now, something could happen before then that changes the equation.

Talking about whether to mass claim on D2 during D1 prevents scumhunting by letting the thread be clogged up with a decision that can't be acted on yet, based on variables that could be completely different by the time it CAN be acted on. It also needlessly lengthens the thread, making it tougher to re-read later.

And then I went back to talking about mass claiming. YUP. Because the decision to make on Day ONE is whether or not we should have a mass claim on Day ONE. THIS is what we should be talking about. But first, I'd sure like verification from the Narrator on whether the setup is the one posted in the OP, or the one he said he'd be changing it to, because that also changes the equation.

I'd say no, thus, bored.

Let's talk reads!
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 06 2018 07:15 GMT
#180
On March 06 2018 08:34 Damdred wrote:
Welcome town Fecalfeast, and maybe so moosydoosy. But do you think we should have a secondary vote and force the medics to act as a vig shot every night for our second kill?


Okay yeah fair it was him.

As I said though this is null -shrugs-
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 06 2018 07:18 GMT
#183
On March 06 2018 16:12 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 16:09 rsoultin wrote:
On March 06 2018 16:04 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 15:57 rsoultin wrote:
On March 06 2018 15:47 MoosyDoosy wrote:
OMG ITS RSOULTIN HI

Hi moosy!

Kinda bored with the setup talk.

Ian (Damdred) is giving me scum vibes. Anyone you want to talk about?


What don't you like? I like the idea of having a second medic vote, so that's the singular reason I gave him town points.

I'm terrible at reading tone, lol so am I right in saying you have a tone read on him?

Less tone and more not contributing anything.

And no I don't count suggesting the optimal strategy both hf and I pointed out pre-game as a contribution. <- Also thought someone else made that anyway but yeah. It doesn't substantially change my read. Hf and I were going to push that strat anyway so weaksauce.


You're not wrong. I guess I'm giving Damdy slack since I think the only person who's done anything was n00bking. I don't count HF due to NAIness of what he did.

I'd actually put HF as slightly towny. It's mostly nai particularly given the earlier discussion but there's a dismissiveness and directness to the claim that I like. A scum HF might be more tempted to sit on the strat to see if town derps before committing.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 06 2018 07:19 GMT
#184
On March 06 2018 16:16 Holyflare wrote:
What is this op without filters


I know ;o; This is awful for my shit memory.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 232
BRAT_OK 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 949
Shuttle 635
Horang2 227
firebathero 107
Zeus 78
Hyun 56
soO 49
ToSsGirL 36
Rock 28
scan(afreeca) 17
[ Show more ]
Bishop 12
Sacsri 12
Dota 2
qojqva2211
420jenkins576
Counter-Strike
fl0m5010
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu487
Other Games
Grubby2532
FrodaN708
Beastyqt583
KnowMe228
Livibee189
QueenE72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick518
StarCraft 2
angryscii 27
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 50
• 3DClanTV 44
• Adnapsc2 27
• Hinosc 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach105
• FirePhoenix24
• Michael_bg 6
• 80smullet 5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1765
Other Games
• Shiphtur683
• imaqtpie386
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 1m
Patches Events
21h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
OSC
1d 5h
OSC
1d 18h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.