• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:20
CEST 15:20
KST 22:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War635.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9183 users

[M][N] Medic Mafia - Page 19

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 11:11 GMT
#1858
Well, I can't say this with amazing confidence unfortunately, because my research wasn't as conclusive as I'd like. In many ways moosy is playing completely different than two years ago as either alignment. Which kinda makes sense.

However, he's not really going anywhere, which is a bit more like his scum game, especially this late in the game after so many flips have happened. It's like he's not even trying to find the scum in the unclaimed VTs. So, I think I'll stick with my feels and what I think is most likely if mafia isn't playing stupid.

It's possible that mafia doesn't choose to kill a town Moosy here to try to make him the ml, but I really wonder what the point is. Slam is an easy ml if he's town. And maximizing town kills is just better if it doesn't poe anyone scum. We could have been in mylo (I mean, technically I think we still would have played the night phase cause there was still a chance to vig shot scum or get a save off) with three kills. I just don't see why scum passes that up.

Viva creating confusion is a nice narrative but it's counter to his win condition when it's clear no one is joining him on moosy and super easy to retract and just all 'heal' koshi once it's apparent the play doesn't work.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 11:16 GMT
#1859
On March 13 2018 20:11 rsoultin wrote:
Well, I can't say this with amazing confidence unfortunately, because my research wasn't as conclusive as I'd like. In many ways moosy is playing completely different than two years ago as either alignment. Which kinda makes sense.

However, he's not really going anywhere, which is a bit more like his scum game, especially this late in the game after so many flips have happened. It's like he's not even trying to find the scum in the unclaimed VTs. So, I think I'll stick with my feels and what I think is most likely if mafia isn't playing stupid.

It's possible that mafia doesn't choose to kill a town Moosy here to try to make him the ml, but I really wonder what the point is. Slam is an easy ml if he's town. And maximizing town kills is just better if it doesn't poe anyone scum. We could have been in mylo (I mean, technically I think we still would have played the night phase cause there was still a chance to vig shot scum or get a save off) with three kills. I just don't see why scum passes that up.

Viva creating confusion is a nice narrative but it's counter to his win condition when it's clear no one is joining him on moosy and super easy to retract and just all 'heal' koshi once it's apparent the play doesn't work.


Though tbf a Viva scum could only then get two kills so maybe the frame play on Moosy makes some sense in that context. It's not super far-sighted but it doesn't have to be.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 11:18 GMT
#1860
On March 12 2018 08:19 Vivax wrote:
What is this confirmed mafia shit I keep reading about me. There is no such thing as confirmed when it's clearly wrong, So tell me that reasoning so I can walk you to the mistake.

moosy, rso, hf, slam are the remaining vt claims with 1 mafia and you better have a good reason to lynch into medics first.


^ Btw this is the post I was referring to when I said that Viva made a reaction post that felt towny to me.

I'm not going to hang my hat on it because, well, yeah. We know how this worked for me with prp lol ><
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 15:22 GMT
#1897
Do you even scumread me? Because from what I can tell this is associative with an unflipped medic and frankly if y'all lynch me after I was saved last night, whoever is town in this game 100% deserves the loss.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 15:26 GMT
#1899
Moreover I really have no clue how anyone this game thinks I could be scum over moosy and slam. My ego says over hf as well. But regardless it's pretty ridiculous.

I'll admit I'm not super sure on moosy being scum, but I really have no clue how you could be that sure he's town either when, assuming you are town and healed him, to you he has to be scum barring some pretty strange play from the scum team.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 15:30 GMT
#1900
On March 14 2018 00:25 Vivax wrote:
No I don't but it's otherwise just retarded that mafia would shoot you when they should shoot into the medics since it's a pool that wasn't going to get smaller in the next couple of days.

By shooting you it's like they wanted us to get closer to the mafia claiming VT which doesn't make sense so that only leaves cred shot as scenario.


Lol >< well I'm town so if y'all want to go down this wifom tinfoil path just to prove that a person you're not scumreading is actually town and was actually saved last night, just because you don't understand why scum doesn't shoot into the smaller medic pool where no one was wholly above suspicion...

Like it almost sounds to me like your ego is hurt >< rofl

I normally blame myself for being mislynched but that should legit be nominated.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 15:37 GMT
#1902
Viva, real talk, if I were the vt scum among the vts and the literal only person in the game people weren't scumreading, why would I NEED some stupid strat to get 'confirmed' over three kills last night including moosy that would all but win us the game. We'd mislynch slam or something today then shoot hf over me cause noob wham bam thank you maam thats game.

Your tinfoil is pure paranoia if you're even town here. And part of me thinks that scum don't come up with something this ludicrous in the first place so you probably are barring acta of pure desperation
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 15:45 GMT
#1903
On March 14 2018 00:34 Holyflare wrote:
Rsoul who have your scum reads been since day 2?

What?

I've been thinking it's one of moosy or viva and think viva's probably the towny of the two of them.

I don't know between nk and ff. Nk just kind of dropped his read on moosy to only push you so a moosy scum flip makes him more likely to be scum in my eyes. I was thinking that once moosy flipped scum (cross fingers) we might just be best vigging ff for good measure but I don't think it matters much as long as I'm not super wrong on viva.

I highly doubt Df is scum pocketing me because that would require deliberately forgoing kills, and as I know I'm town and no one else but the scum team does for sure, I see little point in trying to get in hard with me when I probably would never have lynched him over the others anyway. Maybe noobking.

My noobking read is kind of dependent on moosy being scum.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 15:49 GMT
#1905
Maybe noobking means I'm not sure if I would have lynched df over him or not before the flip from n2.

And yeah I've already put my reads on you andslam into the thread multiple times. Not that I haven't talked about all the rest of this as well @.@ Apart from possible night actions tonight.

Maybe not so condensed, but I thought is made my stances more than clear throughout the day?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 15:55 GMT
#1907
On March 14 2018 00:47 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2018 00:37 rsoultin wrote:
Viva, real talk, if I were the vt scum among the vts and the literal only person in the game people weren't scumreading, why would I NEED some stupid strat to get 'confirmed' over three kills last night including moosy that would all but win us the game. We'd mislynch slam or something today then shoot hf over me cause noob wham bam thank you maam thats game.

Your tinfoil is pure paranoia if you're even town here. And part of me thinks that scum don't come up with something this ludicrous in the first place so you probably are barring acta of pure desperation


Let's say we lynch moosy, we vig HF and one doc dies. We lynch slam. Now it's two docs vs you and DF. Mafia wins.

And? What I just described ends a day earlier than that, plus I'm pretty sure that would still go to night phase because technically night actions could get a mafia an brin it to lylo.

Like you're saying I as mafia chose to go the longer and harder way around to get the same result for kicks and giggles? And you're assuming that it wouldn't go wrong with way more phases for people to wonder about.

I'm not even sure why I'm discussing this ><

Is it technically possible? Yes.

Is it anything but retarded, especially coming out of last scum game when I sucked major balls and was constantly under suspicion? No.

I'm neuter that retarded nor arrogant @.@
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 16:01 GMT
#1911
You like looking old games to make your reads?

I've been trying to play scum at the level of above suspicion that I've been playin town since I returned. I can't.

Look at the game that just ended and tell me this game looks like this one.

I'm not even sure what the difference is myself but since it seems so obvious to eeryone else id expect a town viva to be able to see that too.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 16:06 GMT
#1914
On March 14 2018 00:55 Holyflare wrote:
Testing if rsoul is mafia is easy. We just don't do wild healing shenanigans.

There's this.

Or we could just actually lynch mafia today and then I'm pretty sure that's auto with four confirmed town lol ><

Everyone is super pessismistic this won't work. Id call it tmi but apparently the pessimism is widely contagious.

And now I'm going to stop phone posting and do the errands I was supposed to be doing after class @.@

Frankly, viva, I don't know that moosy is scum as I said. But I have more reasons to think you're town. And frankly I think those reasons are better than a meta dive you made when I just want through six of his games just this morning. I found him pretty tough to nail down.

Anyway, toodles.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 16:15 GMT
#1918
On March 14 2018 01:03 Vivax wrote:
Even if mafia had balls and got greedy and killed a medic tonight along with moosy who I assume to be town for now.

rso, hf, slam vs 3 medics.

Lynch hf. Slam gets vigged, medic dies. 1 vt 1 mafia vs 1 doc 1 mafia. Mafia wins if rsoultin makes it through the scrutiny.

So if rso and df actually did this play it takes away scrutiny from rso without really changing what happens next at the cost of 1 extra cycle to play if I'm not mistaken.


It's wifom but this is just not something id do right off the back of another scum game, and a shit one at that. Probably not ever. I dont actually enjoy playing scum nearly enough to want to extend the game, especially needlessly. I was under no pressure and we weren't lynching medics until the mafia in the vts was found anyway.

Yeah. This is the last post I'll make about this. I'll address any genuine reasons to scumread me I suppose, should you or anyone else produce any.

But I don't see how I can fight suboptimal hypotheticals that you seem determined to believe in despite how little sense they'd make for me as scum.

I don't think you're scum, and I don't think you're bad. So all I can call it is paranoid viva going down the rabbit hole.

And frankly, I'm trying hard not to be offended that you think it's so impossible mafia would try to shoot me. That you're basing it off setup makes it a little better, but still...that's cold lol ><
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 16:20 GMT
#1920
On March 14 2018 01:15 Vivax wrote:
Oh boy.

##Vote: HF

Not to be a wet blanket, but how does this make sense to you either?

Now you think df is going to confirm me town rather than just kill me? Doesn't that make it more rather than less likely to get it lynched, especially with my reading him scum at the end of n2 over the other vt claims?

Are you just super convinced df is scum or what's going on here?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 16:21 GMT
#1923
To get hf lynched, rather. Autocorrect is the bane of my existence @.@
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 16:22 GMT
#1925
On March 14 2018 01:20 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2018 01:15 Vivax wrote:
Oh boy.

##Vote: HF

Not to be a wet blanket, but how does this make sense to you either?

Now you think df is going to confirm me town rather than just kill me? Doesn't that make it more rather than less likely to get it lynched, especially with my reading him scum at the end of n2 over the other vt claims?

Are you just super convinced df is scum or what's going on here?


Hf rather. Autocorrect is the bane of my existence @.@

"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 16:30 GMT
#1928
On March 14 2018 01:22 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2018 01:20 rsoultin wrote:
On March 14 2018 01:15 Vivax wrote:
Oh boy.

##Vote: HF

Not to be a wet blanket, but how does this make sense to you either?

Now you think df is going to confirm me town rather than just kill me? Doesn't that make it more rather than less likely to get it lynched, especially with my reading him scum at the end of n2 over the other vt claims?

Are you just super convinced df is scum or what's going on here?


Well if you are town he pockets you, associates himself with you and if he actually killed you it wouldn't have made things easier for mafia.


Am I wrong that it's basically auto if we lynch scum today?

Literally anything that would make it more likely for hf to die seems really stupid.

Though I agree that the amg kill is what had me eyeballing both you and hf. Df was under fire, but I suppose your story could make sense with him, just not with hf. And he could be scum independent of df (which I think is the more likely of the two scenarios).

I just highly doubt scum somehow orchestrated their entire night around predicting how id react to both not killing me and not killing moosy while claiming a save on me. I don't think I'm that predictable? Hf was my lynch of choice at the end of n2.

Blah. The other one who was very townread at the time was noobking. But yeah that amg kill is really strange.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 16:35 GMT
#1929
I'm kind of glad we discussed this because this does make mefeel more secure on my read on you.

But frankly I can't get behind the tinfoil viva. You're basing your reads on wifom and little else, apart from the moosy read.

I think it's far more likely that I was just saved and moosy didn't die because he's scum than scum was making mad plays.

I could be wrong. I just don't think so. And if you're town, I don't see myself lynching anyone but moosy today.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 16:44 GMT
#1932
On March 14 2018 01:42 Fecalfeast wrote:
I'll lynch anyone at this point. Rso who's scum

Moosy I think. But I'd prefer you got your own opinion. And actually explained it in thread.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 13 2018 16:48 GMT
#1935
Anyway now I really do have to go, at least if I plan on going to the gym tonight for the first time in over a week @.@

Will be back tonight for at least the last hour.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 631
Railgan 64
MindelVK 31
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68754
Calm 11100
Bisu 2391
FanTaSy 1167
Stork 743
soO 437
Rush 397
firebathero 211
Snow 176
Last 152
[ Show more ]
Sharp 109
Mind 96
Light 95
hero 80
Pusan 71
Free 48
ToSsGirL 44
Trap 41
Sexy 35
Mong 32
Hm[arnc] 32
Bale 29
Aegong 20
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
zelot 14
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
Rock 9
Shine 9
IntoTheRainbow 7
Terrorterran 7
scan(afreeca) 6
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6811
Dendi1087
Counter-Strike
fl0m3136
byalli816
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Other Games
gofns31693
singsing2435
B2W.Neo575
Liquid`RaSZi570
Pyrionflax243
Beastyqt239
Happy182
Hui .122
Mlord120
Khaldor26
Chillindude17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV233
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Response 7
• Dystopia_ 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV526
League of Legends
• Jankos3080
• Nemesis2897
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1362
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 40m
OSC
9h 40m
Replay Cast
9h 40m
OSC
22h 40m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.