• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:19
CEST 23:19
KST 06:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8517 users

[M][N] Medic Mafia - Page 12

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 All
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 13 2018 22:58 GMT
#2167
On March 14 2018 07:56 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2018 07:55 n00bKing wrote:
On March 14 2018 07:52 MoosyDoosy wrote:
tl;dr

kill me here
vivax/holyflare one possibility
darthfoley tinfoil another. DOn't discredit this possibility

I like how your tl;dr is more lines than any of your other posts. Anyway, enjoy being dead. And Alakaslam, enjoy being the N3 kill! zzzzzz

n3 kill?

Yes. HF gets us to kill Moosy on D3 (going FULL reverse on the townread), and Alakaslam on N3. I've been saying it for an entire cycle now. And you all just keep letting him do it. zzzzz
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 14 2018 00:28 GMT
#2218
Still at work. Could find some time to catch up on the posts from after the lynch, but don't think I need to right now, so I'll just do it when I get home. The quick-skim makes it look like I'll be killed tonight, and that's fine, shouldn't matter. I think you'd need to guess wrong on the mafia medic 3 times, to lose.

I won't try to offer any plans for Night, don't have credibility. I'll just make a farewell post later, where I give my best guess of who the mafia medic is for when I'm dead.

If you devise a plan where you need me to heal somebody, just let me know my target. Otherwise I will *not* be turning in an action, so that the mafia cannot try to guess who I healed, and stack. (You don't need me to try and make a save, it's not worth the added risk.)
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 14 2018 20:10 GMT
#2233
On March 14 2018 09:31 Holyflare wrote:
lol you just confirmed you're not a medic, medics have to heal each night or it's randomed

gg confirmed

I was sure you had to be joking, but then you said it again in this post:
On March 14 2018 17:27 Holyflare wrote:
He's confirmed mafia lol?

All game long, I've asked you questions about "why would you post crap like this, if you were town?"

And yet again...why would you post crap like this, if you're town?

That post is just completely awful.

No, there is nothing in the OP (or anywhere else in the game that I've seen) that says anything about the action becoming randomized. I've also never heard of a "mandatory" healer. The healer's action is never mandatory on the site I play most often, and in fact, there are not ANY roles that have a mandatory night action. 100% of them are optional. On top of all that, if the medic "has to" heal each night in this ruleset, then you would have to assume the same is true for the mafia medic. Meaning that the mafia medic is 0% more likely than a town medic, to say what I said. 0%. It means absolutely nothing.

In the time it took to type, you should have figured out not to say it. But said it anyway. I don't understand why your brain doesn't work.

I mentioned before that during the D3 Phase, I had listed off 12-14 reasons to believe you were scum. You gave me two more late in the phase, which I didn't have time to comment on (and which I didn't have reason to think would make any difference anyway.) This is now yet another thing that wouldn't make any sense for a town player to do, and could only make sense for a scum player to do, as they try to get me killed in N3.

So I now have in the neighborhood of 15-17 separate arguments against you. 15-17 distinct reasons to believe you have a scum role in this game. Against Moosy, I had THREE. And rsoul argued AGAINST 2 of those 3 reasons to think Moosy was scum. If I took her word for it, I would have had only ONE reason left to think he was scum. And yet, YOU'RE the one who is Town. That's pretty sad.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 14 2018 20:26 GMT
#2237
On March 15 2018 05:15 Holyflare wrote:
Are you mad that despite having all these reasons to lynch me I somehow convinced every single person in this game to vote not me?

YES. I thought that was obvious, when I said that I had 15-17 distinct reasons for scumreading you, and could not get people to even discuss them.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 14 2018 20:35 GMT
#2240
On March 15 2018 05:30 Fecalfeast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2018 05:10 n00bKing wrote:
On March 14 2018 09:31 Holyflare wrote:
lol you just confirmed you're not a medic, medics have to heal each night or it's randomed

gg confirmed

I was sure you had to be joking, but then you said it again in this post:
On March 14 2018 17:27 Holyflare wrote:
He's confirmed mafia lol?

All game long, I've asked you questions about "why would you post crap like this, if you were town?"

And yet again...why would you post crap like this, if you're town?

That post is just completely awful.

No, there is nothing in the OP (or anywhere else in the game that I've seen) that says anything about the action becoming randomized. I've also never heard of a "mandatory" healer. The healer's action is never mandatory on the site I play most often, and in fact, there are not ANY roles that have a mandatory night action. 100% of them are optional. On top of all that, if the medic "has to" heal each night in this ruleset, then you would have to assume the same is true for the mafia medic. Meaning that the mafia medic is 0% more likely than a town medic, to say what I said. 0%. It means absolutely nothing.

In the time it took to type, you should have figured out not to say it. But said it anyway. I don't understand why your brain doesn't work.

I mentioned before that during the D3 Phase, I had listed off 12-14 reasons to believe you were scum. You gave me two more late in the phase, which I didn't have time to comment on (and which I didn't have reason to think would make any difference anyway.) This is now yet another thing that wouldn't make any sense for a town player to do, and could only make sense for a scum player to do, as they try to get me killed in N3.

So I now have in the neighborhood of 15-17 separate arguments against you. 15-17 distinct reasons to believe you have a scum role in this game. Against Moosy, I had THREE. And rsoul argued AGAINST 2 of those 3 reasons to think Moosy was scum. If I took her word for it, I would have had only ONE reason left to think he was scum. And yet, YOU'RE the one who is Town. That's pretty sad.

Just to humour you... who is the vt faking medic if hf is scum?

He's not.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 14 2018 20:35 GMT
#2241
On March 15 2018 05:35 n00bKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2018 05:30 Fecalfeast wrote:
On March 15 2018 05:10 n00bKing wrote:
On March 14 2018 09:31 Holyflare wrote:
lol you just confirmed you're not a medic, medics have to heal each night or it's randomed

gg confirmed

I was sure you had to be joking, but then you said it again in this post:
On March 14 2018 17:27 Holyflare wrote:
He's confirmed mafia lol?

All game long, I've asked you questions about "why would you post crap like this, if you were town?"

And yet again...why would you post crap like this, if you're town?

That post is just completely awful.

No, there is nothing in the OP (or anywhere else in the game that I've seen) that says anything about the action becoming randomized. I've also never heard of a "mandatory" healer. The healer's action is never mandatory on the site I play most often, and in fact, there are not ANY roles that have a mandatory night action. 100% of them are optional. On top of all that, if the medic "has to" heal each night in this ruleset, then you would have to assume the same is true for the mafia medic. Meaning that the mafia medic is 0% more likely than a town medic, to say what I said. 0%. It means absolutely nothing.

In the time it took to type, you should have figured out not to say it. But said it anyway. I don't understand why your brain doesn't work.

I mentioned before that during the D3 Phase, I had listed off 12-14 reasons to believe you were scum. You gave me two more late in the phase, which I didn't have time to comment on (and which I didn't have reason to think would make any difference anyway.) This is now yet another thing that wouldn't make any sense for a town player to do, and could only make sense for a scum player to do, as they try to get me killed in N3.

So I now have in the neighborhood of 15-17 separate arguments against you. 15-17 distinct reasons to believe you have a scum role in this game. Against Moosy, I had THREE. And rsoul argued AGAINST 2 of those 3 reasons to think Moosy was scum. If I took her word for it, I would have had only ONE reason left to think he was scum. And yet, YOU'RE the one who is Town. That's pretty sad.

Just to humour you... who is the vt faking medic if hf is scum?

He's not.

And that's why it's so sad.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 14 2018 20:38 GMT
#2243
Don't know how much longer the game will end up taking. I'll probably check in it here and there. But in case I'm not around for the post-game, I'll go ahead and give a couple of thoughts now.

I think the game culture here is pretty toxic.

The idea that rsoul would feel like she has to defend HF regarding his anti-town behavior because "he pushes the mafia agenda while he's town" is baffling. The idea that HF would himself tell me he shouldn't be scum-read for pushing the mafia agenda because he would do it while town is baffling. The fact that it was true he was town in this game is insane.

NO player should EVER be forced into a position where they have to defend someone else from the noose, on the basis of "he tries to help the scum team even when he's town." Why would a town player do that? I've still never heard an excuse for it, just that he DOES it. Why??! That should be a viable reason to scumread someone, over and over and over.

In this game, I caught Holyflare in 3 separate instances of trying to push us in scum-favored directions, instead of just following the ALREADY-ESTABLISHED pro-town plan. This should ALWAYS be good cause to scumread a player.

I also caught him in both logical inconsistencies AND the use of logical fallacies. The false dichotomy I caught him trying to use was terrible. This should ALWAYS be good cause to scumread a player.

In his attacks on his scumreads and in his defenses of himself, he very consistently said things that simply were not true. That could be verified as untrue if anyone just *actually* went back to look, as I did. I repeatedly said that if anyone just goes back and actually looks at the way [occasion] happened, they'll see that he can only be mistaken or LYING, and nothing else. Seemingly, no one ever looked but me. When the argument between the two of us reached its apex, he was putting a falsehood in at least every other post. This should ALWAYS be good cause to scumread a player.

I don't want to play in games where these are not reliable indicators of scum play, because there is a guy who plays anti-town in his town for no reason. I want to play in games where finding someone *actively working* to help scum win the game...is probably scum. And if I were hosting a game, I would probably ask HF not to participate in it, so that the other players could play the game the way it's meant to be played. I think the way he played this game is against the very spirit of the game itself, and robs other players of the experience they are intended to have. The other places I play, someone like HF couldn't exist for very long. He would have been RELIGIOUSLY lynched for his scum-favored play (and yes, mislynched sometimes, if that's what it took) until he LEARNED BETTER.

You also have a big "afk players" problem. I talked about this 2 or 3 years ago, but if this game is any indication? Your problem here has only gotten worse, and not better.

On the site I play most often, we don't even hold open "replacement" slots during registration. If a game fills, it starts. And even if it's a 25-player game, we don't expect that a "replacement" will definitely be needed. People sign up because they want to play.

This game, meanwhile, took over TWO WEEKS to fill, even though it required only 13 players. And then, of those 13 signups, FOUR of them did not actually play. Four of Thirteen! And that's if you say Fecalfeast DID play (which is generous. I would usually expect a player with that little activity to be pressured for "lurking" except we had several players who were somehow doing even less.)

chaoser and damdred were replaced, and prplhz and Kelsier easily *could* have been replaced. That's really...REALLY bad. Even one of the replacements (Alakaslam) never really did anything, and less than half of his posts were game-related.

I don't know if your bad-game-environment problem can be fixed at this point or not. If so, I don't know if you solve it through more aggressively lynching afk players, or if you solve it with harsher penalties for players who sign up and then don't play. But hopefully you can find SOMEthing to do about it. Or things will just remain a cesspool here. This is probably the LEAST happy I've ever been, about winning a game. Whenever the scum medic does flip, what am I gonna "celebrate" about this victory? Where 4 signups didn't play, one of the other signups played a scum-favored game while he was town, and none of the other players seemed to care that he was doing it. Yay.

I would say the likelihood is Fecalfeast > DF > Vivax, for finding the mafia medic. I would say "good luck" except that, given the way HF played this game, and given that he turned out to be town....I can't say I even care anymore either.

Peace.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 14 2018 20:44 GMT
#2246
oh, forgot to add: last call, if you want my heal to go anywhere.

Otherwise, like I said, I will not be turning in an action. (which HF seems to think means it will be randomized, even though it doesn't say that anywhere. But if it's randomized, that still means that if the mafia stacks on my heal, it'll be because they guessed the randomization, and not because they managed to guess where I would put it)
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 14 2018 20:46 GMT
#2247
On March 15 2018 05:37 rsoultin wrote:
Y'know, I'm almost ashamed to be so amused by this lol ><

15-17 reasons is better defined as a tunnel.

Have you figured out who the scum is then since the rest of us have been lazy fuckers today?

Nope, not with any certainty. You can see my lynch order that I posted, but no, I didn't figure it out. I was a lazy fucker today too, since seeing that HF is town basically killed any desire I had to do anything.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 14 2018 20:52 GMT
#2251
On March 15 2018 05:47 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2018 05:38 n00bKing wrote:
Don't know how much longer the game will end up taking. I'll probably check in it here and there. But in case I'm not around for the post-game, I'll go ahead and give a couple of thoughts now.

I think the game culture here is pretty toxic.

The idea that rsoul would feel like she has to defend HF regarding his anti-town behavior because "he pushes the mafia agenda while he's town" is baffling. The idea that HF would himself tell me he shouldn't be scum-read for pushing the mafia agenda because he would do it while town is baffling. The fact that it was true he was town in this game is insane.

NO player should EVER be forced into a position where they have to defend someone else from the noose, on the basis of "he tries to help the scum team even when he's town." Why would a town player do that? I've still never heard an excuse for it, just that he DOES it. Why??! That should be a viable reason to scumread someone, over and over and over.

In this game, I caught Holyflare in 3 separate instances of trying to push us in scum-favored directions, instead of just following the ALREADY-ESTABLISHED pro-town plan. This should ALWAYS be good cause to scumread a player.

I also caught him in both logical inconsistencies AND the use of logical fallacies. The false dichotomy I caught him trying to use was terrible. This should ALWAYS be good cause to scumread a player.

In his attacks on his scumreads and in his defenses of himself, he very consistently said things that simply were not true. That could be verified as untrue if anyone just *actually* went back to look, as I did. I repeatedly said that if anyone just goes back and actually looks at the way [occasion] happened, they'll see that he can only be mistaken or LYING, and nothing else. Seemingly, no one ever looked but me. When the argument between the two of us reached its apex, he was putting a falsehood in at least every other post. This should ALWAYS be good cause to scumread a player.

I don't want to play in games where these are not reliable indicators of scum play, because there is a guy who plays anti-town in his town for no reason. I want to play in games where finding someone *actively working* to help scum win the game...is probably scum. And if I were hosting a game, I would probably ask HF not to participate in it, so that the other players could play the game the way it's meant to be played. I think the way he played this game is against the very spirit of the game itself, and robs other players of the experience they are intended to have. The other places I play, someone like HF couldn't exist for very long. He would have been RELIGIOUSLY lynched for his scum-favored play (and yes, mislynched sometimes, if that's what it took) until he LEARNED BETTER.

You also have a big "afk players" problem. I talked about this 2 or 3 years ago, but if this game is any indication? Your problem here has only gotten worse, and not better.

On the site I play most often, we don't even hold open "replacement" slots during registration. If a game fills, it starts. And even if it's a 25-player game, we don't expect that a "replacement" will definitely be needed. People sign up because they want to play.

This game, meanwhile, took over TWO WEEKS to fill, even though it required only 13 players. And then, of those 13 signups, FOUR of them did not actually play. Four of Thirteen! And that's if you say Fecalfeast DID play (which is generous. I would usually expect a player with that little activity to be pressured for "lurking" except we had several players who were somehow doing even less.)

chaoser and damdred were replaced, and prplhz and Kelsier easily *could* have been replaced. That's really...REALLY bad. Even one of the replacements (Alakaslam) never really did anything, and less than half of his posts were game-related.

I don't know if your bad-game-environment problem can be fixed at this point or not. If so, I don't know if you solve it through more aggressively lynching afk players, or if you solve it with harsher penalties for players who sign up and then don't play. But hopefully you can find SOMEthing to do about it. Or things will just remain a cesspool here. This is probably the LEAST happy I've ever been, about winning a game. Whenever the scum medic does flip, what am I gonna "celebrate" about this victory? Where 4 signups didn't play, one of the other signups played a scum-favored game while he was town, and none of the other players seemed to care that he was doing it. Yay.

I would say the likelihood is Fecalfeast > DF > Vivax, for finding the mafia medic. I would say "good luck" except that, given the way HF played this game, and given that he turned out to be town....I can't say I even care anymore either.

Peace.


Maybe the most toxic post I've ever read on TL Mafia, and that's saying something.

You go from bitching about being wrong on HF (if you're town) to the game taking long to fill. Just lol.

People stopped taking you seriously when you felt the need to make a Master's Thesis reply to literally every goddamned post in this game. Before you just start bitching about literally everything and blaming everyone but you for being wrong about 1(!!!!) person in this game, maybe you should look introspectively and realize that a flaw in your play is that you take 400 sentences to say what should take 4.

No.

(was that concise enough for you?)

The way I play has yielded extremely strong results. I'm not gonna mess with success, thanks.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 14 2018 21:05 GMT
#2262
On March 15 2018 05:57 Holyflare wrote:
I haven't always been this way, phone posting and work made me lazy and I spew whatever is on my mind. If it's wrong or "pushing mafia agenda" it's simply because I had 30 seconds at work to post something that I thought was correct but turns out wasn't.

If you were to say things like "what about this idea? Would that be good for us or no?" and it's a scum-favored plan, that wouldn't be so bad. But that's not what you did. It was "let's do this" and it's a scum-favored plan. No town player should ever be guilty of that. When you catch a player doing that, they should be scumread for it.

And if you're in a spot where you don't have time to see if something you're saying is correct or not...maybe WAIT? Until you can actually look and see if what you're saying is FALSE, before you post it. At very least, if you don't have time to fact-check yourself, you can say so. Mention that you're posting without checking, and say that someone else should double-check for you, because you might be wrong. You did none of that. You just presented things as fact that were not. That's what scum does, when they hope no one will read back and catch them.

I have an MRI and will the rest of the phase. So if you have any further response, you'll have to wait for mine til post-game. Bye
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 14 2018 21:07 GMT
#2263
will *miss* the rest of the phase, that should say.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 14 2018 21:51 GMT
#2279
apprently they allow 30 mins for me to fill out a form that took me 3

guess any scenario where my random heal falls on a vt can only be bad

better 2 make sure it goes on a medic

based on recent posts from df i am moving him ahead of ff in kill order and moving my heal to df

still agree with rsoul that vivax should be last lynch
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 14 2018 21:53 GMT
#2280
eh no theres 1 scenario where random heal on vt is good

so idk
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 14 2018 21:56 GMT
#2281
meh screw it

healing df bye
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 15 2018 01:18 GMT
#2325
On March 15 2018 10:02 Holyflare wrote:
Also I don't think my nk plan that noobking said was terrible was actually that awful. He says it ends the game in the qt but my whole point was that if we lynch wrong I 100% know it's the other vt and if mafia DO try and do some shenanigans to narrow it down further then the mafia in the medics becomes 50/50 between two people the next day.

If they lynch you D3 and then use your plan N3, but pick wrong on who to nightkill between Moosy and Slam, your plan allows us to win immediately. The town is literally endgamed right there, D4 never even happens.

If they lynch Slam D3 and then use your plan N3, but pick wrong on who to nightkill between Moosy and you, your plan again allows us to win immediately. The town is endgamed right there, D4 never even happens.

Following the normal plan allows the Town to mislynch one of you/Slam, then accidentally nightkill the other one, and STILL win the game, IF they correctly lynch the mafia medic on the first try on D4. But they will at least get that ONE chance. With your plan, they don't. Zero chances.

So that's what was meant in the Mafia QT, about how I was sure the Town would not use your plan, and how your plan can give mafia instant-win scenarios on N3.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 15 2018 01:18 GMT
#2326
Holyflare wrote:
I will never allow myself to be nkd or lynched purely out of spite for NK.

Holyflare wrote:
You are not night killing me.

Verifiably false, sir!

On March 15 2018 06:08 rsoultin wrote:
Tbf...what you said wasn't always factually correct either. Since we're being critical right now.

I have an excuse for not being factually correct though. I was a bad guy. :D


n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 15 2018 01:25 GMT
#2327
On March 15 2018 09:04 rsoultin wrote:
Also, I echo the props to moosy/nk. It's tough to stay that involved in a game like this. You guys definitely had a chance.

You can have your opinion I suppose, but I powerfully disagree.

I thought the game was lost as soon as prplhz chose not to play, and let himself get killed N1. I told Moosy as much immediately, and gave him permission to scoop whenever he wanted to. In fact, I said to prplhz IN the scum thread (before he died) that if he didn't start playing and get himself out of the N1 crosshairs, it would make it literally impossible for his team to win.

I later meant to tell him to "please start playing, or just post the scum roster in the game thread" but I forgot. And as I mentioned in the scum thread, he probably would not have even seen it anyway, since he never made a 2nd post there after saying hi.

So as soon as the N1 results came in, I gave up on the game. And made sure Moosy understood I was giving up, and that he shouldn't expect to have a teammate rest-of-way, because he wasn't going to. And I didn't feel bad about leaving him high-and-dry, because his other teammate had already done it anyway.

Moosy apparently agreed with you (about the game being winnable) at one point, and said so. But I told him nah, it wasn't winnable, and that I was not willing to start trying.

Maybe someday I'll be part of scum roster here where all of the members play. But it hasn't happened yet, and someone (AMG, maybe?) mentioned in the observation thread that they think this could be the final game on TLMafia. Maybe it is time.
Prev 1 10 11 12 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O161
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 559
ZZZero.O 156
Hyun 57
soO 53
Dota 2
qojqva2175
monkeys_forever54
League of Legends
Doublelift2229
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4206
Liquid`Hasu680
Other Games
summit1g7435
FrodaN1667
KnowMe346
420jenkins222
Pyrionflax217
Livibee178
QueenE92
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick709
StarCraft 2
angryscii 33
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 72
• Adnapsc2 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1055
• Shiphtur618
• Scarra344
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 41m
Patches Events
17h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 41m
OSC
1d 1h
OSC
1d 14h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.