• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:05
CEST 07:05
KST 14:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202612Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8756 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVIII - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 15 Next All
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 14:27 GMT
#1172
On January 26 2018 23:26 Holyflare wrote:
Ok well how about you read it with the sentiment that I'm not mafia and then come up with an alternative.

how about you convince me someone is scummier than you are
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 14:35 GMT
#1174
On January 26 2018 23:31 Holyflare wrote:
I also have qualms with what you've posted. You criticise my damdred read repeatedly but also voted him at the end of the day (before switching) for the exact same reason. After he's already dead and you're talking about me you still can't get over how damdred spotted he used "like" a lot and what a coincidence it was.

So why did you say the damdred point was "so minor" to shit on me vut simultaneously believe in it and can't get over it?

Furthermore, me shit fighting about work and pointless discussions for the sake of it does not make me mafia. Much like trying to discuss my thought processes with you isn't pointless. People at the time (rsoultin) were trending towards scum reading me for really bad points and if I see something wrong that discredits me needlessly for an easily provable truth then I will fight it till I'm blue in the face or that person changes their mind. That's just my personality.

The problem is you getting lost in a pointless debate, not your reason to scumread Damdred. That's why I quoted these two posts above. And it does make you mafia more often than not.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 14:55 GMT
#1176
Finished my rereading. Didn't change my mind, on the contrary I actually was reminded about how HF only pushed mafia objectives the entire game. Which by itself doesn' tmake him scum, he could juts be a wrong townie; the whole thing between him and Damerion during N3 is still the biggest pointer that he's scum. But it doesn't help its case when you know he's usually a very strong town player, and other strong players confirmed town this game (KSC, rsoul) saw the game very differently.

@HF yes I'm convinced you're scum. But contrary to what you're insinuating, I always reconsider, no matter how sure I feel - see EOD1 for example. So start playing if you want to change my mind. Whining that you'll be the lynch and that everybody is tunneled doesn't advance the game.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 14:58 GMT
#1178
On January 26 2018 23:56 Holyflare wrote:
Are you that fucking tunnelled that you think I'm posting nothing but whining? The entire time I've been telling you to do other stuff and pointing out kmatt while you yell absurdities about how good you're being.

stop whining
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 15:14 GMT
#1188
On January 27 2018 00:03 Holyflare wrote:
Ok, let's hypothetically say I'm not mafia. Who is mafia now then? Low hanging fruit analogy is bull shit when it's not btdt who already looked fine, it's not likely twat/jat because they looked fine at the beginning of the game (yes, I said they might be mafia this cycle but ignore that) it's probably not rels. So that leaves mocsta, who was my scum read or kmatt who has become my scum read.

I looked into kmatt, I found a lot of inconsistencies and points that were strange and made a case. His filter is really small and full of just posting for literally the sake of posting pretty much +1ing or being contradictory to a main wagon. He has no scum reads, he scum read a town read and that's about it.

I don't like this type of question 'cause if I'm sure you're scum, it's also because I have reasons to townread everyone else. If you're not scum, the obvious answer is Kmatt, but more by default and 'cause I have stronger reasons to townread anyone else than him. But he looks more like low-activity town than scum.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 15:14 GMT
#1189
On January 27 2018 00:09 Holyflare wrote:
Hard pass. I'm not old hf. Only reason I can post today is because work is slacking but even then I can't do that.

Next day is during weekend.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 15:23 GMT
#1193
On January 27 2018 00:18 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2018 00:14 Rels wrote:
On January 27 2018 00:03 Holyflare wrote:
Ok, let's hypothetically say I'm not mafia. Who is mafia now then? Low hanging fruit analogy is bull shit when it's not btdt who already looked fine, it's not likely twat/jat because they looked fine at the beginning of the game (yes, I said they might be mafia this cycle but ignore that) it's probably not rels. So that leaves mocsta, who was my scum read or kmatt who has become my scum read.

I looked into kmatt, I found a lot of inconsistencies and points that were strange and made a case. His filter is really small and full of just posting for literally the sake of posting pretty much +1ing or being contradictory to a main wagon. He has no scum reads, he scum read a town read and that's about it.

I don't like this type of question 'cause if I'm sure you're scum, it's also because I have reasons to townread everyone else. If you're not scum, the obvious answer is Kmatt, but more by default and 'cause I have stronger reasons to townread anyone else than him. But he looks more like low-activity town than scum.


What are your reasons to town read mderg, mocsta and kmatt?

I feel like you're lying and you don't have reasons to town read some of them but you're so far gone you don't see another conclusion.

I will do a last will post before deadline where I explain all these reads before I'm dead. The short versions are:
- mderg has some very intelligent post early in the game, in particular calling you and Damerion out.
- Mocsta has some very unlikely interaction with DF if they were partners.
- And given how low-impact Kmatt seems to be as a player, I don't see him going against the thread's consensus and try to save his partner Damerion during D3.
The details will arrive when I'm home.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 16:40 GMT
#1220
On January 27 2018 01:20 beentheredonethat wrote:
the thing is that if Rels is so tunneled on someone, it always ends up a guy being town and then Rels flips town when he gets lynched in lylo for whatever weird reason. So we're gonna lose this game because of this nightkill, a holyflare mislynch into a Rels mislynch.

that's pretty wrong actually. That happened, but more often than not late game I'm tunneling a scum. Sometimes he gets lynched sometimes I get lynched. My play gets better the farther we advance in the game .
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 16:43 GMT
#1222
On January 27 2018 01:26 beentheredonethat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2018 01:25 Holyflare wrote:
I would without a doubt direct the team to rb whoever we kill and then get my team to claim rb when they need to. If I didn't read the op. If I read the op I would rb who we kill and then get my team to claim rb.

Yeah that's exactly what I thought

You'd never wtf the roleblocker twice in a row on afk and mod warned btdt.

Dont get distracted by WIFOM stuff. Maybe scum had a strong read on you being blue and that's why they RBd you. Or maybe they wanted you to claim RB so they could push you because "mm it's weird BTDT got roleblocked, it's a fake claim". You shouldn't based your reads based on something scum is controlling 100%.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 16:46 GMT
#1224
On January 27 2018 01:27 beentheredonethat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2018 04:34 Kmatt wrote:
Personally an uncontested cop claim warrants reconsideration, but I seem to be alone in that regard.


Show nested quote +
On January 25 2018 02:36 Kmatt wrote:
I don't like lynching Damerion here without a counterclaim. It may not have been the best plan to spill the beans at the moment, but lynching him wins us no information at this point, and is unlikely to flip red (unless there's a counterclaim. Doc, if you're out there, now would be a good time). Even if he gets suppressed the rest of the game, he still votes with the town and/or eats a nightkill. As it stands BTDT or maybe HF are the better lynches.


Show nested quote +
On January 25 2018 03:45 Kmatt wrote:
lmao no. If I see a counterclaim of any other blue I would hang him on the spot. The fact that no townie is taking an easy 1-for-1 tells me that he wasn't bullshitting.


uh oh

What about it ? These are why I think he's town
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 16:49 GMT
#1226
BTDT I don't follow this thing about how Kmatt shouldn't have thought of a GF.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 17:03 GMT
#1229
On January 27 2018 01:29 beentheredonethat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2018 15:06 Kmatt wrote:
Beyond that I'm willing to accept Damerion's claim(s), which puts the remaining potential townies at Mocsta/Rels/HF/Mderg. Rels is on the nice list, as is Mderg. HF is still HF, but he's certainly not my vote today. Mocsta is more null to me. A lot of text but nothing stands out to say "This guy is town". Cop checks are a bit more reliable than my gut, so until we get into a 4-way cop claim-off I'll let him slide.


Wait. I am not on that list because he accepts Damerion's claim and lists me as town.

This is the part I don't understand. Why do you say Kmatt is listing you as town ? Or are you talking about Damerion listing you as town ?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 17:08 GMT
#1230
And I also don't understand the whole "Kmatt should have thought of a godfather immediately, but he only thought about it later". Because on his first post after the claim he talks about the possiblity of a godfather:
On January 24 2018 15:00 Kmatt wrote:
As much as I dislike HF's post for reasons Mocsta stated above, a Godfather is certainly on the table.

I'd be happy lynching the Twat Slot/JAT today.

BTDT is sketchy too, but I'm still unsure how to interpret his roleblock claim. I know if I was playing as Godfather I could use that excuse if I knew the people who had been roleblocked are dead and I can claim it uncontested. If there's no RB in a (semi-)closed setup then I'd be even bolder to take that potential credit. I'll wait to hear more on him.


Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 17:14 GMT
#1231
basically why are you saying that:
- Kmatt townread BTDT (when he actually didn't)
- Kmatt didn't think of the possilbility of a GF immediately (when he actually did)

I also don't understand why you're "fixed" on a setup, but let's start with these first.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 17:14 GMT
#1232
leaving work though so see you in a few hours
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 17:57 GMT
#1240
On January 27 2018 02:40 beentheredonethat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2018 02:03 Rels wrote:
On January 27 2018 01:29 beentheredonethat wrote:
On January 24 2018 15:06 Kmatt wrote:
Beyond that I'm willing to accept Damerion's claim(s), which puts the remaining potential townies at Mocsta/Rels/HF/Mderg. Rels is on the nice list, as is Mderg. HF is still HF, but he's certainly not my vote today. Mocsta is more null to me. A lot of text but nothing stands out to say "This guy is town". Cop checks are a bit more reliable than my gut, so until we get into a 4-way cop claim-off I'll let him slide.


Wait. I am not on that list because he accepts Damerion's claim and lists me as town.

This is the part I don't understand. Why do you say Kmatt is listing you as town ? Or are you talking about Damerion listing you as town ?

I understand me missing in the list of "potential towns" as Kmatt reading me as "confirmed town" which he can only know if he is scum OR if he believes the claim.

????? In the post JUST BEFORE, literally 6 minutes before the one you're quoting, he was talking about you YOU COULD BE THE GODFATHER. How do you make the leap from that to "oh he must think I'm confirmed town ?
Reread carefully these series of posts:
On January 24 2018 15:00 Kmatt wrote:
As much as I dislike HF's post for reasons Mocsta stated above, a Godfather is certainly on the table.

I'd be happy lynching the Twat Slot/JAT today.

BTDT is sketchy too, but I'm still unsure how to interpret his roleblock claim. I know if I was playing as Godfather I could use that excuse if I knew the people who had been roleblocked are dead and I can claim it uncontested. If there's no RB in a (semi-)closed setup then I'd be even bolder to take that potential credit. I'll wait to hear more on him.


On January 24 2018 15:06 Kmatt wrote:
Beyond that I'm willing to accept Damerion's claim(s), which puts the remaining potential townies at Mocsta/Rels/HF/Mderg. Rels is on the nice list, as is Mderg. HF is still HF, but he's certainly not my vote today. Mocsta is more null to me. A lot of text but nothing stands out to say "This guy is town". Cop checks are a bit more reliable than my gut, so until we get into a 4-way cop claim-off I'll let him slide.

On January 24 2018 15:10 Kmatt wrote:
Actually looking back over filters, Twat went full AFK, even moreso than me. I'll hold on to my vote to see how JAT looks today. If nothing else I'll ice BTDT.

Do you still believe he townread you at any point during these ?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 17:59 GMT
#1241
And about the second point, about he didn't talk about a godfather until later: well he actually talked about it in his first D3 post, you agree with that ?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 18:17 GMT
#1246
On January 27 2018 03:14 beentheredonethat wrote:
whoa Rels calm your tits, keep the caps to yourself and don't spam question marks

If that makes you feel better, I was much more angry before, then I edited these posts before posting so that my point is crystal clear. I think the problem is that you ignored the first D3 post of Kmatt, in which:
- he talks about a GF
- he scumread you
So that makes your whole theory fall apart.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 18:19 GMT
#1247
On January 27 2018 03:16 beentheredonethat wrote:
Rels just killed all of my motivation to continue to play this game. I'm vt and I'll piss off until like sunday or something.

lol. You state two false assertions, then build a theory on it. I prove to you that your two assertions are false. Now either you agree, and we can start talking about something else, or you don't agree, and we can continue talking about it. No need to pussy out.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 26 2018 18:20 GMT
#1248
On January 27 2018 03:16 beentheredonethat wrote:
Rels just killed all of my motivation to continue to play this game.

And don't put the responsability on me for something you decided to do. Thanks.
You're getting angry because you were wrong. I understand the feeling, just get back in a few hours and everything will be OK.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 189
ProTech150
Nina 96
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3521
Shuttle 1469
Sharp 375
Dewaltoss 89
Mong 64
Noble 14
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm182
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox574
Mew2King22
Other Games
summit1g8271
WinterStarcraft545
C9.Mang0257
Sick115
ViBE109
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• StrangeGG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2309
League of Legends
• Lourlo1069
• Stunt360
Other Games
• Shiphtur423
Upcoming Events
OSC
17h 55m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 4h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.