• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:51
CEST 01:51
KST 08:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8408 users

[T][M] Resistance VI - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 Next All
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 09:15 GMT
#1067
On February 07 2017 18:08 RtaniSoul wrote:
You're basically saying "your reads are wrong because you SHOULD be townreading grack and silver and me 100% and sharkie SHOULD therefore be mafia to you if the mission fails so clearly you're mafia with sharkie if it fails!" Which is utterly and incredibly dumb.


It's not dumb if this mission fails

With me being 100 % on swika grack being resistance, if a team with you + me alongside them failed, I would have forced a scenario where people had to choose between you and me, which is in my interest as I believe you are spies.

Grack understood it correctly as he called it a sort of copcheck on you.

Now if this mission fails you will still be around to sneak into teams as you can say "but how do you know we were never on a mission."
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 09:22 GMT
#1079
On February 07 2017 18:20 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2017 18:19 RtaniSoul wrote:
On February 07 2017 18:13 Superbia wrote:
Btw, when this team fails at least one between myself and EC has to be town. We cannot both be mafia.

Why?


Check the votes man. Jesus.


Sharkies last vote is a wifom vote btw (ie he wants to gain cred from it if the mission fails).

If it passes, disregard.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 09:24 GMT
#1085
On February 07 2017 18:22 sharkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2017 18:01 Vivax wrote:
On February 07 2017 03:19 Grackaroni wrote:
On February 07 2017 03:14 Silverika wrote:
On February 07 2017 02:58 Grackaroni wrote:
Methinks the team is Sharkie/Tumblewood/Rtanisoul


I was trying to think of scum sharkie wanting scum rtanisoul on a mission, when he was already on it, as highly unlikely. They only need one fail vote.

~SilverWolf77

That's a pretty good point.


That's not a good point two spies on a mission is a good strat as people tend to assume only one person is to blame, for simplicity's sake. Accusing two people on the same team at the same time is hard to do.

This is one of the things that bothered me, and also why it bothered me that rtanisoul wanted to sub in for me as opposed to my suggestion that they sub in for sharkie.


Show nested quote +
On February 07 2017 18:11 Vivax wrote:
On February 07 2017 18:06 RtaniSoul wrote:
On February 07 2017 18:03 Vivax wrote:
On February 07 2017 17:58 RtaniSoul wrote:
On February 07 2017 17:54 Vivax wrote:
This seems like a good day been reading a bunch of stuff that stirred me up but I'll start adressing all of it when I see the mission outcome and it's a failure.

If it fails tho rtanisoul + sharkie is a given. I don't see how anyone would not think that sharkie was spy if mission 1 failed, so all the explanations for swika being town besides that one are superflous and the fact they refuse to townread Grack also speaks volumes as he is their only out from scumreading sharkie.

Will you take full responsibility for losing this game if this mission fails and we're not mafia?


No, cause you could have supported my suggestion of subbing you in for sharkie.

No, because we feel more secure in his slot than your slot, so why would we have done that?


How does that make any sense? If you knew you were resistance and had doubts on sharkie like I do, being in a rtanisoul, vivax, swika, grack team would guarantee a win, in your book. Instead you counter proposed that we put you in alongside sharkie.

And why don't you want to acknowledge that Grack isn't spy as he could easily have failed the first mission with sharkie being the obvious blame dumpster.


So spies are smart enough to put two of them into the team but not smart enough to delay failing a mission in order to put even more blame on me? Like you said if the first mission passes and the second mission fails the only LOGICAL spy would be me. But gods forsake that spies could use that exact same train of thought you had as their strategy?

Are the spies dumb or smart? You need to stick to one scenario... I don't see how one thing can be a "good strategy for spies" but the other is "no way spies would not fail the first mission)... You really really make it very easy for you, don't you?
Also you seem to be very sure that this mission is going to fail and that I am the spy with RT.

So why did you approve the team in the first place? Just send yourself and TW and go for an easy win?


If you are resistance and think that Grack and Swika are resistance, why did I nominate an all resistance team in the first place? And why should I bother subbing rtanisoul in instead of you when as spy I would suffice?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 09:35 GMT
#1097
On February 07 2017 18:16 RtaniSoul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2017 18:15 Vivax wrote:
On February 07 2017 18:08 RtaniSoul wrote:
You're basically saying "your reads are wrong because you SHOULD be townreading grack and silver and me 100% and sharkie SHOULD therefore be mafia to you if the mission fails so clearly you're mafia with sharkie if it fails!" Which is utterly and incredibly dumb.


It's not dumb if this mission fails

With me being 100 % on swika grack being resistance, if a team with you + me alongside them failed, I would have forced a scenario where people had to choose between you and me, which is in my interest as I believe you are spies.

Grack understood it correctly as he called it a sort of copcheck on you.

Now if this mission fails you will still be around to sneak into teams as you can say "but how do you know we were never on a mission."

You're only seeing it from your perspective again. I am not certain on grack and yourself. I'm telling you to look at it from my perspective and figure out how it all makes sense from me being town, but you're too tunneled on your tinfoil theory.


Have it your way then.

As team leader, I put a spy into the team. He lets it pass cause he'd be at risk if it fails.

Everyone agrees on same team + previous leader.

I request to take out the previous spy and replace it with you as resistance. Denied.

If the team fails, as resistance you would know exactly who to blame: Me. Nobody is so bullheaded to not acknowledge that Grack and swika are simply town. Spies will only let a mission pass if they know that it will get them excluded for the rest of the game.

During nomination phase, we all agreed on swika and Grack, and I even asked you who you think should be the third. You said: Sharkie or yourself. I chose sharkie.

When I make a suggestion very similar to your previous one, where one of the three is someone you suggested previously, this happens:
You refuse cuz being afraid of being on a failing team, which btw isn't in line with your thoughts on sharkie so far.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 09:39 GMT
#1104
All RtaniSoul are doing is spreading doubts all over the team and basically the entire game when it's blatantly obvious that sharkie was the most risky in it from the get go, a free invitation to Grack and Swika to make the first team fail and exclude him for the rest of the game.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 10:22 GMT
#1122
You won't get anywhere just with vote analysis. It's too easy to tamper with.

According to vote analysis one would conclude rtanisoul is town just cause they nay-voted a team with themselves on it.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 11:38 GMT
#1136
Can't be in a sharkie world without rtanisoul in it tbh.

If this fails I'm ride or die sharkie + rtanisoul
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 13:14 GMT
#1141
On February 07 2017 22:02 sharkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2017 19:22 Vivax wrote:
You won't get anywhere just with vote analysis. It's too easy to tamper with.

According to vote analysis one would conclude rtanisoul is town just cause they nay-voted a team with themselves on it.


I don't think you know how vote analysis works...
In what world would nay-voting your own team be automatically considered resistance?
In the same world yay voting a good team allows you to get credit or what?


Thanks for unintentionally endorsing the point I was making.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 13:38 GMT
#1143
-If you act this way then why did you accept the team in the first place?!-


I was hoping it was an all town team but with super, SL playing a more conventional game again (which makes them look townier) and rtaniSoul suddenly spreading doubt among all mission members, it does increasingly look like a failure.

I was planning on awaiting the outcome before posting further but you wanted me to adress points and rtaniSoul keeps trying to argue why they aren't spy when I do, so there you go.

It's not like much changed as I was suspecting you of being spy with them before approving the mission. I just wanted to confirm it by putting them in instead of you.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 13:41 GMT
#1144
And the only thing that matters for me regarding votes is if they are in contrast to what a person said at the time.
I was under the impression rtaniSoul had a much stronger TR on Grack and Swika back when they approved. Now they say you and Grack are about equal.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 14:57 GMT
#1172
So the latest pages are rtanisoul and sharkie pushing the notion that spies dont defend each other when there are no flips and bussing is suicidal.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 15:03 GMT
#1178
I wouldn't even be so tunneled, but this happened:

During noms I asked rtanisoul who the third should be alongside grack and swika.

They said sharkie or themselves. They didn't put a fight over sending Grack and Swika. So everything suggested that they trust them, right? At least it suggested it to me. Third candidate would be the risky one, and I thought that was the consensus.

Yet when the mission is over and now we're contemplating the consequences of a failure, Grack and Swika are suddenly at the same level of suspiciousness as sharkie for them and that is something I disagree with and that doesn't look at all like it looked for them, back when I nominated.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 15:07 GMT
#1182
I like my reads clear cut as the game progresses, and not sit back at square one when a mission passes/fails and that's what happens when you follow the scenarios rtaniSoul are suggesting. And we don't want to be at square one and have no clue who's spy/res.

I knew I would scumread sharkie if the mission failed, a Grack/Swika spy would probably have known that and failed it, and I will scumread sharkie if this one fails.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 15:42 GMT
#1205
On February 08 2017 00:36 Grackaroni wrote:
Sharkie has been way way townier today than he has been anywhere before. I'm pretty sure he's just town.

I also think Silver is town

Vivax just keeps arguing that Silver/I aren't mafia based off WIFOM instead of analyzing posts and is ignoring sharkie making townie posts. I kind of think he just wants to take the opposing position of the other spy because he is basing his read on Silver/I on such weak reasoning while arguing that we need to ignore vote logic because it's WIFOM.

My new guess is that the team is Vivax/Artisoul/Tumblewood.

I think that would explain the yes votes for the first mission since one of Vivax/Artisoul was guaranteed to be put in the second mission for putting in Sharkie.


Care to explain? What you're calling my wifom now also was something you townread me for earlier. Wtf man?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 15:43 GMT
#1206
On February 08 2017 00:39 RtaniSoul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2017 00:36 Grackaroni wrote:
Sharkie has been way way townier today than he has been anywhere before. I'm pretty sure he's just town.

I also think Silver is town

Vivax just keeps arguing that Silver/I aren't mafia based off WIFOM instead of analyzing posts and is ignoring sharkie making townie posts. I kind of think he just wants to take the opposing position of the other spy because he is basing his read on Silver/I on such weak reasoning while arguing that we need to ignore vote logic because it's WIFOM.

My new guess is that the team is Vivax/Artisoul/Tumblewood.

I think that would explain the yes votes for the first mission since one of Vivax/Artisoul was guaranteed to be put in the second mission for putting in Sharkie.

we're mafia.. with Vivax?
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.


Same here that's the most WTF thing I saw today. What's the point of having this war as spies? Is spy win con now to not send each other on missions?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 15:48 GMT
#1211
I'd even yolo approve a swika/emc/SL/TW team after the things I saw today.

Team 3/4 leprosy
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 15:50 GMT
#1216
Earlier:

On February 07 2017 03:13 Grackaroni wrote:

Vivax is actually coming up with a lot of thought out scum pairings without trying too hard to be town read. Plus he said right off the bat that Silver/I aren't scum, which is a good thing from my perspective.



Now:

Vivax just keeps arguing that Silver/I aren't mafia based off WIFOM instead of analyzing posts and is ignoring sharkie making townie posts. I kind of think he just wants to take the opposing position of the other spy because he is basing his read on Silver/I on such weak reasoning while arguing that we need to ignore vote logic because it's WIFOM.


My, my, Grack. Just when you had earned my favour ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 15:53 GMT
#1220
On February 08 2017 00:51 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2017 00:50 Vivax wrote:
Earlier:

On February 07 2017 03:13 Grackaroni wrote:

Vivax is actually coming up with a lot of thought out scum pairings without trying too hard to be town read. Plus he said right off the bat that Silver/I aren't scum, which is a good thing from my perspective.



Now:

Vivax just keeps arguing that Silver/I aren't mafia based off WIFOM instead of analyzing posts and is ignoring sharkie making townie posts. I kind of think he just wants to take the opposing position of the other spy because he is basing his read on Silver/I on such weak reasoning while arguing that we need to ignore vote logic because it's WIFOM.


My, my, Grack. Just when you had earned my favour ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I liked that when I thought the spy was likely to be sharkie.

Now I think the spy is quite unlikely to be sharkie.


Even then the same argument shouldn't lead to different conclusions for you.

Unless you use it just to make up reads when they suit the moment ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 15:55 GMT
#1222
On February 08 2017 00:54 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2017 00:53 Vivax wrote:
On February 08 2017 00:51 Grackaroni wrote:
On February 08 2017 00:50 Vivax wrote:
Earlier:

On February 07 2017 03:13 Grackaroni wrote:

Vivax is actually coming up with a lot of thought out scum pairings without trying too hard to be town read. Plus he said right off the bat that Silver/I aren't scum, which is a good thing from my perspective.



Now:

Vivax just keeps arguing that Silver/I aren't mafia based off WIFOM instead of analyzing posts and is ignoring sharkie making townie posts. I kind of think he just wants to take the opposing position of the other spy because he is basing his read on Silver/I on such weak reasoning while arguing that we need to ignore vote logic because it's WIFOM.


My, my, Grack. Just when you had earned my favour ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I liked that when I thought the spy was likely to be sharkie.

Now I think the spy is quite unlikely to be sharkie.


Even then the same argument shouldn't lead to different conclusions for you.

Unless you use it just to make up reads when they suit the moment ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You're scum.


Vivax uses wifom when you townread him: You like it.
Vivax uses wifom when you scumread him: He's scum.

Who's scum here?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 16:10 GMT
#1234
It'd make me laugh if the team passes, there's a reason I didn't want to post this much
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 162
Vindicta 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10065
Rain 653
Artosis 471
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift4112
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox634
Mew2King512
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor995
Other Games
summit1g9938
shahzam698
JimRising 563
Day[9].tv529
PiGStarcraft177
C9.Mang096
ArmadaUGS95
NeuroSwarm68
ViBE54
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV180
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 80
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie748
• Scarra564
• Day9tv529
• Shiphtur188
Upcoming Events
OSC
9m
CranKy Ducklings0
Stellar Fest
13h 9m
OSC
22h 9m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.