• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:49
CEST 14:49
KST 21:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8750 users

A normal game just for JAT <3 - Page 79

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 178 Next
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-20 15:19:10
April 20 2016 15:18 GMT
#1561
EDIT: Apologies, somehow my post for Tortoise wound up in the wrong thread >_<
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 20 2016 15:18 GMT
#1562
On April 21 2016 00:10 Rels wrote:
Votes recap colored

Day 1 final votecount
+ Show Spoiler +

GlowingBear: (6) Justanothertownie, Obiwanshinobi, Palmar, rsoultin, Superbia, tumblewood
Superbia: (3) rsoultin, Obiwanshinobi, sicklucker, fazers, Palmar, GlowingBear
Tumblewood: (3) gumshoe, rsoultin, rels, fazers, tumblewood, Superbia, Justanotherscummer
Rsoultin: (1) Onegu


Day 2 final votecount
+ Show Spoiler +

Superbia: (9) Gumshoe, Onegu, Obiwanshinobi, justanothertownie, sicklucker, rsoultin, justanotherscummer, rels, tumblewood

Not voting: (1) Superbia

Good thing you colored dat day2 vc. Will certainly be very helpful :p
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
April 20 2016 15:19 GMT
#1563
lol get out lone female
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 20 2016 15:19 GMT
#1564
On April 21 2016 00:12 Rels wrote:
JAT for some reason I thought you voted Superbia D1 ?
Tumble not jumping on Superbia but jumping on GB is a indeed a good point considering Superbia was RB.


well i mean, if that matched his reads it wouldn't be nearly as significant (though still odd)

superbia was one of his scumreads
gb was a nullread

this is what i think never comes from town being lynched here. a town player would have no reason not to vote the counterwagon, especially when he was scumreading him
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 20 2016 15:19 GMT
#1565
On April 21 2016 00:18 Half the Sky wrote:

Milady, you don't belong here.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
April 20 2016 15:20 GMT
#1566
On April 21 2016 00:18 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 00:10 Rels wrote:
Votes recap colored

Day 1 final votecount
+ Show Spoiler +

GlowingBear: (6) Justanothertownie, Obiwanshinobi, Palmar, rsoultin, Superbia, tumblewood
Superbia: (3) rsoultin, Obiwanshinobi, sicklucker, fazers, Palmar, GlowingBear
Tumblewood: (3) gumshoe, rsoultin, rels, fazers, tumblewood, Superbia, Justanotherscummer
Rsoultin: (1) Onegu


Day 2 final votecount
+ Show Spoiler +

Superbia: (9) Gumshoe, Onegu, Obiwanshinobi, justanothertownie, sicklucker, rsoultin, justanotherscummer, rels, tumblewood

Not voting: (1) Superbia

Good thing you colored dat day2 vc. Will certainly be very helpful :p

^^
You also could not click the damn spoiler instead of complaining!
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 20 2016 15:26 GMT
#1567
On April 21 2016 00:16 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 00:07 rsoultin wrote:
On April 20 2016 23:56 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 20 2016 23:43 rsoultin wrote:
that and i'm just generally not that interested cause i think i fully understand why palmar warns for telling anyone about any type of host interaction. much as i don't want to read into it...it's tilting you toward the town side of null lol >< like i can go into it more but i almost think it's unsporting to do so since you're not an easy townread right now, and it's not 100% anyway just a belief i have regarding how the host would handle things

Yes, one of the reasons I have my doubts about him being scum too.


unrelated, but do you not live in the U.S. anymore? (i may or may not be asking cause lex and i are composing a visitation list for when i bebop into the netherlands this summer lol ^^)

related, are you where i'm at on reads or do you disagree somewhere? i know you and rels were duking it out earlier over something that i kinda just data-dumped cause i didn't really agree with either side (i think...probably. might be alzheimers)

Unsurprisingly I don't have as much or as strong townreads as you do. SL irritates me because not long ago he said I was a really easy townread and this game he is doing everything he can to be able to scumread me. Like calling me "one of the best scummer" or something like that which is extremely uncharacteristic for him. There are other reasons for why he isn't someone I would go for in the near future though.
Gumshoe is fine for now.

Rels is basically null because there are some townie things and some scummy about him. Not my prefered lynch though.
OWS is more or less the same. I would be more confident about him being town had he actually pushed the cc thing. He just complained and did nothing about it. Which sadly is something I could see town Obi do though.

Onegu can die in a fire.


I never lived in the U.S.?!


bad tina memory! lol sorry (no we don't need to keep talking about this in thread -slinks off-)

okay so we're kinda along the same page then. well idk like i do think it would be worthwhile to go back and make sure ows doesn't have outs and things in-thread and not just go voting rb over possible bad town/possible scum means he's town (not making that mistake again ><) but it does drop him in priority for me

idk though the complaining and doing nothing (i assume you mean in the form of actually voting) is a bit suicidal for you to do as scum when thread sentiment is clearly grinding toward a super lynch? like i know that's not the best reason to townread anyone. i know for a fact it's something i'd be fine doing myself depending on the circumstances. just not really sure ows is that...hm what's the word? brash? arrogant? flashy? as a scum player. from what little experience i've had with his scum game he's more of a simpering blender (<3s ows >> that's not meant to be offensive btw i do the simpering stuff too depending on the situation)
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 20 2016 15:31 GMT
#1568
On April 21 2016 00:26 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 00:16 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 21 2016 00:07 rsoultin wrote:
On April 20 2016 23:56 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 20 2016 23:43 rsoultin wrote:
that and i'm just generally not that interested cause i think i fully understand why palmar warns for telling anyone about any type of host interaction. much as i don't want to read into it...it's tilting you toward the town side of null lol >< like i can go into it more but i almost think it's unsporting to do so since you're not an easy townread right now, and it's not 100% anyway just a belief i have regarding how the host would handle things

Yes, one of the reasons I have my doubts about him being scum too.


unrelated, but do you not live in the U.S. anymore? (i may or may not be asking cause lex and i are composing a visitation list for when i bebop into the netherlands this summer lol ^^)

related, are you where i'm at on reads or do you disagree somewhere? i know you and rels were duking it out earlier over something that i kinda just data-dumped cause i didn't really agree with either side (i think...probably. might be alzheimers)

Unsurprisingly I don't have as much or as strong townreads as you do. SL irritates me because not long ago he said I was a really easy townread and this game he is doing everything he can to be able to scumread me. Like calling me "one of the best scummer" or something like that which is extremely uncharacteristic for him. There are other reasons for why he isn't someone I would go for in the near future though.
Gumshoe is fine for now.

Rels is basically null because there are some townie things and some scummy about him. Not my prefered lynch though.
OWS is more or less the same. I would be more confident about him being town had he actually pushed the cc thing. He just complained and did nothing about it. Which sadly is something I could see town Obi do though.

Onegu can die in a fire.


I never lived in the U.S.?!


bad tina memory! lol sorry (no we don't need to keep talking about this in thread -slinks off-)

okay so we're kinda along the same page then. well idk like i do think it would be worthwhile to go back and make sure ows doesn't have outs and things in-thread and not just go voting rb over possible bad town/possible scum means he's town (not making that mistake again ><) but it does drop him in priority for me

idk though the complaining and doing nothing (i assume you mean in the form of actually voting) is a bit suicidal for you to do as scum when thread sentiment is clearly grinding toward a super lynch? like i know that's not the best reason to townread anyone. i know for a fact it's something i'd be fine doing myself depending on the circumstances. just not really sure ows is that...hm what's the word? brash? arrogant? flashy? as a scum player. from what little experience i've had with his scum game he's more of a simpering blender (<3s ows >> that's not meant to be offensive btw i do the simpering stuff too depending on the situation)

Erm, yes? That is exactly my point. If he would have been more vocal/stubborn about it I would have a stronger townread on him. That would be flashy/brash etc as mafia. Just complaining about it without doing stuff is more like scum OWS.
But yeah he was the first to vote superbia day1 it seems. Good for him.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 20 2016 15:31 GMT
#1569
rels is more his filter just looks like a town filter lol the fluidity of reads changing with new info is there, the willingness to say he's wrong about things instead of dig in his heels, and the probing into a lot of different things in a way that to me at least looks more like trying to figure out thought process and intentions (i.e. alignments) rather than just going on the attack. yet he's still aggressive so it doesn't look too blendy

^ definition of a town filter from a player who knows how to play for me

tbf i know his scum game is good lol >< but i don't think it's quite that good. the fluidity and breadth in particular is pretty hard to accomplish as scum, at least for me
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 20 2016 15:34 GMT
#1570
On April 21 2016 00:31 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 00:26 rsoultin wrote:
On April 21 2016 00:16 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 21 2016 00:07 rsoultin wrote:
On April 20 2016 23:56 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 20 2016 23:43 rsoultin wrote:
that and i'm just generally not that interested cause i think i fully understand why palmar warns for telling anyone about any type of host interaction. much as i don't want to read into it...it's tilting you toward the town side of null lol >< like i can go into it more but i almost think it's unsporting to do so since you're not an easy townread right now, and it's not 100% anyway just a belief i have regarding how the host would handle things

Yes, one of the reasons I have my doubts about him being scum too.


unrelated, but do you not live in the U.S. anymore? (i may or may not be asking cause lex and i are composing a visitation list for when i bebop into the netherlands this summer lol ^^)

related, are you where i'm at on reads or do you disagree somewhere? i know you and rels were duking it out earlier over something that i kinda just data-dumped cause i didn't really agree with either side (i think...probably. might be alzheimers)

Unsurprisingly I don't have as much or as strong townreads as you do. SL irritates me because not long ago he said I was a really easy townread and this game he is doing everything he can to be able to scumread me. Like calling me "one of the best scummer" or something like that which is extremely uncharacteristic for him. There are other reasons for why he isn't someone I would go for in the near future though.
Gumshoe is fine for now.

Rels is basically null because there are some townie things and some scummy about him. Not my prefered lynch though.
OWS is more or less the same. I would be more confident about him being town had he actually pushed the cc thing. He just complained and did nothing about it. Which sadly is something I could see town Obi do though.

Onegu can die in a fire.


I never lived in the U.S.?!


bad tina memory! lol sorry (no we don't need to keep talking about this in thread -slinks off-)

okay so we're kinda along the same page then. well idk like i do think it would be worthwhile to go back and make sure ows doesn't have outs and things in-thread and not just go voting rb over possible bad town/possible scum means he's town (not making that mistake again ><) but it does drop him in priority for me

idk though the complaining and doing nothing (i assume you mean in the form of actually voting) is a bit suicidal for you to do as scum when thread sentiment is clearly grinding toward a super lynch? like i know that's not the best reason to townread anyone. i know for a fact it's something i'd be fine doing myself depending on the circumstances. just not really sure ows is that...hm what's the word? brash? arrogant? flashy? as a scum player. from what little experience i've had with his scum game he's more of a simpering blender (<3s ows >> that's not meant to be offensive btw i do the simpering stuff too depending on the situation)

Erm, yes? That is exactly my point. If he would have been more vocal/stubborn about it I would have a stronger townread on him. That would be flashy/brash etc as mafia. Just complaining about it without doing stuff is more like scum OWS.
But yeah he was the first to vote superbia day1 it seems. Good for him.


yeah i see your point ^^ you've also played with him more and i'm honestly skittish about him fooling me again lolol >< i prob should look and see if he gave himself outs like he did before when i missed the obvious. that would be smart. yup
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 20 2016 15:34 GMT
#1571
On April 21 2016 00:31 rsoultin wrote:
rels is more his filter just looks like a town filter lol the fluidity of reads changing with new info is there, the willingness to say he's wrong about things instead of dig in his heels, and the probing into a lot of different things in a way that to me at least looks more like trying to figure out thought process and intentions (i.e. alignments) rather than just going on the attack. yet he's still aggressive so it doesn't look too blendy

^ definition of a town filter from a player who knows how to play for me

tbf i know his scum game is good lol >< but i don't think it's quite that good. the fluidity and breadth in particular is pretty hard to accomplish as scum, at least for me

Ok, if you ever flip scum rels is like 95 % town ^^
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
April 20 2016 15:36 GMT
#1572
So I have alot of stuff saved up for eon, but if it’s just going to just get ignored theres no real point to the effort is there / : so I’m writing this preamble to hopefully soften the crowd : D

if I am actively involved in a game and I make it past the first few nights I am going to start putting stuff together. I think in large webs based around core evidence. The problem is you are all very clever people and you find the one or two holes in what I say and assume that those exceptions are in fact the case and subsequently dismiss them in favour of your own reads. Reads that if I felt like doing so, I could pick apart like cotton.

This is simply because most arguments in mafia come with a free set of holes / : the only reason they continue to stand is because people cant be bothered disproving all of them / :


I said my interactions make it very unlikely for me to be mafia. That does not equal "I called him mafia so I can't be mafia


Heres a post from jat in regards to rels pushing him, at this point jats getting pretty angry. He seems to think that saying my “interactions make it unlikely that were mafia together” is way different from “I cant be mafia with him cause I called him mafia” but rels knows jat and is aware that hes not a hyperbolic player ala ritoky (who would be screaming confirmed for days in jats position after the super flip) which means rels may very well consider an understated claim from him to be equivalent. Is rels right or wrong to do this? Thats besides the point, to qoute jat himself

I don't care. I don't think you can townread GB yet. But I think it is entirely possible that gumshoe believes he can.



Is it really that hard to see rels believing this as town?
Jat seems to think that rels could not possibly do this as green and I think thats his biggest fuck up yet

If you are town you are being a fucking idiot because things like this are mafia basics and yet you obviously fail to grasp anything this game. The more you do this the more I think you are just trying to rile me up and to undermine my standing in this town.


Jat feels rels is bieng an idiot, he knows rels is intelligent, therefore rels is scum.

There are so very many problems with this logic, but lets start simple, jat is a very smart and eloquent person, to him, alot of what we say probably comes off as idiotic because of just that. He has rarely agreed with anyone this game about anything as he is rather confident / : as he should be, he is quite good. Yet that gives him a poor perspective on whats too dumb a move for someone to make.

Also there's the fact that this is a terrible move regardless, which means no matter what alignment he is rels is being stupid, therefore stupidity has no bearing on rels alignment as jat seems to think. There is no reason to attack jat here as all rels has to do if hes scum is look townie. Antagonising townie numero uno may do that indirectly, but it also aggros him thereby making the whole move derp. Only real reason to do it is if rels actually think jats scum based off feel and is using shit reasoning to justify that feel read / : thereby pissing off jat and robbing him of his objectivity. Which sorta makes rels town.

The point I am trying to make here is that I think Jat is a fantastic player, but here he is being a fucking idiot.

I can find shit like this on everyone here and i’m sure they could come up with a million reasons why I’m wrong about them being wrong and we can go back and forth like that forever.

Look, I don't want us to stop finding flaws in one another's arguments, thats mafia, what I want is for us to stop rewarding ourselves for finding those flaws with the instant dismissal of the cases to which those flaws belong. All so that we can get back to proving why were right and everyone else is wrong.

So when I post what may be my last big wall of text ,which is going to be as logical and streamlined and clear as I can possibly make it ,and you find all the potential outs for each and every point, dont just walk away satisfied, ask yourself how effective those outs actually are, how likely is it that they are the rule and not the exception? Das all I ask yo / :
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 20 2016 15:41 GMT
#1573
On April 21 2016 00:36 gumshoe wrote:
So I have alot of stuff saved up for eon, but if it’s just going to just get ignored theres no real point to the effort is there / : so I’m writing this preamble to hopefully soften the crowd : D

if I am actively involved in a game and I make it past the first few nights I am going to start putting stuff together. I think in large webs based around core evidence. The problem is you are all very clever people and you find the one or two holes in what I say and assume that those exceptions are in fact the case and subsequently dismiss them in favour of your own reads. Reads that if I felt like doing so, I could pick apart like cotton.

This is simply because most arguments in mafia come with a free set of holes / : the only reason they continue to stand is because people cant be bothered disproving all of them / :


Show nested quote +
I said my interactions make it very unlikely for me to be mafia. That does not equal "I called him mafia so I can't be mafia


Heres a post from jat in regards to rels pushing him, at this point jats getting pretty angry. He seems to think that saying my “interactions make it unlikely that were mafia together” is way different from “I cant be mafia with him cause I called him mafia” but rels knows jat and is aware that hes not a hyperbolic player ala ritoky (who would be screaming confirmed for days in jats position after the super flip) which means rels may very well consider an understated claim from him to be equivalent. Is rels right or wrong to do this? Thats besides the point, to qoute jat himself

Show nested quote +
I don't care. I don't think you can townread GB yet. But I think it is entirely possible that gumshoe believes he can.



Is it really that hard to see rels believing this as town?
Jat seems to think that rels could not possibly do this as green and I think thats his biggest fuck up yet

Show nested quote +
If you are town you are being a fucking idiot because things like this are mafia basics and yet you obviously fail to grasp anything this game. The more you do this the more I think you are just trying to rile me up and to undermine my standing in this town.


Jat feels rels is bieng an idiot, he knows rels is intelligent, therefore rels is scum.

There are so very many problems with this logic, but lets start simple, jat is a very smart and eloquent person, to him, alot of what we say probably comes off as idiotic because of just that. He has rarely agreed with anyone this game about anything as he is rather confident / : as he should be, he is quite good. Yet that gives him a poor perspective on whats too dumb a move for someone to make.

Also there's the fact that this is a terrible move regardless, which means no matter what alignment he is rels is being stupid, therefore stupidity has no bearing on rels alignment as jat seems to think. There is no reason to attack jat here as all rels has to do if hes scum is look townie. Antagonising townie numero uno may do that indirectly, but it also aggros him thereby making the whole move derp. Only real reason to do it is if rels actually think jats scum based off feel and is using shit reasoning to justify that feel read / : thereby pissing off jat and robbing him of his objectivity. Which sorta makes rels town.

The point I am trying to make here is that I think Jat is a fantastic player, but here he is being a fucking idiot.

I can find shit like this on everyone here and i’m sure they could come up with a million reasons why I’m wrong about them being wrong and we can go back and forth like that forever.

Look, I don't want us to stop finding flaws in one another's arguments, thats mafia, what I want is for us to stop rewarding ourselves for finding those flaws with the instant dismissal of the cases to which those flaws belong. All so that we can get back to proving why were right and everyone else is wrong.

So when I post what may be my last big wall of text ,which is going to be as logical and streamlined and clear as I can possibly make it ,and you find all the potential outs for each and every point, dont just walk away satisfied, ask yourself how effective those outs actually are, how likely is it that they are the rule and not the exception? Das all I ask yo / :

Can you tell me what's the point of this post? Because I don't see it. You want me to townread rels or what?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
April 20 2016 15:43 GMT
#1574
lol rsoul I forgot you were writting everything in spanish early on. Apparently it was too hard to keep up ^^
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 20 2016 15:44 GMT
#1575
On April 21 2016 00:34 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 00:31 rsoultin wrote:
rels is more his filter just looks like a town filter lol the fluidity of reads changing with new info is there, the willingness to say he's wrong about things instead of dig in his heels, and the probing into a lot of different things in a way that to me at least looks more like trying to figure out thought process and intentions (i.e. alignments) rather than just going on the attack. yet he's still aggressive so it doesn't look too blendy

^ definition of a town filter from a player who knows how to play for me

tbf i know his scum game is good lol >< but i don't think it's quite that good. the fluidity and breadth in particular is pretty hard to accomplish as scum, at least for me

Ok, if you ever flip scum rels is like 95 % town ^^


lol if you honestly think it's possible for me to flip scum this game, i've really hit the next tier of scum!goddess or you just don't pay enough attention to my play from game to game (which would actually be fair cause yeah pretty sure the brain cancer thing is a widespread opinion)

bueno, where was i going with this?

oh!

yeah d1 vote is dropping back to nai. he was clearly open to shennanies before they happened so it doesn't mean much. i think i'll follow you and null read ows lol >< though it's not substantially any different since i'd probably lynch him before shape anyway

"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 20 2016 15:46 GMT
#1576
On April 21 2016 00:43 Rels wrote:
lol rsoul I forgot you were writting everything in spanish early on. Apparently it was too hard to keep up ^^


>> lol god it takes me like 4x as long to do it that way >> i prob should have given how much i spammed this game but...okay you want the honest truth? part of why i dropped it (apart from frustration at palmar lol ><) was it was so damn slow that me capping my spamming wasn't really helpful lol >< part was laziness \o/
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 20 2016 15:47 GMT
#1577
On April 21 2016 00:46 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 00:43 Rels wrote:
lol rsoul I forgot you were writting everything in spanish early on. Apparently it was too hard to keep up ^^


>> lol god it takes me like 4x as long to do it that way >> i prob should have given how much i spammed this game but...okay you want the honest truth? part of why i dropped it (apart from frustration at palmar lol ><) was it was so damn slow that me capping my spamming wasn't really helpful lol >< part was laziness \o/

Lucky you. I might have policy lynched you for it.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
April 20 2016 15:50 GMT
#1578
On April 16 2016 05:18 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2016 04:54 rsoultin wrote:
On April 16 2016 04:26 Palmar wrote:
Lynch rsoultin


Hey, Palmar...seriously, dude...I mean if you're mafia and I'm just a chump you can go ahead and ignore this but otherwise I'd really appreciate knowing what's so apparently awful about how I'm playing that all you can do is say lynch rsoultin. Like...I mean, yeah, I'm having trouble finding who I want to lynch that's probably pretty obvious, but considering the only person you can be bothered to talk about is town you're doing no better. If it's a me just being a shitter I'd like to know that though. I really don't think I'm actually playing that bad given the circumstances :/

what happened to spanish????

checkmate scum.


You're lucky Palmar is dead then p:
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
April 20 2016 15:51 GMT
#1579
On April 21 2016 00:41 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 00:36 gumshoe wrote:
So I have alot of stuff saved up for eon, but if it’s just going to just get ignored theres no real point to the effort is there / : so I’m writing this preamble to hopefully soften the crowd : D

if I am actively involved in a game and I make it past the first few nights I am going to start putting stuff together. I think in large webs based around core evidence. The problem is you are all very clever people and you find the one or two holes in what I say and assume that those exceptions are in fact the case and subsequently dismiss them in favour of your own reads. Reads that if I felt like doing so, I could pick apart like cotton.

This is simply because most arguments in mafia come with a free set of holes / : the only reason they continue to stand is because people cant be bothered disproving all of them / :


I said my interactions make it very unlikely for me to be mafia. That does not equal "I called him mafia so I can't be mafia


Heres a post from jat in regards to rels pushing him, at this point jats getting pretty angry. He seems to think that saying my “interactions make it unlikely that were mafia together” is way different from “I cant be mafia with him cause I called him mafia” but rels knows jat and is aware that hes not a hyperbolic player ala ritoky (who would be screaming confirmed for days in jats position after the super flip) which means rels may very well consider an understated claim from him to be equivalent. Is rels right or wrong to do this? Thats besides the point, to qoute jat himself

I don't care. I don't think you can townread GB yet. But I think it is entirely possible that gumshoe believes he can.



Is it really that hard to see rels believing this as town?
Jat seems to think that rels could not possibly do this as green and I think thats his biggest fuck up yet

If you are town you are being a fucking idiot because things like this are mafia basics and yet you obviously fail to grasp anything this game. The more you do this the more I think you are just trying to rile me up and to undermine my standing in this town.


Jat feels rels is bieng an idiot, he knows rels is intelligent, therefore rels is scum.

There are so very many problems with this logic, but lets start simple, jat is a very smart and eloquent person, to him, alot of what we say probably comes off as idiotic because of just that. He has rarely agreed with anyone this game about anything as he is rather confident / : as he should be, he is quite good. Yet that gives him a poor perspective on whats too dumb a move for someone to make.

Also there's the fact that this is a terrible move regardless, which means no matter what alignment he is rels is being stupid, therefore stupidity has no bearing on rels alignment as jat seems to think. There is no reason to attack jat here as all rels has to do if hes scum is look townie. Antagonising townie numero uno may do that indirectly, but it also aggros him thereby making the whole move derp. Only real reason to do it is if rels actually think jats scum based off feel and is using shit reasoning to justify that feel read / : thereby pissing off jat and robbing him of his objectivity. Which sorta makes rels town.

The point I am trying to make here is that I think Jat is a fantastic player, but here he is being a fucking idiot.

I can find shit like this on everyone here and i’m sure they could come up with a million reasons why I’m wrong about them being wrong and we can go back and forth like that forever.

Look, I don't want us to stop finding flaws in one another's arguments, thats mafia, what I want is for us to stop rewarding ourselves for finding those flaws with the instant dismissal of the cases to which those flaws belong. All so that we can get back to proving why were right and everyone else is wrong.

So when I post what may be my last big wall of text ,which is going to be as logical and streamlined and clear as I can possibly make it ,and you find all the potential outs for each and every point, dont just walk away satisfied, ask yourself how effective those outs actually are, how likely is it that they are the rule and not the exception? Das all I ask yo / :

Can you tell me what's the point of this post? Because I don't see it. You want me to townread rels or what?


I feel like your very good at finding flaws in theories but bad at evaluating their likely hood.

What I am going to be saying at e.o.n has alternative explanations, but those explanations are highly unlikely, what I am worried about is this- I post a huge wall of change and people ethier ignore it or find a possible alternative explanations to it's key points that are huge stretches but serve as more than enough for them to just move on / :

The point of this post is to ask people to read my eon posts objectively. Fully prepared to discard many of thier reads if they cant honestly consider the alternatives, to the facts I will base my case around, to be likely.

To this end I am using you as a sacrificial goat to demonstrate that even the best players can be wrong : P which is exactly how I am viewing this town atm. but no I am not asking you to town read rels, I am simply showing that your reasoning for scum reading him earlier was bad and fueled by emotion/outrage.

gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
April 20 2016 15:52 GMT
#1580
On April 21 2016 00:47 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 00:46 rsoultin wrote:
On April 21 2016 00:43 Rels wrote:
lol rsoul I forgot you were writting everything in spanish early on. Apparently it was too hard to keep up ^^


>> lol god it takes me like 4x as long to do it that way >> i prob should have given how much i spammed this game but...okay you want the honest truth? part of why i dropped it (apart from frustration at palmar lol ><) was it was so damn slow that me capping my spamming wasn't really helpful lol >< part was laziness \o/

Lucky you. I might have policy lynched you for it.


-shrugs- doubt it lol no one would have followed that policy lynch unless they had reasons of their own ^^

@gum
you know, you could have just tldr'd it to say: i'm frustrated that y'all are dismissing my reads

please don't confuse not agreeing with your reasons as dismissing your reads. i will admit that when i see a case built mostly around narrative (and yes, yours fall in that category) i'm predisposed to kinda just skim them. but that doesn't mean that i don't go

gum thinks obi and sl are scum. i don't agree with his reasons, but i'm pretty sure gum is town so maybe he's seeing something i'm not? and then go back and look at obi and sl again and come to my own conclusion

i'm sorry if that's not as satisfying as going WOW great case SHEEPLE NOW! but i mean, if i don't find your arguments compelling i simply don't :/ people often don't find mine compelling so at least we're in good company lol
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 178 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1426
WardiTV670
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko455
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7035
Bisu 2278
Jaedong 965
EffOrt 513
Horang2 488
actioN 345
Mini 240
ZerO 199
Larva 145
ggaemo 130
[ Show more ]
Pusan 123
Mind 111
Barracks 87
Shinee 69
Bale 66
Hyun 61
Sea.KH 61
Sharp 60
Snow 60
Yoon 56
Killer 39
Dewaltoss 36
ToSsGirL 34
hero 32
NotJumperer 30
Sacsri 24
scan(afreeca) 20
sorry 20
zelot 16
Noble 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc2698
qojqva1149
Dendi1044
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1132
markeloff162
Other Games
hiko493
B2W.Neo448
crisheroes321
DeMusliM231
Pyrionflax188
Livibee119
dupreeh99
QueenE77
Mew2King57
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV989
League of Legends
• Jankos1918
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 11m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.