• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:27
CEST 23:27
KST 06:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13973 users

[M][T] The New Personality Mafia - Page 191

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 189 190 191 192 193 220 Next
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
August 31 2015 20:32 GMT
#3801
On September 01 2015 05:22 Damdred wrote:
Anyway I just want to hear why tt claims he doesn't have an active ability but visited people last night.

And who he visited and why


?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
August 31 2015 20:38 GMT
#3802
Yes ritoky?
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
August 31 2015 20:40 GMT
#3803
Where did that info come from, did I miss it?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
August 31 2015 20:41 GMT
#3804
Giw about we let him answer or just vote him
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
August 31 2015 20:43 GMT
#3805
I know I know it's a tantelizing bit of information and I wish he was here.
JudgeJudy
Profile Joined August 2015
188 Posts
August 31 2015 21:01 GMT
#3806
On September 01 2015 05:32 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2015 05:22 Damdred wrote:
Anyway I just want to hear why tt claims he doesn't have an active ability but visited people last night.

And who he visited and why


?


[image loading]

On September 01 2015 05:19 ritoky wrote:
@JJ you believe all of this?

Show nested quote +
On August 31 2015 12:35 ritoky wrote:
Just so everyone is clear, this is what you have to believe to not see me as confirmed, but as mafia:

1) Mafia elected to frame 1 of their own players (me) on night 2 which just so happened to be the night that a confirmed cop checked me.

2) This is a game is a game in which 1 kp is delivered by 1 player and no more.

3) The mafia chose on night 1....NIGHT 1 to NOT use their unseeable player to carry KP. Specifically to the most widely town read person in the game.

4) I would use factional KP on an afk/uninterested player in yamato AND claim it; rather than using it on a vocal player who is against me.

If you believe all of that, then you can call me not confirmed town. That is literally the world you have to live in.


If so, I don't really know what to say to you. You're living in the world of 1% rather than the world of 99%. The entire premise of what you're saying is that the game mechanically doesn't function the way in which most mafia games function and that a green check was framed on the night he happened to be investigated. If that is where you want your head to be I can't help you this game or you're not town. The confluence of events you're believing is so tinfoil.


The "99%" is a number made up on the spot. Even if tube decided to frame someone at random, excluding himself and his shot, it's going to come out much higher that that.

I've already explained where I think the pool of framer targets was by eliminating certain players and that the odds that you were selected is somewhere between 25%-50%. I admit that this means that the check is legit more often than not, but that is not the only factor my read is based on. The behavioral stuff suggests that you were mafia and relying on a blue role to determine your alignment was town didn't outweigh the other points. There is essentially a coin flip that says you were framed on night two and a coin flip that says you killed HTS on night one. They cancel themselves out in my mind so I'm sticking with the behavioral stuff. I don't doubt that tube carried out an untrackable kill on night one, but there were two kills. I'm saying there is a 50% chance he killed HTS and a 50% chance he killed wave. Like I said, I'm eliminating the blue stuff completely. On day one you pushed fidei all cycle long as part of your role, even though you didn't need to. On day two, you pushed FF via RNG admitted that rayn was probably mafia, yet your vote remained on FF and you didn't bring him up again. You say your upgrade worked in a way that you had to vote these players, but everyone else has a role that works differently and even if that role is real, there is no way that giving up your vote for the first two days is worth it.

I'm obviously not going to be able to convince you that you're mafia. Either you aren't or you will deny it to the end. I'm mostly hoping to hear from others. Obi says he likes the case, but hasn't shared what he likes or dislikes. TT agrees as well but hasn't posted much this cycle. I have no idea where Fidei is at. The cycle is half over so we really need to hear from everyone at this point. :/
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
August 31 2015 21:12 GMT
#3807
On September 01 2015 06:01 JudgeJudy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2015 05:32 ritoky wrote:
On September 01 2015 05:22 Damdred wrote:
Anyway I just want to hear why tt claims he doesn't have an active ability but visited people last night.

And who he visited and why


?


[image loading]

Show nested quote +
On September 01 2015 05:19 ritoky wrote:
@JJ you believe all of this?

On August 31 2015 12:35 ritoky wrote:
Just so everyone is clear, this is what you have to believe to not see me as confirmed, but as mafia:

1) Mafia elected to frame 1 of their own players (me) on night 2 which just so happened to be the night that a confirmed cop checked me.

2) This is a game is a game in which 1 kp is delivered by 1 player and no more.

3) The mafia chose on night 1....NIGHT 1 to NOT use their unseeable player to carry KP. Specifically to the most widely town read person in the game.

4) I would use factional KP on an afk/uninterested player in yamato AND claim it; rather than using it on a vocal player who is against me.

If you believe all of that, then you can call me not confirmed town. That is literally the world you have to live in.


If so, I don't really know what to say to you. You're living in the world of 1% rather than the world of 99%. The entire premise of what you're saying is that the game mechanically doesn't function the way in which most mafia games function and that a green check was framed on the night he happened to be investigated. If that is where you want your head to be I can't help you this game or you're not town. The confluence of events you're believing is so tinfoil.


The "99%" is a number made up on the spot. Even if tube decided to frame someone at random, excluding himself and his shot, it's going to come out much higher that that.

I've already explained where I think the pool of framer targets was by eliminating certain players and that the odds that you were selected is somewhere between 25%-50%. I admit that this means that the check is legit more often than not, but that is not the only factor my read is based on. The behavioral stuff suggests that you were mafia and relying on a blue role to determine your alignment was town didn't outweigh the other points. There is essentially a coin flip that says you were framed on night two and a coin flip that says you killed HTS on night one. They cancel themselves out in my mind so I'm sticking with the behavioral stuff. I don't doubt that tube carried out an untrackable kill on night one, but there were two kills. I'm saying there is a 50% chance he killed HTS and a 50% chance he killed wave. Like I said, I'm eliminating the blue stuff completely. On day one you pushed fidei all cycle long as part of your role, even though you didn't need to. On day two, you pushed FF via RNG admitted that rayn was probably mafia, yet your vote remained on FF and you didn't bring him up again. You say your upgrade worked in a way that you had to vote these players, but everyone else has a role that works differently and even if that role is real, there is no way that giving up your vote for the first two days is worth it.

I'm obviously not going to be able to convince you that you're mafia. Either you aren't or you will deny it to the end. I'm mostly hoping to hear from others. Obi says he likes the case, but hasn't shared what he likes or dislikes. TT agrees as well but hasn't posted much this cycle. I have no idea where Fidei is at. The cycle is half over so we really need to hear from everyone at this point. :/


To me this is your read:
1) ritoky didn't do town shit the first two days -> I agree, I was roleplaying and rng voting for an upgrade and pretty much ignoring most of what was going on.

2) mechanics that don't make sense -> most games i have played and a past onegu game have allowed multiple kp to be delivered by a solitary player so you're believing this game is different from others.

3) how to get around a green check -> there were what? 17 people alive when I was investigated? So based on pure rng it was a 5.8% chance I was checked, let's assume it wasn't so random and double it. you're looking @ 11.6%. on top of that you're also assuming the mafia elected to use a frame defensively rather than offensively and on me which probably cuts that number in half again back to around 5.8%.

4) knowing upgrade -> yup, it's weird that i knew mine from minute 1. i can't explain it

5) since day 2 has ended ritoky has done nothing but be town in every way possible including being green checked, shooting a 3p lurker and outting to dunk a mafia, but give him 0 credit and only focus on first 2 days.

To me, that is a flimsy read. It relies entirely on speculative mechanics that historically don't hold up and really just seems to be trying to make an excuse to get around a green check.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
August 31 2015 21:25 GMT
#3808
@JJ I've been scum reading ritoky all game, I agree with everything you wrote and I 100% think we should lynch riotoky. I'm phone posting atm because I was away with friends all weekend.

Ritoky's response to you only further cements my read because he seems to misrepresent some of your key points (particularly viz the framing).
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
August 31 2015 21:32 GMT
#3809
@JJ who are your bombs on?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
August 31 2015 21:40 GMT
#3810
@JJ: I've got gym time soon so I'll comment on stuff later tonight.
I'm just fillering and checking in atm.
Retired.
JudgeJudy
Profile Joined August 2015
188 Posts
August 31 2015 21:46 GMT
#3811
[image loading]

On September 01 2015 06:12 ritoky wrote:
2) mechanics that don't make sense -> most games i have played and a past onegu game have allowed multiple kp to be delivered by a solitary player so you're believing this game is different from others.


But that's not true. I checked.

In Ippo, Holyflare was the godfather who happened to be untrackable, but three different players from the mafia team had to carry out the kp to three different individuals. Sure, HF could shoot a single player for "12KP", but that's only because Ippo had a HP based system that doesn't translate to this game.

What other onegu game are you referring to?

On September 01 2015 06:12 ritoky wrote:
5) since day 2 has ended ritoky has done nothing but be town in every way possible including being green checked, shooting a 3p lurker and outting to dunk a mafia, but give him 0 credit and only focus on first 2 days.


Well like I said, LT and chezinu had red checks on them. If you get credit for those lynches, then everyone does (except geript). I liked the yamato shot. I'll give you that. But again, I don't see it out of the question for a mafia player to shoot a non-mafia yamato.

On September 01 2015 06:32 ritoky wrote:
@JJ who are your bombs on?


Forgive me for not informing the player who I think is mafia the answer to that
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
August 31 2015 21:58 GMT
#3812
On September 01 2015 06:46 JudgeJudy wrote:
[image loading]

Show nested quote +
On September 01 2015 06:12 ritoky wrote:
2) mechanics that don't make sense -> most games i have played and a past onegu game have allowed multiple kp to be delivered by a solitary player so you're believing this game is different from others.


But that's not true. I checked.

In Ippo, Holyflare was the godfather who happened to be untrackable, but three different players from the mafia team had to carry out the kp to three different individuals. Sure, HF could shoot a single player for "12KP", but that's only because Ippo had a HP based system that doesn't translate to this game.

What other onegu game are you referring to?

Show nested quote +
On September 01 2015 06:12 ritoky wrote:
5) since day 2 has ended ritoky has done nothing but be town in every way possible including being green checked, shooting a 3p lurker and outting to dunk a mafia, but give him 0 credit and only focus on first 2 days.


Well like I said, LT and chezinu had red checks on them. If you get credit for those lynches, then everyone does (except geript). I liked the yamato shot. I'll give you that. But again, I don't see it out of the question for a mafia player to shoot a non-mafia yamato.

Show nested quote +
On September 01 2015 06:32 ritoky wrote:
@JJ who are your bombs on?


Forgive me for not informing the player who I think is mafia the answer to that


I also checked, in ippo HF delivered 2 kp on the final night and most nights of the game.

I am sitting here asking about your bombs because you have potential auto if you have a bomb on OWS and me. I have a PoE of you, OWS, and TT. Lynching you would kill 2 of the 3 people in my PoE and both of the ones in yours. If the game doesn't end then town lynches TT and wins.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
August 31 2015 21:59 GMT
#3813
Unless you consider HFs RNG punch in that game not to be KP when all other damage was considered KP.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
JudgeJudy
Profile Joined August 2015
188 Posts
August 31 2015 22:23 GMT
#3814
On September 01 2015 06:58 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2015 06:46 JudgeJudy wrote:
[image loading]

On September 01 2015 06:12 ritoky wrote:
2) mechanics that don't make sense -> most games i have played and a past onegu game have allowed multiple kp to be delivered by a solitary player so you're believing this game is different from others.


But that's not true. I checked.

In Ippo, Holyflare was the godfather who happened to be untrackable, but three different players from the mafia team had to carry out the kp to three different individuals. Sure, HF could shoot a single player for "12KP", but that's only because Ippo had a HP based system that doesn't translate to this game.

What other onegu game are you referring to?

On September 01 2015 06:12 ritoky wrote:
5) since day 2 has ended ritoky has done nothing but be town in every way possible including being green checked, shooting a 3p lurker and outting to dunk a mafia, but give him 0 credit and only focus on first 2 days.


Well like I said, LT and chezinu had red checks on them. If you get credit for those lynches, then everyone does (except geript). I liked the yamato shot. I'll give you that. But again, I don't see it out of the question for a mafia player to shoot a non-mafia yamato.

On September 01 2015 06:32 ritoky wrote:
@JJ who are your bombs on?


Forgive me for not informing the player who I think is mafia the answer to that


I also checked, in ippo HF delivered 2 kp on the final night and most nights of the game.

I am sitting here asking about your bombs because you have potential auto if you have a bomb on OWS and me. I have a PoE of you, OWS, and TT. Lynching you would kill 2 of the 3 people in my PoE and both of the ones in yours. If the game doesn't end then town lynches TT and wins.


Well HF was a vig so that's a separate role. I'm referring to mafia kp. HF wouldn't have been allowed to shoot player A with 6 mafia kp and player B with 6 mafia kp.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
August 31 2015 22:27 GMT
#3815
The mafia kp in ippo was dividable but all of them could be carried by one person if desired
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
August 31 2015 22:38 GMT
#3816
voila
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
JudgeJudy
Profile Joined August 2015
188 Posts
August 31 2015 22:56 GMT
#3817
[image loading]

On September 01 2015 07:27 Damdred wrote:
The mafia kp in ippo was dividable but all of them could be carried by one person if desired


Yes, one person could carry all 30 to a single target based on the description in the mafia qt, but could HF have carried 12 to one player , 12 to a second player, and 6 to a third player? Based on the description, it doesn't seem like it, unless you found something that I'm missing.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
August 31 2015 23:10 GMT
#3818
I talked to oneg in detail because I kept rb mafia. They could spread out the kp however that one person saw fit sadly it was quite annoying
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
August 31 2015 23:23 GMT
#3819
On September 01 2015 00:08 Damdred wrote:
Tt tell me when you are here I have an important question for you


What up?

This?
On September 01 2015 05:22 Damdred wrote:
Anyway I just want to hear why tt claims he doesn't have an active ability but visited people last night.

And who he visited and why


I didn't who says I did?
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
August 31 2015 23:30 GMT
#3820
Also @JJ

I'm wondering why you think geript is more likely town than rit.

I mean I get your case on rit, but there seems to be a lot more solid reasons to think Rit is possibly town than geript who basically just has the greencheck.
I can take that responsibility.
Prev 1 189 190 191 192 193 220 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O140
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15940
Calm 1944
Shuttle 304
White-Ra 214
Mini 171
ZZZero.O 140
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm13
League of Legends
Doublelift2370
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4939
Other Games
summit1g7648
FrodaN2547
Liquid`RaSZi2110
fl0m1218
crisheroes291
C9.Mang0212
Pyrionflax195
Livibee191
ToD191
IndyStarCraft 174
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1004
BasetradeTV203
StarCraft 2
angryscii 32
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 39
• Adnapsc2 24
• Hupsaiya 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki43
• blackmanpl 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1525
• Shiphtur667
• WagamamaTV313
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 33m
Replay Cast
1h 33m
OSC
14h 33m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.