• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:27
CEST 23:27
KST 06:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13973 users

[M][T] The New Personality Mafia - Page 192

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 190 191 192 193 194 220 Next
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
August 31 2015 23:32 GMT
#3821
Then tell me what your power does please...
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
August 31 2015 23:33 GMT
#3822
Overall I don't think lynching into the Rayn wagon is a good idea, so to me the only real lynch candidates today are:

Obi
Rit
Geript

I'm not sure which of those I most prefer to lynch, there are towny and scummy points about them all.
I can take that responsibility.
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
August 31 2015 23:34 GMT
#3823
btw @geript after seeing that obi's power did what he said it would, thoughts on his alignment now?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
August 31 2015 23:37 GMT
#3824
I've said all I care to about my role tbh.

There is no reason why I would have been visiting someone, and I don't see my role coming with an unaware wanderer or anything.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
August 31 2015 23:47 GMT
#3825
Actually Damdred I'd like to know your opinions of Geript and Rit disregarding the greenchecks.

You earlier mentioned that you were getting scummy vibes from Rit, but the check and him shooting yam both caused you to pause and reconsider. I'm just wondering if you'd be so sure about him being town without those points.

Same thing for geript
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
August 31 2015 23:50 GMT
#3826
On September 01 2015 08:33 Tictock wrote:
Overall I don't think lynching into the Rayn wagon is a good idea, so to me the only real lynch candidates today are:

Obi
Rit
Geript

I'm not sure which of those I most prefer to lynch, there are towny and scummy points about them all.


I'm prob just being silly here even considering Rit an geript. Obi is the obvious choice out of the 3, but somehow that feels too easy.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
September 01 2015 00:01 GMT
#3827
On August 31 2015 22:41 JudgeJudy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2015 13:42 geript wrote:
Either way, if I lose my power, it's kinda moot. I guess there's a theoretical possibility that someone visited OWS before but idk who that'd be. His role does sound kinda mafia oriented considering the setup but eh. I still want JJ and TT to full claim if they haven't already. I don't really remember what if anything they've claimed.


[image loading]

I'm a Mad Hatter. Not sure if TT has revealed more than that pic about his role. Really disappointed that I don't have something that I could put to better use, but it is what it is. Claiming whether I still have my bomb or where it currently may be doesn't have much benefit, so I'll leave it at that.

Now on to the ritoky stuff...[/QUOTE]

Why would you claim this?

Like it was pretty unlikely that you were going to be lynched, and now it's pretty unlikely that your going to be NK'd. Seems like claiming nullifies any potential benefit of your role whole also providing a good excuse to survive.

Maybe I'm just not familiar with how MH's work. Is it possible to lose your bomb if your current target dies?
I can take that responsibility.
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
September 01 2015 00:03 GMT
#3828
@TT if geript is mafia, then there are two mafia alive since I roleblocked him last night and kp still occurred (also fid claimed rb so my rb wasn't magically rb'd). In the very unlikely scenario where geript is mafia, who's his most likely partner?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 01 2015 00:05 GMT
#3829
Jj is probably mafia honestly I tried to pull a funny on tt but he handled it pretty seemledsly plus meta wise he doesn't hard bus ij his only mafia game meh
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
September 01 2015 00:08 GMT
#3830
On September 01 2015 09:01 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2015 22:41 JudgeJudy wrote:
On August 31 2015 13:42 geript wrote:
Either way, if I lose my power, it's kinda moot. I guess there's a theoretical possibility that someone visited OWS before but idk who that'd be. His role does sound kinda mafia oriented considering the setup but eh. I still want JJ and TT to full claim if they haven't already. I don't really remember what if anything they've claimed.


[image loading]

I'm a Mad Hatter. Not sure if TT has revealed more than that pic about his role. Really disappointed that I don't have something that I could put to better use, but it is what it is. Claiming whether I still have my bomb or where it currently may be doesn't have much benefit, so I'll leave it at that.

Now on to the ritoky stuff...


Why would you claim this?

Like it was pretty unlikely that you were going to be lynched, and now it's pretty unlikely that your going to be NK'd. Seems like claiming nullifies any potential benefit of your role whole also providing a good excuse to survive.

Maybe I'm just not familiar with how MH's work. Is it possible to lose your bomb if your current target dies?[/QUOTE]

If he's town, then it's w/e it's just his role although he is being dumb not claiming his bombs imo.

If he's mafia it's a lynch deterrent claim or "don't lynch me bro" claim.

And there's 2 versions of MH I am aware of. 1 gets a fixed # of bombs to start the game and distributes them 1 per night. If MH dies all explode, if person w/ bomb on them dies bomb is lost. The other version is MH has 1 bomb, they move it around every night and it doesn't disappear if target is lynched or NK'd.

He hasn't attempted to clarify anything thus far and neither have you, when literally everyone else has claimed every aspect of their role. Which kind makes me wanna lynch into the two of you more.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
September 01 2015 00:09 GMT
#3831
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2015 09:08 ritoky wrote:
On September 01 2015 09:01 Tictock wrote:
On August 31 2015 22:41 JudgeJudy wrote:
On August 31 2015 13:42 geript wrote:
Either way, if I lose my power, it's kinda moot. I guess there's a theoretical possibility that someone visited OWS before but idk who that'd be. His role does sound kinda mafia oriented considering the setup but eh. I still want JJ and TT to full claim if they haven't already. I don't really remember what if anything they've claimed.


[image loading]

I'm a Mad Hatter. Not sure if TT has revealed more than that pic about his role. Really disappointed that I don't have something that I could put to better use, but it is what it is. Claiming whether I still have my bomb or where it currently may be doesn't have much benefit, so I'll leave it at that.

Now on to the ritoky stuff...


Why would you claim this?

Like it was pretty unlikely that you were going to be lynched, and now it's pretty unlikely that your going to be NK'd. Seems like claiming nullifies any potential benefit of your role whole also providing a good excuse to survive.

Maybe I'm just not familiar with how MH's work. Is it possible to lose your bomb if your current target dies?


If he's town, then it's w/e it's just his role although he is being dumb not claiming his bombs imo.

If he's mafia it's a lynch deterrent claim or "don't lynch me bro" claim.

And there's 2 versions of MH I am aware of. 1 gets a fixed # of bombs to start the game and distributes them 1 per night. If MH dies all explode, if person w/ bomb on them dies bomb is lost. The other version is MH has 1 bomb, they move it around every night and it doesn't disappear if target is lynched or NK'd.

He hasn't attempted to clarify anything thus far and neither have you, when literally everyone else has claimed every aspect of their role. Which kind makes me wanna lynch into the two of you more.


fixed the formatting.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
September 01 2015 00:18 GMT
#3832
On September 01 2015 09:03 ritoky wrote:
@TT if geript is mafia, then there are two mafia alive since I roleblocked him last night and kp still occurred (also fid claimed rb so my rb wasn't magically rb'd). In the very unlikely scenario where geript is mafia, who's his most likely partner?


Honestly every time I try and imagine a world with 2 mafia left JJ keeps coming to mind as part of the team.

For some reason I have a hard time seeing you & Obi or Geript and Obi as a team, but it's possible.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
September 01 2015 01:21 GMT
#3833
Ok, I'm gunna be busy the rest of tonight, but I'll be around for all of EoD tomorrow.

So after relooking at geript I'm willing to consider him pretty nearly confirmed town. His mason with Wave would make sense for how he survived KSC's Vig shot N1 and I'm not sure his ability makes much sense for a mafia role. Plus the grencheck and his early game anger at all the roleplay seemed legit.

Rit is a tough one. The RB on HtS seems like an off choice, however after some checking his point about mafia sending Tube to do the NK's is legit. His role stuff is the main thing that bugs me. Knowing that he needed to RNG vote to upgrade seems off, and it does look like a good cover. It's also interesting that Rels who had gotten the greencheck on rit was so willing to push Rit's lynch last night.

JJ is an interesting person to consider lynching. Looking back at the way D2 ended it seems even more off to me the way JJ switched onto rayn. The fact that he had no thread presence at all that EoD yet jumped on rayn when he was pretty much for sure getting lynched (nobody could know Rels would swap to Yam) yet had time to find that gif actually looks really bad to me now that I've thought about it more in depth. Other than hand though JJ has been pretty towny.

Maybe I'll get more reading done in the morning, but that's kinda where my head is at after reviewing some stuff.
I can take that responsibility.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 01 2015 01:52 GMT
#3834
For me, the lynch is 100% between JJ and TT. I've been a bit under the weather today, but I figured out what specifically bugged me about TT. Filter wise, it's 6 pages vs 10 pages respectively. From that aspect, JJ is a much better lynch statistically.

On August 31 2015 16:51 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2015 16:02 geript wrote:
Deal with it. Ritoky and I are basically confirmed. Which I hate because it means I'm likely to be alive when we win or lose; regardless of win or lose, this game is going to look terrible on my track record.


Eh, I think at least one of you is confirmed.

It is true that you both have green checks from confirmed cops, however there is that slim chance of framer action.

Interestingly though, both of you were checked N2, so at least one of those checks is pure (no chance of meddling).

Here he looks at the greenchecks from a mechanical standpoint. Basically, to believe we're both mafia, you have to assume that there are 2 GF roles and the other of us got framed. Double GF + Framer is a really odd setup. Considering we've had double watcher (which is less useful in an all blue setup), cop and stronger parity cop (in effect). There's also the possibility that KP is factional (not delivered) and watchers can't "find" mafia; it'd be a little odd but it makes a bit of sense. But the thing that bugs me about his recognizing that at least one of our checks are pure is one simple step. If Ritoky is town, then odds of him lying about RB on me last night is 0% (or close); which means that (unless KP is factional which no one seems to be assuming) I can't be mafia if ritoky is town.

So he's headed to this odd thought process of trying to figure out which of Ritoky and I are mafia, when there's a really obvious answer. Either we both are mafia OR ritoky is mafia OR we both are town.

I'm also a bit bugged by when I looked at his last 3 pages of filter, there's surprisingly little said in it in general. Of course, similar can be said about JJ who's only now decided to come back to do something. For right now, I'd like to trust my early game reads more and think JJ is town.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
September 01 2015 03:04 GMT
#3835
On September 01 2015 09:05 Damdred wrote:
Jj is probably mafia honestly I tried to pull a funny on tt but he handled it pretty seemledsly plus meta wise he doesn't hard bus ij his only mafia game meh


So why JJ then?
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
September 01 2015 03:05 GMT
#3836
Forgive me if I missed it but I'm phone atm.
Retired.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 01 2015 03:22 GMT
#3837
Its just poe and claiming his role like that feels like making reasons to be alive after so long etc.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 01 2015 03:26 GMT
#3838
Though I can't say I'm not tempted to lynch the claimed rb when his rb can't be proven on geript anymore
JudgeJudy
Profile Joined August 2015
188 Posts
September 01 2015 03:46 GMT
#3839
[image loading]

On September 01 2015 08:30 Tictock wrote:
Also @JJ

I'm wondering why you think geript is more likely town than rit.

I mean I get your case on rit, but there seems to be a lot more solid reasons to think Rit is possibly town than geript who basically just has the greencheck.


geript has some pretty strong opinions throughout the game which I have liked. I found his chez comments sheep worthy on day one and even though mafia probably wouldn't have known chezinu was the traitor, the logic was sound which shows he was scum hunting. Plus, ritoky has a claimed roleblock on him last night. That means that either ritoky is lying and is scum buddies with geript, which seems unlikely or there is a second mafia alive that is carrying out kp so it wouldn't make sense to lynch geript anyways.

You haven't exactly commented on my case aside from stating that it is good. What do you like about it, what don't you like? It's really frustrating to put in 4 hours of my time on that only to have fidei say "I agree" and disappear, you to say "I agree", but lets lynch obi, and for obi to agree any never really say anything. :/

Back to obi, you said you weren't sure about lynching him because it wouldn't give us any information. Why is information relevant at the point in the game where it likely ends if he flips mafia?

On September 01 2015 10:21 Tictock wrote:
JJ is an interesting person to consider lynching. Looking back at the way D2 ended it seems even more off to me the way JJ switched onto rayn. The fact that he had no thread presence at all that EoD yet jumped on rayn when he was pretty much for sure getting lynched (nobody could know Rels would swap to Yam) yet had time to find that gif actually looks really bad to me now that I've thought about it more in depth. Other than hand though JJ has been pretty towny.


My lack of thread presence at the deadline wasn't by choice I assure you. Unfortunately I'm at work at that time and to be honest, I'm lucky that I managed to sneak out of a meeting in time to even make it. Look at that on the flip side. I didn't need to show up at that point. I wasn't in the thread so as mafia I could have simply just never moved my vote and nobody would have been the wiser that I was actually around. As for the gif, that takes about 15 seconds. Just type "finger cross gif" in google and bam you've got one

You say that rayn was pretty much for sure getting lynched, but remember the vote was 5-5 before the Rels unvote. With the rate that votes were coming in it was incredibly unclear who would have had the tiebreaker at that point. Tube showed up out of nowhere to try to hammer rels. Out of the five votes on Rels, four were from mafia. They were going all in to save rayn the pgo. My vote ensured that there was no tiebreaker because I hammered rayn. In what world does four mafia all vote one way, only to have the fifth mafia show up and ruin all their plans, not only killing off the pgo, but making the remaining players look absolutely terrible. While I couldn't have predicted Rels would swap to Yam, I could have reacted to it by following him. The vote was cast at the start of :59 so I had most of that minute to decide. I saw the yamato anti-nuke and the self vote, I did a quick count and realized my vote back to yam would lynch Rels who I thought was town so I stayed.

It's kind of silly that you say I've been pretty towny and then pick out the towniest thing I've done all game as the one detractor.

On September 01 2015 09:01 Tictock wrote:
Why would you claim this?

Like it was pretty unlikely that you were going to be lynched, and now it's pretty unlikely that your going to be NK'd. Seems like claiming nullifies any potential benefit of your role whole also providing a good excuse to survive.

Maybe I'm just not familiar with how MH's work. Is it possible to lose your bomb if your current target dies?


It seems like we're at the point where everyone should roleclaim. I didn't reveal my bomb location so mafia is still in the dark with that respect. Yes, I lose my bomb if my target is lynched. I get it returned if they are shot.

I don't exactly need an excuse to survive when the game is likely over today or the next day or two loll. We have a claimed watcher, a claimed roleblocker with a green check, and another claimed green check. XD

On August 31 2015 10:33 ritoky wrote:
eh i looked at TT in the voting thread and i should probably read his filter. votes all over the place on d2, swaying more than pretty much any1 else. votes later on LT. doesn't outright vote chez, votes me with enthusiasm, immediately accepts rels claim of green check and goes to chez, now doesn't like the green check.

ugh i guess i really need to buckle down and read all 3 of these filters and solve this game....


Anyone notice how this guy is totally not solving the game this cycle? :/
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 01 2015 03:58 GMT
#3840
Yeah jj is right there's no reason he shouldn't survive till lylo with all the green checks around...

So the claim is kinda bullish, though obis ability has been proven to an extent unless its geript+obi which would be weird oh well.

So I guess lynch is between jj rit, tt.

I think there are some points about all of them that scratch my head
Prev 1 190 191 192 193 194 220 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O140
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15940
Calm 1944
Shuttle 304
White-Ra 214
Mini 171
ZZZero.O 140
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm13
League of Legends
Doublelift2370
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4939
Other Games
summit1g7648
FrodaN2547
Liquid`RaSZi2110
fl0m1218
crisheroes291
C9.Mang0212
Pyrionflax195
Livibee191
ToD191
IndyStarCraft 174
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1004
BasetradeTV203
StarCraft 2
angryscii 32
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 39
• Adnapsc2 24
• Hupsaiya 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki43
• blackmanpl 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1525
• Shiphtur667
• WagamamaTV313
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 33m
Replay Cast
1h 33m
OSC
14h 33m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.