• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:54
CEST 22:54
KST 05:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6945 users

TL Mafia LXX: Guardians of the Galaxy - Page 16

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 25 Next All
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 04:26 GMT
#6488
On March 25 2015 13:23 Eden1892 wrote:
already answered, ok.

So why do you believe all that? Your entire basis for your ritoky AND Onegu reads is the idea that mafia rb'd and shot Vivax. What is the basis for that idea?
I do agree that I don't think reading super heavily into the Night 1 kills is a great idea. There are too many uncertainties, question marks, and unknowns.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 04:29 GMT
#6491
On March 25 2015 13:25 Superbia wrote:
The basis is Artanis' flip on Vivax on EoN1 from scum to town. Which is completely unjustified. I believe this is mafia setting up for a night town flip.
See, I don't think it's completely unjustified. Vivax's play was a bit lackluster leading up to his claim, but after the Bill Murray lynch, Vivax looked extremely townie.

Maybe part of it is I sheeped Artanis throughout his thinking here. And if he's scum, I look really, really stupid.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 04:31 GMT
#6493
On March 25 2015 13:24 Trfel wrote:
Do note that I think Artanis always uses fluid reads. And he's perfectly happy to base his strongest reads off of a single event (such as switching Toadesstern from scum to guaranteed town based on counterclaiming vigilante). I can see this from town!Artanis[Xp].
Superbia, thoughts on this? If you don't believe it, I think can support it easily.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 04:32 GMT
#6496
On March 25 2015 13:29 Eden1892 wrote:
I'm not sure yet that he's a better lynch than other people in my pile.

Although Superbia is doing a good job of getting himself off the list...
Eden, now that ritoky and Onegu have claimed VT...

What do you think about the game's power role balance?

2 vigilantes
1 jailkeeper
1 cop

Is that fair for a 15 town vs 5 scum game?

Thanks!
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 04:35 GMT
#6497
On March 25 2015 13:32 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2015 13:29 Trfel wrote:
On March 25 2015 13:25 Superbia wrote:
The basis is Artanis' flip on Vivax on EoN1 from scum to town. Which is completely unjustified. I believe this is mafia setting up for a night town flip.
See, I don't think it's completely unjustified. Vivax's play was a bit lackluster leading up to his claim, but after the Bill Murray lynch, Vivax looked extremely townie.

Maybe part of it is I sheeped Artanis throughout his thinking here. And if he's scum, I look really, really stupid.


He was confident enough in his scum read on Vivax to vote a possible town PR. How the hell does this change before Vivax's night actions go through. Like he's literally calling him town before flips, and then when Vivax claims being roleblocked, he hard reads him town based on filter-length. ????
I'll let Artanis answer for himself.

I've got to stop defending people for no reason. Sorry everyone.

Anyway, does anyone know off the top of their head what Holyflare's reads were by the time he died? Like, was mafia killing him because he's Holyflare, or did they want to shut him up desperately enough to hit Onegu and completely silence him?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 04:38 GMT
#6501
On March 25 2015 13:37 sicklucker wrote:
Yo catching up interesting things have happened anyone here
I'm here.

Are you standing by that orb claim?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 04:38 GMT
#6503
On March 25 2015 13:38 sicklucker wrote:
Did either vegies claim a shot on palmer?
Nope, and both have posted since then.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 04:40 GMT
#6505
Why did you ask if one of the vigilantes claimed the shot?

If you shot him, you shot him.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 04:42 GMT
#6509
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/480042-tl-mafia-lxx-guardians-of-the-galaxy?page=313#6241

Use the OP. Half the Sky is really good about keeping it updated. (Thanks Half the Sky, best host ^^)
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 04:49 GMT
#6512
Eden, am I right to trust you in this game?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 04:56 GMT
#6513
I just feel really terrible that I don't have a great grasp of what is happening this game. And that means I'm not playing at my highest level. And so I can't trust myself, I end up relying on others.

And the more the game goes on, the more I feel wholly responsible if we end up losing.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 05:05 GMT
#6518
I don't see why Onegu is town yet. The following assumes Onegu is mafia:

Choosing to fake mason with Holyflare makes sense. He gets basic towncredit, and it gives him room to rescind his mason claim later. This didn't affect mafia's night kill, if anything this would have affected Onegu's initial decision. It's not like Holyflare was going to let Onegu slide on a mason claim if it became detrimental to town anyway.

Basically, Onegu gets a little towncredit and gives him room to pull out of mason claims later in the game.

And I'm still worried about ritoky. I think his scumplay was extremely solid in Down Under 2. I don't see him doing anything so far that he couldn't do as scum. The only reason to townread him was Palmar being suspicious of raynpelikoneet, but apparently a lot of people were suspicious of him, so some pressure doesn't seem that unlikely. That said, I didn't read this part of the game.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 05:20 GMT
#6521
Why is Alakaslam scum, again?

I still don't see it.

I actually have a toneread on him, and a meta read. I know, my tonereads are terrible.

The main problem is, since his push on Holyflare, he hasn't done very much. But he blames activity. Does inactivity ever keep town!Alakaslam from truly playing? I've never played with town!Alakaslam.

But I really feel he is town here, even if it's hard to explain.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 05:29 GMT
#6525
On March 25 2015 14:26 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2015 12:57 Onegu wrote:
On March 25 2015 12:53 Trfel wrote:
But if Onegu is town, he knows that rsoultin just saved him. That or one of the vigilantes is lying.

If Onegu wasn't scumreading both of the vigilantes, this seems rather disconnected and suspicious.



I was scum on both, a bit less on artanis because of the RB claim, but I was screaming toad was scum, what's your point here?



Answer plz
I don't really know my facts this game.

I'm saying, if this is what the facts are, here is a conclusion. You have claimed the opposite, thus my conclusion is invalid. I'm assuming someone will correct you if you are wrong here.

That's all. Thanks for answering, though.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 05:30 GMT
#6528
On March 25 2015 14:26 sicklucker wrote:
So mafia choose me orbing them over a check thats good info right there. And it might suggest supers town tbh because lets be real we all thought I was orbing him...
Over a check? What do you mean?

Mafia probably roleblocked rsoultin to prevent the save from working. This means that they really wanted the cop, ExO_ dead, not that they weren't worried about your orb.

Plus, it's fair to assume that you tricked mafia and they didn't think you actually had the orb.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 05:34 GMT
#6530
On March 25 2015 14:29 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2015 14:05 Trfel wrote:
I don't see why Onegu is town yet. The following assumes Onegu is mafia:

Choosing to fake mason with Holyflare makes sense. He gets basic towncredit, and it gives him room to rescind his mason claim later. This didn't affect mafia's night kill, if anything this would have affected Onegu's initial decision. It's not like Holyflare was going to let Onegu slide on a mason claim if it became detrimental to town anyway.

Basically, Onegu gets a little towncredit and gives him room to pull out of mason claims later in the game.

And I'm still worried about ritoky. I think his scumplay was extremely solid in Down Under 2. I don't see him doing anything so far that he couldn't do as scum. The only reason to townread him was Palmar being suspicious of raynpelikoneet, but apparently a lot of people were suspicious of him, so some pressure doesn't seem that unlikely. That said, I didn't read this part of the game.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.



Why are you assuming I'm mafia?

What are talking about NK? I really don't uderstand what you are saying about the NK part.
That's how to play the game, look at how someone's plays make sense from a mafia perspective.... Ideally, the reasons that everyone's plays make sense from a town perspective are obvious.

What I'm saying is that if you are mafia, killing Holyflare really has no effect on your alignment being known. That's the point.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 05:35 GMT
#6534
On March 25 2015 14:34 Onegu wrote:
Did exo claim who he was checking during the 15 min?
No, but there was no real reason to. If he died, who cares who he was checking?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 05:37 GMT
#6536
Sicklucker, Onegu already rescinded his mason claim....
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 05:39 GMT
#6537
Sorry, can I get answers to these questions? Links to previous posts are fine. But I'd like fairly concise explanations.

Why is Alakaslam scum?

Why is Onegu town?

Why is ritoky town? (given how he crushed town as scum in Down Under 2)
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 25 2015 05:44 GMT
#6542
On March 25 2015 14:39 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2015 14:34 Trfel wrote:
On March 25 2015 14:29 Onegu wrote:
On March 25 2015 14:05 Trfel wrote:
I don't see why Onegu is town yet. The following assumes Onegu is mafia:

Choosing to fake mason with Holyflare makes sense. He gets basic towncredit, and it gives him room to rescind his mason claim later. This didn't affect mafia's night kill, if anything this would have affected Onegu's initial decision. It's not like Holyflare was going to let Onegu slide on a mason claim if it became detrimental to town anyway.

Basically, Onegu gets a little towncredit and gives him room to pull out of mason claims later in the game.

And I'm still worried about ritoky. I think his scumplay was extremely solid in Down Under 2. I don't see him doing anything so far that he couldn't do as scum. The only reason to townread him was Palmar being suspicious of raynpelikoneet, but apparently a lot of people were suspicious of him, so some pressure doesn't seem that unlikely. That said, I didn't read this part of the game.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.



Why are you assuming I'm mafia?

What are talking about NK? I really don't uderstand what you are saying about the NK part.
That's how to play the game, look at how someone's plays make sense from a mafia perspective.... Ideally, the reasons that everyone's plays make sense from a town perspective are obvious.

What I'm saying is that if you are mafia, killing Holyflare really has no effect on your alignment being known. That's the point.



here is the problem with that, why did HF claim to be my partner? I came to the conclusion as town that he was vet. If I was scum I would think the same thing and not shoot him.

The fact he was shot and a KP missing points more toward scum believing I am town and scum believed the mason claims and shot us both.
There was no reason for Holyflare not claiming mason partner with you. Before the game started, I actually considered plenty of ways to fake claim mason. Holyflare claiming mason with you had no downside, and had the benefit of being interesting and fun. I'm sure Holyflare had a lot of fun pretending to be mason with you. I don't see why Holyflare claiming mason makes him veteran. Though I suppose I can see mafia thinking this if they know Holyflare isn't actually a mason, but I would expect them to risk shooting him anyway.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O160
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 584
ZZZero.O 160
soO 57
Hyun 49
Dota 2
qojqva2443
League of Legends
Doublelift2013
Counter-Strike
fl0m4113
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4216
Liquid`Hasu652
Other Games
summit1g6724
FrodaN1415
KnowMe346
ToD296
Pyrionflax189
420jenkins187
Livibee186
QueenE105
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick791
StarCraft 2
angryscii 36
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 67
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 40
• FirePhoenix7
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1997
Other Games
• imaqtpie890
• Shiphtur582
• Scarra368
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 6m
Patches Events
18h 6m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 6m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 6m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.