• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:58
CEST 21:58
KST 04:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8241 users

Newbie Mini Mafia LXI - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 21:08 GMT
#472
On February 17 2015 06:00 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2015 05:57 rsoultin wrote:
What would be ideal, Trfel?

I know you like to be pretty sure of your scumreads, but in the absence of surety...

Also, not ignoring you, Hier. I disagree that her reads lack substance, but I've also been doing tonereads, so :/ Like, I think if someone seems easy and casual, that's usually a town tell, too.
It would be ideal if he admitted that he was scum so we could lynch him in peace. Sort of like Eden in Linux Mafia.

To be honest, that's the only lynch I haven't been apprehensive about, because he freaking claimed scum. It really is a problem of mine, I never see when a case is solid. Trying to work on it.


Lol, fair enough. That was pretty funny xP

Eh, that's why I like having you in a game with me, assuming we're the same alignment. I'm often too sure and you're often not sure enough.

Hier, realistically you're not going to get me lynched today. I'm sorry, but it really is rather hard for people to lynch me as any alignment, and especially to mislynch me. If you're town, your best recourse is to go scumhunting and find someone you can convince me of between now and EoD.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 21:13 GMT
#475
Speaking of, where did zlefin disappear to?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 21:19 GMT
#479
Concern with ElyAs is the timezone may be a factor? I don't know what time it is in France. His posts don't seem terrible to me, either :/ I already posted on him before, and he hasn't posted much since.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 22:10 GMT
#496
We need a wagon. Analyzing the larger picture, unless you have something really good, is probably better suited for the night phase.

Admittedly I've been lurking for the last hour or so, to see what happens when I've stepped back from the thread. Zle is not impressing me, either. If we want a vote switch (and I'm still not sure I do, frankly) I'm willing to switch to him.

Shining's not being here at all today also isn't sitting well with me.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 22:19 GMT
#500
On February 17 2015 07:16 zlefin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2015 07:10 rsoultin wrote:
We need a wagon. Analyzing the larger picture, unless you have something really good, is probably better suited for the night phase.

Admittedly I've been lurking for the last hour or so, to see what happens when I've stepped back from the thread. Zle is not impressing me, either. If we want a vote switch (and I'm still not sure I do, frankly) I'm willing to switch to him.

Shining's not being here at all today also isn't sitting well with me.

Sorry I couldn't impress you, but there really isn't anything else I can do.


Zlefin, I don't know, man. Asking who to vote for in thread is weird. It's a newbie game; you have someone to talk to if you're not sure how to play.

You just seem super reluctant about this Hier lynch. If you don't think it's right, then I don't understand what you're doing right now.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 22:23 GMT
#503
On February 17 2015 07:22 zlefin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2015 07:19 rsoultin wrote:
On February 17 2015 07:16 zlefin wrote:
On February 17 2015 07:10 rsoultin wrote:
We need a wagon. Analyzing the larger picture, unless you have something really good, is probably better suited for the night phase.

Admittedly I've been lurking for the last hour or so, to see what happens when I've stepped back from the thread. Zle is not impressing me, either. If we want a vote switch (and I'm still not sure I do, frankly) I'm willing to switch to him.

Shining's not being here at all today also isn't sitting well with me.

Sorry I couldn't impress you, but there really isn't anything else I can do.


Zlefin, I don't know, man. Asking who to vote for in thread is weird. It's a newbie game; you have someone to talk to if you're not sure how to play.

You just seem super reluctant about this Hier lynch. If you don't think it's right, then I don't understand what you're doing right now.

I tend to be a cautious person in general, so it's probably just that you're hearing.
I think Hier is about 65% chance of town; so better than an RNG lynch, though hardly a great choice.

When I asked who to vote for, I gave a good reason for asking, so that should be fine. I know how to play, but encouraging discussion is good, and I wanted to hear from the other players on the question.


And did you get anything from it?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 22:24 GMT
#505
Who do you really want to vote for, Zle? If you were a vigilante, had a day shot, and could take someone out without anyone else's input, who would it be and why?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 23:01 GMT
#521
On February 17 2015 07:50 ElyAs wrote:
I'm strongly considering unvoting too, but I want to hear The Shining's point of view.


Whatcha thinkin' ElyAs?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 23:09 GMT
#528
Yeah, I'm feeling the meh on Hier myself. I think he's most likely mafia based on today's play, but almost everything he's done I can see from frustrated, tunneled town.

I think the main reason I'm fine keeping the lynch where it is...is he claimed to be trying to help town (while martyring on the lynch situation), but I"m not seeing the reads or analysis that would do that. He also seems to be leaning more toward Tere as scum but isn't voting her...he should be trying to push her lynch and leading the way with it.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 23:11 GMT
#530
There are a ton of red flags appearing in zlefin's play, though, and that concerns me. This whole not wanting to vote-switch stuff among them. Townies generally don't care about consistency or perception, because townies are just trying to find scum.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 23:26 GMT
#536
Hmm...what is the significance of having fun to you, Tere? I notice you've asked Hier that a few times now.

Lol, the only things itching at me really in your filter are those filter skims. Not a fan xP Something about just paraphrasing a person's entire filter makes me twitch.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 23:30 GMT
#537
JJB, what has you so sure that Hier is town?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 23:45 GMT
#545
On February 17 2015 08:44 jarjarbinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2015 08:30 rsoultin wrote:
JJB, what has you so sure that Hier is town?


It isn't that I 100% believe he's town. It's that he has 6 votes on him. He IS suspicious, I give you that. I wanted to vote him if he actually meant that he's still somehow sticking to his bridges plan when no one else is doing it lol

Maybe it was that you started the wagon on him but it just seems like EVERYONE is against him, and that makes me wonder. Parts of his posts make me think he is town, and is just angry that everyone is against him.


Why do you think Zlefin is the better lynch? Sometimes scum does buss in these scenarios, but I'd be lying if I said I was fully comfortable with a landslide vote like this, especially on Day 1.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 23:46 GMT
#546
On February 17 2015 08:41 ElyAs wrote:
Well, I'm not gonna push for a Tere lynch today.

Just saw The Shining's post. Guess we are lynching Hier.


Are you scumreading Tere?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 23:51 GMT
#549
Looks like Hier did vote Tere o.0 I didn't notice when that happened though.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 23:53 GMT
#551
JJB, please :/
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 23:53 GMT
#552
Ninja'd lol
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 23:57 GMT
#554
On February 17 2015 08:54 jarjarbinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2015 07:25 Hier wrote:
On February 17 2015 06:46 Tere wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:55 Hier wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:50 Tere wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:48 Hier wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:42 Tere wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:24 Hier wrote:
Now that I've started reading Tere's filter I've noticed that she does not have a case on me at all. She has taken rsoultin's route of "Your post is bad, Hier." No suggestion of intention, or a probable goal I might have as scum. This seems like an easy bandwagon to jump onto, scoring a free townie lynch.


Ballsacks, I make my view of you pretty damn clear in the post explaining my vote, including specific posts I think are scummy, and have pointed out one of the items I think most problematic again very recently. It's hard not to see that as misrepresentation. I am trying to give you the opportunity to clear yourself but it's not going very well for me here.

Are you going to answer my question?

Also a bonus question, are you having fun here, it doesn't look like you are having fun?

Final RFI - this might be how you are, it's possible. Can you please link your previous games at TL Mafia with alignment?

I will go have a read through those filters but right now I'm not feeling a reason to move my vote.

You voted for me in one post, and claimed that I could be a town player and that we need to look for counterwagons in your very next post.

Sounds to me like even you thought your case against me was weak.


That's called wanting to give someone the benefit of the doubt.

If it makes you feel better, you are making me more confident on my scumread every time you post.

Now are you going to answer my question?

In turn, your innocence fades with each of yours. Why don't you convince me that you are town, and I will answer your question (which you'll have to repost).


Well, jarjar, this is what I've got, it's not really a question, is it. It kinda bugs me that Hier's repeatedly refused to answer questions even when reposted, that's not town helpful at all IMO.

But on the basis that it might be helpful for you also, I can have a stab.

I'm reaching out and trying to engage with as many people as possible. On Day 1 locked townreads are very hard but it's important for me to reach out and try to understand people and see if we can work together. I wouldn't call it town block, but a lot of my initial work goes on understanding tone and getting the feel for how people play - even more important when I have no meta and you are all unknowns IMO.
I've read through the thread to catch up and I've gone through all the filters and posted my thoughts on them (I am feeling better about you BTW)
I've considered whether or not I am tunnelling (I don't think I am!).
I've asked Hier to come back into the thread and talk to us rather than tunnelling on my scumread.
I've asked Hier for alternate evidence as to playstyle so I can triangulate with known town in case he's just rubbing me up the wrong way and it's a playstyle clash.
I've considered the cases for the alternate wagons and thought of alternatives. I just don't like any of them more than where I have my vote right now.

Would anything else be helpful for you? Same question for Hier?

This was weak, and contradictory.

The very first line of your very first game-related post was you voting to have me lynched. You did not try and "reach out to me" and "engage" with me, as you have put it. You came in as scum, saw a town player having a lot of votes, and auto-voted. It's really that simple.

I have said you were a scumread for me, and, as per your request to clarify, I have explained why; it has partially to do with your case against me. To you that's tunnelling.

This is at least the second time you are hiding behind the word "playstyle". Anything that seems amiss about your play you attribute to your personal playstyle, thinking it successfully defends against accusations.

But, as promised, I will answer your question you wanted answered at the time of the agreement:

On February 17 2015 05:56 Tere wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:17 Tere wrote:
Out of interest, are you still intending to follow your Bridges strategy? (bold mine)

On February 16 2015 07:50 Hier wrote:
Trfel:
It only takes one other player to declare his or her support for the model to get people to support its use. I know how Bridges works and how to use it to get a town victory. I will always abide by its rules, but if you later decide it's not worth it by all means abandon it.


^


Yes, I have always intended to use the Bridges method, after having pointed out that insubordination is part of its intentionally limiting design. Naturally, being the only person to oblige by its rules is meaningless, because the Bridges is meant to be a play method, not an explicit set of rules each individual is meant to follow.


Does he mean that he is still using the method? I think his vote proves otherwise, unless he made his one-time switch.


That part of his post reads both ways to me -_- and I think there's no way to tell if he plans to continue using it or not unless he's not lynched today, because it would begin with the first vote, wouldn't it? It's like a slightly more complicated form of RNG lynching.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 23:58 GMT
#556
Ah, lol >< well, that makes sense.

Is anyone down for shenannies? I just want to see if it's possible.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 16 2015 23:59 GMT
#559
Too late already really.

Well, Hier, if you're town, hopefully your coach will have some good feedback for you...and apologies in advance.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 660
ProTech153
Nina 72
JuggernautJason48
MindelVK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28049
Calm 2574
Mini 162
firebathero 104
Dewaltoss 101
soO 60
NaDa 28
Bale 25
HiyA 25
PianO 17
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7609
XaKoH 374
monkeys_forever103
canceldota33
League of Legends
Doublelift1673
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1554
fl0m1407
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu784
Other Games
FrodaN1980
Beastyqt613
B2W.Neo402
mouzStarbuck370
Livibee190
ToD161
KnowMe145
C9.Mang0144
Trikslyr123
UpATreeSC121
RotterdaM98
Mew2King47
shahzam24
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki41
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1042
• Shiphtur755
• WagamamaTV231
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 17m
Replay Cast
3h 2m
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.