• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:31
CEST 22:31
KST 05:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7343 users

Devil's Riddle Mafia - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 Next All
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 07:26 GMT
#531
On September 24 2014 16:12 VisceraEyes wrote:
I don't see why suggesting pairs by sign up order means anything with regard to his alignment - are you suggesting that the pairs have some bearing on alignment outside of the given possible layouts? Do tell if so, I've never been in a game that could be broken before.

Well if he's mafia, in the 1 pair then he knows another set. If he's in the 2 pair, then he's less likely to propose that. The spontaneous nature of how quickly it came out is a bit for me.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 07:29 GMT
#534
On September 24 2014 16:27 Hapahauli wrote:
Not really. It's just really fucking off.

? Huh. I don't get what you're referencing. Swear I'm going to sleep here soon.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 08:00 GMT
#555
I get where you're coming from Hapa re: tone. It just feels really weird for you to make a good logical post re:VE calling Damfred town bros and on the same page as him to the tone read. Something that's definitely, IMO, not really quite in your wheelhouse and less odd from VE as either alignment.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 08:05 GMT
#559
On September 24 2014 17:01 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2014 17:00 geript wrote:
I get where you're coming from Hapa re: tone. It just feels really weird for you to make a good logical post re:VE calling Damfred town bros and on the same page as him to the tone read. Something that's definitely, IMO, not really quite in your wheelhouse and less odd from VE as either alignment.


Are you saying I don't do tone reads? huh?

I can't really remember you doing them in any of the games I've played or read. I've always remembered you as logical and methodical.

I actually am pretty sure on my read on VE. I want to sleep on it though.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 08:10 GMT
#561
On September 24 2014 17:03 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2014 17:00 geript wrote:
I get where you're coming from Hapa re: tone. It just feels really weird for you to make a good logical post re:VE calling Damfred town bros and on the same page as him to the tone read. Something that's definitely, IMO, not really quite in your wheelhouse and less odd from VE as either alignment.


I really don;t get what you are saying here.

The switch from "objectively odd thing in VE's filter" to "odd tone read" isn't something I've seen from Hapa before as best I can recall. It's like a switch from "mafia logic" to "mafia feels." Maybe I've shoehorned Hapa into an incorrect idk generalization, but the first point is semi-convincing whereas the second one is less convincing and even more so coming from Hapa.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 08:13 GMT
#562
On September 24 2014 17:08 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2014 17:05 geript wrote:
On September 24 2014 17:01 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 24 2014 17:00 geript wrote:
I get where you're coming from Hapa re: tone. It just feels really weird for you to make a good logical post re:VE calling Damfred town bros and on the same page as him to the tone read. Something that's definitely, IMO, not really quite in your wheelhouse and less odd from VE as either alignment.


Are you saying I don't do tone reads? huh?

I can't really remember you doing them in any of the games I've played or read. I've always remembered you as logical and methodical.

I actually am pretty sure on my read on VE. I want to sleep on it though.


What is your VE read? I read your filter and it wasn't all that clear.

I'll give it in the morning. I'll post it in QT so M&M can confirm it hasn't changed. I'd like to have a bit more from VE to be sure but I'm pretty sure I'm right.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 08:16 GMT
#564
Also fwiw Hapa, on the face it doesn't look good. But I've seen townies do something like that a bunch.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 18:26 GMT
#719
I want to play devil's advocate for a second. Before going to bed I was really gung-ho about VE being mafia. Specifically, my experience with townVE is that when he's trolly and active (which I'm super happy to see again btw) there's an underscore of "I will motherf'ing lynch you bish" to it. Something that I specifically noticed was lacking earlier. More damning though IMO was his accusation. Specifically, when VE is mafia (perhaps I should say when VE used to be mafia) he often tried to turn people's pushes back on themselves. He tried to pull it in Boardwalk and definitely did it in Nomination. It was such that when I saw VE's post I instantly thought he was mafia.
All that said, after catching up from sleeping I'm far less confident in that read right now.

Prome feels towny but his initial post made me want to lynch him. MM1 looks slightly better from what he's posted in QT but not enough that I'm sold he's town yet. Abuse's entry make me happy to lynch him.

Need to put on my glasses and reread from comp a few times.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 18:47 GMT
#726
On September 25 2014 03:40 abuse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2014 03:26 geript wrote:
. MM1 looks slightly better from what he's posted in QT but not enough that I'm sold he's town yet.



You either share your gum with the entire class, or don't chew it in front of everybody.

[image loading]
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 18:53 GMT
#729
On September 25 2014 03:38 abuse wrote:
geript - explain why my entry makes you happy to lynch me?

1. Because there's no clear rhyme or reason to what you're posting. You're not going through methodically chronologically. You're also not going through in a thought process way (e.g. Me-> Hapa->DP->VE).
2. You're just commenting on things in a bland way that can end up in any sort of direction.
3. On first reading I'm kinda convinced by VE but would rather lynch you than test the waters with Hapa as I think the scum/scum pair is probably you/hapa or Oats/damdred.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 18:57 GMT
#730
Hapa/Yam/Prom/VE. Do you guys remember the name of the game when Palmer and DP were mafia and they bussed 1-2 partners? HF and DP were going at it all D1 and maybe D2 as well. I can't remember it off the top of my head but I want to look at that game again specifically because I might actually be wrong on my DP read.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 18:58 GMT
#731
Found it MSpaint. I forgot how much fun it was making those vote counts.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 19:06 GMT
#732
Good news, I remembered one of my meta reads on DP. Still think he's town.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 19:35 GMT
#736
You played in Nomination Yam. Do you disagree on VE's read on Hapa being very similar? You've essentially ignored giving any opinion on both from what I can recall. I'll be back later. Might cube for a bit and need to get the oil changed in my car.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 19:45 GMT
#740
On September 25 2014 04:37 Damdred wrote:
I don't like that pairing though, I wish Geript would talk with me why he has mine and oats group down for the mafia team currently that bothers me.

You seem to sling stuff and then just leave the thread or never respond to it

It's mostly just PoE. I think the mafia-mafia pair right now is likely to be you/oats or hapa/abuse. TBH, I've mostly ignored you because I think the last 2 games I've incorrectly read you as mafia when you're town.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 19:46 GMT
#742
On September 25 2014 04:45 yamato77 wrote:
Geript, how do you think I read VE?

Magic 8 ball. No clue. I can't remember a game where I've seen how you read VE. For me, there's not a push from you that I can think of as more than just a prod to see how he responds.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 19:49 GMT
#744
On September 25 2014 04:46 Damdred wrote:
Thats liek such a narrow focus for what 18 hours into the game? 21? Isn't it way to early for that?

Meh, I think Yam is town; I'm prety sure Prome is town too. I pretty sure DP is town. I'm hook line and sinker that Grack is town; which is somewhat confirmed by the Prome/DP reading Kush as town. CR is most likely 3P. That narrows down the double mafia pair down quite well.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 19:57 GMT
#746
On September 25 2014 04:55 yamato77 wrote:
So those posts where I call VE mafia give you no clue?

Coming from you, yes. You quite often just make these meh pushes that you often retract.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 20:10 GMT
#748
On September 25 2014 01:55 yamato77 wrote:
Town VE wouldn't be this confident in an early D1 scum read : /

On September 25 2014 01:57 yamato77 wrote:
VE, y u gotta be mafia.

On September 25 2014 02:01 yamato77 wrote:
VE, we were townbros last game. You can't fool me with this forced confidence. Fake bravado is a hallmark of your scum play.

Yes Yam. This is not a good push on VE. There's nothing that would convince anyone of 1. you being serious about it or more importantly 2. you being right. So yes, that why I specifically asked about VE's push and likened it to Nomination and Boardwalk. Yes that's why I'm actually fine with MM1 pushing on both Hapa and VE. I don't think either are obviously town (even thought I'm treating Hapa as if I have a green check on him right now). I just don't terribly love either and I'm not in any way sure that either are mafia.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 24 2014 21:59 GMT
#756
On September 25 2014 06:33 yamato77 wrote:
Hapa saying exactly what I thought in long form.

This might be true. It does make me feel a lot better about hapa.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 512
ProTech173
BRAT_OK 95
Railgan 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1476
Dewaltoss 123
Trap 26
Bale 14
Dota 2
420jenkins517
Counter-Strike
fl0m4240
Fnx 613
minikerr1
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4442
Liquid`Hasu651
Other Games
summit1g4858
Liquid`RaSZi2121
FrodaN795
B2W.Neo525
XaKoH 254
ToD198
C9.Mang0167
RotterdaM91
QueenE67
UpATreeSC67
Mew2King34
PPMD24
JuggernautJason17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream16
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21017
Other Games
• Shiphtur1070
• imaqtpie890
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 29m
Patches Events
19h 29m
The PondCast
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.