• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:06
CEST 21:06
KST 04:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8333 users

Season of the Witch Mafia - Page 15

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 105 Next
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 07:16 GMT
#281
Why is Rayn making me a sad panda? I wait this long and one lousy setup statement.
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
September 04 2014 07:20 GMT
#282
On September 04 2014 16:16 geript wrote:
Why is Rayn making me a sad panda? I wait this long and one lousy setup statement.


rayn is also rain, rain is water that falls from the sky, water that falls from your eyes is crying, crying is what you do when you're sad. it's all in the name.

that aside, even though we're kinda in different places right now on a couple people. i think you're pretty town.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 07:34 GMT
#283
So who do you want to lynch and why?
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 07:34 GMT
#284
On September 04 2014 14:09 slOosh wrote:
Ok this is nonsense what's going on so I'm gonna shut it down independent of Oats' actual alignment.

Oats is posturing into a position where he is blaming people and saying that they aren't scumhunting. Realize that this itself isn't scumhunting. You tell me what Oats has done to scum hunt. Nothing. That question at this point is total bogus.

Not only that his actions are shutting down potentially good town discussion of setup. While in normal games setup talk is something scum favor because it is safe to do, this is a unique theme game, and setup talk can be very pro town. The discussion of actions, even if we don't arrive at a consensus, is a great means of developing information and reads.

Oats, now to you specifically, this game is unique theme. Don't just port over heuristics lazily and pretend you are all that. If you have specific things you want to grill me on, then go ahead, but I'm asking you to change your current approach of pointing fingers at everyone.

Im sorry what?

Please quote something about setup that in your words " was a great means of developing information and reads."

Who exactly is 'everyone" that I have pointed fingers to.
No gg, No skill.
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 07:35 GMT
#285
On September 04 2014 15:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Don't talk about setup. You can only help scum.
Don't claim unless i tell you to.

Period.

har har har har
why should any of us listen to you. and what are your reafs.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 07:36 GMT
#286
I just saw this.
I feel like the best play may be just to let people do what they think is best, and then organize things as the game progresses.

So you want to have setup talk to develop information and reads.

But you dont actually want to have setup talk.
##unvote
##vote sloosh
No gg, No skill.
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 07:36 GMT
#287
reads lol not reafs
screw phoneposting
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 07:43 GMT
#288
On September 04 2014 16:36 Oatsmaster wrote:
I just saw this.
Show nested quote +
I feel like the best play may be just to let people do what they think is best, and then organize things as the game progresses.

So you want to have setup talk to develop information and reads.

But you dont actually want to have setup talk.
##unvote
##vote sloosh


I feel that is quoting sloosh out of context. the way i read it he is discussing the setup and comes to the conclusion that it is hard to actually execute any coordinated power role plan because any claim will get souped.

I think that is a fair point to make even though I do think the inquisitor+oracle visit should yield the most information for the two.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 07:43 GMT
#289
I really dont understand why sloosh is promoting setup talk when its more likely that you slip your role as opposed to not talking about it at all.

I dont see any way to break the game cause soup kills imba.
So stop talking about it.
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 07:45 GMT
#290
On September 04 2014 16:43 gobbledydook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 16:36 Oatsmaster wrote:
I just saw this.
I feel like the best play may be just to let people do what they think is best, and then organize things as the game progresses.

So you want to have setup talk to develop information and reads.

But you dont actually want to have setup talk.
##unvote
##vote sloosh


I feel that is quoting sloosh out of context. the way i read it he is discussing the setup and comes to the conclusion that it is hard to actually execute any coordinated power role plan because any claim will get souped.

I think that is a fair point to make even though I do think the inquisitor+oracle visit should yield the most information for the two.

So sloosh concludes that setup discussion is useless right?

But in the very next post, he wants people to discuss the setup.
There is no point discussing the setup if there is no advantage to be gained. And there isnt.
So many roles are standalone.
No gg, No skill.
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 07:52 GMT
#291
On September 04 2014 16:45 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 16:43 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 04 2014 16:36 Oatsmaster wrote:
I just saw this.
I feel like the best play may be just to let people do what they think is best, and then organize things as the game progresses.

So you want to have setup talk to develop information and reads.

But you dont actually want to have setup talk.
##unvote
##vote sloosh


I feel that is quoting sloosh out of context. the way i read it he is discussing the setup and comes to the conclusion that it is hard to actually execute any coordinated power role plan because any claim will get souped.

I think that is a fair point to make even though I do think the inquisitor+oracle visit should yield the most information for the two.

So sloosh concludes that setup discussion is useless right?

But in the very next post, he wants people to discuss the setup.
There is no point discussing the setup if there is no advantage to be gained. And there isnt.
So many roles are standalone.


i think you are misunderstanding him. my view is he was referring to earlier setup-talk posts as towny in order to explain his current reads, not necessarily as in 'its useless but keep talking about it muhahaha'
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 08:08 GMT
#292
nah this is in present tense
The discussion of actions, even if we don't arrive at a consensus, is a great means of developing information and reads.


He also says that I should stop stopping people from talking about it. Clearly he thinks its useful.
But he didnt think its useful before.
No gg, No skill.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 04 2014 08:35 GMT
#293
I'll play in 5h gerip. I am at work.
table for two on a tv tray
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 04 2014 11:39 GMT
#294
I think I am ok with the following people. Just based on their posts.
•Oatsmaster only because ritoky
•gobbledydook
•IAmRobik
•geript
•slOosh
•ritoky
I had a good night of sleep.
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 04 2014 12:06 GMT
#295
Haru is town. Can't explain in too much detail without souping Haru. I am pretty certain I'm seeing the ideal situation and disagree with Koshi's statement about not seeing the big picture.

Null:
yamato - call out with no reasoning. Impossible to say anything about it
damdred - 1 post
rayn - 1 post
lonemeow - not in yet

I'm extremely conflicted about Oats. I hate the fact he called sloosh and koshi scum without any reasoning - and still without explaining why he called it out in the first place. His case against sloosh is pretty paper thin and I disagree with his interpretation of sloosh's posts. My interpretation is that the Oracle, Inquisitor and Wraith do what they think is best in terms of both finding the best time to reveal and expose themselves to soup, and in addition who they target. All of us, including the mentioned roles should (at some point closer to deadline more likely) put in suggestions as to who are the ideal target(s). Obviously we can wait for sloosh to come back to smooth things out a bit, but I feel like Oats is just cherry picking the part that makes sloosh look the worse and ignoring everything around it. Main reason why I'm conflicted is because the way Oats has been playing is classic town Oats and some high percentage of games (I think) end up with Oats being mislynched D1 because of it -_-

IAmRobik - pretty townie, can't see scum seeing the gobble grail vote reasoning before being told about it. I wouldn't ever hammer over this alone, but it's definitely a strike against gobble

Gobble is null-scum - Until I think about it later, something gives me a bad feeling about the initial planning post (regarding Inquis/Oracle visiting the same person) - like it feels like a plan to stifle the information we get from the Inquisitor in order to get Oracle views, which I think is pretty average N1. Then there's the case from Robik which I still think is still decent, but as I said, it's not solid enough evidence.

Scum team prediction so far: 1 of the players who haven't posted more than once or twice, oats and gobble.
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 04 2014 12:07 GMT
#296
Oh right, that whole argument with me is pretty null anyways because everyone likes to slam those posts anyways
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 04 2014 12:17 GMT
#297
On September 04 2014 21:06 Sylencia wrote:
Haru is town. Can't explain in too much detail without souping Haru. I am pretty certain I'm seeing the ideal situation and disagree with Koshi's statement about not seeing the big picture.

Null:
yamato - call out with no reasoning. Impossible to say anything about it
damdred - 1 post
rayn - 1 post
lonemeow - not in yet

I'm extremely conflicted about Oats. I hate the fact he called sloosh and koshi scum without any reasoning - and still without explaining why he called it out in the first place. His case against sloosh is pretty paper thin and I disagree with his interpretation of sloosh's posts. My interpretation is that the Oracle, Inquisitor and Wraith do what they think is best in terms of both finding the best time to reveal and expose themselves to soup, and in addition who they target. All of us, including the mentioned roles should (at some point closer to deadline more likely) put in suggestions as to who are the ideal target(s). Obviously we can wait for sloosh to come back to smooth things out a bit, but I feel like Oats is just cherry picking the part that makes sloosh look the worse and ignoring everything around it. Main reason why I'm conflicted is because the way Oats has been playing is classic town Oats and some high percentage of games (I think) end up with Oats being mislynched D1 because of it -_-

IAmRobik - pretty townie, can't see scum seeing the gobble grail vote reasoning before being told about it. I wouldn't ever hammer over this alone, but it's definitely a strike against gobble

Gobble is null-scum - Until I think about it later, something gives me a bad feeling about the initial planning post (regarding Inquis/Oracle visiting the same person) - like it feels like a plan to stifle the information we get from the Inquisitor in order to get Oracle views, which I think is pretty average N1. Then there's the case from Robik which I still think is still decent, but as I said, it's not solid enough evidence.

Scum team prediction so far: 1 of the players who haven't posted more than once or twice, oats and gobble.


I'm amazed that you are null reading the person who has posted nothing but 'i think koshi is scum' and 'still think hes scum'.
I think it's very weird that yamato would bother to come in, make an unsubstantiated post, and then disappear. Clearly he had the time to post, but his effort doesn't show it.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 12:25 GMT
#298
On September 04 2014 20:39 Koshi wrote:
I think I am ok with the following people. Just based on their posts.
•Oatsmaster only because ritoky
•gobbledydook
•IAmRobik
•geript
•slOosh
•ritoky

why sloosh and why isnt this list about scum?
No gg, No skill.
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 04 2014 12:25 GMT
#299
It's not unusual for yamato to do that though
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 12:28 GMT
#300
high percentage of games (I think) end up with Oats being mislynched D1 because of it -_-

Not true.

Sloosh is just mucking about asking weirdass questions that still hasnt lead to anything.
How is him saying that nothing more can be discussed about setup and then encouraging discussion about setup a good thing???
Where am I cherry picking instead of not bothering to post irrelevant nonsense?


I hate the fact he called sloosh and koshi scum without any reasoning - and still without explaining why he called it out in the first place.

Why is calling someone scum without reasoning objectively scummy? I explained it eventually.
Do you disagree with my read on Koshi?
gobble, what do you read someone like him?
No gg, No skill.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 105 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 430
ProTech170
UpATreeSC 118
BRAT_OK 106
Railgan 49
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1913
Shuttle 500
Dewaltoss 139
Trap 33
Bale 23
scan(afreeca) 15
Dota 2
XaKoH 597
420jenkins422
Counter-Strike
fl0m4098
Fnx 678
kRYSTAL_29
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3654
Liquid`Hasu526
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2066
summit1g1450
FrodaN962
B2W.Neo413
Livibee194
C9.Mang0146
TKL 102
QueenE77
ToD71
RotterdaM58
Mew2King34
JuggernautJason18
PPMD2
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV234
BasetradeTV155
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 34
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3016
• TFBlade837
Other Games
• Shiphtur1369
• imaqtpie744
• WagamamaTV338
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 54m
Patches Events
20h 54m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.