• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:41
CEST 13:41
KST 20:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8370 users

II Titanic Mini Mafia - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 Next All
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 16 2013 18:48 GMT
#2620
On December 17 2013 03:46 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 03:42 Blazinghand wrote:
On December 17 2013 03:40 Xatalos wrote:
On December 17 2013 03:34 Blazinghand wrote:
On December 17 2013 03:14 Xatalos wrote:
Right.. Don't you think that LSB has posted barely more than XigXag - and what LSB has posted has been way more suspicious?


LSB has posted much more than xigxag in the past day, though his activity is also low. I don't see how this is even remotely relevant though, since nothing is more suspicious than what XigXag is doing. You're either xcum and trying to protect your xcumbuddy or you're being blinded by the availability heuristic. The fact that LSB's post seem more suspicious is not relevant given that xigxag has actually not been posting. You can't say his posts are more suspicious than xigxag's have been, you just remember him posting more and therefore he sticks out in your mind. Get your HEAD IN THE GAME.

If LSB seems scummy because he's at least making a trivial effort to play the game, THAT MEANS HE CAN BE ANALYZED. That means he is NOT our lynch for today. You're basically arguing that we should lynch LSB because he's a worse lynch. Come on man. COME ON.


I'd think that barely posting above the lurker definition, and being scummy in those few posts, is more scummy than not posting at all.......


Okay, great idea, let's not lynch xigxag i'm sure that will just work itself out.... oh wait no the opposite of that


Do you want LSB at LYLO either?

Though I agree that it's impossible to analyze XigXag, so it might be safer to lynch him now rather than at LYLO.


xigxag is obviously the better lynch today, you have not raised any serious objections to:
1) xigxag will never be readable
2) xigxag will not die unless we lynch him
3) #1 and #2 are more true for xigxag than any other player in this game, so we should lynch him today.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 16 2013 18:53 GMT
#2622
Coag's filter is bad, and the fact that it's better than xigxag's shows just how important it is to lynch xigxag
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 16 2013 18:55 GMT
#2624
well don't hold your breath LSB
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 16 2013 18:56 GMT
#2625
like what's with all this resistance to lynching xigxag? obviously there are other lurkers, though none as bad, but that's not super relevant when xigxag is playing like he is. Is like everyone but me a cop who checked xigxag and got back green? This seems pretty open and shut to me. He's lurking, he will never be legible, we probably dont' have any more blue roles.

let's take out tha trash.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 16 2013 18:58 GMT
#2627
Like the reason we lynch xig before coag and LSB is that in the next 120 hours LSB and Coag will probably make more posts and potentially we'll learn more about what their alignments/reads are. It's worth keeping them alive over xigxag for an extra cycle since they are actually kinda sorta playing the game. xig is obviously not. there is no benefit to lynching him second instead of first. none.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 16 2013 18:59 GMT
#2628
On December 17 2013 03:57 LSB wrote:
Also, anyone have any idea why Kushmasta was killed? I don't think it is a coincidence that we got two medics blue sniped on us.

I'm just reading his filter and incredibly confused


what do you think of xigxag? you have made no posts about him, nor about my current case, other than a (joking?) post about seeing his analysis.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 16 2013 19:03 GMT
#2631
On December 17 2013 03:59 LSB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 03:59 Blazinghand wrote:
On December 17 2013 03:57 LSB wrote:
Also, anyone have any idea why Kushmasta was killed? I don't think it is a coincidence that we got two medics blue sniped on us.

I'm just reading his filter and incredibly confused


what do you think of xigxag? you have made no posts about him, nor about my current case, other than a (joking?) post about seeing his analysis.

Xigxag doesn't post and doesn't say anything and made a horrible case. Anyone can see that

Thanks! this post is much more useful (imo) than the inconclusive speculation about the kushm4sta kill.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 16 2013 19:10 GMT
#2633
On December 17 2013 04:06 LSB wrote:
o.O seriously? Talking about a lurker is more important than figuring out why we lost 2 doctors already?


....yes? I don't understand what's special about two doctors being dead, or how it helps us get a lynch. They weren't even "sniped" as you claim since:

Doctor #1, holyflare, was shot by my predecessor.
Doctor #2, kushm4sta, was shot by the SK.

so... mafia have killed 0 doctors so far. The SK might have even been aiming for scum, who knows? Who cares? how is it even a little bit important?

get your head in the game

When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 16 2013 19:12 GMT
#2635
FWIW though I have you as town LSB and I see what you doing as misguided, but probably town-motivated.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 16 2013 19:17 GMT
#2638
coag who's your next lynch?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 16 2013 20:53 GMT
#2647
BTW lsb I like that analsys of alak but shouldn't that mean lynchijg him and not xat?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 16 2013 21:50 GMT
#2649
I don't like that as a reason. If I had a strong scumread on alak (since even if xata is town, alak's actions are scummy) and a weaker (unflipped associative!) scumread on Xata, I'd push and vote alak rather than xata, and just say i'm open to the option of lynching xata. It's not like there's 2 hours left to the lynch, and your only option is the consolidate; why not lynch the guy who you think is more likely to flip scum?

even the so-called "wagon" on xata has only 2 votes. i don't get why you're not playing this like you did here (link). I'd like a better explanation than you just gave.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 17 2013 00:20 GMT
#2653
On December 17 2013 09:14 LSB wrote:
I lynch people who I think are scum. It's as simple as that.


but not the person you think is most likely to flip scum? you're not lynching anyone.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 17 2013 00:30 GMT
#2656
a last minute vote to a wagon that's not happening is opting out of the discourse.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 17 2013 00:34 GMT
#2658
On December 17 2013 09:31 LSB wrote:
I believe we have difference in how we play mafia.

My play revolves around identifying who I think is scum and then going after them. If I doubt that they are scum, I remove them off of my list and no longer go after them. I do not relish the concept of lynching someone who I think is town, and unless I am consolidating my vote to a major candidate I will no push someone who I think may be town.

Alakaslam is safer because we caught him lying, while Xatalos is more of a read based on day 1 play. I still think both of them are scum and would be willing to lynch either. Nor do I want you to forget SideSprang.


right, I follow your logic entirely. the part where you lose me is the part where, halfway through this day, you vote xata or alak even though you think alak is more likely to be scum (or in your words, "safer") based on a xata "wagon" of 2 votes. why not push your top scumread and say you're willing to lynch xata, like you did yesterday?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 17 2013 00:43 GMT
#2661
Alak tell me about LSB. Do you think he's scum? Does this post, your most recent one seriously concerning him, summarize your views accurately?

On December 16 2013 13:57 Alakaslam wrote:
Well...

Anyway I am confident anyone who reads me will find my alignment. I have explained all my motives.

I was thinking, next most likely to be scum at one point was LSB. I thought he might be more likely to produce info than vayne but now he has gone done been scummy. Again.

Shalt be as I hoped sir LSB?

Xata I have been suspicious of early and have since dropped it. I forget why. I may go read him.

If you think I am scummy, vote me and state why in that post so I can react-defend, thank you in advance.

When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 17 2013 00:52 GMT
#2663
I'm not trying to say the way you play is impossible for town to play; I just want to get more insight into your thought process. You and I clearly think differently, and that fact doesn't make you scum. It doesn't give you a pass in showing a townie motivation, though. I don't want you to repeat yourself. Perhaps i have not properly phrased my questions. I want to read a paragraph written by you, and by doing so, begin to think a little more like you and understand your motivations, got it?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 17 2013 00:54 GMT
#2664
I like your explanation for why alak is scum, I just think that it still applies even if Xata is town.

Like let me phrase it this way

Imagine all possible worlds in which Alak is town. In some of those worlds, Xata is also scum, but it not ALL of those possible worlds. Xata's scumminess seems to be (at least via your thought process; I could be wrong) a function of alak's scumminess, which means it's less likely Xat is scum than Alak
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 17 2013 01:07 GMT
#2670
On December 17 2013 10:01 LSB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 09:54 Blazinghand wrote:
I like your explanation for why alak is scum, I just think that it still applies even if Xata is town.

Like let me phrase it this way

Imagine all possible worlds in which Alak is town. In some of those worlds, Xata is also scum, but it not ALL of those possible worlds. Xata's scumminess seems to be (at least via your thought process; I could be wrong) a function of alak's scumminess, which means it's less likely Xat is scum than Alak

Both of my cases are independent of each other. So it doesn't apply in this case

But yes, should one of my cases be dependent on the other being scum (A is scum if B is scum) (ie PYP mafia day 3) I am more willing to lynch B first, and then A.

I'd prefer we stop this discussion simply because it has little relevance to what is actually going on in this game. I am more than happy to take it to PMs or postgame if you want to chat about optimal mafia play. Should you wish to defend Xata I am all ears


in case it's not clear i'm also trying to discern your alignment and your veracity. whether or not you really believe what you're saying, or if i've caught you in an inconsistency and you're trying to chalk it up to "tomato tomato"
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 17 2013 01:38 GMT
#2685
Coagulation was just temp banned for 2 days by GMarshal.

That account was created on 2006-07-02 16:52:39 and had 8333 posts.

Reason: Come on dude. I hate banning you, because you're a cool guy, but you've been consistently riling up people in TLMafia, its ok to disagree, but please do so with logical arguments as opposed to disruptive behavior. Thanks.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings163
SHIN 78
CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 317
ByuN 306
OGKoka 279
SHIN 78
MindelVK 22
Railgan 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69340
Calm 10875
Rain 2547
FanTaSy 1138
Bisu 1037
soO 742
Soulkey 569
Stork 414
Shuttle 372
Rush 268
[ Show more ]
Soma 224
firebathero 212
Light 165
Snow 154
Last 151
Mind 87
Pusan 69
ToSsGirL 59
Shinee 42
Bale 39
Sea.KH 37
Killer 33
Trap 33
Mong 28
Free 28
Sharp 28
Hm[arnc] 27
hero 25
Sexy 21
yabsab 19
zelot 18
Shine 16
sorry 15
HiyA 13
Aegong 12
Sacsri 11
IntoTheRainbow 10
scan(afreeca) 10
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6708
Dendi78
League of Legends
Reynor94
Counter-Strike
x6flipin542
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King78
Other Games
gofns33988
singsing2198
byalli620
B2W.Neo296
Pyrionflax259
Chillindude12
ToD2
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 97
• Gemini_19 9
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV505
League of Legends
• Jankos3346
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 561
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 19m
OSC
11h 19m
Replay Cast
11h 19m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.