• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:28
CEST 23:28
KST 06:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7823 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVII - Page 25

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 92 Next
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 16:19 GMT
#481
EBWOP: Not to say that I won't vote for someone that makes an obvious scumslip D1, but nobody has done that so far (except maybe WoS).
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Sevryn
Profile Joined September 2010
698 Posts
February 11 2013 16:20 GMT
#482
@warbaby why 9-bit over a different lurker? it looks like mandalor just picked the top one off his list and I would think you would want to pressure other lurkers over voting for the same one. and making a pressure vote which yours obviously is because of your last sentence is pretty useless if you say its a pressure vote.
Mandalor
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Germany2362 Posts
February 11 2013 16:20 GMT
#483
On February 12 2013 00:38 zarepath wrote:
Sixth post, weird defensiveness against others addressing him:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 13:54 WaveofShadow wrote:
I'm trying to say don't look too much into it. There are more important things to be done like scumhunt; determining as to my town alignment should become obvious by my future actions, not by my words.

On February 11 2013 13:44 warbaby wrote:
WaveOfShadow, this is not your town. It's not my town, and it's not Mocsta's town.

It is the town, and it's members shall think for themselves and analyze the thread before doing stupid things. Please.

Warbaby, this sure as hell is my town as I'm a part of it and I care about it. I'm not sure where you got the idea that I'm telling or leading people not to think for themselves or that I'm doing something stupid.

"Don't look too much into it." "Don't worry, don't read what I say, you'll know that I'm town soon enough, don't even bother thinking about me as mafia." What kind of townie says "don't analyze me in any way, please!"? Also, kind of overemphatic about his town-alignment claim here.


I feel like this is the most interesting part of the case. "Don't look much into it". What is that? Townies should be comfortable with others analysing them. In fact, the more townies do that, the less scum will be able to sway them.
I don't like his overly town attitude ("my town" etc.) and the fact that (apart from a few weak attacks on Mocsta), he didn't analyse anybody yet.

##FoS: WaveOfShadow
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 16:29 GMT
#484
Good question sevryn. I suppose because more than 1 vote could pressure him more to actually post?

Does it make sense for us to all vote the same zero-post player, or spread out our anti-lurker votes among all the zero-post players?

The point is to lynch lurkers, not just vote for them. But we're also pretty far from the deadline.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 11 2013 16:33 GMT
#485
Yeah warbaby, i'm not sure that everybody hopping on a random lurker who hasn't piped up to defend themselves is the greatest idea with around 30 hours to go until lynch. It isn't that I have a problem with pressure votes, but they do seem fairly meaningless this far in advance. I would have though it more kosher for you to target one of the other 2 lurkers, if nothing else.

Regarding the WaveOfShadow case, I see some merit there but I'm still not here to lynch posting players unless more comes up. I agree with Mandalor about what part of the case is compelling. Unprompted soft AND hard town claims with some fairly stupid follow up excuses.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 16:35 GMT
#486
On February 12 2013 01:33 Sn0_Man wrote:
I would have though it more kosher for you to target one of the other 2 lurkers, if nothing else.


2 lurkers with 1 vote each are not going to feel much pressure. Pressure only works if the person you're pressuring actually thinks there's a chance they're going to be lynched if they don't respond to the pressure.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Sevryn
Profile Joined September 2010
698 Posts
February 11 2013 16:38 GMT
#487
yes but your only putting pressure on one lurker. and there is a pretty good chance a townie is scum so if you are going to pressure vote lurkers you should pressure vote all of them so they post and you can get a real read. any pressure vote now however is not going to be very effective because you came out and said it was just for pressure. LAL should not even be seriously considered until closer to the end of day 1 IMO when we will actually lynch the lurkers
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 11 2013 16:38 GMT
#488
On February 12 2013 01:29 warbaby wrote:
Good question sevryn. I suppose because more than 1 vote could pressure him more to actually post?


No chance. As somebody who lurked (actually AFK'd) a day 1, I can assure you that multiple votes doesn't change anything. the first one may spark a comment if he is actually lurking, but my money is on "still haven't really checked/caught up with the thread yet". IMO spreading the pressure is more effective (ONLY ON LURKERS).

On February 12 2013 01:29 warbaby wrote:
The point is to lynch lurkers, not just vote for them. But we're also pretty far from the deadline.

No, the point is to get lurkers to be active. Failing that, to lynch them yes, but right now in happyland nobody would lurk and we would have free reign to lynch our best scumreads. Shouldn't really do that with lurkers floating around (see: last game).
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 11 2013 16:39 GMT
#489
On February 12 2013 01:33 Sn0_Man wrote:
Regarding the WaveOfShadow case, I see some merit there but I'm still not here to lynch posting players unless more comes up.


That's the thing -- he's not posting anymore.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
February 11 2013 16:40 GMT
#490
@zarepth On the first couple of reads I like the case. I'll come back with more after my test. Wish me luck!
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 11 2013 16:40 GMT
#491
On February 12 2013 01:38 Sevryn wrote:
there is a pretty good chance a townie is scum


I'm assuming this was just a horrible mixup of words? Because this doesn't look good for you...
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 16:44 GMT
#492
On February 12 2013 01:38 Sevryn wrote:
yes but your only putting pressure on one lurker. and there is a pretty good chance a townie is scum so if you are going to pressure vote lurkers you should pressure vote all of them so they post and you can get a real read. any pressure vote now however is not going to be very effective because you came out and said it was just for pressure. LAL should not even be seriously considered until closer to the end of day 1 IMO when we will actually lynch the lurkers


You're right, we shouldn't consolidate LAL votes until much closer to the deadline. But what is even the point of putting 1 vote on each lurker? It's not going to make them feel much pressure if there's (at that time) no chance of them actually being lynched.

Anyway, you are right that we shouldn't consolidate now. I didn't think of that -- I'm trying to get work done today and I'm not paying 100% attention to the game right now (I work Mon-Fri 9-5 EST).

##Unvote

Voting nobody for now. Still FoS WaveofShadow.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Sevryn
Profile Joined September 2010
698 Posts
February 11 2013 16:44 GMT
#493
wow yes It was part of a sentence about how probable it is that a lurker is a townie with how many lurkers there are. my text got jumbled.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 11 2013 16:44 GMT
#494
On February 12 2013 01:39 zarepath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2013 01:33 Sn0_Man wrote:
Regarding the WaveOfShadow case, I see some merit there but I'm still not here to lynch posting players unless more comes up.


That's the thing -- he's not posting anymore.


If you expect EVERYBODY to respond inside 11 hours then you might be disappointed. If I had to guess, he posted that, went to bed fairly shortly after, then woke up this morning and went to work/school. He'll get back to us with about 24-26 hours left to lynch. This is educated guessing based on both of us living in Canada (so I have a rough idea of his timezone). Not everybody can play from work or w/e.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Sevryn
Profile Joined September 2010
698 Posts
February 11 2013 16:45 GMT
#495
EBWODP: @ snoman
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 11 2013 16:51 GMT
#496
Fair enough, sno, I just realized he did say he had to go do something RL related.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 11 2013 16:55 GMT
#497
Personally, I think geript is getting a bit of a free ride with a bunch of low-content posts designed to look "active" without really helping town or pushing much of an agenda. Long post to follow once I finish it (be warned).
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 11 2013 16:56 GMT
#498
Good luck on your test, geript.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 11 2013 17:21 GMT
#499
My review of geript:

At the start of the game (utterly disregarding pre-game), geript leads with some lighthearted banter-style posts, pretty much continuing the pre-game:

+ Show Spoiler [Fluff Posts] +
On February 11 2013 09:38 geript wrote:
/confirm
/this time for realz
Both geript and warbaby are self admitted to be terrible. In the interest in addition through subtraction, I suggest people make an argument as to which is better to keep.

##vote warbaby

On February 11 2013 09:47 geript wrote:
@Warbaby, did Mr. Bimble tell you to post that?



That out of the way, geript proceeds with some "content" posts. These are short posts that seem primarily aimed at, well, establishing a non-fluff presence in town. They seem pretty null to me.
+ Show Spoiler [warning: this one is decently large] +
On February 11 2013 09:51 geript wrote:
Mocsta: four people one way or another have responded in the negatory to RNG vote. That in the least is enough to negate the usefulness of RNG vote. Please cease your discussion of RNG as it is more likely to be a waste of time (both posting and rereading) at this point.

On February 11 2013 09:58 geript wrote:
@Cora can we please keep the tone constructive. Turning people directly towards an emotional response is worthless right now.

@Mcosta please reread my post. I did not say it was a majority at all, just that it was enough to negate any perceived value of RNG.

On February 11 2013 10:29 geript wrote:
My point was thus: should everyone else adhere to RNG, 4 votes represents a voting majority in most cases. This it is better to ignore RNG as the benefits it has/may have (dependent on viewpoint) are negated by an outside majority. /done with talking about RNG.

On February 11 2013 12:00 geript wrote:
@Sn0_man. If the English discussion/correction was irrelevant, why post it?

On February 11 2013 12:30 geript wrote:
I find it to be a rhetorical question in that things irrelevant to the game aren't worth discussing.

My WB vote is just an opening I wanted to try out that got outpaced by RNG. I for one am fine with addition by subtraction as a policy as I feel it is the basis for both the Lynch All Lurkers policy--in that lurkers add little to nothing-- and is the basis of scum hunting--in that they tend to actively try to detract from discussion through inaction, burying and misdirection.

On February 11 2013 12:46 geript wrote:
I mean that the general concept of it: make the town better by removing the person(s) with the least qualitative additions. We are either removing detractors (thus net gain) or removing scum (actual gain).
## change vote unvote

On February 11 2013 13:22 geript wrote:
I would argue that removing room to hide is important as it forces scum to constantly be better than the guy in last place. If scum can in fact beat the curve so to speak, then it's the bottom end's fault for not making their role/side clear. I wouldn't blame to top end for voting out scummiest/least town-like in that case. I would argue least qualitative = least town-like; note that's qualitative not quantitative. Bare minimum does not automatically equal least qualitative.



Having established his interest in "Addition by Subtraction" (a legitimate idea, though poorly explained), he moves on to his one big post (also his first post today).

+ Show Spoiler [Geript's big post] +
On February 12 2013 01:11 geript wrote:
I do think warbaby is town. On points 1 and 2: While this is a newbie game, I don't think that taking his townie claim or referencing 36 as anything other than a null read. Sorry, but I'm not seeing the point you're making in 4 either. As I read:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 13:54 warbaby wrote:
Since we've both posted plenty, how about we not post for a while?

more as trying to get the town as a whole involved rather than have Mcosta posting incessantly as he has been. While I agree on point 3, that warbaby hasn't really partaken in scum hunting, I don't think that this is a good measure of town v scum 6 hours into D1. To be honest, your case feels more like a gag.

My concern would moreso be Mocsta.
1. He seems unconcerned as to who to throw towards the vote
While some may read it as him aggressively trying to test the town, I read his posts and various switches and tests as just trying to see where he can gain traction. As well, he jumps on the first person having any real traction.
2. He doesn't even read his own posts
First, he calls Warbaby's generic opening scummy when it's null at best. Next he tacks on his own important notes, and finally he calls Warbaby's initial post null.
3. He has diarrhea of the keyboard


Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 09:55 Mocsta wrote:
Post consolidation definitely important. No need to hear every thought. But this is no excuse for lurking either.

Additionally, he brings ups the post consolidation point which he actively avoids.

Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 09:52 Mocsta wrote:
Did not realise 4 people represented a majority in this game.
Why dont you give others a chance to post their own thoughts instead of trying to forcefully influence them before they have spoken.
Are you trying for a dictatorship here or something?

Here he's accusing me, in effect, of running for mayor all while pushing his RNG agenda heavily.

Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 11:36 Mocsta wrote:
See you guys in 12 hours.

Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 14:15 Mocsta wrote:\
I thought you said you were going to take a break from posting anyways....

Blames warbaby for coming back to post 2 times after 'taking a break' when Mocsta has posted 8.

At best, all this comes off as unintentional bad play. At worst it's an overexcited scum player. I find the latter more believable and either way I feel better about lynching him currently than lynching a lurker.



A few things to highlight in the post above:
1) A town read on warbaby. While he gives OK reasons for a null read, I didn't really see any justification for "I do think warbaby is town".
2) A target that is distinctly not "addition by subtraction" based. Mocsta isn't a low-content poster. Sure most of his posts are bleh but at least he is making them.
3) Most of geript's points are based on ad-hominem attacks on mocsta and his style rather than on his play and contributions. I mean, I don't like Mocsta or his style either, but I think this game he has begun making real contributions to town. Rather than outline stuff that is scummy, geript is focusing on more peripheral stuff.

Basically, I thought that yesterday, geript said a bunch of nothing while trying to look active, then today he made a big bullshit case trying to look like he was contributing.

Not really clear scum, but not enough good things to deserve the easy ride he has had. I'm not voting him because I don't see the value in voting 30+ hours pre-deadline, and I thing "FoS"s are retarded, but I will say that geript has my attention.
PS: geript's entire filter is in there minus his most recent fluff post. just btw.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
February 11 2013 17:32 GMT
#500
[image loading] Count Vote:

9-BiT (1): Mandalor
warbaby (1): Mocsta
WaveofShadow (1): zarepath

Not Voting (10): cDgCorazon, 9-BiT, Sevryn, WaveofShadow, Sn0_Man, Macheji, glurio, geript, Sylencia, warbaby


Currently, 9-bit is set to be lynched! (due to tiebreakers)
~31.5 hours remaining until deadline.
Remember you have to vote!
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 248
SteadfastSC 116
Nina 105
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2294
910 61
Bale 14
Super Smash Bros
PPMD51
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1040
Other Games
summit1g5977
Grubby2295
shahzam584
C9.Mang0190
Liquid`Ken2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 63
• Hupsaiya 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21240
Other Games
• imaqtpie867
• Shiphtur241
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 32m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 32m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.