• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:27
CEST 02:27
KST 09:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8013 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVII - Page 23

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 92 Next
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 14:53 GMT
#441
On February 11 2013 23:41 zarepath wrote:
Yeah, this feels a lot like the last time we mislynched warbaby so far. I'm not saying there's nothing there, but it is very easy to rile this guy up and get confirmation bias. We still have a lot of Day 1 left and a lot of people to consider still, and I think that if warbaby's detractors are satisfied with the evidence in his defense, we should look at some other people and allow warbaby to take a step back himself and make some of his own reads. If by the end of the day, you still think warbaby is the scummiest, go ahead and make a case and vote for him. But let's proactively avoid tunnel visioning here.

zarepath,

I am happy to follow suit with this, I think it is a good idea.

Why limit our selves to warbaby with 38hrs left on the clock.

His filter comments are transparent enough; so may as well start pursuing the next scum read.

Hopefully the USA shift (and remaining non-posters) pick up activity over the next 6-8 hours.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 11 2013 14:58 GMT
#442
The problem is, Zare, that I'm not satisfied with his defense.

My points were:
1. Claiming "not mafia rofl" too hard.
2. Continuing to play the victim from last NMM.
3. Lack of scumhunting.
4. Trying to stop conversation when the pressure was on him.

He's answered none of them (not much to answer for #1) and he's basically dodging my argument and whining that he should not be lynched because of his play last game.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 14:59 GMT
#443
On February 11 2013 23:51 warbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 23:46 Mocsta wrote:I think a town player is confident in their role PM and has no need to be this hysterical, derogatory or ad-hominem so early.


This is amusing coming from the guy making a bunch of hysterical wall of text posts, desperate to appear to be scum hunting. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I call out stupid when I see it. This is confirmed by my meta (and the post-game analysis) in '36.

Dude, i dunno why your harping on about NMM 36.

This is 37, everything is reset.
Stop resting on the laurels of being MVP in one of the shittiest newbie games in TL history *sorry for the harsh tone, but the game was terrible.. that is the truth, i am genuinely sorry if it hurts to hear*


P.S. thanks, I find it interesting you now accuse me of not scum hunting.
It does seem coincidental you make this comment, shortly after glurio said the same thing?

If you feel truly feel this way, I suggest the same thing I did to Glurio, I am here for one hour. If you want to ask me questions, go ahead. I am all ears.
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 11 2013 15:02 GMT
#444
Mocsta, since you're here, I have a question for you.

Of the following, how scummy do these people look to you, and can you rank them?

geript, corazon, sn0_man, WaveofShadow, Mandalor, and glurio

Thanks in advance.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 15:04 GMT
#445
I don't have any questions for you, and I'm not accusing you of being scum, yet (when I accuse scums, I use FoS first).

I'm referencing '36 because my play this game mirrors '36, and I'm hoping someone with half a brain will understand my meta: I made useful suggestions on how town can play well, idiots mislynch me for terrible reasons and I try to defend myself while hunting scum. Except this time I'm sick of fending off idiots for the whole game.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 11 2013 15:07 GMT
#446
On February 12 2013 00:04 warbaby wrote:
I don't have any questions for you, and I'm not accusing you of being scum, yet (when I accuse scums, I use FoS first).

I'm referencing '36 because my play this game mirrors '36, and I'm hoping someone with half a brain will understand my meta: I made useful suggestions on how town can play well, idiots mislynch me for terrible reasons and I try to defend myself while hunting scum. Except this time I'm sick of fending off idiots for the whole game.


I'm pretty sure I made myself clear:

STOP TALKING ABOUT NMM 36. Your mislynch there does not make you an angel for this game. You're trying too hard to associate yourself with playing town and trying to exploit your mislynch last game to get easy town cred. It don't come easy, buddy...
Grubby's #1 Fan
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 15:09 GMT
#447
On February 12 2013 00:02 zarepath wrote:
Mocsta, since you're here, I have a question for you.

Of the following, how scummy do these people look to you, and can you rank them?

geript, corazon, sn0_man, WaveofShadow, Mandalor, and glurio

Thanks in advance.


Sn0_man;
Wave of Shadow; Glurio; Mandalor
Geript; Corazon;

basically, i want to see more from Sn0_Man the most.
Sn0_Man
Please share your thoughts on the warbaby case; are your for or against.



zarepath, I showed you mine, can you show me yours


Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 15:14 GMT
#448
On February 12 2013 00:07 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2013 00:04 warbaby wrote:
I don't have any questions for you, and I'm not accusing you of being scum, yet (when I accuse scums, I use FoS first).

I'm referencing '36 because my play this game mirrors '36, and I'm hoping someone with half a brain will understand my meta: I made useful suggestions on how town can play well, idiots mislynch me for terrible reasons and I try to defend myself while hunting scum. Except this time I'm sick of fending off idiots for the whole game.


I'm pretty sure I made myself clear:

STOP TALKING ABOUT NMM 36. Your mislynch there does not make you an angel for this game. You're trying too hard to associate yourself with playing town and trying to exploit your mislynch last game to get easy town cred. It don't come easy, buddy...

corazon,

im kinda shocked he's still pushing MVP stuff so hard.

Look we both played scum before, I am not sure if I would stick to my guns so hard under this type of pressure.

Because you have been under the gun Day1 before; do you think you would have stuck to your story like warbaby has?

Im asking because, I can see a townie in general sticking to his story if he truly thought it was an awesome idea (even if it was shit in the end.. e.g my RNG (which I still think is awesome lol))
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 15:18 GMT
#449
Your RNG idea wasn't even bad. We just needed to work it out in pre-game, and we failed. I was trying to support your ideas in pre-game, Mocsta (by pushing you to improve the idea).

It's hard to say that the people who have voted me are scum, since they are making effort in their case (even if I personally think it's a stupid case).

Sn0_man has not put in effort, he just made some noises about me and ditched out, without even an FoS. Is he egging on the bandwagon, and waiting to vote until it's a sure thing?
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 11 2013 15:19 GMT
#450
Warbaby looks scummy, but I don't see how you lynch somebody this active day 1. FWIW he looked something like this last game (although he was doing a lot more "scumhunting" and a lot less "plz don't lynch me I townie for sure")

For what it's worth mocsta I think that you too are looking kinda similar to the last game I played with you (minus a key difference in a post a while back about lynching lurkers and scum vs bad town). And we know what that entails.

What I really want are introductory posts from our remaining players 9-bit, severyn and macheji. Well, that and for warbaby to lose his victim card somewhere so that he stops playing it.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 15:20 GMT
#451
On February 12 2013 00:18 warbaby wrote:
Your RNG idea wasn't even bad. We just needed to work it out in pre-game, and we failed. I was trying to support your ideas in pre-game, Mocsta (by pushing you to improve the idea).

It's hard to say that the people who have voted me are scum, since they are making effort in their case (even if I personally think it's a stupid case).

Sn0_man has not put in effort, he just made some noises about me and ditched out, without even an FoS. Is he egging on the bandwagon, and waiting to vote until it's a sure thing?


EBWOP: I looked at sn0's filter and he didn't really attack me at all. So I retract that last sentence. I'll try to stop being less defensive.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 11 2013 15:21 GMT
#452
On February 12 2013 00:18 warbaby wrote:
Your RNG idea wasn't even bad. We just needed to work it out in pre-game, and we failed. I was trying to support your ideas in pre-game, Mocsta (by pushing you to improve the idea).

It's hard to say that the people who have voted me are scum, since they are making effort in their case (even if I personally think it's a stupid case).

Sn0_man has not put in effort, he just made some noises about me and ditched out, without even an FoS. Is he egging on the bandwagon, and waiting to vote until it's a sure thing?


As of the time you made this post, I hadn't even mentioned your name. Justification?
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 11 2013 15:21 GMT
#453
EBWOP lol I got ninjad
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 15:21 GMT
#454
EBWOP: I'll try to stop being so defensive*
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 15:23 GMT
#455
On February 12 2013 00:19 Sn0_Man wrote:
Warbaby looks scummy, but I don't see how you lynch somebody this active day 1.

Im asking for clarification here:

Are you suggesting if warbaby is your strongest scum read, you will not vote him due to activity?

Or am I misinterpreting?
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 11 2013 15:24 GMT
#456
On February 12 2013 00:14 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2013 00:07 cDgCorazon wrote:
On February 12 2013 00:04 warbaby wrote:
I don't have any questions for you, and I'm not accusing you of being scum, yet (when I accuse scums, I use FoS first).

I'm referencing '36 because my play this game mirrors '36, and I'm hoping someone with half a brain will understand my meta: I made useful suggestions on how town can play well, idiots mislynch me for terrible reasons and I try to defend myself while hunting scum. Except this time I'm sick of fending off idiots for the whole game.


I'm pretty sure I made myself clear:

STOP TALKING ABOUT NMM 36. Your mislynch there does not make you an angel for this game. You're trying too hard to associate yourself with playing town and trying to exploit your mislynch last game to get easy town cred. It don't come easy, buddy...

corazon,

im kinda shocked he's still pushing MVP stuff so hard.

Look we both played scum before, I am not sure if I would stick to my guns so hard under this type of pressure.

Because you have been under the gun Day1 before; do you think you would have stuck to your story like warbaby has?

Im asking because, I can see a townie in general sticking to his story if he truly thought it was an awesome idea (even if it was shit in the end.. e.g my RNG (which I still think is awesome lol))


I think the whole "sticking to the story" thing is just how Warbaby plays. He refuses to back down from anything before it is too late.

He's been talking about metas and trying to get town cred really easily. A townie would not try and get town cred, they would focus on hunting down the scum.

Only scum try to associate themselves with being town because they have to look pro-town: dropping suttle hints and referencing NMM 36 (in 9 different posts so far) is trying to associate oneself with being town. Town players do not care about being seen as town, they just want to hunt scum.

The fact of the matter is, Warbaby has ONLY worried about his town cred, and has not done real scumhunting (point #3 in my case). He gets really emotional and flustered from 2 random votes at the beginning (which I called out on one of them and both were rescinded) and refuses to answer the one case on him that was decent.

As for what I would do? I think this is a way different circumstance from XXXIII. I was basically playing the worst D1 possible, far worse than anything WB has done so far. I didn't claim a role or do anything similar (he hasn't scum-slipped like I did either).
Grubby's #1 Fan
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 11 2013 15:28 GMT
#457
On February 12 2013 00:23 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2013 00:19 Sn0_Man wrote:
Warbaby looks scummy, but I don't see how you lynch somebody this active day 1.

Im asking for clarification here:

Are you suggesting if warbaby is your strongest scum read, you will not vote him due to activity?

Or am I misinterpreting?


Day 1 boils down to lynching a lurker (unless blatant scum misplays). Warbaby is pretty far from actually slipping up enough to be called sure scum, so right now I want to remove the non-contributing members of our game. Note that last game both scum located themselves squarely in the lurker pool. The game before that... well that was a bit different. One scum was super-active (you) and the other two replaced out.

I'm not saying I won't vote for warbaby, I'm saying we are very far from compelling evidence, and as such my plan currently is to vote a lurker. There is still a long time till first lynch so who knows who ends up being a low-value contributor (or what evidence may appear for certain lynches).
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 15:34 GMT
#458
I can agree with the second half of that logic (as expressed to zarepath earlier)

We can discuss lynching a lurker vs scum read later in Day1.

KK, lets move on.



corazon, are you happy to move on, and try to get more information from the remaining players?
i think the points you raise are valid, and have yet to see warbaby refute (maybe even acknowledge them); however, focusing on just warbaby for 35hrs may not be the best use of our time.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 11 2013 15:36 GMT
#459
On February 12 2013 00:34 Mocsta wrote:
I can agree with the second half of that logic (as expressed to zarepath earlier)

We can discuss lynching a lurker vs scum read later in Day1.

KK, lets move on.



corazon, are you happy to move on, and try to get more information from the remaining players?
i think the points you raise are valid, and have yet to see warbaby refute (maybe even acknowledge them); however, focusing on just warbaby for 35hrs may not be the best use of our time.


Yeah it's obvious Warbaby is not interested in actually refuting my argument. We shouldn't let (the other potential) scum get a free pass because of WB's play.

##unvote

You're still my #1 lynch candidate though Warbaby. The fact that I want to lynch you over someone who is lurking should be a wake-up call to you.
Grubby's #1 Fan
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 15:37 GMT
#460
You're giving me a wake-up call? That's rich.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings92
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O168
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 169
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1001
ZZZero.O 168
Bale 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
Doublelift4452
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Other Games
summit1g11423
JimRising 716
C9.Mang0298
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP111
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 34m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 34m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 34m
Replay Cast
22h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.