• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:17
CEST 16:17
KST 23:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9197 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVII - Page 21

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 92 Next
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 04:54 GMT
#401
On February 11 2013 13:50 Mocsta wrote:
warbaby, perhaps I am over-reading things; but when I last played scum, I did a very similar tact to yourself. Hence, I am a bit more aware of the cues to look out for.


Yes, you are over-reading things. Your scum play, which failed (and thus is not worthy of being copied) seemed to be based on posting so much off-base over analysis of everything that you literally drowned out any voice of reason in the legitimate town.

My posts so far have either been suggesting ways town can play better (my first post) or helping town keep track of who's posted, and who hasn't.

Since we've both posted plenty, how about we not post for a while?
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 11 2013 04:58 GMT
#402
I love how Mocsta just accused WB of trying to associate him with town and then WB just hard-claims town.

@WB: Do you mean VT or some other blue role? If it makes you feel better, you have a 100% telling-the-truth rate when it comes to claiming roles.

@Waveofshadow (WoS from now on): You don't own the town. It is the town. We all care about it collectively. It's a socialist concept thrown into the English language. Stop pretending that you own all of us.
Grubby's #1 Fan
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 04:59 GMT
#403
On February 11 2013 13:54 WaveofShadow wrote:
Warbaby, this sure as hell is my town as I'm a part of it and I care about it. I'm not sure where you got the idea that I'm telling or leading people not to think for themselves or that I'm doing something stupid.


That's cool. The more important point I was trying to make is that towns need to think for themselves -- cooperation is necessary but I also value an independent mind.

Trying to boss people around at this point won't help, but you're right that you aren't the person doing that the most right now (I'd say it's Mocsta, but that's just his ego showing).
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 05:01 GMT
#404
On February 11 2013 13:58 cDgCorazon wrote:
@WB: Do you mean VT or some other blue role? If it makes you feel better, you have a 100% telling-the-truth rate when it comes to claiming roles.


I won't claim my actual role right now (just that my alignment is not mafia rofl), but if we get to a point later (d2+) where others are considering claiming, I will not hesitate this time.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 05:11 GMT
#405
On February 11 2013 13:54 warbaby wrote:
My posts so far have either been suggesting ways town can play better (my first post) or helping town keep track of who's posted, and who hasn't.

Action: "Suggest ways town can play better"
Tell: "Null"

Action: "summary list of postings"
Tell: "Null"



Think long and hard before responding, if you want to counter and say that those actions are indeed pro-town.

Anyone can do those actions; it comes down to whether genuinely trying to create a solid atmosphere; or trying to score easy town cred.

That you want to cease discourse when we are finally getting somewhere, is disconcerting to say the least.

The ball is in your court on how to proceed.

WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 11 2013 05:12 GMT
#406
On February 11 2013 13:58 cDgCorazon wrote:
I love how Mocsta just accused WB of trying to associate him with town and then WB just hard-claims town.

@WB: Do you mean VT or some other blue role? If it makes you feel better, you have a 100% telling-the-truth rate when it comes to claiming roles.

@Waveofshadow (WoS from now on): You don't own the town. It is the town. We all care about it collectively. It's a socialist concept thrown into the English language. Stop pretending that you own all of us.

Jeez you guys are sensitive. In no way did I insinuate that I am the leader or that I own you guys, nor am I or have I ever bossed anyone around thus far in the game; people need to stop looking for things to be offended about when there is nothing. Makes you look scummy.
Alright no more posting until I get something RL-related done but I leave with this final thing.

Warbaby, if you are soft-claiming blue, I would have thought you had learned from previous NMM; blue claim is really not a good idea this early into the game.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 05:15 GMT
#407
On February 11 2013 14:01 warbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 13:58 cDgCorazon wrote:
@WB: Do you mean VT or some other blue role? If it makes you feel better, you have a 100% telling-the-truth rate when it comes to claiming roles.


I won't claim my actual role right now (just that my alignment is not mafia rofl), but if we get to a point later (d2+) where others are considering claiming, I will not hesitate this time.

Since we mass claiming alignment.

My alignment is not mafia either rofl; is this what you meant by effective scum hunting?

I thought you said you were going to take a break from posting anyways....
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 11 2013 05:46 GMT
#408
##Vote: Warbaby

Congratulations WB, it's been 5 hours and I already think you are scum.

I'm going to break this down into a few points:

1. Your "I'm not Mafia rofl" claim.
The biggest problem is that you have claimed town within the first 4 hours. You not only claimed town, but you're basically waving a giant sign that says "HEY LOOK EVERYONE, I'M TOWN". The nature of your claim is ridiculous, almost too much.
Examples:
On February 11 2013 13:41 warbaby wrote:

So you have a problem with me claiming that I'm being pro-town? You clearly did not read the post-game analysis in '36. Claiming town is not a scummy thing to do.

I'm not trying to trick you into thinking I'm town.

Corazon was town in '36 and so am I, right now, in '37.


You're coming on way too strong with this claim for me to believe it.

2. Continuing to play the victim from the mislynch in NMM 36.
Examples:
Warbaby

"Also whatever guys, if you want to vote me for posting good ideas for town that you agree with, go ahead. That's why I got mislynched in '36 and now it's up for nomination as the worst lynch in 2013. I suppose you want to top '36 by mislynching me D1? :D"

"I had to defend myself against these ridiculous claims in '36, until I was finally mislynched for it."



It's another part in trying to associate yourself too hard with being townie. You need to get it through your head that this isn't XXXVI anymore. We're all sorry for the mislynch last game, but you need to come in here and forget about it. It's a whole different game with different players. Stop trying to stay in the past.

3. Your lack of scumhunting.
Goes without saying, you've done none of it yet. All the jabs you made at Mocsta have been points that myself and other people have discussed to death already. Bring something new to the table.

4. Trying to change the subject when the pressure is on you.
On February 11 2013 13:54 warbaby wrote:
Since we've both posted plenty, how about we not post for a while?

This is the scummiest part. If you are town, you should be trying to prove that your claim is true, and not kill discussion right when it starts to pick up.

For these reasons, you are getting my vote for the time being. If you are really town, you should have no trouble proving your innocence.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
February 11 2013 09:41 GMT
#409
On February 11 2013 14:01 warbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 13:58 cDgCorazon wrote:
@WB: Do you mean VT or some other blue role? If it makes you feel better, you have a 100% telling-the-truth rate when it comes to claiming roles.


I won't claim my actual role right now (just that my alignment is not mafia rofl), but if we get to a point later (d2+) where others are considering claiming, I will not hesitate this time.


I got up to here on the bus, and spent a bit of time working out the reasoning behind this blue claim so early on:

If he's scum, a way to extend his life through the chance he is telling the truth. Problem is the plan is spoiled when he doesn't die on night 1 - since he would be a prime candidate for a kill.

If he's actually blue, dumb move unless he plans to Vig shot someone on night 1 and hoping for a 1:1 trade? Alternatively if he's a vet aiming to prolong the life of the town - but even then that's a questionable move.

Being the SK with bulletproof wouldn't help too much since he will still end up suffering the same fate as the Vig of being shot over 2 nights. Helps town more than scum.

VT taking a bullet for the team is also a possibility here, but I don't understand why such a seed needs to be planted to early on.

Basically, I'm leaning towards either scum or vig on warbaby.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 09:55 GMT
#410
Its tough, there are a myriad of reasons why he has taken the actions he has; and it is easy to WIFOM ourselves to oblivion.
I have no idea why he has made the references he did; its just odd play in general.

I think the easiest approach is to, wait for warbaby explanation to corazon's valid points; and adjust pressure as necessary.

I believe it is still bedtime for him; so hopefully some of the other inactives start contributing
Mandalor
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Germany2362 Posts
February 11 2013 11:40 GMT
#411
Gooooooooood Mooooooorning, Tooooowwwn!

Okay I just caught up with the thread and I'm really happy we threw that RNG thing out of the window (I guess). I'll be making a longer post with some statistical data to prove my point, but I would very much like to put constant pressure on lurkers.

Concerning warbaby, I'd like to wait for his response to Corazon to maybe understand his intentions.
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 11:45 GMT
#412
How can I forget about my mislynch in 36 when within ten minutes of this game starting two people vote me for the same bullshit reasons I was miskynched for in 36?

You guys are repeating your mistakes from 36, plain and simple. Maybe you're bad at mafia, and you're jealous that I actually tried to make contributions that could help town, instead of waving my dick around.

I honestly don't give a shit anymore. Go ahead and mislynch me, so I can make fun of you all (again) in the obs qt. Maybe I'll even be named town MVP again (it's not hard with competition like this).
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 11:52 GMT
#413
Mandalor.

I know u want revenge for me.
But spending time trying to kick a guy when he is on the floor. I.e. prove something is dead when it is indeed dead....
reads to me as trying to contribute without contributing.

Since u talking about lurkers. Can i assume ur in luv with geript?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 11:57 GMT
#414
On February 11 2013 20:45 warbaby wrote:
How can I forget about my mislynch in 36 when within ten minutes of this game starting two people vote me for the same bullshit reasons I was miskynched for in 36?

You guys are repeating your mistakes from 36, plain and simple. Maybe you're bad at mafia, and you're jealous that I actually tried to make contributions that could help town, instead of waving my dick around.

I honestly don't give a shit anymore. Go ahead and mislynch me, so I can make fun of you all (again) in the obs qt. Maybe I'll even be named town MVP again (it's not hard with competition like this).

I waited 8 hours for THAT...

##vote: warbaby

I never seen a town player defend themselves so meekly early game.it shows complete lack of care. Logicial deduction. U must be scum. good find corazon. Perhaps i wad wrong with RNG
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 11:57 GMT
#415
On February 11 2013 18:41 Sylencia wrote:
If he's actually blue, dumb move unless he plans to Vig shot someone on night 1 and hoping for a 1:1 trade? Alternatively if he's a vet aiming to prolong the life of the town - but even then that's a questionable move.

Being the SK with bulletproof wouldn't help too much since he will still end up suffering the same fate as the Vig of being shot over 2 nights. Helps town more than scum.

VT taking a bullet for the team is also a possibility here, but I don't understand why such a seed needs to be planted to early on.

Basically, I'm leaning towards either scum or vig on warbaby.


Are you fucking dense? Scum already knows who the towns are. All I'm saying is I'm town. They (the scum) already know that.

I could give away more information (like a blue role) later on, but I haven't done that yet. Why are you saying I'm claiming a blue role when I've done nothing of the sort?

You must be fucking dense.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 11:59 GMT
#416
On February 11 2013 14:46 cDgCorazon wrote:
This is the scummiest part. If you are town, you should be trying to prove that your claim is true, and not kill discussion right when it starts to pick up.

For these reasons, you are getting my vote for the time being. If you are really town, you should have no trouble proving your innocence.


I was trying to get Mocsta to shut up because he's an idiot and bad at this game (look at his play in the non-newbie games, it's atrocious and people have called him out for it).
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 12:04 GMT
#417
Wow warbaby.

Way to go just calling everyone dumb.

And u think u were a proponent of a pro-town friendly atmosphere.

Ur last 3 posts are anything but that.

Just cos u scum doesnt mean u have to be out of line like this.. Seriously. Esp when u called out corazon for this behaviour earlier.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 12:06 GMT
#418
On February 11 2013 20:59 warbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 14:46 cDgCorazon wrote:
This is the scummiest part. If you are town, you should be trying to prove that your claim is true, and not kill discussion right when it starts to pick up.

For these reasons, you are getting my vote for the time being. If you are really town, you should have no trouble proving your innocence.


I was trying to get Mocsta to shut up because he's an idiot and bad at this game (look at his play in the non-newbie games, it's atrocious and people have called him out for it).

Firstly. U obviously have not read the games. What u say is simply not true.

Secondly it is against rules to discuss ongoing games. Pls dont reference me in live games again..
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 12:12 GMT
#419
Sorry, I'm upset. What happened to me so far this game:

1) I made a pro-town post. How am I supposed to make a pro-town post without soft claiming town? It's not possible.
2) I get attacked for claiming town D1, just like I did in '36'
3) Now I can't post anything, because I'm accused of dodging the (bullshit) accusations against me. If I call out the accusations as bullshit produced by small minds (which they are), then I'm accused of defending myself from the accusations against me. Wat?

It's a catch-22, just like in '36. And like in '36, I plead people to look at my filter and see how I was trying to be helpful, trying to make decent contributions for town, and am literally being shit all over as a result.

Since I was told after '36 that my play as town was not bad, I tried to play the same this game (because, shockingly, I'm town in this game as well). Apparently that was bad advice?

So I'm sick of it. Apparently posting actually useful pro-town advice at the beginning of a newbie game is too much for the newbies to handle.

Since the whole thread is now de-railed into this bullshit case against me, I can't even contribute anything useful anymore without being accused of dodging. So, honestly, I don't give a shit. It's a newbie game. I could still win as town if you mislynch me (like in '36).

So have at it.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 12:13 GMT
#420
On February 11 2013 21:06 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 20:59 warbaby wrote:
On February 11 2013 14:46 cDgCorazon wrote:
This is the scummiest part. If you are town, you should be trying to prove that your claim is true, and not kill discussion right when it starts to pick up.

For these reasons, you are getting my vote for the time being. If you are really town, you should have no trouble proving your innocence.


I was trying to get Mocsta to shut up because he's an idiot and bad at this game (look at his play in the non-newbie games, it's atrocious and people have called him out for it).

Firstly. U obviously have not read the games. What u say is simply not true.

Secondly it is against rules to discuss ongoing games. Pls dont reference me in live games again..


I was referencing LIX, which is over.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech140
CosmosSc2 36
Railgan 30
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48910
Shuttle 7836
FanTaSy 1591
BeSt 650
Horang2 528
Larva 206
Soma 154
Sexy 140
Last 128
Mind 104
[ Show more ]
Pusan 96
Zeus 91
hero 76
ggaemo 73
Hyun 71
Sea.KH 71
Aegong 56
Killer 53
Snow 48
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 25
PianO 25
NaDa 19
Rock 17
JYJ 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
zelot 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4141
qojqva2248
Dendi1173
420jenkins629
XcaliburYe242
Counter-Strike
fl0m2961
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor800
Liquid`Hasu670
Other Games
B2W.Neo979
Beastyqt622
Mlord437
byalli401
Livibee214
Hui .182
ArmadaUGS121
QueenE68
Mew2King62
KnowMe54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream63
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3110
Other Games
• WagamamaTV122
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
44m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 44m
Replay Cast
8h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 44m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
20h 44m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 20h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.