• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:22
CEST 21:22
KST 04:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9794 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVII - Page 19

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 92 Next
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 01:21 GMT
#361
On February 11 2013 10:16 Sn0_Man wrote:
In other news, RNG lynch is still retarded and thankfully everybody with a brain has said no to it. I'd prefer if we avoided discussing it further.

This is precisely the type of retarded arguments Im talking about reducing. What.. because you say it is retarded, it is now case closed.

Is this how you plan to build cases Sn0_Man, if so, why is there any value for town keeping you here?

Im suggesting an open forum of communication; which appears at first read, 180 degrees from your suggestion.


Mocsta: I certainly hope you can bring yourself to post differently from last newb game you were in. You are not off on the right foot. Side-note: Misspelling and attempts to impress with words that you don't actually understand don't earn brownie points, although I'll have to admit they are hardly scumtells. + Show Spoiler [bad english] +
On February 11 2013 10:02 Mocsta wrote:
How do you plan to build a case on scum, if you can't even succintly manifest your thoughts on RNG.


Lets see
succintly: "with concise and precise brevity; to the point; "Please state your case as succinctly as possible"; "he wrote compactly.."

manifest: "Display or show (a quality or feeling) by one's acts or appearance; demonstrate: "manifest signs of depression""

I dont see any problems with my English above. I am not sure if English is your first language, so I will not treat this as an attempt by scum to mock me publicly.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 01:22 GMT
#362
On February 11 2013 10:18 cDgCorazon wrote:
And calling me scum is a really stupid thing to say 30 minutes into a game. I'm assuming you are going to give me reasons why I am scum based off of my 4 posts?

Its just banter, you know how it goes.

I do think your behaviour last game was the antithesis of pro-town.

If you did it two games in a row, I would consider it scummy motives.

For now yes its just banter.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 11 2013 01:24 GMT
#363
On February 11 2013 10:21 Mocsta wrote:
I dont see any problems with my English above. I am not sure if English is your first language, so I will not treat this as an attempt by scum to mock me publicly.


Try not to be so offensive Mocsta... "succinctly" is not a word in the English language.

And South Africa was colonized by the British for a long time so I'm pretty sure English is his first language...
Grubby's #1 Fan
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
February 11 2013 01:29 GMT
#364
My point was thus: should everyone else adhere to RNG, 4 votes represents a voting majority in most cases. This it is better to ignore RNG as the benefits it has/may have (dependent on viewpoint) are negated by an outside majority. /done with talking about RNG.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 01:30 GMT
#365
On February 11 2013 10:16 cDgCorazon wrote:
I do believe pushing for RNG is being "Mayor-like". It's pushing for a move that affects the whole town.

Noted. I didn't think of it like that. I was excited by the concept. But you are right; it is being like mayor.
Look, the idea is out there, if people ask me questions I will respond about it; otherwise, will stop actively pursuing it. Hopefully someone else cares enough to carry the torch.

Fine then Mocsta, why should we let RNG decide who should be lynched? Why can't we put enough faith in our own abilities to find scum?

I love having confidence in my scum hunting abilities. The track record speaks for itself. (not good)
I am not sure if anyone here has a track record of successfully nailing scum without mislynches.
There is nothing wrong with confidence, but please note the Krueger effect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
RNG is an easy to implement deterrent to this.

Only scum would still be ok with this policy because they are not forced to scumhunt, only jump on the RNG idea and hope that they don't get selected (which is a low chance mathematically).

Are you calling me scum?
May I remind you:
On February 11 2013 10:18 cDgCorazon wrote:
And calling me scum is a really stupid thing to say 30 minutes into a game. I'm assuming you are going to give me reasons why I am scum based off of my 4 posts?

Fact is, if a guy comes into the came with no posts 50% through Day1, and suggests RNG yeah I think its suspicious.
But ask yourself this, have I not been transparent with my intentions?
Ask yourself this; if I was scum and received the backlash I got pre-game, do you honestly think I would continue this pursuit.

This isn't my first time playing this game. I know that there are going to be a few people lurking D1, and I have faith that at least one of the will be scum. It would be a lot more prudent to try those odds instead of RNG-ing it.

Im not against this at all. Scum hunting doesnt have to be one-dimensional. Town can use multiple methods of attack to provoke scum into giving themselves up.
Lighting fires under lurkers, is but one method of attack.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 01:31 GMT
#366
On February 11 2013 10:24 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 10:21 Mocsta wrote:
I dont see any problems with my English above. I am not sure if English is your first language, so I will not treat this as an attempt by scum to mock me publicly.


Try not to be so offensive Mocsta... "succinctly" is not a word in the English language.

And South Africa was colonized by the British for a long time so I'm pretty sure English is his first language...


http://www.thefreedictionary.com/succinctly

succintly is an adverb

seriously does this actually need to be discussed.. its Off-Topic as far as I am concerned, and surprised it is even an issue.

its the internet, and people type short-hand all the time.

That you are choosing to continue this discussion is odd; this is the last I have to say on the matter.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 11 2013 01:33 GMT
#367
On February 11 2013 10:24 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 10:21 Mocsta wrote:
I dont see any problems with my English above. I am not sure if English is your first language, so I will not treat this as an attempt by scum to mock me publicly.


Try not to be so offensive Mocsta... "succinctly" is not a word in the English language.

And South Africa was colonized by the British for a long time so I'm pretty sure English is his first language...


Most white South-Africans speak Afrikaans as their first language not english. I'm Canadian and not ESL.

Mocsta's modus operandi is to be as offensive as possible. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell this is always scum-motivated (although from what I read of NMM 34 he posted the same way as town).

Succinctly is english, succintly isn't. Amusingly, I appear to be the only person who can differentiate between the two.

"Manifest", when used in its verb form, is not synonymous with "type", "say", or any other more accurate word you should have used.

Irrelevant discussion of english aside, @Mocsta: being as openly aggresive as you are is NOT helping town. You don't need to establish your dominance every time you post. If you continue to purposefully inflame the emotions of others in ALL your arguments I will see that as scum motivated.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 11 2013 01:35 GMT
#368
I have no interest in reading more from Mocsta tonight. I await contributions from the as-yet silent members of our game.

Cya tomorrow guys.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 11 2013 01:36 GMT
#369
Thank you for enhancing my vocabulary.... I only brought it up because I thought you were being rude (and after the last NMM I've had enough of that).

Anyways, I guess a good thing going for you is that no one else has "jumped on the RNG wagon". In reality, it's a stupid idea for the reasons I've stated above and if it was presented at any other time besides the early D1, it would basically be a distraction to the town.

Of course, many people have not posted yet, so I guess everyone will give their general input on RNG soon.

Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 11 2013 01:40 GMT
#370
On February 11 2013 10:33 Sn0_Man wrote:
Irrelevant discussion of english aside, @Mocsta: being as openly aggresive as you are is NOT helping town. You don't need to establish your dominance every time you post. If you continue to purposefully inflame the emotions of others in ALL your arguments I will see that as scum motivated.


I agree with this 100%. You were giving us all of this stuff pre-game about how you weren't gonna be town mayor, yet you are starting to create a hostile environment and trying to direct the discussion and the town action right off the get-go. Which Mocsta are you going to give us this game? The one you promised in pre-game or the one that you have shown in every game of NMM you have played? (Is there any other side of you to begin with?)
Grubby's #1 Fan
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 01:41 GMT
#371
Whatever Sn0_Man, get off your high horse as if you did not comprehend the intention behind the phrase.

As for openly aggressive, I find this ironic when you idea of a debate is saying "thats retarded, no".

As I said before, if that is how you intend to scum hunt; why are you of value to town?


The point of this game is to take a logical approach; removed of fallacy. What you are promoting is shifting away from that.


Perhaps I am taking it personal, which you are reading as dominating; but as I have said, I dont have a problem if you/anyone are/is against RNG. However at least have the courtesy to outline a genuine reason that clearly indicates you have put thought into it.

Instead, what you have done is immediately rubbish my idea (with no merit), and then belittle me (on inconsequential technicalities; of course I am going to stand up for myself.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 01:54 GMT
#372
On February 11 2013 10:40 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 10:33 Sn0_Man wrote:
Irrelevant discussion of english aside, @Mocsta: being as openly aggresive as you are is NOT helping town. You don't need to establish your dominance every time you post. If you continue to purposefully inflame the emotions of others in ALL your arguments I will see that as scum motivated.


I agree with this 100%. You were giving us all of this stuff pre-game about how you weren't gonna be town mayor, yet you are starting to create a hostile environment and trying to direct the discussion and the town action right off the get-go. Which Mocsta are you going to give us this game? The one you promised in pre-game or the one that you have shown in every game of NMM you have played? (Is there any other side of you to begin with?)

Dude I already said above I recognise what you were saying with RNG/mayor, and stepping away from it

Also, as I said in my last post to Sn0_Man (maybe written after you wrote this)

I am not going to let a guy come in here, and just rubbish my idea by stating its retarded.
That is not how to play the game, and is certainly not conducive to a friendly environment.

I believe I am advocating an open discussion; then look at what he is advocating.
Just because you have the same opinion, does not make his approach beneficial to town.

So yes, I agree my tone is sharp; but its hard to not be, when I receive responses like this. It is completely one-way.

e.g.
lets say you have a scum read on him. are you telling me, its acceptable for him to dismiss your case by saying 'no, thats retarded".
Knowing your play corazon, I expect you to think this is indeed not good enough.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 11 2013 01:59 GMT
#373
The post you quoted was directed toward your aggressive posts along with what I had said already.

In my opinion there's not much to say on why RNG is bad. It's just a really bad course to go. We don't need a million different reasons as to why it is bad.

Let me ask you Moc, if Sn0 had made reasons that were similar to mine as to why we shouldn't do RNG (or quoted my posts and said he agreed), how would you have reacted?
Grubby's #1 Fan
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 02:08 GMT
#374
Its hard to say; I dont actually have a problem if you or Sn0_Man or anyone else do not want RNG. [Just dont call it retarded as a reason for no]

But I did have a problem with him flaming me due to grammar.

If he did not understand the sentence, due to the incorrect usage of verbs whatever, than ask for clarification. I dont believe he asked for clarificaiton, which logically means it was an attempt to publicly mock me - why else bring attention to this. And I do not see how that really offers any benefit to Day 1 discussions.

So based on the "cheap-shot" flaming, would have probably carried a similar sentiment.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 11 2013 02:21 GMT
#375
On February 11 2013 11:08 Mocsta wrote:
Its hard to say; I dont actually have a problem if you or Sn0_Man or anyone else do not want RNG. [Just dont call it retarded as a reason for no]

But I did have a problem with him flaming me due to grammar.

If he did not understand the sentence, due to the incorrect usage of verbs whatever, than ask for clarification. I dont believe he asked for clarificaiton, which logically means it was an attempt to publicly mock me - why else bring attention to this. And I do not see how that really offers any benefit to Day 1 discussions.

So based on the "cheap-shot" flaming, would have probably carried a similar sentiment.

As far as I'm concerned, early game banter based on taking offense to others cheap shots or picking apart grammar is useless and should just be ignored.
I'm fairly sure at this point enough people have declined the RNG vote so the topic should be dropped by everyone.
Can the scumhunting begin now?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 02:23 GMT
#376
Lead the way WaveofShadow
##Unvote

Might need more people online first though.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 11 2013 02:29 GMT
#377
Alright, I will begin so that people don't assume I'm just waiting for others to start so that I can dip back into the shadows.
We don't have a lot to go on as there are still people in the thread who haven't even posted since the start of D1 (more than half, so no point listing them yet) so I'm going to be ballsy and let Mocsta know that I have my eye on him for filter burying. That being said it's really because it's way too early to have a solid scumread at this point, so unless more people come out of the woodwork (and we can get a soild read on them) I will be voting to lurker lynch D1.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 02:33 GMT
#378
Filter burying?

Please clarify
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 11 2013 02:35 GMT
#379
On February 11 2013 11:33 Mocsta wrote:
Filter burying?

Please clarify

You talk a lot, and it's not always useful.
Clarified.
Going to go eat and study. Will check on the thread every so often but I'm not expecting much activity for a while.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 02:35 GMT
#380
Wave of Shadow, as another starting point.

Warbaby raised some questions for discussion. I already answered them,b ut you are more than welcome to have a go, might stimulate further points.
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason179
BRAT_OK 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14592
Artosis 491
Mini 261
Dewaltoss 134
Mind 77
ZZZero.O 54
Hyun 38
Bale 24
NaDa 20
Dota 2
qojqva2773
420jenkins558
League of Legends
Doublelift132
Counter-Strike
fl0m4057
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5652
Khaldor1321
Liquid`Hasu1053
MindelVK17
Other Games
summit1g4981
FrodaN2000
B2W.Neo805
byalli649
ToD204
Mew2King49
Railgan45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1161
BasetradeTV233
StarCraft 2
angryscii 43
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 37
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 23
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• FirePhoenix7
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3745
Other Games
• imaqtpie885
• Shiphtur271
• WagamamaTV246
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 38m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 38m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 38m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.