• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:15
CEST 11:15
KST 18:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9244 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVII - Page 18

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 92 Next
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 00:46 GMT
#341
On February 11 2013 09:40 WaveofShadow wrote:
/confirm
I thought we had to wait until 20:00 but I guess since others are posting...

I'm completely against RNG lynch I'd much rather to lurker if possible if we need a Day 1 strategy.
Mocsta I saw in a game you were recently in (i'm kinda busy to check right now) someone suggested RNG lynch and everyone immediately dumped all over him for scum. Why should this game be any different?

Excellent question

no talking about current games sorry

so I will take a hypothetical situation

we in a game, and halfway through Day 1, someone randomly says lets RNG, and hey lets nominate guy #10

Conveniently this guy, doesnt include himself in the RNG count either... its just weird overall.




What I am proposing is nothing like that

#1 - I am more than willing to be lynched if selected by RNG

#2 - If RNG'd I will do scum hunt the best I can, to leave town in as good a situation as I can

#3 - I been talking about RNG pre-game so its not suspicious (like the last game) my motive for this is clear and transparant.

If you want me to produce a revised case for RNG, i shall oblige
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
February 11 2013 00:47 GMT
#342
@Warbaby, did Mr. Bimble tell you to post that?
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 11 2013 00:50 GMT
#343
Seriously can we drop the RNG shit? It's stupid to even think about it. Why play mafia if we are going to sit around and let RNG play the game instead of us?
Grubby's #1 Fan
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
February 11 2013 00:51 GMT
#344
Mocsta: four people one way or another have responded in the negatory to RNG vote. That in the least is enough to negate the usefulness of RNG vote. Please cease your discussion of RNG as it is more likely to be a waste of time (both posting and rereading) at this point.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 00:51 GMT
#345
On February 11 2013 09:43 warbaby wrote:
/confirm

I'd like to post basically the same thing I did at the beginning of NMM 36. Hopefully these simple points will help create a constructive town atmosphere.

  • Please do not lurk. People are busy and may have limited availability, but we should all expect a basic level of contribution from each other. Lynching lurkers (when appropriate) is fine by me.
  • Post succinctly. Try to be up to date on what's going on in the thread before you post, and try to consolidate your posts.
  • Don't be a jerk for no reason; try not to use personal insults and inflammatory language. Avoid OMGUS if possible.


I failed on the last 2 points in NMM 36, so I'm going to try to improve in that regard. I also will be more busy with work than I was during NMM 36, so I may not be posting as often (I'll try to make up for this by making higher quality posts).

GLHF everyone

P.S. Voting me for being terrible is clearly a great strategy. Waka waka!

Thats fuckn scummy as clone.

You want to post the same thing as another game when you were TOWN.

I did the same thing when I was scum you know.. you really are copying me arent you.

##Unvote
##Vote:Warbaby


you know geript, you really were onto something here
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 00:52 GMT
#346
On February 11 2013 09:51 geript wrote:
Mocsta: four people one way or another have responded in the negatory to RNG vote. That in the least is enough to negate the usefulness of RNG vote. Please cease your discussion of RNG as it is more likely to be a waste of time (both posting and rereading) at this point.

Did not realise 4 people represented a majority in this game.

Why dont you give others a chance to post their own thoughts instead of trying to forcefully influence them before they have spoken.

Are you trying for a dictatorship here or something?
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
February 11 2013 00:53 GMT
#347
Hey guys,

don't want to lynch with RNG, it seems to me stupid as hell.

My take on policy lurker lynch is the same as always: scumread -> scummy lurker -> lurker.

With that i'm going to bed now.
Good night.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 00:55 GMT
#348
On February 11 2013 09:43 warbaby wrote:
  • Please do not lurk. People are busy and may have limited availability, but we should all expect a basic level of contribution from each other. Lynching lurkers (when appropriate) is fine by me.
  • Post succinctly. Try to be up to date on what's going on in the thread before you post, and try to consolidate your posts.
  • Don't be a jerk for no reason; try not to use personal insults and inflammatory language. Avoid OMGUS if possible.


Agreed, no lurky lurk.

When appropriate is very loose wording, setting you up to change your agenda as you see fit.

My thoughts are: Im going to lynch my best scum read. If scum reads are ambiguous and cases are grasping at straws, I will RNG out of the pool of lurkers (no pun on RNG intended,m ore so how do you chose between 3 or 4 ppl with 1 post)

Post consolidation definitely important. No need to hear every thought. But this is no excuse for lurking either.

Will try my best. But do I really have to tolerate idiotic play. But yes. OMGUS is terrible and often scum motivation.
Theres a difference between OMGUS and making a well-reasoned counter-case.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
February 11 2013 00:58 GMT
#349
@Cora can we please keep the tone constructive. Turning people directly towards an emotional response is worthless right now.

@Mcosta please reread my post. I did not say it was a majority at all, just that it was enough to negate any perceived value of RNG.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 11 2013 01:02 GMT
#350
On February 11 2013 09:58 geript wrote:
@Cora can we please keep the tone constructive. Turning people directly towards an emotional response is worthless right now.


Please don't make that an issue unless it's a real problem.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 01:02 GMT
#351
On February 11 2013 09:58 geript wrote:
@Mcosta please reread my post. I did not say it was a majority at all, just that it was enough to negate any perceived value of RNG.

Dont be coy.

It was clear what you were subtley inferring.

If you dont like the RNG fine. Believe it or not, I dont have a problem with that.

But what I would like is a rational, well-reasoned answer to why not.

Thus far, the only people that have done that, are guys pre-game NOT EVEN IN THE GAME.

How do you plan to build a case on scum, if you can't even succintly manifest your thoughts on RNG.

No one is attacking the arguments for RNG. They are saying.. yucky I dont like that.

Is this the level of gameplay we are to expect in this newbie? If so, that is precisely WHY RNG is required.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 01:02 GMT
#352
On February 11 2013 10:02 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 09:58 geript wrote:
@Cora can we please keep the tone constructive. Turning people directly towards an emotional response is worthless right now.


Please don't make that an issue unless it's a real problem.

Actually considering your last game, I think he is right to point this out.

It was very off-putting to say the least. Your on watch.
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 01:02 GMT
#353
On February 11 2013 09:53 glurio wrote:
My take on policy lurker lynch is the same as always: scumread -> scummy lurker -> lurker.


Glurio posted this last game and I still agree with this rubric.

Also whatever guys, if you want to vote me for posting good ideas for town that you agree with, go ahead. That's why I got mislynched in '36 and now it's up for nomination as the worst lynch in 2013. I suppose you want to top '36 by mislynching me D1? :D
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 11 2013 01:03 GMT
#354
On February 07 2013 07:02 Mocsta wrote:
Caveat. Don't expect me to be the most active player this game. As one of the more experienced newbies I'm not going to try and be a town leader. Need to give others more of a chance. That doesn't mean won't be active, just I'm not going to mayor.


I'm hoping you're still going to adhere to this Moc.
Grubby's #1 Fan
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 11 2013 01:05 GMT
#355
On February 11 2013 09:50 cDgCorazon wrote:
Seriously can we drop the RNG shit? It's stupid to even think about it. Why play mafia if we are going to sit around and let RNG play the game instead of us?


Seconded. If we were going to do RNG we had negotiate it pre-game (to avoid scums manipulating it). We failed. There's no way I can agree to RNG now.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 01:09 GMT
#356
On February 11 2013 10:03 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2013 07:02 Mocsta wrote:
Caveat. Don't expect me to be the most active player this game. As one of the more experienced newbies I'm not going to try and be a town leader. Need to give others more of a chance. That doesn't mean won't be active, just I'm not going to mayor.


I'm hoping you're still going to adhere to this Moc.

Why is that?

Are you scared im gonna find all the scum Corazon, including you?

Any-who; did you see me leading questions everywhere? No. I stand by not trying to be the string puller this game. Other people need a chance to shine. Im just here to give them a hard time

Btw, i dont think me pushign for RNG has anythign to do with trying to mayor. Its a concept I believed in prior to this game starting, and so far, no one has quashed that belief by proper debate.

Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 11 2013 01:11 GMT
#357
On February 11 2013 10:05 warbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 09:50 cDgCorazon wrote:
Seriously can we drop the RNG shit? It's stupid to even think about it. Why play mafia if we are going to sit around and let RNG play the game instead of us?


Seconded. If we were going to do RNG we had negotiate it pre-game (to avoid scums manipulating it). We failed. There's no way I can agree to RNG now.

I can accept that as a valid argument.

If I was to contest it would be that, all points were raised in entirety pre-game. (i.e. cause / implementation / outcome / maintaining discussions)

That people did no comment then, and choose to now; is certainly not indicative of being scum. It is indicative of being interested in current matters to town. I would consider that alignment null, but at least its helping to differentiate actives from lurkers.
Thats a pro in itself.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 11 2013 01:16 GMT
#358
Hey the party started without me

Oh well. I blame host starting 1/2 hour early.

In other news, RNG lynch is still retarded and thankfully everybody with a brain has said no to it. I'd prefer if we avoided discussing it further.

Looking forward to hearing introductory posts from everybody.

Mocsta: I certainly hope you can bring yourself to post differently from last newb game you were in. You are not off on the right foot. Side-note: Misspelling and attempts to impress with words that you don't actually understand don't earn brownie points, although I'll have to admit they are hardly scumtells. + Show Spoiler [bad english] +
On February 11 2013 10:02 Mocsta wrote:
How do you plan to build a case on scum, if you can't even succintly manifest your thoughts on RNG.

LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 11 2013 01:16 GMT
#359
Fine then Mocsta, why should we let RNG decide who should be lynched? Why can't we put enough faith in our own abilities to find scum?

Only scum would still be ok with this policy because they are not forced to scumhunt, only jump on the RNG idea and hope that they don't get selected (which is a low chance mathematically).

This isn't my first time playing this game. I know that there are going to be a few people lurking D1, and I have faith that at least one of the will be scum. It would be a lot more prudent to try those odds instead of RNG-ing it.

I do believe pushing for RNG is being "Mayor-like". It's pushing for a move that affects the whole town.

You guys can do all of the RNG-shenanagans that you want, but don't expect me to go on board with them...
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 11 2013 01:18 GMT
#360
And calling me scum is a really stupid thing to say 30 minutes into a game. I'm assuming you are going to give me reasons why I am scum based off of my 4 posts?
Grubby's #1 Fan
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 5121
Horang2 480
Hyuk 364
BeSt 217
Hyun 103
Hm[arnc] 72
Killer 72
Shinee 68
sorry 57
ggaemo 51
[ Show more ]
Bonyth 42
Snow 42
Bale 35
Stork 34
JYJ 15
League of Legends
JimRising 516
Other Games
gofns23293
summit1g8950
singsing1585
Mew2King78
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick742
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 53
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2373
League of Legends
• Lourlo1420
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
45m
INu's Battles
2h 45m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 45m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 45m
Replay Cast
13h 45m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.