• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:32
CEST 21:32
KST 04:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9240 users

Chrono Trigger Mafia - Page 19

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 384 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 21 2012 03:45 GMT
#361
On November 21 2012 12:42 TheChronicler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 12:41 marvellosity wrote:
i wonder how long we can discuss this infinitely awful idea for.


Respond to my modified version?


if i'm leader and i choose my strongest 3 townreads, why the fuck do I want people who aren't strong reads on my team? I chose those 3 people for a reason.

People will be discussing who should potentially be in any party anyway. No-one is prevented from doing this, so giving them some arbitrary power to choose doesn't add anything.

When it comes down to it, you want the 4 people likeliest to be townie in the party.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
November 21 2012 03:45 GMT
#362
On November 21 2012 12:38 Hapahauli wrote:
@ Kier
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 12:17 Keirathi wrote:
I said I would vote marv, barring a scummy vibe from him. And, yes, I feel I have a decent grasp of when marv is acting scummy. The key is, though, that I thoroughly trust marv's ability to make town reads. In the event that he is scum, though, even a scum marv can't afford to pick other scum without some damn good reasoning that they are town, which I believe could be seen through.


No, nonononononnono. No.

First of all, marv is really aware of this part of his game and already compensated for it (i.e. "town read" on iamperfection in GSL III). Second of all, don't trust a hypothetical scum marv to include town people on the team. Hell for all we know electing a scum member as the party leader could be an auto-mission fail.

We need to vote someone as party leader who we are sure is town. Not rationalize picking a vet because he makes accurate "town reads" as either alignment. That's fucking stupid.

You have a point here. We don't actually know what would happen if scum is elected party leader for an event.

However, if the consensus is to elect a "vet" as party leader, I trust my ability to read marv correctly more than I trust my ability to read any of syllo/sandro/Toad/whoever correctly. In the event that I feel like marv is giving off scummy vibes, I would be super hesitant to vote to elect any of the other "vets", and would then vote for someone else that I am comfortable reading.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
TheChronicler
Profile Joined October 2012
Macedonia260 Posts
November 21 2012 03:46 GMT
#363
On November 21 2012 12:44 Oatsmaster wrote:
You are really not making sense Chronicler..
Show nested quote +

leader chooses three > three choose 3 others, can't choose themselves
Leader will want to choose people who he has certain reads on, since he will want the event to succeed, and those three will want to choose someone they have a certain read on.

So the leader has to crapshoot 3 people that he thinks will pick town players?
This just makes it harder to complete the task successfully. Also, as Prome already pointed out, 1 mafia may cause the party to fail and since 3 people are picking 3 other people, it is more likely that they will pick a scum...


So... what if the leader is scum and we do it your guys' way? I even said if I'm not elected I want the person elected to use my way of doing it. I think we have better odds if we spread the party choice amongst more people than if we have it rest with a single person.
Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
November 21 2012 03:46 GMT
#364
One thing no one has mentioned that we have to consider is that sending people on missions will affect their hp in some way I'm sure, this means we can't just use the same party setup every time. Using the 4 towniest people mission 1 might hurt us down the line.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 21 2012 03:47 GMT
#365
TheChronicler, take a moment, sip a glass of wine, and ponder why every single person who has read your idea has thought it terrible.

It's either because you're a genius, transcended on a plane above any of us mere mortals, or your idea is bad.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
TheChronicler
Profile Joined October 2012
Macedonia260 Posts
November 21 2012 03:47 GMT
#366
On November 21 2012 12:45 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 12:42 TheChronicler wrote:
On November 21 2012 12:41 marvellosity wrote:
i wonder how long we can discuss this infinitely awful idea for.


Respond to my modified version?


if i'm leader and i choose my strongest 3 townreads, why the fuck do I want people who aren't strong reads on my team? I chose those 3 people for a reason.

People will be discussing who should potentially be in any party anyway. No-one is prevented from doing this, so giving them some arbitrary power to choose doesn't add anything.

When it comes down to it, you want the 4 people likeliest to be townie in the party.


Again, what if the leader is scum....
Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!
TheChronicler
Profile Joined October 2012
Macedonia260 Posts
November 21 2012 03:48 GMT
#367
On November 21 2012 12:47 marvellosity wrote:
TheChronicler, take a moment, sip a glass of wine, and ponder why every single person who has read your idea has thought it terrible.

It's either because you're a genius, transcended on a plane above any of us mere mortals, or your idea is bad.


Alright, it's probably just bad. I just wanted to spread it out b/c I don't want to elect a scum person and have them controlling everything.
Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18451 Posts
November 21 2012 03:48 GMT
#368
On November 21 2012 12:41 TheChronicler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 12:35 Acrofales wrote:
On November 21 2012 12:25 TheChronicler wrote:
On November 21 2012 11:59 Oatsmaster wrote:
random fluff post,
Lotta Brazilians :O


Useless. Don't post like this.

On November 21 2012 12:14 Clarity_nl wrote:
I do not have any kind of read on anyone yet. He would be a good choice because if he's scum it'll show comparatively to his town play.


Who is he? I'm assuming Hapa.

----------------------------------------------

I'd like to be the party leader. I'm an unknown (hopefully) and no one will make stupid bullshit meta reads on the leader that would probably be worse than a coin flip. That's pretty much the only reason I want to lead. I don't even want to pick who will be the three on my team, which takes me to the next part of my pitch, and something I hope whoever is leader uses.

If I'm leader I don't want to choose the three people with me. I want to choose three people to choose three people who will be on the team. They can choose themselves if they'd like. Why do this? Because it gets us more information. If I'm not chosen leader I'd like the person who IS chosen to implement this system.

We still get information from who the leader chooses, AND we get information based upon who the three chosen people choose.


So you want to be as unaccountable as possible. I want you to explain what USEFUL information you think we can gain from this plan? It gives us more sources of information, but less information about more things. Seems to confuse matters. How do you plan to put this "extra" information to good use?


I don't want to be as unaccountable as possible. If you think it's a better idea then why not have it go leader chooses three > three choose 3 others, can't choose themselves. Leader will want to choose people who he has certain reads on, since he will want the event to succeed, and those three will want to choose someone they have a certain read on. We get information from all the choices, and avoid the problem where everyone will just choose themselves.

This is just as bad. All you're doing is taking accountability away from yourself and diluting it in such a way that it is impossible to check who is to blaim for a failure.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
November 21 2012 03:49 GMT
#369

what if the leader is scum and we do it your guys' way?

That is really not that bad, further along in the game, we can use this information to determine scum..
Scum cant pick all his scum buddies as odds are that some of them are lurky/new and will cause many questions to be asked..
Im really going stop talking about this, its really irritating
No gg, No skill.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
November 21 2012 03:49 GMT
#370
If we elect a scum person he WILL be controlling everything.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 21 2012 03:49 GMT
#371
then we make sure we don't elect a scum person.

can't be that hard to make just one or two very likely town reads, no? ^^
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18451 Posts
November 21 2012 03:52 GMT
#372
On November 21 2012 12:49 marvellosity wrote:
then we make sure we don't elect a scum person.

can't be that hard to make just one or two very likely town reads, no? ^^

In fact, I already HAVE a likely town read! PS. It's not you.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
November 21 2012 03:53 GMT
#373
Sharing is caring?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 21 2012 03:54 GMT
#374
@ TheChronicler
On November 21 2012 12:48 TheChronicler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 12:47 marvellosity wrote:
TheChronicler, take a moment, sip a glass of wine, and ponder why every single person who has read your idea has thought it terrible.

It's either because you're a genius, transcended on a plane above any of us mere mortals, or your idea is bad.


Alright, it's probably just bad. I just wanted to spread it out b/c I don't want to elect a scum person and have them controlling everything.


If the leader's scum, we're probably screwed for the mission regardless of what the voting system is. Voting systems in this game seem completely unenforceable.

@ Kei
On November 21 2012 12:45 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 12:38 Hapahauli wrote:
@ Kier
On November 21 2012 12:17 Keirathi wrote:
I said I would vote marv, barring a scummy vibe from him. And, yes, I feel I have a decent grasp of when marv is acting scummy. The key is, though, that I thoroughly trust marv's ability to make town reads. In the event that he is scum, though, even a scum marv can't afford to pick other scum without some damn good reasoning that they are town, which I believe could be seen through.


No, nonononononnono. No.

First of all, marv is really aware of this part of his game and already compensated for it (i.e. "town read" on iamperfection in GSL III). Second of all, don't trust a hypothetical scum marv to include town people on the team. Hell for all we know electing a scum member as the party leader could be an auto-mission fail.

We need to vote someone as party leader who we are sure is town. Not rationalize picking a vet because he makes accurate "town reads" as either alignment. That's fucking stupid.

You have a point here. We don't actually know what would happen if scum is elected party leader for an event.

However, if the consensus is to elect a "vet" as party leader, I trust my ability to read marv correctly more than I trust my ability to read any of syllo/sandro/Toad/whoever correctly. In the event that I feel like marv is giving off scummy vibes, I would be super hesitant to vote to elect any of the other "vets", and would then vote for someone else that I am comfortable reading.


I'd like to think I know marv's meta as much as anyone here, but I'm still nowhere near as comfortable as you are reading him on Day 1. He's capable of doing some crazy shenanigans as scum early on.

Lastly, I'm a bit surprised you're willing to dismiss voting all those other potential vets without having looked into them. For all we know they could have really transparent metas.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
November 21 2012 03:54 GMT
#375
Loose Lips sink Ships?
No gg, No skill.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
November 21 2012 03:55 GMT
#376
So you guys are looking for someone that has a very distinguishable town meta as opposed to his scum meta.

Hrm let me think about this for a second??????? hrm who could it possibly me...........

Wait a tick

fucking me thats who

I nominate the perfect one as the leader because he is the best choice. Not only am i town this game i also have a very distinguishable town meta from my scum meta.

Also the perfect one is known for his generosity and his fairness

i am very active and will be able to keep up with the thread very easily so i will easily take the towns input for selecting my team

So vote iamperfection 2012
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
TheChronicler
Profile Joined October 2012
Macedonia260 Posts
November 21 2012 03:56 GMT
#377
On November 21 2012 12:49 marvellosity wrote:
then we make sure we don't elect a scum person.

can't be that hard to make just one or two very likely town reads, no? ^^


I figured I'd add in a system that got us as much information as possible. I never expected to be elected since I'm on a smurf, but I really wanted my idea to be used because I think there's a good enough chance we don't get a townie elected (I've lynched enough townies d1 not to be overly confident in my d1 reads)
Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
November 21 2012 03:57 GMT
#378
Iamp, who will be your 3 picks AT THIS STAGE?
No gg, No skill.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18451 Posts
November 21 2012 03:57 GMT
#379
Fine. My town read is on TheChronicler. He's either new to the game or a longtime vet fucking with us. In the former case, a noob scum would not be proposing some shitty plan like that. In the latter, he was gauging reactions and hoping to get scum to bite. Also, not a scumplay.

It's not a very useful town read, though, because I don't want to vote for him precisely because his plan was terrible.
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
November 21 2012 03:57 GMT
#380
On November 21 2012 12:53 Clarity_nl wrote:
Sharing is caring?


Sharing is great when votes are made, It is early in the day and allowing everyone to continue to play without knowledge of each others town reads is probably for the best. No need for scum to get a chance to plant seeds of doubt on our town reads or to keep working on rowing themselves as townies if we have green reads on them right now.

You'll know my town read when I am confidant enough in it to place a vote. I'd like to learn Acro's at the same time.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 384 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1593
RotterdaM942
TaKeTV 387
IndyStarCraft 206
SteadfastSC163
ZombieGrub103
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1593
RotterdaM 942
IndyStarCraft 206
SteadfastSC 163
RuFF_SC2 144
MaxPax 140
ZombieGrub103
UpATreeSC 76
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2756
Shuttle 526
Dewaltoss 107
910 71
Mind 61
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m4333
pashabiceps1649
Fnx 681
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4594
Liquid`Hasu599
Other Games
Beastyqt768
mouzStarbuck428
ToD183
C9.Mang0156
shahzam110
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 175
• Reevou 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 18
• 80smullet 17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade329
Other Games
• imaqtpie865
• Shiphtur343
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 28m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 28m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 28m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.