• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:44
CEST 08:44
KST 15:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9206 users

Chrono Trigger Mafia - Page 21

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 384 Next
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
November 21 2012 04:17 GMT
#401
On November 21 2012 13:06 goodkarma wrote:
Okay. I'm pretty much caught up. I'd like to address several things. First:

Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 12:16 Promethelax wrote:
Clarity, i would agree with you if Hapa's reaction to Kier's questions had been what I expect from a town Hapa but it wasn't. My short list is a little bit shorter. Why would you vote anyone you don't have a town read on?

Goodkarma: have you played any games since our Newbie Mini Misfortune?

Hapa: what kind of player would get your vote? Not Kier, Not Marv...who?

Keir: how many scum does it take to sabotage a mission? My guess is that even a single one will fuck us so a scum Marv would not need to pick any scummers.



Yes. I had much better games after that. I hope there's no hard feelings for that particular game, as I played scum about as terribly as I possibly could clamming up when really saying just about anything would have prevented my early lynch. My other two games:

In NMM XXIV: The hero that saved the town from a 5-3 MYLO to win the game.
In LVII: Mafia suicide bomber. Could have played better but mafia got the win anyway.
Rockband mini: I replaced out day one as scum. Never actually checked to see how it ended.


Who I would nominate (if not myself):

As of right now, my support for a party leader (besides myself) would be sandroba.

Sandroba seems to be adopting a solid strategy at present. I wholeheartedly agree with going with the most townie individuals, even if they are inexperienced. We don't know how the minigames are going to work yet, but we do know with 100% certainty that scum will count against their success. In a game where we don't lynch, all we can do is establish who is actually town. It is absolutely ridiculous to nominate people who have both strong scum and town games and are hard to read day one (thinking of Marv).

I also completely agree with the suggestion that's been brought up that parties be suggested by those who are hoping to be nominated up-front. This is especially important if we are to nominate a townie who isn't as experienced.


Goodkarma for President:

As your leader, I will do my best to further the policy of choosing the most obvious townies as detailed above. Along those lines, I would elect to choose both sandroba and promethelax for my party. The third is still tentative, as the game has only been going for a short time.

Why would you suggest prom he plays very good regardless of alignment from what i remember.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
November 21 2012 04:19 GMT
#402
On November 21 2012 13:17 Hapahauli wrote:
@ iamp

Welcome! As distinguishable as you are, that's not the only thing we're looking for in a party leader. I'd prefer someone with a very strong track-record of accurate D1 town reads. You're definitely someone that can be read early and be a party candidate though.

knew you would have my back broski
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
November 21 2012 04:20 GMT
#403
On November 21 2012 13:16 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 13:13 Z-BosoN wrote:
On November 21 2012 13:05 iamperfection wrote:
also why do we have to have the leader select all 3 wouldn't it be best for the town to put some input on the other team members?


That was my original train of thought. But should the decision become the leader's, that puts a TON of pressure on him (if he is very transparent in his thoughts), and helps consolidate our read on said leader.


But if we put up our strongest townread, doesn't that defeat the purpose?

I think we should play more to our wincon when it comes to missions and just scumhunt like it's a regular game.

I didn't say we should put up our strongest town read. I'm saying we should put up a strong player who is easier to pin down as town/scum.
That way it's almost guaranteed that scum don't win the first event, at least. If scum wins, it's much more likely this happened because this strong player is scum and picked some of his scumbuddies than this same strong player sucks at making town reads. Make sense?
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
November 21 2012 04:21 GMT
#404
It would make sense if it wasn't actively against town wincon. We want mafia dead, sure, but we want lavos dead more.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
November 21 2012 04:21 GMT
#405
On November 21 2012 13:11 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 13:06 goodkarma wrote:
...
Goodkarma for President:

As your leader, I will do my best to further the policy of choosing the most obvious townies as detailed above. Along those lines, I would elect to choose both sandroba and promethelax for my party. The third is still tentative, as the game has only been going for a short time.


Why are you pre-determining who to include in your party right now? Certainly you couldn't have THAT strong of a town read on the both of them.


Obviously, said party members could change. In a normal game, we discuss in detail our strong scum reads to pressure and determine who to lynch. This mechanic simply does not exist this game. Determining who is town is far more important than determining who is scum when selecting parties. I'm nominating those I currently have a town read on who I feel would contribute best to success for the minigame or whatever other thing it is our host has planned for us.


And why now?: I would rather have an idea who it is that's going to be coming along upfront, wouldn't you?

Think of them as my three vice presidential nominees.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
November 21 2012 04:22 GMT
#406
On November 21 2012 13:17 Hapahauli wrote:
@ Kei
Show nested quote +
You're right, he is capable of pulling off big plays as scum, even day 1. But it's not like I'm giving him a town read already, nor do I plan to vote him until I do. I'm paranoid as fuck when it comes to him, but again, I'm much more confident in my ability to read him than I am any of the other vets, purely because I am extremely familiar with how marv thinks and acts.

Err... but you said...
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 12:14 Keirathi wrote:

--Quote Pyramid Omitted--

I said I would vote marv, barring a scummy vibe from him. And, yes, I feel I have a decent grasp of when marv is acting scummy. The key is, though, that I thoroughly trust marv's ability to make town reads. In the event that he is scum, though, even a scum marv can't afford to pick other scum without some damn good reasoning that they are town, which I believe could be seen through.

Do explain good sir.

What is there to explain? Both of those things you bolded say the exact same thing :o
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
November 21 2012 04:24 GMT
#407
On November 21 2012 13:21 Clarity_nl wrote:
It would make sense if it wasn't actively against town wincon. We want mafia dead, sure, but we want lavos dead more.


Lavos appears at a predetermined time we can't control

OR

when all mafia are dead. We want mafia dead.
Dienosore
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Brunei Darussalam622 Posts
November 21 2012 04:25 GMT
#408
vote for me!
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
November 21 2012 04:25 GMT
#409
On November 21 2012 13:17 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 13:06 goodkarma wrote:
Okay. I'm pretty much caught up. I'd like to address several things. First:

On November 21 2012 12:16 Promethelax wrote:
Clarity, i would agree with you if Hapa's reaction to Kier's questions had been what I expect from a town Hapa but it wasn't. My short list is a little bit shorter. Why would you vote anyone you don't have a town read on?

Goodkarma: have you played any games since our Newbie Mini Misfortune?

Hapa: what kind of player would get your vote? Not Kier, Not Marv...who?

Keir: how many scum does it take to sabotage a mission? My guess is that even a single one will fuck us so a scum Marv would not need to pick any scummers.



Yes. I had much better games after that. I hope there's no hard feelings for that particular game, as I played scum about as terribly as I possibly could clamming up when really saying just about anything would have prevented my early lynch. My other two games:

In NMM XXIV: The hero that saved the town from a 5-3 MYLO to win the game.
In LVII: Mafia suicide bomber. Could have played better but mafia got the win anyway.
Rockband mini: I replaced out day one as scum. Never actually checked to see how it ended.


Who I would nominate (if not myself):

As of right now, my support for a party leader (besides myself) would be sandroba.

Sandroba seems to be adopting a solid strategy at present. I wholeheartedly agree with going with the most townie individuals, even if they are inexperienced. We don't know how the minigames are going to work yet, but we do know with 100% certainty that scum will count against their success. In a game where we don't lynch, all we can do is establish who is actually town. It is absolutely ridiculous to nominate people who have both strong scum and town games and are hard to read day one (thinking of Marv).

I also completely agree with the suggestion that's been brought up that parties be suggested by those who are hoping to be nominated up-front. This is especially important if we are to nominate a townie who isn't as experienced.


Goodkarma for President:

As your leader, I will do my best to further the policy of choosing the most obvious townies as detailed above. Along those lines, I would elect to choose both sandroba and promethelax for my party. The third is still tentative, as the game has only been going for a short time.

Why would you suggest prom he plays very good regardless of alignment from what i remember.


I must admit that I haven't seen Prox's play since my newbie days. This is based far more on what I've seen in-game than from any "meta-read." I'm open to hearing any case you might have on his scumminess, but right now I see him as a town read.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 21 2012 04:25 GMT
#410
On November 21 2012 13:22 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 13:17 Hapahauli wrote:
@ Kei
You're right, he is capable of pulling off big plays as scum, even day 1. But it's not like I'm giving him a town read already, nor do I plan to vote him until I do. I'm paranoid as fuck when it comes to him, but again, I'm much more confident in my ability to read him than I am any of the other vets, purely because I am extremely familiar with how marv thinks and acts.

Err... but you said...
On November 21 2012 12:14 Keirathi wrote:

--Quote Pyramid Omitted--

I said I would vote marv, barring a scummy vibe from him. And, yes, I feel I have a decent grasp of when marv is acting scummy. The key is, though, that I thoroughly trust marv's ability to make town reads. In the event that he is scum, though, even a scum marv can't afford to pick other scum without some damn good reasoning that they are town, which I believe could be seen through.

Do explain good sir.

What is there to explain? Both of those things you bolded say the exact same thing :o


1) "I'm not going to vote marv unless I have a town read on him."
2) "I'm going to vote someone unless he's giving me a 'scummy vibe.'"

Those two statements mean very different things. The first expresses reservation - that you're not going to vote someone UNLESS you have a town read on them. The second expresses no hesitancy - that you're vote is determined unless marv shows you otherwise.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
November 21 2012 04:25 GMT
#411
On November 21 2012 13:24 Z-BosoN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 13:21 Clarity_nl wrote:
It would make sense if it wasn't actively against town wincon. We want mafia dead, sure, but we want lavos dead more.


Lavos appears at a predetermined time we can't control

OR

when all mafia are dead. We want mafia dead.


I stand corrected. Still I don't believe using who we elect as a way to scumhunt is the proper way to go about things. We don't know what happens if we fail a mission.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
November 21 2012 04:25 GMT
#412
Oh-oh Kei. That's not something you just go ahead and say to sir. Hapa the interpretator. That guy is such a proser.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
November 21 2012 04:26 GMT
#413
On November 21 2012 13:24 Z-BosoN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 13:21 Clarity_nl wrote:
It would make sense if it wasn't actively against town wincon. We want mafia dead, sure, but we want lavos dead more.


Lavos appears at a predetermined time we can't control

OR

when all mafia are dead. We want mafia dead.


I only saw the town win con as


Town: Defeat Lavos.


So yeah..
No gg, No skill.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
November 21 2012 04:26 GMT
#414
On November 21 2012 13:22 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 13:17 Hapahauli wrote:
@ Kei
You're right, he is capable of pulling off big plays as scum, even day 1. But it's not like I'm giving him a town read already, nor do I plan to vote him until I do. I'm paranoid as fuck when it comes to him, but again, I'm much more confident in my ability to read him than I am any of the other vets, purely because I am extremely familiar with how marv thinks and acts.

Err... but you said...
On November 21 2012 12:14 Keirathi wrote:

--Quote Pyramid Omitted--

I said I would vote marv, barring a scummy vibe from him. And, yes, I feel I have a decent grasp of when marv is acting scummy. The key is, though, that I thoroughly trust marv's ability to make town reads. In the event that he is scum, though, even a scum marv can't afford to pick other scum without some damn good reasoning that they are town, which I believe could be seen through.

Do explain good sir.

What is there to explain? Both of those things you bolded say the exact same thing :o

i wouldnt say the are the same thing i would say they are diffrent things that dont require in explantion

1. Wont give him a town read untill i think he is town

2. Would give marv your vote if you think he is town.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
November 21 2012 04:26 GMT
#415
On November 21 2012 13:26 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 13:24 Z-BosoN wrote:
On November 21 2012 13:21 Clarity_nl wrote:
It would make sense if it wasn't actively against town wincon. We want mafia dead, sure, but we want lavos dead more.


Lavos appears at a predetermined time we can't control

OR

when all mafia are dead. We want mafia dead.


I only saw the town win con as

Show nested quote +

Town: Defeat Lavos.


So yeah..


No, zbo is right.

Lavos will spawn at a predetermined time in the game. If all mafia die, Lavos will be summoned immediately.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Dienosore
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Brunei Darussalam622 Posts
November 21 2012 04:27 GMT
#416
I'm friendly and wise, so really there is no reason NOT to vote for me :D
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
November 21 2012 04:29 GMT
#417
On November 21 2012 13:27 Dienosore wrote:
I'm friendly and wise, so really there is no reason NOT to vote for me :D

oh yeah?

Who the fuck are you?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
November 21 2012 04:29 GMT
#418
On November 21 2012 13:27 Dienosore wrote:
I'm friendly and wise, so really there is no reason NOT to vote for me :D


No, you don't get to come in here all nice guy and shit. What do you think of what has happened so far? Reads? Thoughts on who should be party leader?
Tip: it's not you.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 21 2012 04:30 GMT
#419
@ GK

Ah that makes sense. I'm still don't care for such early D1 town reads, but that's just my own attitude and nothing to hold you accountable for.

@ Z-Bo
On November 21 2012 13:25 Z-BosoN wrote:
Oh-oh Kei. That's not something you just go ahead and say to sir. Hapa the interpretator. That guy is such a proser.


Ok ok I know I super-tunneled you that one game based on stupid wordings and such, but this one seems a lot more clear-cut no? Like those two statements do not mean the same thing at all.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
November 21 2012 04:30 GMT
#420
Stop sniping me iamp, I saw him first.
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 384 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 258
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 228
Dewaltoss 111
sSak 42
Bale 34
ZergMaN 18
Noble 16
NotJumperer 10
Icarus 7
yabsab 7
League of Legends
JimRising 650
Other Games
summit1g11098
Sick189
Nina90
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick839
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1256
• Lourlo1048
• Stunt574
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 16m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 16m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 16m
Replay Cast
16h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.