• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:20
CEST 01:20
KST 08:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8837 users

Chrono Trigger Mafia - Page 23

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 384 Next
Dienosore
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Brunei Darussalam622 Posts
November 21 2012 04:40 GMT
#441
On November 21 2012 13:35 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 13:34 iamperfection wrote:
On November 21 2012 13:34 Clarity_nl wrote:
On November 21 2012 13:33 Dienosore wrote:
On November 21 2012 13:29 Z-BosoN wrote:
On November 21 2012 13:27 Dienosore wrote:
I'm friendly and wise, so really there is no reason NOT to vote for me :D


No, you don't get to come in here all nice guy and shit. What do you think of what has happened so far? Reads? Thoughts on who should be party leader?
Tip: it's not you.


I don't think anything has happened so far, because it hasn't. Just mindless dribble pouring out from people trying to turn nothing into something.

Why don't we let the game develop a little first so at least we know what we have to work towards?


Because if we all have your attitude nothing would get done.

yes thats true but what do you think town or scum for him.

No noob gonna do what he did right?


If you're new you don't do that, no. But do we know he's not a smurf?


Well, I am new... so... there goes that bit of logic out the window lol
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
November 21 2012 04:40 GMT
#442
So you don't want to play the setup speculation game...fine I'm taking by ball and going home
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
November 21 2012 04:40 GMT
#443
haha clarity i win
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
November 21 2012 04:41 GMT
#444
On November 21 2012 13:36 Hopeless1der wrote:
Greetings all. You'll notice that we're currently in 600 AD Guardia. You're also playing a themed game hosted by none other than Greymist. Please keep that in mind. (Hi Mementoss, you're cool too).

Basic vote mechanics for this game seem to boil down to
-identify town
-vote town to lead the party
-Profit
-Kill Mafia/Lavos
-More Profit




What are people's thoughts on claiming that their character belongs to the 600 AD era and selecting the leader based on that. (YOU ONLY CLAIM "600 AD") Possibly selecting the entire party from within the era, assuming enough of a pool emerges. I linked Chronopedia above in case anyone feels the need to check it out. ~17ish native characters from 600 AD.

I think our hidden numbers are influenced by the current era, and events can have varying degrees of success or failure depending on which specific players (not just town or scum) are in the party.

Come play the setup speculation game with me please!




No. Setup speculation is for chumps.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on who we should choose for a party leader and why.
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
November 21 2012 04:41 GMT
#445
@Hapahauli
Yes, it's definitely two different things. In one instance he has his vote on marv until he gets scummy vibes, and in the other, his vote is not on marv until he finds him town.
Obviously it's not intentional, but it 100% is not the same thing.
I was about to dismiss it as just poor wording when he explained it later, but he just said:

On November 21 2012 13:37 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 13:31 Keirathi wrote:
On November 21 2012 13:25 Hapahauli wrote:
1) "I'm not going to vote marv unless I have a town read on him."
2) "I'm going to vote someone unless he's giving me a 'scummy vibe.'"

Those two statements mean very different things. The first expresses reservation - that you're not going to vote someone UNLESS you have a town read on them. The second expresses no hesitancy - that you're vote is determined unless marv shows you otherwise.

Okay, I guess I see what you're getting at. Just poor wording on my part, I guess. But really, there is no "neutral" ground for me when it comes to marv. Either I believe that he is town, or he is giving off scummy vibes that give me pause.

EBWOP: No, you know what. It wasn't poor wording. It's just you trying to poke holes where there aren't any.

If marv isn't giving me scummy vibes, then I'm going to have a town read on him. If I have a town read on him, I will vote him today 100%.


Trying to make out this flip-flop. Wth? He's not even referring to his vote in this latest post, just on whatever he thinks of marv.

Kei, is your vote on marv or not ffs.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
November 21 2012 04:42 GMT
#446
He's explained quite clearly. He generally gets a read on marv quite fast, and if he gets a town read he'll vote for him.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
November 21 2012 04:44 GMT
#447
On November 21 2012 13:41 Z-BosoN wrote:
@Hapahauli
Yes, it's definitely two different things. In one instance he has his vote on marv until he gets scummy vibes, and in the other, his vote is not on marv until he finds him town.
Obviously it's not intentional, but it 100% is not the same thing.
I was about to dismiss it as just poor wording when he explained it later, but he just said:

Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 13:37 Keirathi wrote:
On November 21 2012 13:31 Keirathi wrote:
On November 21 2012 13:25 Hapahauli wrote:
1) "I'm not going to vote marv unless I have a town read on him."
2) "I'm going to vote someone unless he's giving me a 'scummy vibe.'"

Those two statements mean very different things. The first expresses reservation - that you're not going to vote someone UNLESS you have a town read on them. The second expresses no hesitancy - that you're vote is determined unless marv shows you otherwise.

Okay, I guess I see what you're getting at. Just poor wording on my part, I guess. But really, there is no "neutral" ground for me when it comes to marv. Either I believe that he is town, or he is giving off scummy vibes that give me pause.

EBWOP: No, you know what. It wasn't poor wording. It's just you trying to poke holes where there aren't any.

If marv isn't giving me scummy vibes, then I'm going to have a town read on him. If I have a town read on him, I will vote him today 100%.


Trying to make out this flip-flop. Wth? He's not even referring to his vote in this latest post, just on whatever he thinks of marv.

Kei, is your vote on marv or not ffs.

Wat..?

The whole thing was about who I *PLAN* on voting. I'm not voting anyone right now, nor will I probably vote anyone in the next 24 hours. However, my current plan is to vote for marv, but if I decide that I don't trust him to be most likely town, I will instead vote for someone that I do think is town.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
November 21 2012 04:46 GMT
#448
On November 21 2012 13:41 goodkarma wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 13:36 Hopeless1der wrote:
Greetings all. You'll notice that we're currently in 600 AD Guardia. You're also playing a themed game hosted by none other than Greymist. Please keep that in mind. (Hi Mementoss, you're cool too).

Basic vote mechanics for this game seem to boil down to
-identify town
-vote town to lead the party
-Profit
-Kill Mafia/Lavos
-More Profit




What are people's thoughts on claiming that their character belongs to the 600 AD era and selecting the leader based on that. (YOU ONLY CLAIM "600 AD") Possibly selecting the entire party from within the era, assuming enough of a pool emerges. I linked Chronopedia above in case anyone feels the need to check it out. ~17ish native characters from 600 AD.

I think our hidden numbers are influenced by the current era, and events can have varying degrees of success or failure depending on which specific players (not just town or scum) are in the party.

Come play the setup speculation game with me please!




No. Setup speculation is for chumps.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on who we should choose for a party leader and why.

Choose town. Win events. Kill Lavos. This has already been covered. I don't have any strong townreads yet. So in the meantime, I want to plant some ideas about how the setup works because you can bet your ass its going to matter.
Dienosore
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Brunei Darussalam622 Posts
November 21 2012 04:46 GMT
#449
like me lol
Dienosore
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Brunei Darussalam622 Posts
November 21 2012 04:47 GMT
#450
vote Dienosore 2012
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
November 21 2012 04:48 GMT
#451
Dieno do you have any intention of being taken seriously this game?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
November 21 2012 04:48 GMT
#452
Vote Hopeless1der 600AD <-- Do it right guys
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
November 21 2012 04:49 GMT
#453
as much as i would love stay up with you fine chaps it is past my bed time

For those who have played with me before comment on me.

you know i have an easy town meta to read so say what you already know to be true iamperfection should be on the team
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Dienosore
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Brunei Darussalam622 Posts
November 21 2012 04:49 GMT
#454
Are you under the impression that I'm not serious about wanting to be elected?
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
November 21 2012 04:50 GMT
#455
Hopeless, how would scum fakeclaiming 600 AD help town?
Also I am against roleclaims of any kind.
No gg, No skill.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
November 21 2012 04:50 GMT
#456
On November 21 2012 13:49 Dienosore wrote:
Are you under the impression that I'm not serious about wanting to be elected?


So you don't care what we'll think about your future reads or opinions, then?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
November 21 2012 04:50 GMT
#457
On November 21 2012 13:46 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 13:41 goodkarma wrote:
On November 21 2012 13:36 Hopeless1der wrote:
Greetings all. You'll notice that we're currently in 600 AD Guardia. You're also playing a themed game hosted by none other than Greymist. Please keep that in mind. (Hi Mementoss, you're cool too).

Basic vote mechanics for this game seem to boil down to
-identify town
-vote town to lead the party
-Profit
-Kill Mafia/Lavos
-More Profit




What are people's thoughts on claiming that their character belongs to the 600 AD era and selecting the leader based on that. (YOU ONLY CLAIM "600 AD") Possibly selecting the entire party from within the era, assuming enough of a pool emerges. I linked Chronopedia above in case anyone feels the need to check it out. ~17ish native characters from 600 AD.

I think our hidden numbers are influenced by the current era, and events can have varying degrees of success or failure depending on which specific players (not just town or scum) are in the party.

Come play the setup speculation game with me please!




No. Setup speculation is for chumps.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on who we should choose for a party leader and why.

Choose town. Win events. Kill Lavos. This has already been covered. I don't have any strong townreads yet. So in the meantime, I want to plant some ideas about how the setup works because you can bet your ass its going to matter.



Of course it will matter. But talking about how certain deliberately hidden variables could or could not work that are outside our control is a waste of time. The one thing we presently can control is who we choose for our party, and that's where are focus should be.


So please stop shitting up the thread advocating setup speculation.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
November 21 2012 04:51 GMT
#458
On November 21 2012 13:49 iamperfection wrote:
as much as i would love stay up with you fine chaps it is past my bed time

For those who have played with me before comment on me.

you know i have an easy town meta to read so say what you already know to be true iamperfection should be on the team

Quit asking for people to read you and play naturally.

You did that shit in GSL 3, where you specifically asked me to give a read of you since I am very good at picking up when you are town or not.

Just don't.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 21 2012 04:51 GMT
#459
On November 21 2012 13:31 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 13:25 Hapahauli wrote:
1) "I'm not going to vote marv unless I have a town read on him."
2) "I'm going to vote someone unless he's giving me a 'scummy vibe.'"

Those two statements mean very different things. The first expresses reservation - that you're not going to vote someone UNLESS you have a town read on them. The second expresses no hesitancy - that you're vote is determined unless marv shows you otherwise.

Okay, I guess I see what you're getting at. Just poor wording on my part, I guess. But really, there is no "neutral" ground for me when it comes to marv. Either I believe that he is town, or he is giving off scummy vibes that give me pause.


I still don't understand this. This implies that you would never be unsure about your read on marv - on D1 of all days.

Part of me has a really hard time believing that this is the same Kei as in GSL III - the one who was uber reluctant and helpless on D1 to make a read on anyone in the game.

On November 21 2012 13:32 iamperfection wrote:
also by the way i have a town read on Dienosore no nooby scum gonna come in here like that.


Yeah Dieno has to be town. I know I semi-attacked GK for similar reads but hell, I can't resist.

He's so cuddly.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
November 21 2012 04:51 GMT
#460
On November 21 2012 13:51 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 13:49 iamperfection wrote:
as much as i would love stay up with you fine chaps it is past my bed time

For those who have played with me before comment on me.

you know i have an easy town meta to read so say what you already know to be true iamperfection should be on the team

Quit asking for people to read you and play naturally.

You did that shit in GSL 3, where you specifically asked me to give a read of you since I am very good at picking up when you are town or not.

Just don't.

i ask you to give your read on me in almost every game we play.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 384 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O157
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 486
Hyun 157
ZZZero.O 157
Dota 2
monkeys_forever398
League of Legends
Doublelift3905
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3912
Liquid`Hasu442
Other Games
summit1g14655
FrodaN1520
JimRising 418
KnowMe217
Livibee208
ViBE114
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick856
BasetradeTV132
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• Adnapsc2 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1260
Other Games
• imaqtpie1020
• Shiphtur570
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 41m
Patches Events
15h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 41m
OSC
23h 41m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.