• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:29
CEST 13:29
KST 20:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8961 users

[T] MTG Mini Mafia - Page 82

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 80 81 82 83 84 88 Next
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
July 09 2012 23:00 GMT
#1621
On July 10 2012 07:57 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 07:55 gonzaw wrote:
On July 01 2012 13:08 Oberyn wrote:

(to S&B)
Also, I guess you are townie since only townies do drunk outbursts (I have seen like 5> of them and all were made by townies, including mine), it's a nice heuristic.


On July 01 2012 19:27 Oberyn wrote:
On July 01 2012 19:23 Nova_Terra wrote:
On July 01 2012 05:03 GreYMisT wrote:
The scum in this game are strongandbig/Matthew. Go ahead and kill me for the following reasons.

1. So you guys stop wasting time and energy
2. So you can get a reality check into your system and catch actual scum
3. So I get to see gonzaw wrong

You sir are the new Risk.Nuke. Well done.

On a non mafia note I am ashamed that my brother was introduced through this game and your spam.

I'm starting to agree with this ( the part about s&b and mattchew)



You know....I like that.

People posting what they think of the thread "as they go by reading it" makes it very transparent of them.
If they just said "okay I'll read the thread", then wait a couple of hours before posting their thoughts, then if they were scum they could easily read the whole thread, capture all the events that happened, and think what the best response would be based on that (taking everything into account).

If they had to post "as they read it", then they take away that ability, and they may fuck up by saying something and then realizing they should have said something else; meaning they would most likely not do that at all...which means that the people that do it are more likely town.

So Nova, keep doing that to see your thought process (specially when the juicy stuff comes).
I realize you are not reading this (and reading the thread instead) so whatever.

However props to you for doing that, it makes me feel better about you for now (and that the whole no-night-kill was staged)


On July 02 2012 07:43 Oberyn wrote:
lol so much drunk posting.

If both of you are town then that will be my main scumhunting skill
Every townie just get drunk and post whatever you think!


Damn.....I could have confirmed 3 players as town if I had only followed the own heuristics I proposed >_>

Prome flipped scum in Newbie Mafia XIX though where he drunk posted too


Well....
He could have posted drunk in this game first...then realize he would look bad if he didn't post in the other game so he forced himself to post in the other one.

I don't know where he posted first though.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
July 09 2012 23:02 GMT
#1622
Also great, 4 losses in 5 games, with the 1 win in them being in a game where I was "lynched" D1.


....damn it, Prob I know how you feel now >_>

The fact that most of those games I was town and derped makes it feel even worse :/
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
July 09 2012 23:02 GMT
#1623
On July 10 2012 07:57 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 07:55 Toadesstern wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:49 gonzaw wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:43 Toadesstern wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:33 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:31 Qatol wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:15 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:12 strongandbig wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:10 marvellosity wrote:
If they post their attacks/unattacks within deadline time, how can you disallow it??


Artanis himself said that he didn't want things in this game to be decided by "race to the bottom" and that he would extend time limits in response to last minute actions. I think he should have extended the time limit.

I'm also kind of pissed that he reversed himself, changed the rules of magic and made my deck super useless.

A lot of these changes I had to make on the fly, without anyone to consult with but the players and occasionally Acrofales. It's really hard to run a game like this and especially with rules that if you change them can alter the course of the game dramatically, and I realize I've made some mistakes.

In the future, send me a PM if I'm not a player. I'll help out as much as I can.

Thanks, I will.
To everyone:
I do plan on running another game like this in the future. What did you like about the game? What did you think about the board cards? What would you like to see changed? All input is welcome.


I think it's going to be incredible hard to balance either way.
Usually mafia games go like this:
Town starts strong but has no clue and grows weaker as people get killed but the reads get better every day
Mafia starts strong and grows weaker as people get killed (less KP).

In this game it was more like:
Town starts weak and and has no clue early one. Hoever they grow stronger ever cycle and the reads get better every day
Mafia starts weak and grows stronger as people get killed

The fact that usually town is "strong" when the game starts but in this game they ended up being incredible strong makes it really hard to balance. Let's forget about zealos deck, that shit was just imba. If he had attacked either matt or me with that move, there would not have been a way to win this game for mafia from the get-go.
Still everyone else ended up bein really strong and Matt and I got incredible lucky that we had an extremly strong board. Without the 2 hovermyrs it would have been a townwin.
With one goblin less it would have been a townwin.
I was actually raging at one point because I couldn't figure out how to deal 2 damage to zealos instead of just one and we could have used matt's goblin for that if we hadn't destroyed something else with that.

So from a mafia point of view I've got to say this was probably the hardest game I ever played. Seriously.
Yeah we won but it literally came down to a margin of 1 HP (if the change had not happened) and I think I played quite decent the first couple of cycles, making town completly cirpple themselves. It really was a lot of fun but it all comes down to the very last cycle and I don't see that changing with the style MTG games are played because you grow stronger every single cycle.



Ehmm...no

Yeah we won but it literally came down to a margin of 1 HP


What came "literally" down to a margin of 1 HP was you guys winning preemptively with a "last-minute-switch". You guys wouldn't have automatically lost if this "plan" of yours hadn't go through.

Even if all these "uber difficult plans" of you guys didn't go through......you would still be alive on D5 making it a 2-1 LYLO like S&B said (at worst basically)

I mean, if Mattchew was the "lynch" set for the day (as well as Fulla), how can you get angry for "almost losing", if in a normal game the same thing would have happened (Matt is lynched and you get to a 2-1 LYLO)?

a 2-1 LYLY is either a lose for mafia for a draw because lynch and nightkills are at the same time.

If Zealos would have been able to do 12 damage before the attack phase started with another combi the plan failing would have meant town win.
If Zealos would not have been able to do 12 damage it would have meant Zealos and I are going to die at the same time => 0 v 1 and again town win.


you could probably have persuaded zealos to attack prome instead of you after the flip.

seriously prome's filter was very townie except for the part where he kept saying he thought mattchew was scum for no reason and then never following up on that

it's like any normal 2-1 lylo. If town figures out you're scum you lose. If town doesn't figure it out you win.

No way.

Actually all alignments were 100% proven the last day but noone thought about it.

I had 16 HP.
S&B is dead
Fulla is dead
Matt is dead

means left are:
Toad with 16 HP
Zealos with 18 HP
Prom with a lot HP

That is still before mafia beast. At this point I am 100% confirmed mafia because if that's the case there is no reason for mafia not to shoot Toad having 16HP because if he really is town it's a mafia win because of 1v1. So if I don't get hit by the mafia beast I'm 100% confirmed mafia and can't do a thing anymore.

So no, I could not have played on d5 anymore and would have forfeited if it came to that.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-09 23:07:30
July 09 2012 23:05 GMT
#1624
On July 10 2012 07:57 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 07:55 gonzaw wrote:
On July 01 2012 13:08 Oberyn wrote:

(to S&B)
Also, I guess you are townie since only townies do drunk outbursts (I have seen like 5> of them and all were made by townies, including mine), it's a nice heuristic.


On July 01 2012 19:27 Oberyn wrote:
On July 01 2012 19:23 Nova_Terra wrote:
On July 01 2012 05:03 GreYMisT wrote:
The scum in this game are strongandbig/Matthew. Go ahead and kill me for the following reasons.

1. So you guys stop wasting time and energy
2. So you can get a reality check into your system and catch actual scum
3. So I get to see gonzaw wrong

You sir are the new Risk.Nuke. Well done.

On a non mafia note I am ashamed that my brother was introduced through this game and your spam.

I'm starting to agree with this ( the part about s&b and mattchew)



You know....I like that.

People posting what they think of the thread "as they go by reading it" makes it very transparent of them.
If they just said "okay I'll read the thread", then wait a couple of hours before posting their thoughts, then if they were scum they could easily read the whole thread, capture all the events that happened, and think what the best response would be based on that (taking everything into account).

If they had to post "as they read it", then they take away that ability, and they may fuck up by saying something and then realizing they should have said something else; meaning they would most likely not do that at all...which means that the people that do it are more likely town.

So Nova, keep doing that to see your thought process (specially when the juicy stuff comes).
I realize you are not reading this (and reading the thread instead) so whatever.

However props to you for doing that, it makes me feel better about you for now (and that the whole no-night-kill was staged)


On July 02 2012 07:43 Oberyn wrote:
lol so much drunk posting.

If both of you are town then that will be my main scumhunting skill
Every townie just get drunk and post whatever you think!


Damn.....I could have confirmed 3 players as town if I had only followed the own heuristics I proposed >_>

Prome flipped scum in Newbie Mafia XIX though where he drunk posted too


I've been waiting to tell Gonzaw that all game.

edit: it had nothing to do with which one I posted in. I was confidant that in that one posting more would help me because I was the only player everyone saw as green at that point and I had to catch up and post here. I had to drink for Canada and I had to mafia so I did them at the same time.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
July 09 2012 23:06 GMT
#1625
On July 10 2012 08:02 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 07:57 strongandbig wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:55 Toadesstern wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:49 gonzaw wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:43 Toadesstern wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:33 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:31 Qatol wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:15 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:12 strongandbig wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:10 marvellosity wrote:
If they post their attacks/unattacks within deadline time, how can you disallow it??


Artanis himself said that he didn't want things in this game to be decided by "race to the bottom" and that he would extend time limits in response to last minute actions. I think he should have extended the time limit.

I'm also kind of pissed that he reversed himself, changed the rules of magic and made my deck super useless.

A lot of these changes I had to make on the fly, without anyone to consult with but the players and occasionally Acrofales. It's really hard to run a game like this and especially with rules that if you change them can alter the course of the game dramatically, and I realize I've made some mistakes.

In the future, send me a PM if I'm not a player. I'll help out as much as I can.

Thanks, I will.
To everyone:
I do plan on running another game like this in the future. What did you like about the game? What did you think about the board cards? What would you like to see changed? All input is welcome.


I think it's going to be incredible hard to balance either way.
Usually mafia games go like this:
Town starts strong but has no clue and grows weaker as people get killed but the reads get better every day
Mafia starts strong and grows weaker as people get killed (less KP).

In this game it was more like:
Town starts weak and and has no clue early one. Hoever they grow stronger ever cycle and the reads get better every day
Mafia starts weak and grows stronger as people get killed

The fact that usually town is "strong" when the game starts but in this game they ended up being incredible strong makes it really hard to balance. Let's forget about zealos deck, that shit was just imba. If he had attacked either matt or me with that move, there would not have been a way to win this game for mafia from the get-go.
Still everyone else ended up bein really strong and Matt and I got incredible lucky that we had an extremly strong board. Without the 2 hovermyrs it would have been a townwin.
With one goblin less it would have been a townwin.
I was actually raging at one point because I couldn't figure out how to deal 2 damage to zealos instead of just one and we could have used matt's goblin for that if we hadn't destroyed something else with that.

So from a mafia point of view I've got to say this was probably the hardest game I ever played. Seriously.
Yeah we won but it literally came down to a margin of 1 HP (if the change had not happened) and I think I played quite decent the first couple of cycles, making town completly cirpple themselves. It really was a lot of fun but it all comes down to the very last cycle and I don't see that changing with the style MTG games are played because you grow stronger every single cycle.



Ehmm...no

Yeah we won but it literally came down to a margin of 1 HP


What came "literally" down to a margin of 1 HP was you guys winning preemptively with a "last-minute-switch". You guys wouldn't have automatically lost if this "plan" of yours hadn't go through.

Even if all these "uber difficult plans" of you guys didn't go through......you would still be alive on D5 making it a 2-1 LYLO like S&B said (at worst basically)

I mean, if Mattchew was the "lynch" set for the day (as well as Fulla), how can you get angry for "almost losing", if in a normal game the same thing would have happened (Matt is lynched and you get to a 2-1 LYLO)?

a 2-1 LYLY is either a lose for mafia for a draw because lynch and nightkills are at the same time.

If Zealos would have been able to do 12 damage before the attack phase started with another combi the plan failing would have meant town win.
If Zealos would not have been able to do 12 damage it would have meant Zealos and I are going to die at the same time => 0 v 1 and again town win.


you could probably have persuaded zealos to attack prome instead of you after the flip.

seriously prome's filter was very townie except for the part where he kept saying he thought mattchew was scum for no reason and then never following up on that

it's like any normal 2-1 lylo. If town figures out you're scum you lose. If town doesn't figure it out you win.

No way.

Actually all alignments were 100% proven the last day but noone thought about it.

I had 16 HP.
S&B is dead
Fulla is dead
Matt is dead

means left are:
Toad with 16 HP
Zealos with 18 HP
Prom with a lot HP

That is still before mafia beast. At this point I am 100% confirmed mafia because if that's the case there is no reason for mafia not to shoot Toad having 16HP because if he really is town it's a mafia win because of 1v1. So if I don't get hit by the mafia beast I'm 100% confirmed mafia and can't do a thing anymore.

So no, I could not have played on d5 anymore and would have forfeited if it came to that.


No. Nova wasn't confirmed mafia because scum "planned not to shoot on N2", since they actually forgot about it.
You can argumentate that they forgot about killing you this time too (if you don't send a kill).

Also, even if you are "confirmed mafia" you can still win. You just need to avoid getting 16 damage and you can kill Zealos with the mafia Beast that turn.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
July 09 2012 23:08 GMT
#1626
On July 10 2012 08:02 gonzaw wrote:
Also great, 4 losses in 5 games, with the 1 win in them being in a game where I was "lynched" D1.


....damn it, Prob I know how you feel now >_>

The fact that most of those games I was town and derped makes it feel even worse :/


i'm in a similar boat except that it's 1 win 1 draw and 5 losses in 7 games

I've also now lost every game where I've been town since newbie mini mafia 6 - fun fact, I have more wins as a survivor than as town.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
July 09 2012 23:08 GMT
#1627
On July 10 2012 08:05 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 07:57 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:55 gonzaw wrote:
On July 01 2012 13:08 Oberyn wrote:

(to S&B)
Also, I guess you are townie since only townies do drunk outbursts (I have seen like 5> of them and all were made by townies, including mine), it's a nice heuristic.


On July 01 2012 19:27 Oberyn wrote:
On July 01 2012 19:23 Nova_Terra wrote:
On July 01 2012 05:03 GreYMisT wrote:
The scum in this game are strongandbig/Matthew. Go ahead and kill me for the following reasons.

1. So you guys stop wasting time and energy
2. So you can get a reality check into your system and catch actual scum
3. So I get to see gonzaw wrong

You sir are the new Risk.Nuke. Well done.

On a non mafia note I am ashamed that my brother was introduced through this game and your spam.

I'm starting to agree with this ( the part about s&b and mattchew)



You know....I like that.

People posting what they think of the thread "as they go by reading it" makes it very transparent of them.
If they just said "okay I'll read the thread", then wait a couple of hours before posting their thoughts, then if they were scum they could easily read the whole thread, capture all the events that happened, and think what the best response would be based on that (taking everything into account).

If they had to post "as they read it", then they take away that ability, and they may fuck up by saying something and then realizing they should have said something else; meaning they would most likely not do that at all...which means that the people that do it are more likely town.

So Nova, keep doing that to see your thought process (specially when the juicy stuff comes).
I realize you are not reading this (and reading the thread instead) so whatever.

However props to you for doing that, it makes me feel better about you for now (and that the whole no-night-kill was staged)


On July 02 2012 07:43 Oberyn wrote:
lol so much drunk posting.

If both of you are town then that will be my main scumhunting skill
Every townie just get drunk and post whatever you think!


Damn.....I could have confirmed 3 players as town if I had only followed the own heuristics I proposed >_>

Prome flipped scum in Newbie Mafia XIX though where he drunk posted too


I've been waiting to tell Gonzaw that all game.

edit: it had nothing to do with which one I posted in. I was confidant that in that one posting more would help me because I was the only player everyone saw as green at that point and I had to catch up and post here. I had to drink for Canada and I had to mafia so I did them at the same time.


Did it work or did it not in this game?



...case closed >_>

Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
July 09 2012 23:10 GMT
#1628
On July 10 2012 08:06 gonzaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 08:02 Toadesstern wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:57 strongandbig wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:55 Toadesstern wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:49 gonzaw wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:43 Toadesstern wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:33 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:31 Qatol wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:15 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:12 strongandbig wrote:
[quote]

Artanis himself said that he didn't want things in this game to be decided by "race to the bottom" and that he would extend time limits in response to last minute actions. I think he should have extended the time limit.

I'm also kind of pissed that he reversed himself, changed the rules of magic and made my deck super useless.

A lot of these changes I had to make on the fly, without anyone to consult with but the players and occasionally Acrofales. It's really hard to run a game like this and especially with rules that if you change them can alter the course of the game dramatically, and I realize I've made some mistakes.

In the future, send me a PM if I'm not a player. I'll help out as much as I can.

Thanks, I will.
To everyone:
I do plan on running another game like this in the future. What did you like about the game? What did you think about the board cards? What would you like to see changed? All input is welcome.


I think it's going to be incredible hard to balance either way.
Usually mafia games go like this:
Town starts strong but has no clue and grows weaker as people get killed but the reads get better every day
Mafia starts strong and grows weaker as people get killed (less KP).

In this game it was more like:
Town starts weak and and has no clue early one. Hoever they grow stronger ever cycle and the reads get better every day
Mafia starts weak and grows stronger as people get killed

The fact that usually town is "strong" when the game starts but in this game they ended up being incredible strong makes it really hard to balance. Let's forget about zealos deck, that shit was just imba. If he had attacked either matt or me with that move, there would not have been a way to win this game for mafia from the get-go.
Still everyone else ended up bein really strong and Matt and I got incredible lucky that we had an extremly strong board. Without the 2 hovermyrs it would have been a townwin.
With one goblin less it would have been a townwin.
I was actually raging at one point because I couldn't figure out how to deal 2 damage to zealos instead of just one and we could have used matt's goblin for that if we hadn't destroyed something else with that.

So from a mafia point of view I've got to say this was probably the hardest game I ever played. Seriously.
Yeah we won but it literally came down to a margin of 1 HP (if the change had not happened) and I think I played quite decent the first couple of cycles, making town completly cirpple themselves. It really was a lot of fun but it all comes down to the very last cycle and I don't see that changing with the style MTG games are played because you grow stronger every single cycle.



Ehmm...no

Yeah we won but it literally came down to a margin of 1 HP


What came "literally" down to a margin of 1 HP was you guys winning preemptively with a "last-minute-switch". You guys wouldn't have automatically lost if this "plan" of yours hadn't go through.

Even if all these "uber difficult plans" of you guys didn't go through......you would still be alive on D5 making it a 2-1 LYLO like S&B said (at worst basically)

I mean, if Mattchew was the "lynch" set for the day (as well as Fulla), how can you get angry for "almost losing", if in a normal game the same thing would have happened (Matt is lynched and you get to a 2-1 LYLO)?

a 2-1 LYLY is either a lose for mafia for a draw because lynch and nightkills are at the same time.

If Zealos would have been able to do 12 damage before the attack phase started with another combi the plan failing would have meant town win.
If Zealos would not have been able to do 12 damage it would have meant Zealos and I are going to die at the same time => 0 v 1 and again town win.


you could probably have persuaded zealos to attack prome instead of you after the flip.

seriously prome's filter was very townie except for the part where he kept saying he thought mattchew was scum for no reason and then never following up on that

it's like any normal 2-1 lylo. If town figures out you're scum you lose. If town doesn't figure it out you win.

No way.

Actually all alignments were 100% proven the last day but noone thought about it.

I had 16 HP.
S&B is dead
Fulla is dead
Matt is dead

means left are:
Toad with 16 HP
Zealos with 18 HP
Prom with a lot HP

That is still before mafia beast. At this point I am 100% confirmed mafia because if that's the case there is no reason for mafia not to shoot Toad having 16HP because if he really is town it's a mafia win because of 1v1. So if I don't get hit by the mafia beast I'm 100% confirmed mafia and can't do a thing anymore.

So no, I could not have played on d5 anymore and would have forfeited if it came to that.


No. Nova wasn't confirmed mafia because scum "planned not to shoot on N2", since they actually forgot about it.
You can argumentate that they forgot about killing you this time too (if you don't send a kill).

Also, even if you are "confirmed mafia" you can still win. You just need to avoid getting 16 damage and you can kill Zealos with the mafia Beast that turn.

I already took 4 Damage this turn, I was down to 12 due to the legendary creature. Even if Zealos would have done 0 damage to me on d5 all they needed to do was 8 more normal damage + the legendary creature and I don't think I could have blocked that much if zealos would have played something on his or prom playing something as well.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
July 09 2012 23:11 GMT
#1629
On July 10 2012 08:10 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 08:06 gonzaw wrote:
On July 10 2012 08:02 Toadesstern wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:57 strongandbig wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:55 Toadesstern wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:49 gonzaw wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:43 Toadesstern wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:33 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:31 Qatol wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:15 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
[quote]
A lot of these changes I had to make on the fly, without anyone to consult with but the players and occasionally Acrofales. It's really hard to run a game like this and especially with rules that if you change them can alter the course of the game dramatically, and I realize I've made some mistakes.

In the future, send me a PM if I'm not a player. I'll help out as much as I can.

Thanks, I will.
To everyone:
I do plan on running another game like this in the future. What did you like about the game? What did you think about the board cards? What would you like to see changed? All input is welcome.


I think it's going to be incredible hard to balance either way.
Usually mafia games go like this:
Town starts strong but has no clue and grows weaker as people get killed but the reads get better every day
Mafia starts strong and grows weaker as people get killed (less KP).

In this game it was more like:
Town starts weak and and has no clue early one. Hoever they grow stronger ever cycle and the reads get better every day
Mafia starts weak and grows stronger as people get killed

The fact that usually town is "strong" when the game starts but in this game they ended up being incredible strong makes it really hard to balance. Let's forget about zealos deck, that shit was just imba. If he had attacked either matt or me with that move, there would not have been a way to win this game for mafia from the get-go.
Still everyone else ended up bein really strong and Matt and I got incredible lucky that we had an extremly strong board. Without the 2 hovermyrs it would have been a townwin.
With one goblin less it would have been a townwin.
I was actually raging at one point because I couldn't figure out how to deal 2 damage to zealos instead of just one and we could have used matt's goblin for that if we hadn't destroyed something else with that.

So from a mafia point of view I've got to say this was probably the hardest game I ever played. Seriously.
Yeah we won but it literally came down to a margin of 1 HP (if the change had not happened) and I think I played quite decent the first couple of cycles, making town completly cirpple themselves. It really was a lot of fun but it all comes down to the very last cycle and I don't see that changing with the style MTG games are played because you grow stronger every single cycle.



Ehmm...no

Yeah we won but it literally came down to a margin of 1 HP


What came "literally" down to a margin of 1 HP was you guys winning preemptively with a "last-minute-switch". You guys wouldn't have automatically lost if this "plan" of yours hadn't go through.

Even if all these "uber difficult plans" of you guys didn't go through......you would still be alive on D5 making it a 2-1 LYLO like S&B said (at worst basically)

I mean, if Mattchew was the "lynch" set for the day (as well as Fulla), how can you get angry for "almost losing", if in a normal game the same thing would have happened (Matt is lynched and you get to a 2-1 LYLO)?

a 2-1 LYLY is either a lose for mafia for a draw because lynch and nightkills are at the same time.

If Zealos would have been able to do 12 damage before the attack phase started with another combi the plan failing would have meant town win.
If Zealos would not have been able to do 12 damage it would have meant Zealos and I are going to die at the same time => 0 v 1 and again town win.


you could probably have persuaded zealos to attack prome instead of you after the flip.

seriously prome's filter was very townie except for the part where he kept saying he thought mattchew was scum for no reason and then never following up on that

it's like any normal 2-1 lylo. If town figures out you're scum you lose. If town doesn't figure it out you win.

No way.

Actually all alignments were 100% proven the last day but noone thought about it.

I had 16 HP.
S&B is dead
Fulla is dead
Matt is dead

means left are:
Toad with 16 HP
Zealos with 18 HP
Prom with a lot HP

That is still before mafia beast. At this point I am 100% confirmed mafia because if that's the case there is no reason for mafia not to shoot Toad having 16HP because if he really is town it's a mafia win because of 1v1. So if I don't get hit by the mafia beast I'm 100% confirmed mafia and can't do a thing anymore.

So no, I could not have played on d5 anymore and would have forfeited if it came to that.


No. Nova wasn't confirmed mafia because scum "planned not to shoot on N2", since they actually forgot about it.
You can argumentate that they forgot about killing you this time too (if you don't send a kill).

Also, even if you are "confirmed mafia" you can still win. You just need to avoid getting 16 damage and you can kill Zealos with the mafia Beast that turn.

I already took 4 Damage this turn, I was down to 12 due to the legendary creature. Even if Zealos would have done 0 damage to me on d5 all they needed to do was 8 more normal damage + the legendary creature and I don't think I could have blocked that much if zealos would have played something on his or prom playing something as well.


Wut? You got damage? What legendary creature?
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
July 09 2012 23:13 GMT
#1630
On July 10 2012 08:11 gonzaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 08:10 Toadesstern wrote:
On July 10 2012 08:06 gonzaw wrote:
On July 10 2012 08:02 Toadesstern wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:57 strongandbig wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:55 Toadesstern wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:49 gonzaw wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:43 Toadesstern wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:33 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On July 10 2012 07:31 Qatol wrote:
[quote]
In the future, send me a PM if I'm not a player. I'll help out as much as I can.

Thanks, I will.
To everyone:
I do plan on running another game like this in the future. What did you like about the game? What did you think about the board cards? What would you like to see changed? All input is welcome.


I think it's going to be incredible hard to balance either way.
Usually mafia games go like this:
Town starts strong but has no clue and grows weaker as people get killed but the reads get better every day
Mafia starts strong and grows weaker as people get killed (less KP).

In this game it was more like:
Town starts weak and and has no clue early one. Hoever they grow stronger ever cycle and the reads get better every day
Mafia starts weak and grows stronger as people get killed

The fact that usually town is "strong" when the game starts but in this game they ended up being incredible strong makes it really hard to balance. Let's forget about zealos deck, that shit was just imba. If he had attacked either matt or me with that move, there would not have been a way to win this game for mafia from the get-go.
Still everyone else ended up bein really strong and Matt and I got incredible lucky that we had an extremly strong board. Without the 2 hovermyrs it would have been a townwin.
With one goblin less it would have been a townwin.
I was actually raging at one point because I couldn't figure out how to deal 2 damage to zealos instead of just one and we could have used matt's goblin for that if we hadn't destroyed something else with that.

So from a mafia point of view I've got to say this was probably the hardest game I ever played. Seriously.
Yeah we won but it literally came down to a margin of 1 HP (if the change had not happened) and I think I played quite decent the first couple of cycles, making town completly cirpple themselves. It really was a lot of fun but it all comes down to the very last cycle and I don't see that changing with the style MTG games are played because you grow stronger every single cycle.



Ehmm...no

Yeah we won but it literally came down to a margin of 1 HP


What came "literally" down to a margin of 1 HP was you guys winning preemptively with a "last-minute-switch". You guys wouldn't have automatically lost if this "plan" of yours hadn't go through.

Even if all these "uber difficult plans" of you guys didn't go through......you would still be alive on D5 making it a 2-1 LYLO like S&B said (at worst basically)

I mean, if Mattchew was the "lynch" set for the day (as well as Fulla), how can you get angry for "almost losing", if in a normal game the same thing would have happened (Matt is lynched and you get to a 2-1 LYLO)?

a 2-1 LYLY is either a lose for mafia for a draw because lynch and nightkills are at the same time.

If Zealos would have been able to do 12 damage before the attack phase started with another combi the plan failing would have meant town win.
If Zealos would not have been able to do 12 damage it would have meant Zealos and I are going to die at the same time => 0 v 1 and again town win.


you could probably have persuaded zealos to attack prome instead of you after the flip.

seriously prome's filter was very townie except for the part where he kept saying he thought mattchew was scum for no reason and then never following up on that

it's like any normal 2-1 lylo. If town figures out you're scum you lose. If town doesn't figure it out you win.

No way.

Actually all alignments were 100% proven the last day but noone thought about it.

I had 16 HP.
S&B is dead
Fulla is dead
Matt is dead

means left are:
Toad with 16 HP
Zealos with 18 HP
Prom with a lot HP

That is still before mafia beast. At this point I am 100% confirmed mafia because if that's the case there is no reason for mafia not to shoot Toad having 16HP because if he really is town it's a mafia win because of 1v1. So if I don't get hit by the mafia beast I'm 100% confirmed mafia and can't do a thing anymore.

So no, I could not have played on d5 anymore and would have forfeited if it came to that.


No. Nova wasn't confirmed mafia because scum "planned not to shoot on N2", since they actually forgot about it.
You can argumentate that they forgot about killing you this time too (if you don't send a kill).

Also, even if you are "confirmed mafia" you can still win. You just need to avoid getting 16 damage and you can kill Zealos with the mafia Beast that turn.

I already took 4 Damage this turn, I was down to 12 due to the legendary creature. Even if Zealos would have done 0 damage to me on d5 all they needed to do was 8 more normal damage + the legendary creature and I don't think I could have blocked that much if zealos would have played something on his or prom playing something as well.


Wut? You got damage? What legendary creature?


Mine. I attacked him and with my 4/6 flying creature with prot creatures which is also my legendary creature
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 09 2012 23:16 GMT
#1631
On July 10 2012 08:08 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 08:02 gonzaw wrote:
Also great, 4 losses in 5 games, with the 1 win in them being in a game where I was "lynched" D1.


....damn it, Prob I know how you feel now >_>

The fact that most of those games I was town and derped makes it feel even worse :/


i'm in a similar boat except that it's 1 win 1 draw and 5 losses in 7 games

I've also now lost every game where I've been town since newbie mini mafia 6 - fun fact, I have more wins as a survivor than as town.


<3333

That's why you should play in normals and minis. I run at well over 50% :D
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
July 09 2012 23:17 GMT
#1632
On July 10 2012 08:16 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 08:08 strongandbig wrote:
On July 10 2012 08:02 gonzaw wrote:
Also great, 4 losses in 5 games, with the 1 win in them being in a game where I was "lynched" D1.


....damn it, Prob I know how you feel now >_>

The fact that most of those games I was town and derped makes it feel even worse :/


i'm in a similar boat except that it's 1 win 1 draw and 5 losses in 7 games

I've also now lost every game where I've been town since newbie mini mafia 6 - fun fact, I have more wins as a survivor than as town.


<3333

That's why you should play in normals and minis. I run at well over 50% :D


that is because you leech wins from the good guys :3
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 09 2012 23:18 GMT
#1633
On July 10 2012 08:17 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 08:16 marvellosity wrote:
On July 10 2012 08:08 strongandbig wrote:
On July 10 2012 08:02 gonzaw wrote:
Also great, 4 losses in 5 games, with the 1 win in them being in a game where I was "lynched" D1.


....damn it, Prob I know how you feel now >_>

The fact that most of those games I was town and derped makes it feel even worse :/


i'm in a similar boat except that it's 1 win 1 draw and 5 losses in 7 games

I've also now lost every game where I've been town since newbie mini mafia 6 - fun fact, I have more wins as a survivor than as town.


<3333

That's why you should play in normals and minis. I run at well over 50% :D


that is because you leech wins from the good guys :3


:ooooooo </3
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
July 09 2012 23:19 GMT
#1634
On July 10 2012 08:16 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 08:08 strongandbig wrote:
On July 10 2012 08:02 gonzaw wrote:
Also great, 4 losses in 5 games, with the 1 win in them being in a game where I was "lynched" D1.


....damn it, Prob I know how you feel now >_>

The fact that most of those games I was town and derped makes it feel even worse :/


i'm in a similar boat except that it's 1 win 1 draw and 5 losses in 7 games

I've also now lost every game where I've been town since newbie mini mafia 6 - fun fact, I have more wins as a survivor than as town.


<3333

That's why you should play in normals and minis. I run at well over 50% :D


you also get chosen as scum way more than probability would dictate.

The only time i've been scum was my second game ever when we both sucked and faced a hideously imba setup.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
July 09 2012 23:19 GMT
#1635
actually new policy lynch
lynch marv

it's just math bro
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 09 2012 23:20 GMT
#1636
On July 10 2012 08:19 strongandbig wrote:
actually new policy lynch
lynch marv

it's just math bro


that only works if I'm always rolling scum :x
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
July 09 2012 23:21 GMT
#1637
On July 10 2012 08:19 strongandbig wrote:
actually new policy lynch
lynch marv

it's just math bro

dude I tried that vs Eran in irc and it's not working. He get's town the one time you're policy lynching
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
July 09 2012 23:21 GMT
#1638
On July 10 2012 08:19 strongandbig wrote:
actually new policy lynch
lynch marv

it's just math bro



Wait....marv was playing the game as well?


Oh right >_>


Damn, I was thinking "marv hasn't even shown up at all, something fishy is going on with WBG" at one point....but then I remembered kita didn't show up at all this game too so I disregarded it
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 09 2012 23:21 GMT
#1639
No, I wasn't playing

I'm not claiming this win as mine (only a little bit).

Toad did everything
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
July 09 2012 23:22 GMT
#1640
On July 10 2012 08:21 marvellosity wrote:
No, I wasn't playing

I'm not claiming this win as mine (only a little bit).

Toad did everything


But you said "I'll reread stuff and post my opinions later" or something (if I remember correctly), which implied you were in fact playing.
Prev 1 80 81 82 83 84 88 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko357
SpeCial 120
ProTech108
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16440
firebathero 1928
Bisu 1055
Hyuk 714
Horang2 561
BeSt 278
Larva 209
Mini 198
Light 162
EffOrt 159
[ Show more ]
Soma 126
Leta 93
Barracks 92
Mong 76
ZerO 72
Rush 71
Killer 50
Pusan 49
Snow 48
Shinee 40
Sea.KH 36
Sharp 36
ToSsGirL 35
NaDa 33
Aegong 30
Mind 29
zelot 26
Yoon 26
Sexy 25
Bale 19
sorry 19
Sacsri 17
Noble 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
JulyZerg 10
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
XaKoH 358
Fuzer 151
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss890
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1154
crisheroes1081
Other Games
gofns33880
singsing2021
olofmeister1368
B2W.Neo259
Livibee104
Mew2King82
ArmadaUGS41
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream213
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH145
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 31m
OSC
10h 31m
CranKy Ducklings
22h 31m
Online Event
23h 31m
FEL
1d 4h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.