• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:36
CEST 14:36
KST 21:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8879 users

Mr. Wiggles Mini Mafia II - Page 47

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 Next All
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 13 2012 03:46 GMT
#921
Mr Wiggles, is there any reason for the game not ending with my lynch?
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 13 2012 03:47 GMT
#922
Thanks Prob, I appreciate it a lot. I definitely had a lot of fun.

I know I learned a ton from start to finish and look forward to playing again.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
March 13 2012 03:49 GMT
#923
On March 13 2012 12:38 Probulous wrote:
I got warned for absent mindedly poking at you out of the game, you got warned for shitting on players. So no they are not the same. It give me the shits when players degrade others but hey it is all part of your stategy, whatever man.


I've apologized, I've explained myself. There's literally nothing left I can do. It wasn't personal, Snarfs play was actually pretty decent and Bluelightz isn't a horrible human being. I clearly lost my sense of perspective when I made that post and that's all there really is to it. If anyone else would like to discuss this feel free to PM me, otherwise I won't be discussing it any further here.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
March 13 2012 03:50 GMT
#924
Oh, and my post game post will be coming tomorrow late afternoon (NA time), I've got a ton of stuff to do in the meantime.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
March 13 2012 03:51 GMT
#925
On March 13 2012 12:30 Probulous wrote:
Wiggles why did this game go on for so long? Surely town could not win once AKCT didn't vote. It would only be fair for him to be modkilled at this stage of the game putting town at 2-2 with no vig overnight.

Anyway, I have a bigger post coming up.

I decided to give A Killer Cuppa Tea another 24 hours to show up, and didn't like the idea of a close game being decided by a modkill, so I let the night play out. The funny think is, AKCT just PMed me 2 minutes ago.

On March 13 2012 12:40 Snarfs wrote:
Time to point out a nice little mod error!

Jackal was listed as "shot on night 2" for the better part of a few days as opposed to the traditional "killed on night 2" while Paperscraps claimed that his vig role came with a high-calibre rifle...

But that wasn't why my mind changed so radically on Paper. I saved Palmar night 2 and knew there were two KP on him. The vig claim was the only thing that made sense. I tried to make it as obvious that I was defending Paper as I dared without giving myself away but clearly I didn't do a good enough job .

Well, all role PMs were exactly the same as in the OP, i.e. there was no flavour. I'm not sure if he said that before or after the post where it said Jackal was shot. Most of the time I interchange shot and killed for night kills. It's a bad habit, but flavour had nothing to do with who performed what. The same thing, but Jackal had his throat slit in the Day post, and Paper claimed he was a vig not the sk, and then it says Jackal is shot, so all the flavour was inconsistent, because it had no real bearing on the game.
you gotta dance
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
March 13 2012 03:51 GMT
#926
On March 13 2012 12:46 Probulous wrote:
Mr Wiggles, is there any reason for the game not ending with my lynch?

if snarfs had protected AKCT town woulda remained at 3:2 and coulda lynched scum and won
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
March 13 2012 03:54 GMT
#927
Decondou wp, and you too toast.
I was sure you were scum(like 100%) but then you started super contributing so I was unsure.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 13 2012 03:55 GMT
#928
On March 13 2012 12:51 Mr. Wiggles wrote:I decided to give A Killer Cuppa Tea another 24 hours to show up, and didn't like the idea of a close game being decided by a modkill, so I let the night play out. The funny think is, AKCT just PMed me 2 minutes ago.

You do realise that would have been incredibly unfair?
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
March 13 2012 03:55 GMT
#929
On March 13 2012 12:51 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2012 12:46 Probulous wrote:
Mr Wiggles, is there any reason for the game not ending with my lynch?

if snarfs had protected AKCT town woulda remained at 3:2 and coulda lynched scum and won


Decon and I had a backup plan. If AKCT was medic protected we were going to quickly post our votes on Snarf. If AKCT didn't show up we would have voted Snarfs first and we would have won.

Anyway, really leaving now, see you all tomorrow.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
March 13 2012 03:55 GMT
#930
On March 13 2012 12:55 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2012 12:51 Mr. Wiggles wrote:I decided to give A Killer Cuppa Tea another 24 hours to show up, and didn't like the idea of a close game being decided by a modkill, so I let the night play out. The funny think is, AKCT just PMed me 2 minutes ago.

You do realise that would have been incredibly unfair?

How so?
you gotta dance
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 13 2012 03:56 GMT
#931
On March 13 2012 12:51 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Well, all role PMs were exactly the same as in the OP, i.e. there was no flavour. I'm not sure if he said that before or after the post where it said Jackal was shot. Most of the time I interchange shot and killed for night kills. It's a bad habit, but flavour had nothing to do with who performed what. The same thing, but Jackal had his throat slit in the Day post, and Paper claimed he was a vig not the sk, and then it says Jackal is shot, so all the flavour was inconsistent, because it had no real bearing on the game.

Ah okay, I thought maybe it was in his flavour. Maybe he saw that on the front page and made that claim, who knows.
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
March 13 2012 03:59 GMT
#932
If you want my thoughts on your play or anyone else's PM me
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 13 2012 04:00 GMT
#933
On March 13 2012 12:55 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2012 12:55 Probulous wrote:
On March 13 2012 12:51 Mr. Wiggles wrote:I decided to give A Killer Cuppa Tea another 24 hours to show up, and didn't like the idea of a close game being decided by a modkill, so I let the night play out. The funny think is, AKCT just PMed me 2 minutes ago.

You do realise that would have been incredibly unfair?

How so?

Because my vote was decided by his absence yet he gets to live. There were three people on me and if he was around I might have been able to convince him to go with Bluelightz. If I could get Snarfs as well then Bluelightz would have died. This is of course all circumstantial because it didn't happen but his absence really limited what I could do to prevent my lynch. For him to escape censure by showing up after three days of no posting in my opinion would be unfair.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 13 2012 04:44 GMT
#934
On March 13 2012 12:14 Bluelightz wrote:
NO FLAMEWHEEL IS

BEST PONY

I SLAY DRAGONS
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
March 13 2012 04:47 GMT
#935
On March 13 2012 13:44 flamewheel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2012 12:14 Bluelightz wrote:
NO FLAMEWHEEL IS

BEST PONY

I SLAY DRAGONS

Proof:
[image loading]
From the Dark Times Before Mafia on the Sidebar
you gotta dance
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
March 13 2012 04:48 GMT
#936
On March 13 2012 13:47 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2012 13:44 flamewheel wrote:
On March 13 2012 12:14 Bluelightz wrote:
NO FLAMEWHEEL IS

BEST PONY

I SLAY DRAGONS

Proof:
[image loading]
From the Dark Times Before Mafia on the Sidebar


Those were indeed dark times, many suffered.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 05:56:54
March 13 2012 05:55 GMT
#937
Probulous if you can't correctly identify bluelightz's alignment based on what he posts, even in this game, you are the one who needs to improve. He also clearly does care
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 13 2012 06:10 GMT
#938
On March 13 2012 14:55 syllogism wrote:
Probulous if you can't correctly identify bluelightz's alignment based on what he posts, even in this game, you are the one who needs to improve. He also clearly does care


I get really frustrated playing with him because I can never tell what alignment is, I made it my mission this game to make him post stuff and it failed. He got me lynched because he voted for me based on a hunch and then abandoned the thread. I am not sure what else to do. I gave very specific advice on how to make himself useful and he intentionally ignored it, and he is town? I just don't know how to improve on this.

It isn't only him. AKCT was similar as was Misder. They lurk hardcore and then post stuff that is either really scummy or neutral. How do you get a town read on people who can't be bothered to participate? I'm serious in that any advice on this front would be welcome. I am genuinely frustrated and it ruined the game for me.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 06:18:39
March 13 2012 06:17 GMT
#939
Read his filter in his only scum game and compare? Also, just look for signs of him posting without fear and showing emotions that are hard to fake. Even one liners can make someone look town, but I don't really want to be specific and it's not easy to explain anyway

You are very good so it should be easy to adjust
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 13 2012 06:24 GMT
#940
Thanks Syllo, you're too kind. 0:4 is not good

I'm thinking of completely changing how I play. I think I post too much and dominate the thread making it easy for others to hide. My cases are getting shorter which is good, I just need to tone down the number of posts. I really need a way to deal with lurkers though, I mean end game here there were two town lurkers and a medic, how do you win a game like that?
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 229
TKL 161
CranKy Ducklings56
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinELIVE!
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM990
IndyStarCraft 160
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 990
Lowko440
TKL 161
IndyStarCraft 160
Rex 82
MindelVK 17
ProTech1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59989
Free 3098
Jaedong 2078
BeSt 686
Soulkey 420
Horang2 346
Soma 312
Zeus 198
firebathero 183
Hyun 180
[ Show more ]
Last 159
sorry 123
Mind 110
Pusan 83
Yoon 30
soO 29
ToSsGirL 26
scan(afreeca) 23
Aegong 18
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
zelot 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7058
Dendi714
XaKoH 405
canceldota38
Other Games
gofns33847
singsing2231
B2W.Neo479
byalli390
Pyrionflax306
ToD189
QueenE41
DeMusliM40
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 24
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• Gemini_19 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1370
• WagamamaTV470
League of Legends
• Jankos3185
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
4h 24m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 24m
Patches Events
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
OSC
1d 23h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.