• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:19
CEST 02:19
KST 09:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9698 users

Mr. Wiggles Mini Mafia II - Page 49

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 All
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
March 15 2012 00:43 GMT
#961
On March 15 2012 07:06 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 23:45 TheToast wrote:
As far as ACKT's absence making this unfair, that's completely rediculous. Town was about to lynch Bluelightz, and we knew who the SK was, Probulous you would've died in the night. Unless you were planning on hitting Decon, you were still going to lose. Frankly, Wiggle's decision not to modkill AKCT actually made things pretty even.


The point being that if the same thing had gone down with AKCT being around I could possibly have swung the vote. You guy had outed yourselves, I never got the chance to even try because he didn't vote. Your responsibility in these games is to vote and there should be accountability for them. My options were essentially whittled down to convincing an absent bluelightz to switch which is something I might not have had to do if AKCT was around. Letting him off scott free would be unfair in my opinion. I would not have died that night, you forget I was a veteran as well. You guys had outed yourselves so I knew that decon had to be the medic because you were just so out there compared to him. Now you can say you wouldn't have done this if he wasn't here but then I would not have been lynched.

As for Bluelightz destroying you, I'd like to see it. It would change a lot of things in my mind.


There's no guarantee AKCT would've voted for Bluelightz. And we outed ourselves with three minutes to go on Day 4, there was not much chance for town to respond. We were counting on that. Whether AKCT could have changed the outcome of the game is impossible to say. If you still have a problem with it, you should take it up with Flamewheel or GMarshal. Either way Wiggles was put in a difficult position and I think he made the right choice not to mod kill him.

Honestly Probulous, I think you're being a bit of a sore loser. Scum team had a teammate that put in zero effort this game. His posts scream scum, he made no attempt to defend himself, and we were left with the prospect of losing this game because of it. He may not have gone completely inactive but it was close; he had like 5 total posts in the Mafia QT. Bottom line is people going inactive and getting modkilled are part of this game, you need to plan for it and be able to react to it in turn.

You're right, I did forget that you had veteran status and maybe that would have helped. But the reality is you didn't have a single good read on scum the whole game. (sandro doesn't really count, he wasn't trying and we pushed his lynch) You were also about to kill another townie and the only chance you had to win was if you shot decon. From what you were posting it didn't seem terribly likely to me that would happen. It's not like you played the game of your life and had it snatched away from you in some crazy upset. You had a major slip up that clearly outed yourself and allowed us to out maneuver you, that's what I see as the core of this game.

And as for the Bluelightz thing.... no comment.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
March 15 2012 00:47 GMT
#962
Btw I don't think you were ever really close to lynching me. I just didn't defend myself because I don't need to(I will if pressured.)

I don't know if I've ever played a game where I got lynched(unless rolechecked), and I've played like 10.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
March 15 2012 00:51 GMT
#963
On March 15 2012 09:47 Pandain wrote:
Btw I don't think you were ever really close to lynching me. I just didn't defend myself because I don't need to(I will if pressured.)

I don't know if I've ever played a game where I got lynched(unless rolechecked), and I've played like 10.


I think we could have, go back and read day 2 night 2, I think we managed to get some good suspicion going on you. Whether you could've defended yourself is another question, but your posting seemed strange in the situation. But part of the reason we killed you night 3 was because we knew you were potentially dangerous. And the buddying with decon made it seem like you had an idea of his alignment.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 15 2012 01:03 GMT
#964
On March 15 2012 09:43 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 07:06 Probulous wrote:
On March 14 2012 23:45 TheToast wrote:
As far as ACKT's absence making this unfair, that's completely rediculous. Town was about to lynch Bluelightz, and we knew who the SK was, Probulous you would've died in the night. Unless you were planning on hitting Decon, you were still going to lose. Frankly, Wiggle's decision not to modkill AKCT actually made things pretty even.


The point being that if the same thing had gone down with AKCT being around I could possibly have swung the vote. You guy had outed yourselves, I never got the chance to even try because he didn't vote. Your responsibility in these games is to vote and there should be accountability for them. My options were essentially whittled down to convincing an absent bluelightz to switch which is something I might not have had to do if AKCT was around. Letting him off scott free would be unfair in my opinion. I would not have died that night, you forget I was a veteran as well. You guys had outed yourselves so I knew that decon had to be the medic because you were just so out there compared to him. Now you can say you wouldn't have done this if he wasn't here but then I would not have been lynched.

As for Bluelightz destroying you, I'd like to see it. It would change a lot of things in my mind.


There's no guarantee AKCT would've voted for Bluelightz. And we outed ourselves with three minutes to go on Day 4, there was not much chance for town to respond. We were counting on that. Whether AKCT could have changed the outcome of the game is impossible to say. If you still have a problem with it, you should take it up with Flamewheel or GMarshal. Either way Wiggles was put in a difficult position and I think he made the right choice not to mod kill him.


I fully agree that it put Wiggles in a difficult position I clearly don't have an issue because he didn't turn up. The point is you have these rules to avoid exactly these things. What is the point if you don't follow them.

Honestly Probulous, I think you're being a bit of a sore loser. Scum team had a teammate that put in zero effort this game. His posts scream scum, he made no attempt to defend himself, and we were left with the prospect of losing this game because of it. He may not have gone completely inactive but it was close; he had like 5 total posts in the Mafia QT. Bottom line is people going inactive and getting modkilled are part of this game, you need to plan for it and be able to react to it in turn.


I full admit that I should have realised you guys could switch the vote, that doesn't mean that it is alright for people to just not bother. The difference with being scum is you don't need a majority to make decisions. You can play with one man down because town doesn't know who you are. Hell bussing your dodgy guy is a valid play. It doesn't work the same way for town because I cannot tell whether the "dodgy" guy is actually dodgy or not. The point is people who don't bother look exactly like scum so it effectively gives you more numbers.

You're right, I did forget that you had veteran status and maybe that would have helped. But the reality is you didn't have a single good read on scum the whole game. (sandro doesn't really count, he wasn't trying and we pushed his lynch) You were also about to kill another townie and the only chance you had to win was if you shot decon. From what you were posting it didn't seem terribly likely to me that would happen. It's not like you played the game of your life and had it snatched away from you in some crazy upset. You had a major slip up that clearly outed yourself and allowed us to out maneuver you, that's what I see as the core of this game.


I shot sandro night 1. So no, sandro does count. If you guys had not switched I would probably have shot you. So yeah you would have won the following night. I believe I played well this game. My focus was on keeping the balance between scum and powerful townies. I shot scum night 1 and correctly guessed your shot night 2. I got distracted by sandroba's lynch and stopped pushing you which was a major mistake. Adam's case against me and his reasoning for voting for sandroba occupied me day 3, another mistake but one I don't feel bad about. He looked scummy, he doesn't normally play like that, I'm ok with that. That slip-up was a simple mistake and if it is what confirmed me then you were lucky. I was really frustrated with you because you were putting credence in an idea that made no sense to me. I tried to make sure all my reasoning didn't require me being an SK. I just happened to discount the possibility of a mafia vig because it made no sense.

Like I said earlier, not great but overall I am happy with my play.

Question for you, who did you think the SK was before that? I was sure you guys knew who I was from really early game. I was just banking on you WIFOMing a medic save and me having an extra life.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
March 15 2012 01:34 GMT
#965
On March 15 2012 10:03 Probulous wrote:

Question for you, who did you think the SK was before that? I was sure you guys knew who I was from really early game. I was just banking on you WIFOMing a medic save and me having an extra life.


We actually bounced around between a few people. Decon had you pegged as a possible SK early on, but our attention shifted to Paper briefly then AKCT.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
March 20 2012 20:53 GMT
#966
I took the liberty of updating the OP with links to all night/day posts for ease of skimming. This was not a bad game to read, overall interesting play.
Moderator
Prev 1 47 48 49 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings83
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE144
ProTech136
SpeCial 88
StarCraft: Brood War
NaDa 27
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever438
canceldota164
NeuroSwarm135
League of Legends
Doublelift4005
Other Games
summit1g6175
JimRising 440
C9.Mang0372
ToD80
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick709
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP69
• poizon28 34
• davetesta15
• Adnapsc2 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1075
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
9h 41m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
16h 41m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 41m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Patches Events
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.